8989 Archer Avenue
Willow Springs, IL 60480Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.courtrights.com/
- Phone: 7088398000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerome Bacle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A 4-star destination restaurant offering Chef Bacle's creative American cuisine, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, uber attentive service in a gracious woodland setting with manicured gardens(25 min. west of Chicago). An elegant interior offers 3 private dining rooms seating 10-175.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Courtright 7088398000
A word from Courtright's
Courtright's, a 4-star destination restaurant (Phil Vettel, Chicago Tribune, June 2010 & December 2004), offers guests a one-of-a-kind American Fine Dining experience in a gracious woodland setting. Conveniently located 25 minutes west of the Chicago Loop, Courtright’s attracts food and wine enthusiasts from the entire Chicagoland area as well international wine makers, wine aficionados and celebrities. Unique Features include: •Award-winning 17,000 bottle wine cellar •Outdoor manicured garden nestled alongside an expansive forest preserve •Outdoor garden gazebo •Two fireplaces •Floor-to-ceiling picture windows offering views of the outdoor garden and wild life all year round •Private wine cellar dining roomContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Courtright's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We will miss youDeiveVIPDined on 12/31/2013Courtright's will be missed as nothing even comes close to this wonderful dining experience in the western suburbs. We wish you well in all your future endeavors .Special Features:
- Soon to be lost TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2013Remarkable and under appreciated gem. A fine dining experience by any account. Although I understand the need to retire I'm saddened that Courtrights will no longer be open. We've enjoyed many anniversaries, birthdays and other special events there. It was a special evening relaxing and taking in the holiday decorations one last time. All the best to everyone at Courtrights - you've earned itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait, wait .. don't tell meclbjDined on 12/27/2013For a restaurant rated high for service, the wait staff was very impersonal. Wine glasses were removed before the wine bottle was empty. Waiter didn't identify himself and when I asked him his name I could not understand his response. Too many interruptions to see if we wanted more bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- closing so sadrobcoDined on 12/27/2013So sad that Courtwrights is closing Dec. 31st . After !9 years Bill and Rebecca Courtwright have decided to give up their passion and 14 hour days to enjoy their family and retirement. In my opinion courtwrights was a Chicagoland gem With great food and service and fantastic wine list and undoubtably the best setting, view and ambiance by far. It is for sale, hopefully a class act restauranter will pick it up and do it justice. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see it go. . .OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2013We try to go for lunch every December (I believe the only time it's offered) and always enjoy the bucolic setting and excellent food and service. Courtright's has been our choice special occasion restaurant for the last several years and are very sorry to see it close. I do hope that someone will fill the "big shoes" in the near future.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant; itpioneerjourneyDined on 12/27/2013We love this restaurant; it was our go-to restaurant for special occasions and our annual Christmas lunch. Food combinations are unique and always a tast treat. It is unfortunate that the restaurant is closing on December 31. Many of us who enjoyed Courtrights over the years will miss it, and those who have never tried it won't know what they've missed.Special Features:
- Never had anything other thanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/26/2013Never had anything other than a wonderful experience here. Especially enjoyed their "prix fixed" deals. SO sad to have to say good bye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodbyeglitzysueVIPDined on 12/26/2013This has been my husband's and my favorite restaurant. The service is impeccable, the food absoluting outstanding. Brian the sommelier is fantastic as is Marco the bartender. It is more liek being ina privste club. This truly an experience that is from a tiem gone by. The level of service and professionalism is unequlaed. I don't care how many famous chefs open restaurants in Chicago with whatever latest "foodie" trend - they will never freach the level of service mixed with food and wine and spirits like you have had Courtrightsd. You will be sorely missed. Thank you for everything. You have no idea how you will be missedSpecial Features:
- so long to Courtrights'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2013Sorry that this outstanding suburban restaurant is closing its' doors as of Dec. 31, 2013. It has had an amazing run, great reviews, and is a charming spot for couples, and special parties. We had our Christmas Eve dinner here, and were very satisfied with the food, service, ambiance, and overall, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Last OneMolldollDined on 12/24/2013We have always loved going to Courtrights and were glad to go one more time before they close at the end of the year. The meal was terrific. Great way to enjoy Christmas Eve with family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very sorry to know thatHappyfoodie1Dined on 12/21/2013So very sorry to know that this out of the way gem is closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!handymomDined on 12/21/2013So sorry it is closing. We had a great night. We had such good wine with our dinner! Thanks for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMaryMacDined on 12/21/2013We went for a final dinner at Courtrights as they are closing 12/31/13. Just a beautiful location & dinning room. If you've never been there you've missed a treasure. I only hope someone buys the place & keeps it as a fine restaurant. the staff has always been effecient & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to See Them GoJuliaDined on 12/20/2013Whenever I have been to Courtright's over the years, I have absolutely loved it. I truly hope that somebody buys this wonderful restaurant and keep on all the staff for years to come. Happy Retirement to the current owners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful place. We haveBJMPACVIPDined on 12/19/2013A wonderful place. We have spent many special occasions here over the years. We hope it will be taken over by new owners since it is closing at the end of the month.Special Features:
- Going to miss this place.tcmeDined on 12/15/2013We have loved this restaurant since it opened 20 years ago and it's closing this month. Someone, please buy it and keep the great chef and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last chance kitchenAylwinDined on 12/15/2013I could spend a long time writing a glowing review of Courtright's; but sadly to what avail, as this notable beacon on the more desolate stretch of Archer Avenue is closing for good on December 31st. This was in fact the second time we have dined there and this second occasion was way more memorable food-wise than the first. I am not sure why; was it the mood we were in? Perhaps it's quiet, elegant but unfussed, cozy, warm ambiance and somewhat traditional fare is not what the cutting-edge foodies are after these days. You are unlikely to find raccoon pate or any "found" vegetables on the menu. The clientele tends to the older end of the spectrum - ourselves included - and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry I didn't find soonerHoagesVIPDined on 12/15/2013Service & food was excellent . Portions were very good. I'm sorry I didnt find it sooner. Closes at beginning of new year.Special Features:
- Great eveningLanerDined on 12/14/2013We took our daughter and son-in-law out to dinner and had a wonderful experience at Courtrights. It couldn't been any nicer. We are so sorry to hear that they are closing their doors as the end of Dec. They have been a wonderful addition to our town (Willow Springs) for 19 yrs. They will be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see them goMS16Dined on 12/14/2013I've always enjoyed going to Courtrights. This last time, I went for my wife's birthday. It was a fitting final visit. They've never dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say goodbye!MishydVIPDined on 12/13/2013We had our wedding reception a Courtright's a few years ago - what a wonderful evening. We have returned every year to celebrate. This year we couldn't make it on our anniversary, but made a reservation to celebrate - one last time. The evening was great, food spectacular and service impeccable. Sorry to see it close and hope someone else picks up where Courtright's left off - great food, great service and wonderful setting! Thank you Courtrights!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-Bye Courtright'sSandyNDined on 12/13/2013So sorry to see that this magnificient restaurant is closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadSadHopefulDined on 12/13/2013What a wondeful restaurant - I hate to see it go. I am hopeful some entrepeneur takes over the location and allows us to enjoy the beautiful gazebo view again.rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see it close but thanksMarandTerDined on 12/11/2013Sad to see it close but thanks for the memories! Always a 5 star in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit off, but nice lunchGregVIPDined on 12/10/2013We had never been to Courtrights, but had wanted to for a while. Since they are closing at the end of the year, this was kind of our last chance. We went for lunch. Overall, we had a very nice time. The food was very nice and we loved the view of the snow covered garden. The only weakness was our waitress, who was not as attentive as one would expect for such a highly rated restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once splendid cuisine nowOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/8/2013Once splendid cuisine now lacking in flavor, served at incorrect temperatures, and very overpriced. Sad final act.
- We'll miss Courtright's...kingofheartsVIPDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I have had the pleasure of dining here 3 times over the past year. Although it has been open for over 15 years, we (sadly) only learned about Courtright's recently. To spend an evening at Courtright's is to step into an era of dining that has largely vanished. Rather than dazzle you with a molecular gastronomic concoction, the fare here is traditional yet exquisite. The ambience is warm and welcoming. Although is saddens me to know that Courtright's is closing, I truly wish the Courtright family and staff the best in their future endeavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicioius butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013The food was delicioius but the service was absolutely horrible. I waited a 1/2 an hour for the server to even approach my table and drop a wine list. I had to ask the buss person for menus at 45 minuters after I was sat. My friends birthday celebration was ruined because of the horrible service. Did not make for a good evening.
- Resting on ReputationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/30/2013Service horrible, ordered two glasses of wine waitress poured one and half glasses from nearly empty bottle and said she'd return with rest, waitress had to be reminded to bring rest of my glass, she then proceeded to open new bottle at table and without tasting dumped into my glass. Not very classy and not acceptable for this costly of a dining experience. Appetizer Snail Cassolette was as far from anything resembling a cassolette as you can get except the small serving pot was cute. The recommended Lobster dish was tough, and the grouper was over-cooked and luke warm. Restaurant is closing at end of year so I won't be tempted to try it again.
- Last VisitBigFanDined on 11/28/2013Never had a negative experience. I will miss this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantmonaDined on 11/23/2013Courtright's is my husband's and my favorite restaurant. The food is always excellent - prepared with quality ingredients, beautiful presentation, interesting mix of flavors and textures. Service is wonderful and helpful. Great wine list and plenty of help if you're not sure about a wine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing at end of the yearDeiveVIPDined on 11/23/2013We are so sorry to lose this, our favortie, special occasion restaurant . Thanks you, Courtright's, for so many wonderful years!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!!!ChitownfoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2013A wonderful fine dining experience that's unpretentious. It's unfortunate for foodies that the Courtrights are retiring. Hopefully the next owner continues the tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had an absolutelyHowardDined on 11/21/2013My wife and I had an absolutely fantastic dining experience at Courtright's. Everything was perfect! For amazing food and service in a beautiful setting Courtright's can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Courtright's was excellent. Expansive wine selection, delicious meal using in season foods, service amazing given by nice people, and beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic evening with WifeWaltDined on 11/15/2013Wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner. I saw courtright's advertised by Open Table as the number 1 restaurant for a romantic dinner so I made the reservation via Open Table and had flowers delivered to the restaurant. When we arrived we were immediately seated at a table and the flower were already there. Everything about the evening was outstanding. The food, wine, ambiance, and service were outstanding. I scored a whole lot of points with my wife that will keep me out of the dog house for a very long time. An absolutely great evening !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2013We celebrated out 30th Anniversary at Courtright's. He had asparagus soup.It was ok, but my baked brie with asparagus and pistachio was to die for. He had the lobster and I chose the salmon. Both were delightful. For dessert, I chose the poached pear with coconot ice cream.My hubby chose the chocolate tart with pistachio ice cream. Wow!! We both left stuffed. The attention from the wait staff was exceptional. The presentation of the food was top notch. I had 2 glasses of a delightful Reisling and he had 2 cocktails. The bill, before tip was $180. Worth every cent.The dining room and bar were decorated for Christmas and looked very beautiful. The only thing that I am sad about is that we did not discover Courtright's sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell dinnerDonnaDined on 11/10/2013Courtright's is closing at the end of the year. And we have has some lovely times and dinners there. So we went for a farewell dinner. As usual, it was excellent. And now we are very sad that this lovely and delicious spot is closing. Such wonderful accompaniments to all courses. Tthe Brussels sprouts salad was fabulous. Their emphasis so using local sources for food does make a difference.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!LindaDined on 11/10/2013This is the best restaurant in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago...too bad they're closing their doors on December 31st. ;^(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itblissDined on 11/9/2013One of a kind, outstanding food. Love love love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.