Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
One Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.counciloakhollywood.com/
- Phone: (954) 327-7501
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch- 10:00 am- 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnny Tucker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge Entertainment 7 nights a week
A word from Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood is South Florida’s premier destination for fun, entertainment and dining - Where Rock Royalty Lives. The resort’s award-winning restaurant, Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, delivers a sophisticated fine-dining experience for 100% U.S.D.A. prime dry-aged stockyard beef, fresh seafood and an award-winning wine list served in an inviting, upscale atmosphere. Council Oak has been nationally recognized by Zagat and has earned Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence consecutively since 2009.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (37)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Excellent service and the food was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The restaurant took care of my every need the food was great the service was above par and the port wine great choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014When rating a steakhouse, I rate them based on the quality of the cut, sadly this stablished falls short in the meat quality department. We had a party of 4, two of us had the New York strip and a fillet, meat was cooked properly, but it was tough, chewy and lacking flavor. We also had the lobster mac and cheese, which was excellent. Garlic mashed potatoes were pretty good, the onion rings were soaked in grease. Wine list was great and so was our selection of a red Zinfandel. Overall, I would recommend you take your hard earned money somewhere else.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceJewelDined on 11/20/2014We went there for our anniversary and was not disappointed. We were never there before so we didn't know how the food was. I had the surf and turf and it was outstanding. The service was excellent. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014First they had a live band playing and my girlfriend and I couldn't hear each other speak. We ordered some glasses of wine and beer and the waiter was not knowledgable about them at all. Ordered scallop ceviche to start, all the spices over powered the natural flavor of the scallop all you tasted was sweet and spicy notes. Steaks were decent, had better and worse but it's more expensive than Morton's, capital grille and shulas but not as good.
- better take out a line of creditaoxomoxoaVIPDined on 11/17/2014This is a decent restaurant but way overpriced for the type of food that they offer. Crabmeat cocktail for $28!! Also be on the lookout for the waitstaff as they will try to steer you & your guests to the most expensive items on the menu. When only 1 person in our party wanted dessert they brought out 2 servings for the table & then played dumb when the check came. Highly unprofessional.....especially for a restaurant charging these prices. Save your money & go to Capitol Grille, Mortons, Lobster Bar, or even Ruth's Chris.
- Great restaurant!Fredy1975Dined on 11/15/2014Great food, great service, not a restaurant to go everyday (a bit expensive), bug a great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced food, small portions will not go againCptnAmDined on 11/14/2014The food was overpriced, the portions were small and the service was poor. Our dinner was a $200 bad experience. It would be wonderful if you heard the feedback and improved. I will not be going again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014I've been wanting to try this place for awhile since my husband gets to go here a few times a year for work dinners. We only had an 1.5 for dinner before the show we were going to was going to start so we skipped the apps & desserts. Need to be not in a hurry when dining here. Our waiter was really great on food knowledge & he understood we had a show to get too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Flawless Birthday Celebration Dinner!LillyDined on 11/14/2014It was my husband's Birthday Dinner Celebration and everything was absolutely flawless. We are both meat lovers and we rate our selection a definite 10, cook perfectly to the term we had asked for. Our waiter "Tim" was terrific, so professional and attended to our needs 100%.............. Last but not least, the "Chocolate Souffle" was to die for, it will bring us back in there time after time.... All in all, just a flawless night for a Birthday Celebration for my Love......!!!!! Thank you Council Oak and Open Table.....:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinnerdeb57Dined on 11/13/2014What a wonderful time we had at dinner. Our waiter was attentive and had great suggestions. I had the twin lobster tails and Rob had the veal chop. For my dessert I had the chocolate souffle with a birthday candle on it and it made my night. The french onion soup was great to start with and sides are enough for two to share. I would recommend this restaurant if you are at the Hard Rock in Hollywood FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!LuvgoodfoodDined on 11/9/2014Food was beyond delicious! Service was impeccable. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food encredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014We ordered the seafood app for two, excellent. I had the filet and lobster excellent, But the best was my wifes lamb dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta share this...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/5/2014We just got back in town for the season and wanted to check out one of our favorites. There is new management there and let me tell you it is definitely for the better! Service was the best we ever had there and the food was better than I remember. There are new things like foie gras (delicious) and all the old favorite steaks & cold water lobster. Plus, you can finally get a decent glass of wine there! The new selections are outstanding and at a decent price for a steakhouse.They even have those slick new iPad wine lists which really helps me out. They were packed for a concert or something but we still felt a warm welcome and were never rushed. Impressive. I rarely write reviews but we had such a great time I had to share! ask for Tim!Special Features:
- Date night at Coucil OakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great service, strong drinks, amazing food, friendly and efficient wait staff. A little loud, we found ourselves trying to read lips at one point but it was tolerable the rest of the time. Moderate to high prices but worth the money for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diggerjoanDined on 11/1/2014I always enjoy Council Oak. Jake is a very pleasant and efficient waiter. I have had him twice and am always happy to see him.,Special Features:
- Rhonda ---our waitressdiggerjoanDined on 10/21/2014We were fortunate to have Rhonda as our waitress and she was pleasant and efficient in every respect. When my friends' steak appeared medium and medium we were reluctant to mention it, but we finally decided to say something in the nicest way possible. She whisked the steak away and appeared with a new steak, perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- WAS DISAPPOINTEDlittlesurprisedDined on 10/19/2014Have been here many times and consider food, service and atmosphere on the upscale side on dining. There was a table of some sort of business dinner that were very, very loud and annoying. I was not the only patron there that was upset. My sister and 3 friends had flown in from out of town for her birthday and they were a little shocked the manager said there was nothing he could do about the noise (we spent 400.00 + on dinner). I am a business person and I get that they were paying customers but was surprised they were not dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gratetime2Dined on 10/18/2014It was a nice place, but it was a bit noisy, you could barely hear the waiters and vice versa. I loved the food it was great! Prices are a little on the pricey side, but over all it was a nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageFoodiegalmiamiVIPDined on 10/17/2014Average food with high prices. Steak overcooked, onion rings overly battered, looked like a stack of doughnuts, greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & VarietyDissapointingVIPDined on 10/16/2014Always excellent. Great food, great service. We have have here numerous times over the years and every time has been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed;bigjaysr07Dined on 10/16/2014We've been waiting over a year to dine there. For the prices, we at least thought it would've been fulfilling. I have no problem with spending money on happiness, my bill totaled $303, but I wasn't at all pleased with the food we had. Lobster cakes, shrimp cocktail, oyster's, and porterhouse steak was not to our satisfaction. Too little, and no seasoning. Was a good experience, but a first and last time for us.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedSWMWVIPDined on 10/15/2014Food is just "good". For the price, it should be Excellent. If you didn't lose money at the blackjack tables then you will certainly lose some here.
- Pricey but goodStoly51Dined on 10/11/2014While Council Oaks is one of the most expensive steakhouses I have visited, their food is normally excellent. One of my biggest complaints ,is spending large amounts in a noisy restaurant and having to lean in to hear the person next to meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Four guests. Table in the lounge area. Service very spotty. Took a long time to bring the bottle of wine we ordered. First ,they brought the bread, no water service,or drinks.the food was good, it usually is. They have a new dessert menu. The pumpkin cheesecake was very good. The French press coffee is now being served in "Turkish style" cups. They need to go back to traditional cups. The metal handle on the cups gets too hot , difficult to touch.Special Features:
- kristinalaplume007Dined on 10/7/2014Was there for a special 21 bday. Service was ok....the waiter was not aware of his inventory. We had to return our steak. Didn't Smell good and taste bad.... Escargot were over cook and very small. Was much better in previous year. Don't think will go againSpecial Features:
- Maybe just a bad experienceSwg54Dined on 10/5/2014I've eaten here before and it was delicious however this time, the food was poorly prepared, the service was extremely slow and the waiter was very disinterested in doing his job. We waited about a half hour for our check as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014It was my first time going there. Had a wonderful time will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 10/2/2014Group of 4 before a show. VERY comfortable seating. VERY attentive service. Bread basket was good. I thought the chopped salad was below average. Crab cake was excellent. Filet Mignon was excellent. Lobster Macaroni was undercooked and I didn't see any lobster. Plus needs some crunchy bread crumbs on top to add that extra bite. Wild mushrooms were average. Coffee and desserts were nice. A nice place to eat when at Seminole Hard Rock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCOTChDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food quality and service, highly recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014only negative was...waited 25 minutes for final bill, had to ask twiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOCAFOODIEVIPDined on 9/27/2014Pricey....a good steak house located in the casino.Special Features:
- ExcellentMaggieDined on 9/27/2014This is the best restaurant I have ever been to for dinner. Food was prepared to perfection. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't returnOpenTableVMLDined on 9/26/2014The main course was not prepared to our liking: 2 out of 3 steaks were returned to the kitchen; side dishes were cold; dessert (Volcano) was ruined with too much 151 and was served melted. Overpriced for the quality of food served.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!!!Bubbles312Dined on 9/21/2014A bit on the pricey side for brunch, but worth every single penny! Great variety of foods! Everything was very fresh and constantly replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation on open table and simply noted in the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and would like to sit indoors. I did not even mention the name of the individual having the birthday. The restaurant sat us at a nice table inside. The service was excellent. And, without saying anything, the waiter brought out a large piece of cake and delivered it to the right person! The food was amazing as usual. I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joel did our night !!TonysBDDined on 9/19/2014The service was outstanding and the food very good !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDine42Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter was top notch. Food was excellent. Everything was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.LoveEatinOutDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I come here on special occasions. The food never disappoints. They use the freshest ingredients and everything is put together excellently. Service is always pleasant and attentive. And if you have space , enjoy the creme brulee for dessert ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YachadDined on 9/11/2014We dine with you often but last night the food was unusually tasty. Everything was especially delicious: tomato/cheese appetizer was perfect and the lamb chops were tender and full flavored.Special Features:
- Good Food with Too Much NoiseAv8torVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is good. The noise level though is terrible. You can't have a conversation. They had a rock band playing in the bar of the restaurant. I don't understand why. Elegant dining with rock band playing next to you inside the restaurant do not go together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.