Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
5223 Orient Rd
Tampa, FL 33610Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants/co
- Phone: (813) 627-7625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wine
- Entertainment: The Council Oak Lounge offers live entertainment seven days a week and has a full bar and relaxing atmosphere.
A word from Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is Tampa's number one destination for prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list served in a contemporary upscale atmosphere. In the mood for steak? How about a 100% U.S.D.A. prime? All dry aged 21 to 28 days, cut right in our very own on-site butcher shop. If you're feeling like seafood, you can sample any one of our fresh fish, line-caught right here in Florida. Our Alaskan King Crab legs are right from the Bering Sea and our custom saltwater tanks keep the live Maine lobsters fresh. Complement your meal with a visit to the Council Oak Lounge where you can listen to live entertainment nightly, enjoy our Lounge menu and our superb specialty drink list or a fine cigar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (59)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (48)good for groups (43)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Water leak put a damper on our mealkacneDined on 9/27/2014My wine was fine, husbands Margarita had to be sent back as too watery tasting and then it still tasted like it was missing something. His Strip steak wasn't as flavorful or tender as he thought it would be and the Brussel Sprouts were under cooked. His chopped salad was excellent. My lobster was steamed and brought whole to the table with a small fork and a claw cracker. I was left to rip the tail from the body and the claws were huge. Having difficulty from the heat the waiter came to take over and free the meat. He also took the cracker and fork!! Made the little legs too hard to capture any meat. creamed spinach was delish. Would have be nice to have a hot cloth to keep my hands clean. I had to ask for one when I was finishedSpecial Features:
- The food was great.montskierDined on 9/26/2014I felt like I was in a wonderful New York restaurant. Shrimp cocktail, escargots, and lobster !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and musicgracieDined on 9/26/2014Food was good but too pricey! The service was great. The best was Taylor John Trio what a great band! Would come back for them!Special Features:
- Great steakharryh813Dined on 9/26/2014Had the 26 oz bone-in Cowboy Rib eye and it was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. My brother in law ordered the New York Strip and we traded tastes. The New York Strip was delicious but the flavor and tenderness of the rib eye was much better. We had the creamed spinache as an appetizer and that was some of the best creamed spinach I ever had.Special Features:
- Chef's grilling skills lackingDisappointedDined on 9/21/2014I took my mother here for her 82nd birthday. She likes her steaks well-done (not good, but that is her preference). The filet had to be butterflied and what she received looked like a charcoal briquette. After all the spin on how they age their steaks and the qualify, why would they want to cook the meat so long that it was dried up like a piece of leather. I wanted to return it; but, she didn't want me to make a fuss over it. How that piece of meat was allowed to leave the kitchen and be served, I can't imagine. Shame on the kitchen and our server!
- First time visitBirthdaysteakDined on 9/21/2014For my husbands birthday he had been begging to go so we planned and it did not disappoint the food was out of this word good. From the gourmet butters (yum!) to the artisan cheese and cured meats, FYI they pickle there own pickels and peppers. Lobster bisque was decadent and my grouper with watermelon topping sounds wired but it was surprisingly fanominal. I love being surprised! However the ony complaint was I could still smell the smoke from the casino in the restaurant yuk! And let me tell you I dressed like a 10, well not nessAsary since many people come in from the casino to dine. Oh well. Also bring a lot of money to pay your bill but it's worth it if you are a foodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed with foodDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Called to complain the night after. Never received a response from manager. Steak was under cook & lobster over cooked. Best thing of the entire MEAL was bread and espresso. Will never go back.Special Features:
- FoodLightningFanDined on 9/17/2014I ordered a steak with lobster mac and cheese. Apparently the waiter (Richard) forget the lobster mac and cheese and served it as dessert. Dismal.
- Treat yourself, once a month!MissJR727Dined on 9/12/2014Best steak dinner in town and pretty good everything else. Only thing that was not prepard to what I was familiar with was the lobster bisque. Rich satisfying soup but needed the real piece of lobster to really bring out the soup. Great place! I try to treat myself here, once a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak done rightFoodhackDined on 9/5/2014The star was definitely the steak. We started off with an ahi tuna app and had the surf and turf w lobster jambalaya side. The ahi was ok as was the jambalaya. The lobster part of the surf an turf was over cooked but still very tasty. The steak was fantastic. I had a very good fish plate the first time I dined here. However the streak is just special. I wouldn't have anything else for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceMrD62Dined on 9/5/2014Had reservation and seated immediately. They make a very strong cocktail. Had steak tartar and tuna appetizers, very good. Wife got the twin lobster tails and I had New York strip and we shared. The tails were huge and the steak cooked perfectly. Nice decor. We were too full to order desert. Service was good. No dress code enforced. Great for special occasion because it is pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Disappointed!PattycakesDined on 8/31/2014We have been here on several occasions and it used to be our favorite restaurant. It wasn't great last time but we thought we would try again, very disappointed! The lobster tails ($70.00) were over cooked and dry, lobster Mac and cheese used to be the best pasta I ever had, dry! Caesar salad was great! Service was slow, is this why our food all seemed to be over cooked? Whatever it was we probably won't go back! For $200.00 plus dollars really a disappointment!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014THEY TOOK THE BEST DESSERT OFF THE MENU, NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I think that the prices were rather high and everything was ala cart. The steak I had which was a strip steak was not exceptional for the price. I have had better elsewhere. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...like a good playbrossDined on 8/27/2014Council Oaks brings it every night! Great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- They couldn't care lessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to Council Oak like we had monthly previously. This time was awful and changed our mind on going back. The server was awful. I remembered that she use to work in the poker room and I have no idea how she got this job but she's awful. We told her straight away before ordering food that my husband was allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts. She said "K" and then stood there. We ordered steak tar tar and told her NO EGG. It came out with egg yolk crumpled on the plate and then when I said what is that?? She said oh there's eggs in there but I removed the egg on top....what!?? Then, my husband orders a side of corn and asparagus with entree. Both had egg or cream...no manager came to apologize. No responsibility. HORRIBLE
- GREAT!!!PAT1969Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was AWESOME!!!! Will be back next time I'm in Tampa and will recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My Filet melted in my mouth and my husband said his lobster was the best he' had.Special Features:
- Get the cowboyLiveseverywhereDined on 8/19/2014Melt in your mouth cowboy ribeye it is a must-have.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first time.JTampaDined on 8/17/2014i was so blown away the 1st time I went to Council Oak that unfortunately, the 2nd time didn't live up to it. The 1st time I had the filet mignon which was beyond delicious and cooked to perfection. This time I shared a new york strip which was just okay and a little underdone. The truffle fries were lacking in flavor. The service was EXCELLENT and if we weren't in a bit of a time constraint with a concert following dinner we may have complained and I am sure they would have fixed our issues. And the blue point oysters were delicious. I wish we had just stuck to those. I would definitely go again and highly recommend it to everyone. just don't get the tiramisu if you love authentic tiramisu - it will definitely dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The experience was great, the raw bar for 2 was incredible portioned and cooked to perfection along with the bread. The steak ordered was a porterhouse and it was not impressive at all or the sides picked (corn and mashed potatoes). Informed the server who immediate offered new options for steak and sides. Decide on the Cowboy ribeye and baked potato. That was the ticket to success. It was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. General Mgr Paul came by table to make sure we were completely satisfied.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$$CarnivoreDined on 8/12/2014My job has me on the road 250 days a yr. I love to have a great steak when Im in a new city. I've been to Ringside and Metropolitan Grill in the Pacific North West, Bones in Atlanta, Peter Lugers in NYC, Gene and Georgettis, lll Forks, Jess & Jim's, Bern's, just to name a few. I'm no food critic but I know a good steak. My experience at the Council Oak was a let down. I had the 26 oz porterhouse and my wife ordered the 8 oz fillet both medium rare. Although mine was done perfect and the 21 day dry aged beef was tasty, my wife's fillet was over cooked and very dry. I expected more for a $62 and $45 piece of meat. Have a roll and the salt and pepper squid at Rock and Raw and use the rest of your money on the casino floor.Special Features:
- Council OakKia1Dined on 8/12/2014I really enjoyed their food and wine selection. Eric, our waiter, was great! I will request him during my next visit!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Although the restaurant was not busy, we sat for approx. 15 minutes before our server appeared. After that, she was fairly attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect steakGoldFingerDined on 8/9/2014The only problem is the cigarette smoke from the Casino, which infiltrates the dining area. When you spend $800.00 for a dinner for 4, you would think they would fix the problem. I ordered the large Porterhouse cooked med-rare, Pittsburgh , what a great steak it was. The overall food and service, was above and beyond. In spite of the smoke, I give them an outstanding recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthdaynoodle440Dined on 8/9/2014We took my brother to dinner for his 50th birthday and everything was spectacular from the service to the food. I am a little disappointed that a lot of restaurants do not offer some kind of birthday dessert anymore, even for sale. I have asked this of many restaurants, willing to pay for the dessert, but no one seems to want to make that little extra effort. Bringing your own cake or food into a restaurant seems tacky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Council Oak-disappointingBugsyDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at Council Oak many times, this last time was extremely disappointing. The menu is in the midst of changing and some of the best menu items have disappeared. Given the high prices, I would have hoped for something more than plain old french bread with respect to the bread basket, time to find a new favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- loved the servicehawaii123Dined on 8/7/2014We had the best service and food. What an absolute findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiencePhilDined on 8/6/2014We've been twice and it gets better every time. Definitely get the French Onion soup and the long-bone ribeye; the steak melts in your mouth! Angie, our waitress, was outstanding; friendly and attentive, but not overly attentive. The sides are generously portioned, so much that we share them. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Went DownhillLyndammrDined on 8/5/2014We dine here nightly on our trip here. The first evening we were totally unimpressed and notice that it is not the same as it used to be. Prices are high (don't mind if we got quality) and two out of three of our steaks were not cooked the way we asked (medium rare). I have to be gluten free and we ordered the creamed spinach and ours contained bread crumbs on the top and throughout the creamed spinach none of us liked and I could not eat. There was no baked potato for me to have with my steak either. Our side dishes that we ordered were all on the cool side, the service was too quick and felt rushed, there were no steak knives for our use for the steak and the quality just isn't there any longer especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicejryanmolDined on 8/3/20145th time at Council Oak. As usual food was to die for and service was great.Special Features:
- Great Service, Pricey with Avg FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The service and ambience were great. The steaks were extremely high quality and cooked precisely as requested. But neither the steaks nor the asparagus had any flavor. They were not seasoned at all and the only seasonings on the table was a fancy rock salt and pepper which had to be appllied with a spoon and the salt crystals were far too large and pungent to dissipate evenly over the food. A side of melted butter and normal salt shaker would have helped tremendously. The lobster mac and cheese had great flavor but it was far too dry and over cooked. The quality of the food matched the high prices, they just need a chef that knows how to add some flavor.
- Amazing!MelindaDined on 8/2/2014This was a birthday dinner and I think it has now becone an annual event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Premium Quality 5 StarsCHefFooFooDined on 8/2/2014My 4th visit to Council Oaks & the reason we continue to dine there is the consistent, premium quality and selection. You can be assured of fine dining, excellent service and a great experience. The house aged beef is the bes anywhere & the preparation is always spot on. The sides, the apps and the desserts enhance the gourmet experience. From the two choices of salt to the three bread toppings ( Butter, goat cheese & tapenade)superb! Service & staff top shelf. Only issue was the noise level is a big high for a quiet dining experience so ask for a booth semi-enclosed seating on the west wall for a better ambient experience unless you like the high energy atmosphere in the center of the restaurant. FIVE STARS-will return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!JuJuDined on 8/2/2014And seafood is awesome! A must is French onion soup and lobster Mac! If you don't like cigarette smoke be sure and request an area away from casino entrance to avoid.Special Features:
- Waitress goes Postal on customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Council Oak dinner fo my Bday with family Srvc began great during Waitress was very pleasant in beginning. at best 60% occupied 1hr & 10 min. order dinner arrived. No reason given for delay Diner arrived watress left my pasta was bad Noodles were rubber bad Never saw waitress again. Finally manager hanging out nearby table flagged him advised of food and how never saw waitress to address issue Manager advised waitress she went off on me for telling manger about food / her service. I was appaulded she went postal on me and famiy for telling manager. Not what or how I expected dinner to go. My mistake for choosing Council Oak and not Berns or Charlies who offer excellent food and service and a great atmoshpere. John HanagriffSpecial Features:
- High-end Dining ExperienceMikeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed dinner together to celebrate and we were impressed. The steaks were great and the service was very good. It's expensive, but a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 353 reviews are from the Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews archive.
- Best steak everKevinDined on 7/22/2014Started with lobster bisque that was amazing. Followed with baby iceberg salad...fresh, dressing was terrific, huge slice of bacon. We were staying at the beach on Anna Maria and I wanted steak. When I walked in to the restaurant, I couldn't help but drool at the 20 oz strip. It was cooked to perfection...definitely one of the best steaks I have ever had. Service was right on que as well...perfectly timed food arrival, attentive when necessary but not overbearing.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvSteakDined on 7/22/2014Our visit was for a special occasion, my wife's 50th birthday! We were met at the door by a very nice hostess and promptly seated per our reservation time. The table service was professional and curtious. Our waiter was Danny and he did a great job of making us feel at home and comfortable. The food was excellent, however, my first menu choice was unavailable that night. As I said it was my wife's birthday and the restaurant provided a fantastic chocolate birthday cake perfectly suited for two after a big meal. We have been to all the higher end steak houses in the Tampa area including Berns, Shula's, Charley's, and Flemmings to mention a few and Council Oak is as good as any of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was really all about the ServiceHeartTampabayDined on 7/20/2014We dined Sunday evening for a friends Birthday. There were five of us and we are all in the biz. We decided to eat family style as to not waste to much food as we would be in the casino hours after dinner. I could go on and on about the food & ambiance being wonderful and the band in the bar was superb! But, the service was STELLAR! I am a corporate Director of F&B and two of my guest are Sommeliers and also culinary management execs. We were completely floored to learn that Nick had been with your establishment for such a short period of time. I really don't know how he could have been any more knowledgeable. I would have pegged him as a veteran staff member. Congratulations to you both Council Oak and to Nick on many future successes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.