Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
One Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.counciloakhollywood.com/
- Phone: 9543277501x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch- 10:00 am- 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnny Tucker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge Entertainment 7 nights a week
A word from Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood is South Florida’s premier destination for fun, entertainment and dining - Where Rock Royalty Lives. The resort’s award-winning restaurant, Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, delivers a sophisticated fine-dining experience for 100% U.S.D.A. prime dry-aged stockyard beef, fresh seafood and an award-winning wine list served in an inviting, upscale atmosphere. Council Oak has been nationally recognized by Zagat and has earned Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence consecutively since 2009.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (40)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Rhonda ---our waitressdiggerjoanDined on 10/21/2014We were fortunate to have Rhonda as our waitress and she was pleasant and efficient in every respect. When my friends' steak appeared medium and medium we were reluctant to mention it, but we finally decided to say something in the nicest way possible. She whisked the steak away and appeared with a new steak, perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Gratetime2Dined on 10/18/2014It was a nice place, but it was a bit noisy, you could barely hear the waiters and vice versa. I loved the food it was great! Prices are a little on the pricey side, but over all it was a nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageFoodiegalmiamiVIPDined on 10/17/2014Average food with high prices. Steak overcooked, onion rings overly battered, looked like a stack of doughnuts, greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed;bigjaysr07Dined on 10/16/2014We've been waiting over a year to dine there. For the prices, we at least thought it would've been fulfilling. I have no problem with spending money on happiness, my bill totaled $303, but I wasn't at all pleased with the food we had. Lobster cakes, shrimp cocktail, oyster's, and porterhouse steak was not to our satisfaction. Too little, and no seasoning. Was a good experience, but a first and last time for us.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedSWMWVIPDined on 10/15/2014Food is just "good". For the price, it should be Excellent. If you didn't lose money at the blackjack tables then you will certainly lose some here.
- Pricey but goodStoly51Dined on 10/11/2014While Council Oaks is one of the most expensive steakhouses I have visited, their food is normally excellent. One of my biggest complaints ,is spending large amounts in a noisy restaurant and having to lean in to hear the person next to meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Four guests. Table in the lounge area. Service very spotty. Took a long time to bring the bottle of wine we ordered. First ,they brought the bread, no water service,or drinks.the food was good, it usually is. They have a new dessert menu. The pumpkin cheesecake was very good. The French press coffee is now being served in "Turkish style" cups. They need to go back to traditional cups. The metal handle on the cups gets too hot , difficult to touch.Special Features:
- kristinalaplume007Dined on 10/7/2014Was there for a special 21 bday. Service was ok....the waiter was not aware of his inventory. We had to return our steak. Didn't Smell good and taste bad.... Escargot were over cook and very small. Was much better in previous year. Don't think will go againSpecial Features:
- Maybe just a bad experienceSwg54Dined on 10/5/2014I've eaten here before and it was delicious however this time, the food was poorly prepared, the service was extremely slow and the waiter was very disinterested in doing his job. We waited about a half hour for our check as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014It was my first time going there. Had a wonderful time will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 10/2/2014Group of 4 before a show. VERY comfortable seating. VERY attentive service. Bread basket was good. I thought the chopped salad was below average. Crab cake was excellent. Filet Mignon was excellent. Lobster Macaroni was undercooked and I didn't see any lobster. Plus needs some crunchy bread crumbs on top to add that extra bite. Wild mushrooms were average. Coffee and desserts were nice. A nice place to eat when at Seminole Hard Rock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCOTChDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food quality and service, highly recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014only negative was...waited 25 minutes for final bill, had to ask twiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOCAFOODIEVIPDined on 9/27/2014Pricey....a good steak house located in the casino.Special Features:
- ExcellentMaggieDined on 9/27/2014This is the best restaurant I have ever been to for dinner. Food was prepared to perfection. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't returnOpenTableVMLDined on 9/26/2014The main course was not prepared to our liking: 2 out of 3 steaks were returned to the kitchen; side dishes were cold; dessert (Volcano) was ruined with too much 151 and was served melted. Overpriced for the quality of food served.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!!!Bubbles312Dined on 9/21/2014A bit on the pricey side for brunch, but worth every single penny! Great variety of foods! Everything was very fresh and constantly replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation on open table and simply noted in the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and would like to sit indoors. I did not even mention the name of the individual having the birthday. The restaurant sat us at a nice table inside. The service was excellent. And, without saying anything, the waiter brought out a large piece of cake and delivered it to the right person! The food was amazing as usual. I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joel did our night !!TonysBDDined on 9/19/2014The service was outstanding and the food very good !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDine42Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter was top notch. Food was excellent. Everything was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.LoveEatinOutDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I come here on special occasions. The food never disappoints. They use the freshest ingredients and everything is put together excellently. Service is always pleasant and attentive. And if you have space , enjoy the creme brulee for dessert ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YachadDined on 9/11/2014We dine with you often but last night the food was unusually tasty. Everything was especially delicious: tomato/cheese appetizer was perfect and the lamb chops were tender and full flavored.Special Features:
- Good Food with Too Much NoiseAv8torVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is good. The noise level though is terrible. You can't have a conversation. They had a rock band playing in the bar of the restaurant. I don't understand why. Elegant dining with rock band playing next to you inside the restaurant do not go together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014JUST EXCELLET! WE BEEN TO BOTH RESTAURANTS IN FL, OUTSTANDING FOOD!Special Features:
- Ahi tuna rockedtenisaceDined on 9/8/2014Unfortunately, the crab cakes were mealy and over cooked. Usually, the food is delectable. We were rather disappointed on my b day to have a lesser than excellent dining experience. The service is bar none the best ever. I would expect the food would rate a 10 to match the pricesSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchNYerinFTLDined on 9/7/2014The selection of food was very nice. The selection of deserts was amazing but the quality was inconsistent. All of the food was well prepared but much of it was poorly presented. For example, the salad area offered wedges of lettuce with bacon and blue cheese but because the servings were very large, customers had made a mess trying to take smaller portions. There was a very nice sounding cake but it was very difficult to slice and, again, customers had made a mess trying to take a piece. The cake should have been pre-sliced and the wedges of lettuce should have been cut into half the size. Service is better for groups. Kudos to all the staff that cleared dirty dishes, even if they weren't assigned to our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchDineout54Dined on 9/7/2014From the moment you walk in you know this is going to be a wonderful experience. The quality of the food and the choices are the best I have seen in a long time. The service was just as good. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is they only give you one alcohol drink per person. The price that they charge you should be able to get more than one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Poor OrganizationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had a 6:45 reservation. When we arrived at 6:30, the place was in panic. Several people who had reservations at 6 and 6:15 still had not been seated. We were told that they had to accommodate several "Premium" patrons. In other words, your reservation doesn't mean a thing if a "Premium" person wants your table. We were lucky as we found 2 seats at the bar. Service was wonderful and the food was exceptional. If you have a party of 3 or more, I would avoid this restaurant unless you have no commitments for the rest of the evening. If you have show tickets, eat before you get to the Hard Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniloDaniloVIPDined on 8/31/2014Open table list this place for 1000 points but I received only 100 this is the second time!!! The restaurant need to enforce dress code, I don't like to spend $ 300 for dinner for two e seat next to s flip flop shoe and shorts ! Definitely I will have a second thought about Open Table and council Oak .Special Features:
- RugglesDined on 8/31/2014For dining in a Casino environment it is certainly excellent! The front desk is maybe a little to mechanical, not exactly the welcoming host , you expect in an upscale Restaurant. The service at the table is certainly excellent. Its a great getaway, gambling, great food and you can stay over night...Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great. My husband ordered a NY Strip and loved it. Baked potato is huge and toppings were great. I ordered a group and risotto rice. Amazing! I want to go back for more. Service was also great. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSteakmanDined on 8/30/2014Food was great but service does need improvement. When bar got busy the service was slowSpecial Features:
- My evaluationNICKdineDined on 8/29/2014The food and service are outstanding. I invited friends from Europe several times to experience this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diapppointed - Birthday dinnerhatethisplaceDined on 8/23/2014Food was overpriced and average. Could of gone to another restaurant which has no smoking and better food and less expenses. Asparagus was very disappointing did not even eat 1/4 of it. Drinks ere a little skimpy. I will not go there again.
- Great Food But PriceySatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/22/2014My adult son and I celebrated my wife's birthday there recently. We had reservations but were a little late and still got seated quickly. Service, cocktails and food were great, but it was a bit pricey. Great for special occasions, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening22AnniDined on 8/22/2014Council Oak is a fantastic environment and provides the basis for an enjoyable evening out after long hours in the office. From the food to the wine and the excellent service Council Oak delivered.Special Features:
- 2HappycustomersDined on 8/21/2014The best steak we ever had. What a great experience, it was our wedding anniversary and we will returnSpecial Features:
- enjoymentHudsonDined on 8/15/2014whenever you want to kick back relax enjoy yourself with some great food wonderful environment wonderful staff and the best cheftake no second guess council oak is the best place to go and enjoy yourself with a great meal with 5 star ratings don't take it from me try it out for yourself you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It!NickMDined on 8/15/2014I thought the food was just OK, fair and rated it as such. Had escargot, tuna tartar, a salad, filet mignon, and onion rings. the escargot and tuna tarar were not bad, but the salad had too much dressing, the steaks were over cooked and the onion rings were oily. Overall, not horrible. Just not worth the money. I expected much better.
- MeshJn1621VIPDined on 8/15/2014Mediocre at best. Would not be back. No stand out dishes and nothing to rave about. We ordered the chopped salad, Caesar salad, escargot, steak and seabass. Everything was flavorless