419 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coupacafe.com/
- Phone: 3103850420x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Wednesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Thursday through Saturday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, South American
- Executive Chef: Camelia Coupal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering services are available at any of our Coupa Cafe locations. No event is too small or too large & our experienced staff is prepared to custom design the menu options of your choice at our locations or yours. Just contact us & give us your ideas for your special event & we will offer a variety of choices with delicious seasonal food at prices you can afford. Attention to detail & excellent customer relations are our top priorities.
Please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs private room with a very cozy ambiance for an intimate meal for 2 or 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Camelia Coupal 3103850420x
A word from Coupa Cafe
Coupa Café is located in the heart of Beverly Hills. Besides being a haven for local residents, the area is often visited by members of the sports & entertainment industry as well as tourists from around the world. Coupa Beverly Hills features its own brand of the finest single estate grown coffees from Venezuela. In a wonderful environment with an original California Bow Truss ceiling it offers a sense of enormous spaciousness. There is a large outdoor seating area in a tropical garden setting with an exotic water fountain where sidewalk seating is ideal for people watching; & an indoor fireplace area for dining & lounging. The menu is extensive, featuring Venezuelan & International Specialties. Happy Hour is everyday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm Free WiFiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coupa Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Even better than usualLucky13VIPDined on 7/23/2014Always very good, very reliable and surprisingly interesting, this recent visit had my two fellow guests raving. I stuck with my usual tremendous farro and shrimp salad. One spoke highly of the fish tacos, and its surprisingly spicy salsas on the side. The other had a Venenzuelan dish which seemed like a higher end deconstruction of Chipotle faire, but that was a good review of it. Very positive all the way around, though service was a bit sketchier than usual on this particular visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic optionsCosmoLatinaDined on 7/19/2014I first went to the Palo Alto Coupa Café. When I found out there was a Beverly Hills location and my friends were in town, I immediately thought of taking them there. My family, friends and I were all very happy with the overall service, options and authenticity of the food. I love how many gluten-free options there are, so very safe for me to eat there. I had almost forgotten that it's one of the few places that serves David Rio chai lattes. I would definitely return and get the duo arepa platter with the pabellon & vegan arepas again. I would keep coming back to order the pabellon & perico. My friend who is lactose intolerant, was able to easily get almond milk for her hot chocolate. Overall DELICIOUS & WORTH IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 90210 Neighborhood GemJohnEVIPDined on 6/20/2014The best coffee in Beverly Hills can be found at Coupa Cafe. Coupa has exclusive rights to import green beans from Venezuela and they produce a smooth, bitter-free coffee unlike anything else. Coupa is nestled among the many other higher-priced cafes and restaurants in Beverly Hills but stands as a reasonably-priced alternative offering authentic Venezuelan and traditional dishes. Sidewalk dining is the perfect spot to watch Lamborghinis and other exotic cars prance up and the down the street. Don't walk by! One visit and you'll be hooked!Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Coupa Cafe reviews archive.
- Food ok, poor service on Mom's Day!Yumyum1Dined on 5/11/2014Ok food. Outdoor patio looked charming but unable to really enjoy experience due to 60 min wait with mom and a child on Mother 's Day.The basics like water and silverware on table when seated were not adhered to. Overbooked and understaffed! Did give us a round of free mimosas for our wait but that even took 15 min to come. Willing to try again on an avg weekend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialDrDAKDined on 5/11/2014Coupa Café has tremendous potential. The food is very good, the waiters are polite and try hard, but when we were there for brunch the service was very bad. Mainly, we waited and waited for way too long and they mixed up oour order. Now, it may be that because this was a mother's day brunch and they were serving only a specific and new menu that the kitchen got confused and overwhelmed. But, a specific menu should make it easier I would think. Anyway, that has to be improved. Otherwise, the food, the ambience, the inside outside design of the restaurant were all great. I would go again for sure.Special Features:
- ¡Bien chévere!tpmorrDined on 4/5/2014Took my Venezuelan wife and our kids here while vacationing in L.A. The food was authentic and excellent! Loved the pabellón - don't have much of a chance to get that anymore in a restaurant since we left Caracas nearly 20 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quietly AwesomeMIchaelDined on 3/31/2014When I arrive the scene was quiet. The place was nearly empty on a week night about 7:00 pm. However, the service was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was wonderful. I will certainly venture back to experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific salads and an amazingValleyBoyVIPDined on 3/6/2014terrific salads and an amazing burger ... a great spot for lunch and a very comfortable patio to watch the people of beverly hills stroll by ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Took my fiancé here for valentines. That could be stressful but turns out she loved it!! Arepas are amazing...ceviche great. My fiancé hates fish but devoured the salmon. Great place that made my valentines day 100% victoriousSpecial Features:
- Was very unhappy with ourCupcake11Dined on 1/31/2014Was very unhappy with our decision to dine here. Food was bland. Ordered bruschetta as an appetizer and it was literally only bread with cold, chopped, soggy tomatoes on top and parmesan on the side- not even fresh. We were starving but couldn't even finish the appetizer. Ordered filet MR and it came out cold in the center and the waiter kindly took it back to be cooked longer and it came back well done with cold potatoes. Couldn't even eat it. Waiter was very nice and apologetic but obviously it wasn't his fault. We went on a Friday night and were one of only two tabes in the entire restaurant, which should have been our first clue.
