34 East 20th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.countynyc.com/
- Phone: 2126777771x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jon Feshan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from County
County brings local, market fresh/seasonal ingredients and products to Gramercy/Flatiron. County uses local sources to bring the freshness to you. Our ingredients and products all come from local counties and local farmer’s markets. Our menus change seasonally and also will highlight local products when in season and available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
County reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (56)romantic (23)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (22)special occasion (19)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Early dinnerCtkathy1Dined on 8/21/2014Very enjoyable early dinner. My salad with shrimp was excellent. I would return if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot in Gramercy!AlexRaeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great cocktails, delicious menu and fun ambiance. The ricotta with mint and honey appetizer is AMAZING!Special Features:
- Exceeding ExpectationsdeezertVIPDined on 8/19/2014I chose this restaurant based on its location on being near a show I was attending later in the evening. I read all the reviews prior to going and looked at the menu. I have to say that this restaurant was PURE AMAZING! I went w 5 girls and we were all equally really happy with my selection. I would highly recommend it!! We had every appetizer and one was better than the next. YUM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014Came here with friends visiting from Oregon. It's a lovely space. Combination of modern and country chic. We shared a Barbera wine which was smooth and delicious. Our friends had been noshing all day, so we skipped the appetizers and went straight for the entrees. We ordered Wild Striped Bass, Roasted Pork Belly, Ricotta Cavatelli and Grilled Salmon. Everything was incredibly fresh and well seasoned. I had the striped bass which came with a lime onion puree, roasted cauliflower, pistachios and a sunflower seed vinegrette. It was so yummy, I left nothing on my plate. For dessert we shared the Creme Brulee and a Bourbon Bread Pudding that was out of this world. The best bread pudding I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Second visit equally impressedMJP60VIPDined on 8/13/2014This place is just great. GREAT food, atmosphere and really amazing place...had the best server could not have been a better night.Special Features:
- emptyNancyVIPDined on 8/11/2014the restaurant was empty but nice and quiet. The waiter was the only person in the entire restaurant. Did not get our bread when we were seated. Had to wait for him to come around. food was just ok nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner Makes for Special ExperienceCooperplus2VIPDined on 8/10/2014The owner of this restaurant is the best! She makes the experience! The staff is good and the food is great, but her special touches are what makes this restaurant one of my new favorites. She is kind, welcoming and truly interested in making your experience positive and unique. In terms of food, the ricotta was delicious and our favorite. Our brunch items, chicken sandwich and eggs and bacon were also good. The wine and cocktail options are great for brunch.Special Features:
- Always a great experience at CountyDanNYCVIPDined on 8/8/2014The first time I heard about County I assumed it would be a nice and comforting experience. HAPPILY I was right. The good is unique without being over the top. The service is pleasant and never rushed. While all food is pretty great, DO NOT MISS THE RICOTTA AND HONEY APPETIZER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findquiltjane1VIPDined on 8/8/2014What a great find! The food was fantastic! The fresh ricotta appetizer was wonderful, as was the salmon tartar. All of our entree's were amazing. Wanted to eat someplace close to our son's apt and we came across County, so glad we did, it was the best meal we had in the city all week. My only complaint is they really need to use a regular martini glass, and not those dinky little things they use. Other than that, Perfect!Special Features:
- Good food and ambienceRoblikestoeatDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent and fresh. I went there on a date and it was both our first times eating there. We could not have been more pleased with the quality of the food and the design of the restaurant - they really nailed the rustic yet clean aesthetic. Great spot and would go there again.Special Features:
- Great second dinnerKnitterVIPDined on 8/6/2014We found County on a cold snowy night last winter,when the chef had just started there.Menu was small,but the food delicious. Last week, we had another great meal,love the enlarged menu. Both the tuna tartare and the salmon apps were amazing, but the striped bass stole the show, so many interesting flavors in one dish, the fish had mint stuffed inside, pepitas on top, accompanied by baby cauliflower in various hues, with a puree and a lime reduction, Outstanding. Brownie dessert is a must. I think the drinks, both martinis and wine by the glass are skimpy for the price charged, but would not keep us from going back.Special Features:
- County always delivers!tasteseekerDined on 8/2/2014The first time I went to County it was delicious, the second time I went to County it was delicious, and now the third time I went to County, it was delicious! Safe to say I haven't been disappointed. The food is always savory and flavorful. The drinks are always great. My husband wanted a tequila drink and left it up to the bartender to create something, and the drink was on-point! The waitress was friendly, had a great personality and the entire staff was very attentive. Granted, it wasn't crazy busy as it is the summer in NYC, so we got a lot of attention which was nice! Looking forward to my next time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESH AND DIFFERENTItinerantDinerDined on 8/1/2014Really refreshing menu, presentation and taste. I had the lunch omelet which had fresh herbs in just the right balance.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodTiffDined on 7/26/2014The service was good and ambiance was fine but the food was just blah. I had the risotto with the short beef ribs. It wasn't bad but I could have skipped out on that bland cheat meal. My friend had the driest chicken I've seen in a restaurant in quite a while. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Good food; good vibeapwinstonDined on 7/24/2014Second visit. All I remember from the first one was one of the best cocktails I've ever had, and so had two and didn't remember the food. Companion tells me it was good. Second visit, confined myself to one cocktail. Four people, four very good dishes--some inspired, some perhaps a little too much of a good thing. Ingenious dinnerware: a soup bowl that comes tilted forward so you don't have to do it yourself. Will likely return. An altogether happy find.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was fine. Nothing memorable really. Ambience was great! Service, the worst!
- Upscale comfort foodBob1947Dined on 7/20/2014The food was well thought out, well prepared and presented. The meat on the menu - ground beef, milk braised pork, pork & pistachio sausage, pork belly and chicken - was excellent - I have to think that they only use heritage or grass fed strains. The fresh vegetables were obviously "of the season". I am not a big french fry eater, but I would be if I ate at County more! The wine list is thoughtful and moderately priced. We had asked for a quiet table because we are hearing impaired. The hostess had seen our reservation note and thoughtfully put us in a great spot. Service was upbeat without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchSue2210VIPDined on 7/20/2014Would highly recommend County as a place to meet friends for brunch. Good food and good service. The scrambled eggs and bacon were very tastey. I've been to this restaurant a few times to have a drink at the bar as it's nice and quiet and the decor is very cool, but only recently eaten there. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and feelronozerVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful brunch with very tasty food for a reasonable price. The decor is beautiful. The dishes we had included a pasta dish, luscious french toast with great bacon, an egg dish and a frittata. We had the Ricotta with olive oil on crusty bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Confused ServicefindingubiquityDined on 7/18/2014The food did not disappoint. We had the Salmon Tartare to start and I got the Filet Mignon. Both were delicious and well presented. The house sauce on the filet was so good! I was surprised by how disorganized the wait staff seemed. Multiple people tried to take our orders and at least four different people checked in with us throughout dinner. I was very confused. It took us a while to flag down the right person to give us our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with friends.momviewsDined on 7/11/2014Lunched here with friends on a Friday. Restaurant was only half full but we had a reservation anyway. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was great and plentiful and served promptly. I will absolutely add this to my roster of places to go in the city. Will also add this to my list of places to bring friends visiting from out of town. Thanks County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with old friendsEmemDined on 7/2/2014Recently had dinner with old friends at County and we all enjoyed ourselves very much. We sat in a cozy spot, and enjoyed good cocktails and delicious food (the freshly made ricotta was yummy!). Our waitress was very friendly and the service was fine -- and we got to sit and talk for a while with no pressure to finish up quickly. We all said we'd be happy to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindmichminkDined on 7/1/2014We enjoyed it tremendously. The wait staff was terrific, personable and very helpful in explaining out questions about the menu. The food was SENSATIONAL. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great servicejahovaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Very friendly server, amazing tagliatelle, prices were a bit high for apps salads, but entrees were a good size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abc goodness a few blocks awayc0rtVIPDined on 6/23/2014abc coccina has notorious wait times. i understand their chef or head cook is now at county and making food better than ever.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!LoxloverDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant was a great find. So adorable. The service was amazing. They were so helpful and friendly. The food was delicious. The salmon tartare was the best I've ever had! I would highly recommend it to friends. I'm planning to bring my mom by too! Thanks again for a great night.Special Features:
- Truly OutstandingKenboDined on 6/17/2014Wow! The food is all organic and this chef is unbelievable. The organic strawberry salad was to die for and I've never tasted a homemade ricotta like that. I actually crave that ricotta and was wondering if I could stop in and buy that as a container - it was that good. All of the main dishes were outstanding and memorable and the atmosphere was special with the barn board walls and the down home family atmosphere with class. It is the perfect dinner out for that really special night where you want a classy place with truly outstanding food but with really comfortable and attentive service in a casual environment. I am enamoured by this place and it has definitely become my favourite.Special Features:
- Surprising Seasonal Appetizers!ready2eatVIPDined on 6/16/2014Met 2 girlfreinds for a quick bite and we were so overwhelmed by the selection of small dishes in the appetizer portion of the menu that we each selected 2 appetizers, and another for the table. Each was excellent-can only imagine how wonderful the entrees must be.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJimjaxDined on 6/10/2014I had the cauliflower soup and the chicken - both excellent. I also had one of their featured cocktails at $15. per drink. It was okay but too expensive and I'm not crazy about sweet drinks. No other liquor was listed. Also, the design of the place is very forbidding - extremely small tables - all metal austerity without a hint of warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buenprovechoVIPDined on 6/5/2014warm & friendly service. great atmosphere. yummy food. what else can you ask for?Special Features:
- lexlexVIPDined on 6/4/2014Overall the decor is great, teh food was tasty, but portions are small. The drink prices are a rip off. $17 for 3 sips of a drink is ridiculous in my book. I liked the restaurant, but probably won't go back because it was so expensive. It was good but not that good
- Business lunchNancDined on 6/3/2014First time at County was a dinner get together with coworkers, second was a lunch with a client. Food presentation was well done and the atmosphere is hip and relaxed. I'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant dinner on SundayHHellerVIPDined on 6/1/2014Friends requested a quiet restaurant with meat and burgers on the menu. Our kids had been there so we tried it. Bass was excellent. Soft shelled crab a little too spicy but steak perfect for gentleman who is a steak and potatoes person. Also very quiet Sunday at 6:30-8:30 so fit the bill.
- Loved!NomNomDined on 6/1/2014Amazing brunch cocktails! We never order them and we loved both! Slightly new and super fresh spin on cocktails I've had before. Food local, seasonal, delicious. Shrimp were super plump and fresh. Food simple yet vibrant. If you love ABC kitchen you will love this nearby restaurant that's not as hard to get a reservation!! Loved the decor too. Lots of wood and white wash etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place!zaibotDined on 5/31/2014County is consistently delicious. You can blindly order anything off the menu and be wowed. Even traditionally boring sounding dishes like chicken breast and mashed potatoes have a surprising flavorful twist. My chicken was so delicately crispy and yummy that I am still savoring it! The ricotta honey appetizer was perfect. I really enjoyed my pistachio cherry desert as well which had the perfect balance of sweet, savory and crunch. I love the new decor as well. It is updated to give you more privacy than the farm table seating they had previously (although I didn't mind!). You must also have one of their specialty cocktails. Overall, it was a lovely dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceMichaelSDined on 5/30/2014Even though my food-loving but untrendy group was three times as old as the next-oldest patron, we were made to feel at home and quickly seated. The food was pricey but, frankly, worth every penny. The best salad I've ever had was followed by a terrific entree and dessert. Every member of my group agreed that we would gladly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely hole-in-the-wall!pck255Dined on 5/29/2014Took my mother here and loved it. The food was inventive and tasteful with a well balanced cocktail list and fabulously rustic, quaint decor. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Deb rocks, food's great!inwinewetrustVIPDined on 5/21/2014Had dinner with a group here a few days ago and not only was the food delicious, the service was FANTASTIC. No easy feat for group dining. Deb was lovely and I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great place in a convenient location that's not too hard to get a reservation. Rustic ambiance. Didn't try too much on the menu since we weren't that hungry and just looking for a light meal but what we had was pretty good.Special Features:
- LovelyEatsfoodDined on 5/10/2014Every time I come here, which is probably a couple times a month, I'm completely blown away. The service after about 8:00 at night and during brunch can sometimes get slow as anything, but its friendly and well worth it for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.