34 East 20th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.countynyc.com/
- Phone: 2126777771x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jon Feshan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from County
County brings local, market fresh/seasonal ingredients and products to Gramercy/Flatiron. County uses local sources to bring the freshness to you. Our ingredients and products all come from local counties and local farmer’s markets. Our menus change seasonally and also will highlight local products when in season and available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
County reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (62)great for lunch (23)romantic (22)great for brunch (18)good for groups (16)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014House made ricotta and salmon tartar not to be missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowww kitchen..gems6799Dined on 10/12/2014We went there for late Sunday Brunch and this place was not crowded at all. County had probably around 5-7 tables of 2 to 4 seating at the time we arrived. Tables are set up very close together. We felt a bit stuff with very little elbow room..Food service was okay but kitchen was very slow!! Go there ONLY if you have time to kill on Sunday otherwise look some place else. We definitely wasted close to 2 hrs for a simple brunch on a beautiful day..Speed of the kitchen need some work! Will not return!Special Features:
- $19 FrittataalyleeDined on 10/5/2014$19 for an egg white frittata --not worth it. The ambiance was nice, quaint. Just over priced, portion was small. When I called to ask about a brunch menu ( which was not on their website) the girl who answered seemed to be annoyed but promised to email me the brunch menu after service. She never did. There are alot of other places in NYC that can get away with charging me that for eggs, this just isnt one of those places. They did have plenty of seating available for sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Great food -- horrible noiseItalianLocavoreDined on 10/2/2014I go often to County for lunch- It's always been wonderful. When I took someone at night, the noise level was NOT energetic -- it was obnoxious. I am willing to try once more at night because I adore County, but I truly believe that when patrons are so loud that nearby tables are squelched into silence, the management should find a polite way to put a lid on it. Otherwise, it's just one more foodie place in NYCV where the arrogant are allowed to do as they please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePatKDined on 9/30/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Friendly staff, specialty drink menu had great selections. Food tasted great, presentation was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatherineKatblueDined on 9/26/2014A local fave. Sophisticated food Ina neighborhood surrounding. Friendly and efficient service. Great bartenderSpecial Features:
- Most EnjoyableAlwaysDiningOutVIPDined on 9/22/2014I eat out about 5 - 6 times a week on business and was not sure what to expect. I came on a recommendation and County (a bit confusing since "Country" closed) exceeded expectations. The food was great, interesting too. The service was very attentive even though the place was packed. The bartender was an artist so do not hesitate to stop there first. Over all, a 9.8 on a 10 point scale and really well priced as well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COUNTY2014Hamptons2014VIPDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I had an amazing dining experience and this is the 5th time I've been here with different groups of friends. We've consistently had good food and service. You get what you pay for and it's well worth it. The staff is professional and can't thank Debbie enough for the memorable experience. I highly recommend this jewel restaurant in the Gramery Park area. We promise to be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Food was generic, nothing memorable and pretty expensive. Will not return and do not recommend.
- Gem of a RestaurantFoodJunkie84Dined on 9/15/2014Two words, honey ricotta. If for no other reason go to this restaurant. Of course there are so many other reasons to do so. Food, service, ambiance. It has it all. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!MarkoVIPDined on 9/15/2014Was in NY on business and found County and had a very good experience. Salmon tartar was excellent as an appetizer and the sea bass was incredible. Nice ambience- energetic but no too loud. Would definitely recommend and look forward to my next visit to NY.Special Features:
- Small place, big thingsRazmatazDined on 9/14/2014The old saying of the best presents come in small boxes, comes to mind when describing this place. The ambiance and food was brilliant, service could be improved on but that's not to say it was the worst. It's conviniently located so traveling to and from places is easy. Deffinately recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodrls305VIPDined on 9/7/2014Comfortable new restaraunt. Nice looking inside. I had the sausage for brunch, very good. Plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Flatiron EataryRBallDined on 9/6/2014County has a very cool, rustic-chic ambiance that feels a bit like an extension of Restoration Hardware. The atmosphere and service were exceptional --- Hannah the waitress was superb. The food was good, affordable, but nothing to write home about. If you are looking for a trendy, inexpensive, and consistent meal in Flatiron with a great cocktail menu, add County to your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Five StarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014All dishes we ordered were well made and delicious. Service was impressive. Plates were hot when brought to the table. It's a highend restaurant with average price. It deserves my first five star.Special Features:
- Needs to get their act togetherPrettyarlDined on 9/6/2014I went there with a friend for brunch. I ordered the dish with 3 eggs and bacon. I requested a salad instead of potatoes and the request was graciously accommodated. The eggs and the salad arrived at my table sprinkled with cracked black pepper...I am allergic to cracked black pepper! Since I have NEVER experienced eggs coming from the kitchen with the pepper already on them, I was quite surprised. Everything had to be sent back to be redone. In all this confusion, I had not noticed that the plate with the peppered eggs came out missing the bacon. When I was eating the 2nd version of the eggs, I noticed that the bacon was missing. I told the waiter. By the time it came out of the kitchen, I was finished eating the eggs.
- Lovely Food/Not so Lovely Service4FoodiesDined on 9/5/2014Delicious food, poor service. We had an inexperienced, unfriendly waitress, then another waiter took our order. We received appetizer in a timely manner but waited a while for entrees. We asked the 2nd waiter who said (in an unfriendly way) that he wasn't our waiter! We finally had delicious meal but had to ask about a second round of drinks. When the waiter who said he wasn't our waiter was leaving for the night, he introduced us to another waitress whom he said would help us. She never came back! The initial, more inexperienced waitress did (by that time she was friendlier). When the hostess called to confirm, she noted that we were celebrating 2 birthdays, but when we were there, no one remembered or did anything special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good finddinosaursbecomeextinctDined on 9/5/2014Will go back - need to try other dishes too. Some dishes were surprisingly more spicy than I expected/ wanted - but they seem accomodating and now that I know, I'll ask...Special Features:
- Reliable - Great Service and MenuzaibotDined on 8/29/2014I absolutely love County. The menu is creative and the cocktails are delicious. You must try the ricotta spread as an appetizer and the bread pudding for dessert! They are truly outstanding. I really enjoyed my main course as well. I had the Ricotta Cavatelli which was rich and flavorful. This time, I only gave 4 stars for service because they forgot my husband's fries with his order, otherwise I would have given service 5 stars. I have been here many times without incident so I don't think this is anything to worry about.Special Features:
- Early dinnerCtkathy1Dined on 8/21/2014Very enjoyable early dinner. My salad with shrimp was excellent. I would return if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot in Gramercy!AlexRaeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great cocktails, delicious menu and fun ambiance. The ricotta with mint and honey appetizer is AMAZING!Special Features:
- Exceeding ExpectationsdeezertVIPDined on 8/19/2014I chose this restaurant based on its location on being near a show I was attending later in the evening. I read all the reviews prior to going and looked at the menu. I have to say that this restaurant was PURE AMAZING! I went w 5 girls and we were all equally really happy with my selection. I would highly recommend it!! We had every appetizer and one was better than the next. YUM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014Came here with friends visiting from Oregon. It's a lovely space. Combination of modern and country chic. We shared a Barbera wine which was smooth and delicious. Our friends had been noshing all day, so we skipped the appetizers and went straight for the entrees. We ordered Wild Striped Bass, Roasted Pork Belly, Ricotta Cavatelli and Grilled Salmon. Everything was incredibly fresh and well seasoned. I had the striped bass which came with a lime onion puree, roasted cauliflower, pistachios and a sunflower seed vinegrette. It was so yummy, I left nothing on my plate. For dessert we shared the Creme Brulee and a Bourbon Bread Pudding that was out of this world. The best bread pudding I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Second visit equally impressedMJP60VIPDined on 8/13/2014This place is just great. GREAT food, atmosphere and really amazing place...had the best server could not have been a better night.Special Features:
- emptyNancyVIPDined on 8/11/2014the restaurant was empty but nice and quiet. The waiter was the only person in the entire restaurant. Did not get our bread when we were seated. Had to wait for him to come around. food was just ok nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner Makes for Special ExperienceCooperplus2VIPDined on 8/10/2014The owner of this restaurant is the best! She makes the experience! The staff is good and the food is great, but her special touches are what makes this restaurant one of my new favorites. She is kind, welcoming and truly interested in making your experience positive and unique. In terms of food, the ricotta was delicious and our favorite. Our brunch items, chicken sandwich and eggs and bacon were also good. The wine and cocktail options are great for brunch.Special Features:
- Always a great experience at CountyDanNYCVIPDined on 8/8/2014The first time I heard about County I assumed it would be a nice and comforting experience. HAPPILY I was right. The good is unique without being over the top. The service is pleasant and never rushed. While all food is pretty great, DO NOT MISS THE RICOTTA AND HONEY APPETIZER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findquiltjane1VIPDined on 8/8/2014What a great find! The food was fantastic! The fresh ricotta appetizer was wonderful, as was the salmon tartar. All of our entree's were amazing. Wanted to eat someplace close to our son's apt and we came across County, so glad we did, it was the best meal we had in the city all week. My only complaint is they really need to use a regular martini glass, and not those dinky little things they use. Other than that, Perfect!Special Features:
- Good food and ambienceRoblikestoeatDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent and fresh. I went there on a date and it was both our first times eating there. We could not have been more pleased with the quality of the food and the design of the restaurant - they really nailed the rustic yet clean aesthetic. Great spot and would go there again.Special Features:
- Great second dinnerKnitterVIPDined on 8/6/2014We found County on a cold snowy night last winter,when the chef had just started there.Menu was small,but the food delicious. Last week, we had another great meal,love the enlarged menu. Both the tuna tartare and the salmon apps were amazing, but the striped bass stole the show, so many interesting flavors in one dish, the fish had mint stuffed inside, pepitas on top, accompanied by baby cauliflower in various hues, with a puree and a lime reduction, Outstanding. Brownie dessert is a must. I think the drinks, both martinis and wine by the glass are skimpy for the price charged, but would not keep us from going back.Special Features:
- County always delivers!tasteseekerDined on 8/2/2014The first time I went to County it was delicious, the second time I went to County it was delicious, and now the third time I went to County, it was delicious! Safe to say I haven't been disappointed. The food is always savory and flavorful. The drinks are always great. My husband wanted a tequila drink and left it up to the bartender to create something, and the drink was on-point! The waitress was friendly, had a great personality and the entire staff was very attentive. Granted, it wasn't crazy busy as it is the summer in NYC, so we got a lot of attention which was nice! Looking forward to my next time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESH AND DIFFERENTItinerantDinerDined on 8/1/2014Really refreshing menu, presentation and taste. I had the lunch omelet which had fresh herbs in just the right balance.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodTiffDined on 7/26/2014The service was good and ambiance was fine but the food was just blah. I had the risotto with the short beef ribs. It wasn't bad but I could have skipped out on that bland cheat meal. My friend had the driest chicken I've seen in a restaurant in quite a while. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Good food; good vibeapwinstonDined on 7/24/2014Second visit. All I remember from the first one was one of the best cocktails I've ever had, and so had two and didn't remember the food. Companion tells me it was good. Second visit, confined myself to one cocktail. Four people, four very good dishes--some inspired, some perhaps a little too much of a good thing. Ingenious dinnerware: a soup bowl that comes tilted forward so you don't have to do it yourself. Will likely return. An altogether happy find.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was fine. Nothing memorable really. Ambience was great! Service, the worst!
- Upscale comfort foodBob1947Dined on 7/20/2014The food was well thought out, well prepared and presented. The meat on the menu - ground beef, milk braised pork, pork & pistachio sausage, pork belly and chicken - was excellent - I have to think that they only use heritage or grass fed strains. The fresh vegetables were obviously "of the season". I am not a big french fry eater, but I would be if I ate at County more! The wine list is thoughtful and moderately priced. We had asked for a quiet table because we are hearing impaired. The hostess had seen our reservation note and thoughtfully put us in a great spot. Service was upbeat without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchSue2210VIPDined on 7/20/2014Would highly recommend County as a place to meet friends for brunch. Good food and good service. The scrambled eggs and bacon were very tastey. I've been to this restaurant a few times to have a drink at the bar as it's nice and quiet and the decor is very cool, but only recently eaten there. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and feelronozerVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful brunch with very tasty food for a reasonable price. The decor is beautiful. The dishes we had included a pasta dish, luscious french toast with great bacon, an egg dish and a frittata. We had the Ricotta with olive oil on crusty bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Confused ServicefindingubiquityDined on 7/18/2014The food did not disappoint. We had the Salmon Tartare to start and I got the Filet Mignon. Both were delicious and well presented. The house sauce on the filet was so good! I was surprised by how disorganized the wait staff seemed. Multiple people tried to take our orders and at least four different people checked in with us throughout dinner. I was very confused. It took us a while to flag down the right person to give us our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with friends.momviewsDined on 7/11/2014Lunched here with friends on a Friday. Restaurant was only half full but we had a reservation anyway. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was great and plentiful and served promptly. I will absolutely add this to my roster of places to go in the city. Will also add this to my list of places to bring friends visiting from out of town. Thanks County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.