- Great little cafeOCBusinessmanDined on 1/29/2014A nice cafe with good food (roasted artichoke appetizer and Venezuelan national dish were both tasty), pleasant atmosphere, and friendly service. The coffee was outstanding and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- The food was tasty and theFunFoodieDined on 1/24/2014The food was tasty and the staff was very friendly, but it took a while to get our food considering how empty the restaurant was. We went for lunch during the week and it took us close to 2 hours to get in and out of this place. Not a place to grab a quick bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibrant location!LlanetMartinDined on 1/23/2014This was my first time at Coupa with my friends. We were celebrating two birthdays and this was just the spot. We had a mix of vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores in the group and we were all able to find something delicious and suitable to our diets. The waiter was super sweet and attentive! I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at affordable priceChloezyDined on 1/23/2014Food was great. Serving was moderately filling and dessert was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIrst time trying Venezuelan foodJasonDined on 1/22/2014My friend and I visited for Dine LA and tried the Coupa fries, sliders, arepitas, pabellon, and tres leches. The total came to about $40 per person, which isn't exactly cheap, but the food was high quality, very tasty, and substantial. The service throughout was also pretty good, though it could have been a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodchewieDined on 1/20/2014Food was good. Service was good. Went during the LA nite out week for prefix pricing, but they were confused about the lunch vs dinner option and billing procedure, but we got to order the dinner selections which were very good and the bill was ala carte priced but within a couple of bucks of the prefix pricing so we didn't complain. The filets were very tasty and the Venezuelan beef dish was also good. The three deserts we tried were also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 1st time experienceGlobalGalDined on 1/4/2014From the first sip of aromatic & delicious vanilla chai tea, to our outstanding entrees of Venezualan Pabellon, Pabellon Chicken, Chopped Salad and Pesto Chicken Crepe, our experience at Coupa Cafe couldn't have been more pleasant. We enjoyed friendly service, very ample portions & fair pricing.. We sat on the quiet, outside front patio (though the inside of the restaurant is quite charming). The only issue would be that wait staff did not refill the water glasses very often. Otherwise, it was a great find in the heart of Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love everything about this placebhworkerVIPDined on 10/22/2013We work in Beverly Hills and this is a favorite lunch spot. It's a casual cafe but the experience is fine dining. Although it's Venezuelan the lunch choices are eclectic. The ingredients are fresh and delicious. I haven't had the coffee yet but the chai lattes are heaven in a cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun BrunchCatbruinDined on 10/13/2013This is a lovely spot in the middle of Beverly Hills for lunch or brunch. The food is Latin American and has a few unique touches such as spicy sauces, arepas, and fresh minted lemonade. Moderately prices, the meals are delicious and well prepared. The portions are also quite large and easy to share for ladies who lunch. The service was a bit disorganized when our party of seven started however they quickly made up for it and it was great through out the rest of the meal. Especially good coffee, individually brewed for every serving.Special Features:
- Great food and service!DrLCfoodieDined on 10/12/2013Must return for the Tres Leches dessert! Bomb dessert!!!! I'll be back :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chicken pot pie was toSABSDined on 9/28/2013The chicken pot pie was to die for!! Would order it again in a heartbeat!! Not like a traditional pot pie with a sauce but more like a dense filling inside of a wonderful crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently surprising; whileLucky13VIPDined on 9/6/2013Consistently surprising; while its Argentine menu looks authentic, tasty and very bad for you, the balance is filled with healthy salads and other great choices, like a daily vegan soup. Always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shock....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013I was more than dissatisfied! The service was just terrible! It felt like there was only one server for the whole restaurant. He got our orders wrong. The bus boy was frowning the whole time... And even uttered a complaint when we asked for clean plates! To top it off.... I guess since they knew their service did NOT deserve a generous tip, they added the 18% gratuity to our total bill when there were only 5 of us who dined! I spoke highly of the place, so I was so embarrassed after the meal. My parents drove all the way from the South Bay for mediocre food and horrible service. I will never go back to this place again! Don't waste your time, drive and money.... ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT.
- Nice neighborhood cafe in BevhillsfinedinertonightVIPDined on 8/9/2013Service is friendly and they have an extensive menu with ethnic and california style food choices.Special Features:
- Great food = good timesCeeemeeeDined on 7/21/2013We selected the DineLA menu and were not disappointed. Portions were a little large but the Venezuelan cuisine was yummy even if the degustation platter consisted of a lot of delicious fried cheesiness. MMMMMMM! It wasn't that busy on a Sunday night and I think the staff were happy to let us catch up and chat which was fine though we wished we had a little bit more attention as every time we needed something there was no one around. Food presentation and flavor were all there. I would go back for a casual lunch or dinner if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant overallOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/21/2013My friends and I had a very pleasant meal after church this Sunday. Service was very attentive and kind. Everyone loved their food. I was just "ok" with mine, but I was limited as I am gluten/grain-free. Very disappointing that their buckwheat crepes contain wheat -- why do they do this when buckwheat crepes are so easily made without this allergen, and so many that eat buckwheat WANT it to be gluten-free. I picked this restaurant because they had buckwheat crepes so I thought I could eat here. They make a big deal of the arepas being gluten free, but they're made of corn. With so many gluten-allergic people unable to eat grains of any kind, offering OTHER gluten free options (like buckwheat crepes WITHOUT wheat) would be a smart move.Special Features:
- Great place, great food!CaracascrisDined on 7/6/2013The place is small and charming, not noisy, great outside seating in the heart of Beverly Hills. Great, delicious, and very authentic Venezuelan food. A bit pricey, but it was worth it to me!Special Features:
- Solid salads; interesing ifLucky13VIPDined on 6/24/2013Solid salads; interesing if unhealthy South American faire. Excellent vegan zucchini soup was the special at my last meal. Relaxed place. Sitting outside nice, but you don't feel like you're out on the street like a lot of Beverly Hills places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2013Unlikely find in the heart of beverly Hills. Had a great time. The waiter was nice and took time to explain the menu since it was my first visit. Food was delicious and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place! Try the ElephantSherVIPDined on 3/31/2013Special place! Try the Elephant Vanilla Chai Latte!
- It would be nice to hear someOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013It would be nice to hear some more lively music: venezuelan, cuban, spanish, guitar.etc. some soft but alternative contemporary latin ritmos!! ... The music that evening seemed elevator music .....Special Features:
- Have dined here many times,KimberlyVIPDined on 2/28/2013Have dined here many times, with husband and with friends, and we always have a wonderful experience. Great food and if you're lucky, they'll have a live guitarist which really sets a great mood.Special Features:
- We went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went here for Valentine's Day. I called a couple days early to find out what was on the pre-fixe menu and the person I spoke with gave me a little incorrect information, however the food choices we had were absolutely great! This was our first time having Venezuelan food as well. Lots of great unexpected textures and flavor layers in the food. The restaurant was BEAUTIFULLY decorated. The staff was friendly, and the ambience was very romantic. This was a great place to go, and so unexpected for a CAFE - I mean it was pretty swanky, and yet reasonably priced. Their was a great wine selection and fantastic desserts as well. Great experience overall and I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent breakfast arepaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2013Excellent breakfast arepa and fabulous cappucino. My luncheon friend had a salad, and asked to exclude the avocado, etc. The waiter offered to include other vegetables -- a nice touch which my friend appreciated. Nice relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- I had a hamburger, big andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2013I had a hamburger, big and juicy, with a so-so glass of wine. My friend had the Dine LA special, which was a variety of Venezuelan food. She liked it. I shared her appetizer with her, tiny cork cakes with cheese. They were pleasant but not outstanding. The dessert, however, was very good, a flan that was rich but not too sweet. I'd eat there again. The atmosphere and service were very good. Looks like a good place to sit outdoors and watch the Beverly Hills scene.Special Features:
- It's nice to find a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012It's nice to find a restaurant in the area with Venezuelan food. The arepas are always my favorite with one appetizer or another. End your meal with the Spicy Maya Hot Chocolate or Cafe Marron. Excellent food!Special Features:
- Lousy food, worse service!!!HelpthoseinneedVIPDined on 12/19/2012I came by on a late afternoon on a weekday, and it wasn't crowded at all. Introduced myself for my opentable points, and asked to join the other outside (on the noisy BH street) under a heat lamp. Got seated...10 min later...(I timed it since I know when I arrived)...I'm asked if I'm ready to order. I said "I need a menu first." Got the pizza--at happy hour prices ($10!). Nondescript rather bland pizza. I left. Entrees were pretty pricy for a place like this (cafe look versus more formal)...so I'm glad I escaped for only $10. Obnoxious name dropping guy at next table who spoke loud enough that he could be heard in Pasadena didn't make the meal better---but I'm not deducting anything for his ego problems. Lousy food and service.
- Great Happy Hour!DerekVIPDined on 11/24/2012Excellent happy hour choices offered every day of the week from 4-7 pm.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2012I'm SO glad I tried this place. We were looking for someplace different for dinner, and had no idea what Venezuelan food entailed, but it was delicious. The steak was perfectly prepared and expertly seasoned, and came with some special avocado sauce that was insanely good. Sweet potato fries (special)--so great. Maybe best ever. And we tried the chicken arepa (sp?) and that, too, was fantastic. The wine by the glass offered for happy hour wasn't great, but got a mojito later in the meal and that completely made up for it. This place will become a regular in our rotation.Special Features:
- This restaurant was so lovely,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2012This restaurant was so lovely, I was suprised it wasn't packed! More should enjoy this wonderful cafe. Everything was a delight: the service, the food, the ambiance. The food is exceptional and unique, so glad we tried it!Special Features: