Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel
375 Riverview Dr
Jekyll Island, GA 31527Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jekyllclub.com/
- Phone: 9126355200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm. Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Abigail Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano for Holiday Brunch
A word from Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel
Casual Fine Dining at it's best. The Courtyard at Crane of the Jekyll Island Club Hotel is located center courtyard and loggia of the historic Crane Cottage. Exquisite al fresco ambiance or well appointed indoor dining options are available along with world class cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel - Best Restaurants in Jekyll Island ›
Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (22)special occasion (22)scenic view (12)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We ate here twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. It was excellent both times. The service was great and the menu offered a variety. We would definitely eat there again. Love the ambiance. Those old homes are impressiveSpecial Features:
- Recommend with some reservationDumyumDined on 8/27/2014Server was nice but not efficient....slow to serve wine and mistake on check. Given food prices the food prep and service should have been more extraordinary. Ambience and hostess (French?) we're extraordinary:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!sbh0303Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were visiting Jekyll Island with family. We had a lovely date night at the Courtyard at Crane. The service/staff was friendly and accommodating. We had the fried green tomato appetizer to start. It was light and delicious. I ordered the crab-stuffed shrimp and my husband had the filet mignon. He was a little disappointed that the steak was over-cooked. He asked for medium and it was definitely medium-well. The steak was flavorful, so he still enjoyed his dinner. My dinner was excellent. We had the peanut butter pie for dessert. It was to die for!! The ambiance is very romantic and there is not a bad view from any window in the house. A real Southern gem! We will definitely return the next time we visit.Special Features:
- We are in love!AtlfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Our family takes an all-girls beach trip every July. In all the years we have been coming to Jekyll Island, this is our first time eating here! It was fantastic, great service, gorgeous dining room and outside courtyard. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual elegancethwgtDined on 7/20/2014Wonderful dining experience in the heart of Jekyll's historic district. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The beer cheese soup and the saltimbocca were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchJerryDined on 7/6/2014We dined at the Courtyard on our last day at the resort. It is a beautiful old cottage that has been converted in a restaurant. The ambience and service were excellent. The food was very good with a wide selection of choices for lunch. Will try again on our next visit for dinner.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Highly recommend! Food was outstanding. loved the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014We ate here, while staying at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. We had an early dinner reservation as we were eating wit our kids (8-15), it was early and midweek so it was quiet in the restaurant. The food was good and we all enjoyed it very much. I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and viewMeff44VIPDined on 6/29/2014We ate here on our Anniversary weekend. The food was wonderful and the service was attentive, yet not overwhelming. The view of the waterway made it all perfect. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 6/22/2014We ordered the seafood pasta seafood was cooked fine but the pasta was mush, also ordered the filet cooked med but it came med well and had a strange vinegar taste, our final order was the marinated tempeh could not taste the marinade and wanted to go in the kitchen and give the chef a quick vegan cooking lesson. Salad had a great dressing and the bread was fantastic. We had to sit near the kitchen door in a nearly empty restaurant way overpriced for the quality
- Good time, Great foodeddiessteelDined on 6/12/2014Met before a business meeting. The food and the service was at its best. I will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Incredible Dining ExperienceEliseDined on 5/27/2014I was not expecting to be blown away by the excellent food at the entire Jekyll Island Club. We ate at every restaurant and loved each one. But our meal at Crane was To-Die-For. The Scallops with candied pancetta were mind blowing. I am already trying to figure out how to recreate that amazing dish. We sat outside and it was an all around superb experience. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ARleneVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great food , service and view very nice lunc selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJansueDined on 5/22/2014We've eaten Thanksgiving brunch here for 3years. First time in the evening and it was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food on the Island!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Everyone in my party loved their food and they offered enough of a selection to fit my meat eater to my non- meat eater. We all agreed it was the best meal we had that weekend and would definitely be back. Our server was awesome and we enjoyed the beauty of the courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavish AmbianceTheConciergeVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have a corner table next to the fireplace which set the mood. The peach soup, crab cakes, filet and the duck (for me) was fantastic! Our server was very good with the kids, was honest and pleasant.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchkberDined on 5/11/2014Food on the buffet was "luke cool". fantastic selection and very tasty..!Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Courtyard at Crane - Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews archive.
- Just Wow!ZzzTheDayDined on 4/24/2014In my opinion, if you live on GA coast, you have to go to Jekyll Island for the food and ambiance at least once a year. I don't live nearby but how could it be anything else? The Grand Dining Room and the Crane Cottage are great places to dine. We ate outdoors at the Crane Cottage in a lovely courtyard with 2 dozen arches, lovely flowers, beautiful weather. Serene and gorgeous. Food was excellent! We both had seafood dinners and they were both yummy with excellent presentation. I'm not sure what could possibly have made this a better evening; we were even pleased with the house wine.Special Features:
- FabulousZzzTheDayDined on 4/23/2014This is inside the Jekyll Island Club grounds. First rate meal amongst gardens, columns, arches and great weather. Indoor tables available too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJohnT328Dined on 4/22/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Jeckyll and I made dinner reservations at the Courtyard at Crane. We decided to dine outside since the weather was perfect. The meals were great and the service was outstanding. Our waiter knew it was a special occasion and offered us two complimentary glasses of Champagne. We will definitely recommend the Courtyard to our friends.Special Features:
- Awesome place to impress!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Had a client coming into town and went to Crane to impress her! It was flawless and I didn't have to do any of the work.... only enjoy a outstanding evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Outstanding service. Delicious but expensive dinner. Portions on the small side. Our waiter was professional and patient, even though we arrived right before closing and took our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceBeachbunnyDined on 4/2/2014We were greeted and shown to our table upon arriving. Had been offered the choice of indoors or outside, but chose inside as it was chilly. Outdoors looked pleasant and inviting, however. Our waitress was knowledgeable and excellent. The salad, entrees and wine were excellent and attractively presented. We commented that the room we were in reminded us of dining in Italy or France - very nice ambiance and not noisy. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- transported to italyjaniceclDined on 4/2/2014not that this is an Italian menu, but eating lunch outside in the covered courtyard is like being in a piazza! Good wine was shared by a group of 6...special daily pizza recommended by waitress was excellent. Others had salads, croissant sandwich w/crab salad, or pasta with shrimp. All very light and well prepared. Definitely a must for a relaxing special lunch when on Jekyll.Special Features:
- Expectations easily metDonnaDined on 4/1/2014We expected a delicious meal, excellent service and a beautiful setting. We were not disappointed. Our waitress even went out of her way to speak with the chef regarding the special of the evening in order to get a wine recommendation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great semi-casual lunchtime diningEddie2Dined on 3/30/2014Our group of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Although outdoor seating is offered in a lovely courtyard setting, it was a bit cool & breezy the day we dined so we chose to sit inside. The room where we were seated was cozy, comfortable & had a view out large windows to the front gardens. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly & attentive. Tables are adequately spaced & although casual, there is an air of grace to the setting. The soup of the day (seafood with a touch of cream) was excellent; salads were fresh & bright with many good choices. Fish of the day (grouper) was well-prepared & presented, as was the artichoke pasta with shrimp. We were thoroughly satisfied with our dining experience & highly recommend C@C.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodWayneDined on 3/25/2014We arrived late and enjoyed a quiet and excellent dinner with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has poor qualityLisaDined on 3/25/2014The salad was premade, cucumbers had been frosted in the refrigerator. Fried green tomato sandwich was not on sourdough, was bland and bread greasy. Pecan pie was not fresh and was clearly a few days old as the syrup was oozing through the bottom crust. Server was nice (Kelly). Building was gorgeous.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Our dining experience was top notch. The food, the service, the decor, and the garden view was just perfect! The waitress was friendly and we four enjoyed ourselves very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always returnYoungatheartDined on 3/7/2014The ambience, service and food keep us returning to this gem of a restaurant. We have found that if it is a get together with friends or a romantic meal, Cranes delivers.Special Features:
- Great spot on Jekyll IslandTravelingRulesDined on 2/16/2014We love dining at the Courtyard at Crane for lunch or an early supper when we can eat outside in the Courtyard. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food excellent. The service is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic siteRVerVIPDined on 2/2/2014Great lunch in a historic cottage. Lovely grounds. Service and food superb.Special Features:
- Very nice diningDavid68VIPDined on 1/13/2014We tried both the Courtyard at Crane and the Grand Dining Room. Other than I didn't were a jacket and the ambiance wasn't as grand the food was very good and the service was excellent. This was more intimate and had the weather been nicer it would have been great to eat outside.Special Features:
- We have been going to CraneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We have been going to Crane Cottage for years - have always had excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location for a restaurantChuckDined on 12/31/2013We had a marvelous time during our dinner with Courtyard at Crane. This restaurant is one to keep on your return list! A gem of a place with excellent service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's so specialYoungatheartDined on 12/30/2013Courtyard at Crane is just a very special place. Where else can you dine very well and be a part of history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013The setting is most charming. The service was good. The food was unexceptional. For the expensive price, one would expect much tastier food. The bread was not good . The fish was not tender and the sauce was very dull. I was disappointed!
- Christmas Brunch -2013TallBobDined on 12/25/2013My wife and I had a wonderful time, even though the staff had to meet the challenge of unseasonable cold weather and wind gusts that made keeping food in the beautiful buffet an, almost, impossible task. Attila the manager was everywhere helping the staff. Kelly, our server was extremely pleasant. Even with the aforementioned issues, we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience and servicess2ueDined on 12/24/2013From the moment you enter "The Crane Cottage" you feel welcomed and appreciated. You have the immediate feeling "This is going to be a wonderful evening" The staff welcomes you to quaint and lovely surroundings. The chefs creations are a culinary delight. Two separate dining rooms on either side of the main hall, one of which was originally the main dining room and the other use to be the library. The center has an additional area for larger groups or parties if needed. During the cooler evenings you may dine next to one of the many fireplaces. Lunch can also be served outside around the courtyard. Upon request, they will even make blue cheese stuffed olives for a martini. Guest rooms are available as well with fireplaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate there Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013We ate there Christmas Eve and thought the food was great. It was nice to choose right off of the menu instead of a special menu. Beautifully decorated for Christmas. Great choice.Special Features: