Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
5223 Orient Rd
Tampa, FL 33610Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants/co
- Phone: 8136277625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wine
- Entertainment: The Council Oak Lounge offers live entertainment seven days a week and has a full bar and relaxing atmosphere.
A word from Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is Tampa's number one destination for prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list served in a contemporary upscale atmosphere. In the mood for steak? How about a 100% U.S.D.A. prime? All dry aged 21 to 28 days, cut right in our very own on-site butcher shop. If you're feeling like seafood, you can sample any one of our fresh fish, line-caught right here in Florida. Our Alaskan King Crab legs are right from the Bering Sea and our custom saltwater tanks keep the live Maine lobsters fresh. Complement your meal with a visit to the Council Oak Lounge where you can listen to live entertainment nightly, enjoy our Lounge menu and our superb specialty drink list or a fine cigar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (68)notable wine list (49)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (26)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ...like a good playbrossDined on 8/27/2014Council Oaks brings it every night! Great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- They couldn't care lessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to Council Oak like we had monthly previously. This time was awful and changed our mind on going back. The server was awful. I remembered that she use to work in the poker room and I have no idea how she got this job but she's awful. We told her straight away before ordering food that my husband was allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts. She said "K" and then stood there. We ordered steak tar tar and told her NO EGG. It came out with egg yolk crumpled on the plate and then when I said what is that?? She said oh there's eggs in there but I removed the egg on top....what!?? Then, my husband orders a side of corn and asparagus with entree. Both had egg or cream...no manager came to apologize. No responsibility. HORRIBLE
- GREAT!!!PAT1969Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was AWESOME!!!! Will be back next time I'm in Tampa and will recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My Filet melted in my mouth and my husband said his lobster was the best he' had.Special Features:
- Get the cowboyLiveseverywhereDined on 8/19/2014Melt in your mouth cowboy ribeye it is a must-have.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first time.JTampaDined on 8/17/2014i was so blown away the 1st time I went to Council Oak that unfortunately, the 2nd time didn't live up to it. The 1st time I had the filet mignon which was beyond delicious and cooked to perfection. This time I shared a new york strip which was just okay and a little underdone. The truffle fries were lacking in flavor. The service was EXCELLENT and if we weren't in a bit of a time constraint with a concert following dinner we may have complained and I am sure they would have fixed our issues. And the blue point oysters were delicious. I wish we had just stuck to those. I would definitely go again and highly recommend it to everyone. just don't get the tiramisu if you love authentic tiramisu - it will definitely dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The experience was great, the raw bar for 2 was incredible portioned and cooked to perfection along with the bread. The steak ordered was a porterhouse and it was not impressive at all or the sides picked (corn and mashed potatoes). Informed the server who immediate offered new options for steak and sides. Decide on the Cowboy ribeye and baked potato. That was the ticket to success. It was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. General Mgr Paul came by table to make sure we were completely satisfied.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$$CarnivoreDined on 8/12/2014My job has me on the road 250 days a yr. I love to have a great steak when Im in a new city. I've been to Ringside and Metropolitan Grill in the Pacific North West, Bones in Atlanta, Peter Lugers in NYC, Gene and Georgettis, lll Forks, Jess & Jim's, Bern's, just to name a few. I'm no food critic but I know a good steak. My experience at the Council Oak was a let down. I had the 26 oz porterhouse and my wife ordered the 8 oz fillet both medium rare. Although mine was done perfect and the 21 day dry aged beef was tasty, my wife's fillet was over cooked and very dry. I expected more for a $62 and $45 piece of meat. Have a roll and the salt and pepper squid at Rock and Raw and use the rest of your money on the casino floor.Special Features:
- Council OakKia1Dined on 8/12/2014I really enjoyed their food and wine selection. Eric, our waiter, was great! I will request him during my next visit!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Although the restaurant was not busy, we sat for approx. 15 minutes before our server appeared. After that, she was fairly attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect steakGoldFingerDined on 8/9/2014The only problem is the cigarette smoke from the Casino, which infiltrates the dining area. When you spend $800.00 for a dinner for 4, you would think they would fix the problem. I ordered the large Porterhouse cooked med-rare, Pittsburgh , what a great steak it was. The overall food and service, was above and beyond. In spite of the smoke, I give them an outstanding recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthdaynoodle440Dined on 8/9/2014We took my brother to dinner for his 50th birthday and everything was spectacular from the service to the food. I am a little disappointed that a lot of restaurants do not offer some kind of birthday dessert anymore, even for sale. I have asked this of many restaurants, willing to pay for the dessert, but no one seems to want to make that little extra effort. Bringing your own cake or food into a restaurant seems tacky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Council Oak-disappointingBugsyDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at Council Oak many times, this last time was extremely disappointing. The menu is in the midst of changing and some of the best menu items have disappeared. Given the high prices, I would have hoped for something more than plain old french bread with respect to the bread basket, time to find a new favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- loved the servicehawaii123Dined on 8/7/2014We had the best service and food. What an absolute findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiencePhilDined on 8/6/2014We've been twice and it gets better every time. Definitely get the French Onion soup and the long-bone ribeye; the steak melts in your mouth! Angie, our waitress, was outstanding; friendly and attentive, but not overly attentive. The sides are generously portioned, so much that we share them. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Went DownhillLyndammrDined on 8/5/2014We dine here nightly on our trip here. The first evening we were totally unimpressed and notice that it is not the same as it used to be. Prices are high (don't mind if we got quality) and two out of three of our steaks were not cooked the way we asked (medium rare). I have to be gluten free and we ordered the creamed spinach and ours contained bread crumbs on the top and throughout the creamed spinach none of us liked and I could not eat. There was no baked potato for me to have with my steak either. Our side dishes that we ordered were all on the cool side, the service was too quick and felt rushed, there were no steak knives for our use for the steak and the quality just isn't there any longer especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicejryanmolDined on 8/3/20145th time at Council Oak. As usual food was to die for and service was great.Special Features:
- Great Service, Pricey with Avg FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The service and ambience were great. The steaks were extremely high quality and cooked precisely as requested. But neither the steaks nor the asparagus had any flavor. They were not seasoned at all and the only seasonings on the table was a fancy rock salt and pepper which had to be appllied with a spoon and the salt crystals were far too large and pungent to dissipate evenly over the food. A side of melted butter and normal salt shaker would have helped tremendously. The lobster mac and cheese had great flavor but it was far too dry and over cooked. The quality of the food matched the high prices, they just need a chef that knows how to add some flavor.
- Amazing!MelindaDined on 8/2/2014This was a birthday dinner and I think it has now becone an annual event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Premium Quality 5 StarsCHefFooFooDined on 8/2/2014My 4th visit to Council Oaks & the reason we continue to dine there is the consistent, premium quality and selection. You can be assured of fine dining, excellent service and a great experience. The house aged beef is the bes anywhere & the preparation is always spot on. The sides, the apps and the desserts enhance the gourmet experience. From the two choices of salt to the three bread toppings ( Butter, goat cheese & tapenade)superb! Service & staff top shelf. Only issue was the noise level is a big high for a quiet dining experience so ask for a booth semi-enclosed seating on the west wall for a better ambient experience unless you like the high energy atmosphere in the center of the restaurant. FIVE STARS-will return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!JuJuDined on 8/2/2014And seafood is awesome! A must is French onion soup and lobster Mac! If you don't like cigarette smoke be sure and request an area away from casino entrance to avoid.Special Features:
- Waitress goes Postal on customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Council Oak dinner fo my Bday with family Srvc began great during Waitress was very pleasant in beginning. at best 60% occupied 1hr & 10 min. order dinner arrived. No reason given for delay Diner arrived watress left my pasta was bad Noodles were rubber bad Never saw waitress again. Finally manager hanging out nearby table flagged him advised of food and how never saw waitress to address issue Manager advised waitress she went off on me for telling manger about food / her service. I was appaulded she went postal on me and famiy for telling manager. Not what or how I expected dinner to go. My mistake for choosing Council Oak and not Berns or Charlies who offer excellent food and service and a great atmoshpere. John HanagriffSpecial Features:
- High-end Dining ExperienceMikeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed dinner together to celebrate and we were impressed. The steaks were great and the service was very good. It's expensive, but a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everKevinDined on 7/22/2014Started with lobster bisque that was amazing. Followed with baby iceberg salad...fresh, dressing was terrific, huge slice of bacon. We were staying at the beach on Anna Maria and I wanted steak. When I walked in to the restaurant, I couldn't help but drool at the 20 oz strip. It was cooked to perfection...definitely one of the best steaks I have ever had. Service was right on que as well...perfectly timed food arrival, attentive when necessary but not overbearing.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvSteakDined on 7/22/2014Our visit was for a special occasion, my wife's 50th birthday! We were met at the door by a very nice hostess and promptly seated per our reservation time. The table service was professional and curtious. Our waiter was Danny and he did a great job of making us feel at home and comfortable. The food was excellent, however, my first menu choice was unavailable that night. As I said it was my wife's birthday and the restaurant provided a fantastic chocolate birthday cake perfectly suited for two after a big meal. We have been to all the higher end steak houses in the Tampa area including Berns, Shula's, Charley's, and Flemmings to mention a few and Council Oak is as good as any of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was really all about the ServiceHeartTampabayDined on 7/20/2014We dined Sunday evening for a friends Birthday. There were five of us and we are all in the biz. We decided to eat family style as to not waste to much food as we would be in the casino hours after dinner. I could go on and on about the food & ambiance being wonderful and the band in the bar was superb! But, the service was STELLAR! I am a corporate Director of F&B and two of my guest are Sommeliers and also culinary management execs. We were completely floored to learn that Nick had been with your establishment for such a short period of time. I really don't know how he could have been any more knowledgeable. I would have pegged him as a veteran staff member. Congratulations to you both Council Oak and to Nick on many future successes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food horrible Gen ManagerCitationVIPDined on 7/19/2014We frequent Council Oaks @ twice a month- the food, hostesses, & wait staff are some of the finest in Tampa. Council Oak's new GM, Candiiss has little to no people skills; she doesn't care if the customer is happy, even regular diners who had a specific reservation for over a week like we did- & then when called out on a lie- blamed others for our reservation screw up. Absolutely the worst PR skills I've ever witnessed. From some of the other reviews, I'm not the only one who feels like our patronage doesn't matter and had a bad experience with management. The Asst Manager, a new young man, acted more like a GM than she did that's for sure. I feel badly for the dedicated staff that has her for a role model.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationcjrtpaDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I dined at Council Oaks to celebrate our birthdays. We had an excellent meal. We have no complaints at all and are already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Everything was top of the line. Only the bread was mediocre, but the steaks, the lamb, the lobster, the crabcakes, and the lobster bisque are all favorites of mine and are the best of any restaurant around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014excellent steaks ,dessert and good service. cream spinach was served lukewarm wine marked up way too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal!TinkEatsDined on 7/16/2014The food at this Council Oak is amazing! My boyfriend is Brazilian and is a meat lover and he said his ribeye was the best he's ever had! My fish was perfect and the sides were all amazing!! I would go back in a second!!! The staff was great!!! Bar is great!! Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60-day new york stripLewLewDined on 7/14/2014We loved everything about the restaurant -- the wait staff, the presentation, the wine selection, the food except for your 60-day new york strip steak. I'm sorry, but the 60-day new york strip had no flavor, was not tender, and the fat was not broken down -- as presented by your server. my husband got the 12 oz (on the menu) new york strip and it was absolutely delicious. The -60-day didn't even compare at all. You may want to try a piece of the 60-day to make sure it lives up to the presentation details. I thought about sending it back, but I didn't want to disrupt the rest of the awesome birthday evening with my husband. I, instead had it bagged up and brought it home to my doggies..... pretty expensive doggie treat!Special Features:
- hopingfomoreDined on 7/14/2014One of our favorite places -- not just in tampa, but all around.Special Features:
- STEAK DINNERSRichDined on 7/14/2014As card carrying "regulars" at the Sem. Hard Rock, we've been to C. Oaks several times and have always been completely satisfied. This time was different. The waitress was fine and did everything she could to make us happy but, the wait for the entree was much longer than usual, the salad was kind of blah, my wife's filet was undercooked even though she specified medium and my N. Y. Strip steak was tough. (Have they stopped using Allen's Meats ?) The side dishes were not that appetizing. Perhaps they have made a change in chefs but it was not the type of meal we've grown to expect. Every time we've been there before, the manager has stopped by our table to check out our dining experience but not this time.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food and entertainment. Would like to see no eating at the bar so one can get just a drink before going to the Resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Council OakPlatinumdiningDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I regularly eat here and enjoy the overall experience. Our waitress was excellent as was all the staff serving us. My wife chose the Sea Bass - and this was just outstanding! We had Soups, Lobster M&C & Creamed Spinach(cold and undercooked). I ordered the Ribeye and asked for it to be cooked medium well. This is the third time ordering the Ribeye here and it was bleeding. The steak was sent back - now charred on the outside still bleeding. The chef here does not know how to cook this big Ribeye correctly. The waitress offered to try one moe time, but at this point our food was getting cold. We enjoy eating here overall but don't get the Ribeye if you enjoy it more on the done side. I'll never order the Ribeye here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FullerTummysDined on 7/6/2014We are frequent visitors to this casino location. We decided to make this time special so we chose to have a "lite" dinner at "Council Oaks". We had a very enjoyable meal and the servers were very attentive. We ordered things we knew we liked so we could compare the quality with other resturants we're familiar with. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CitationVIPDined on 7/5/2014One of our favorite places to dine. Service and food is always outstanding. Everyone is so attentive and always makes us feel special.Special Features:
- Bern's has finally met it's matchNamasteTampaDined on 7/4/2014The title of review says it all! I was taken to Council Oak Hard Rock Tampa as a surprise for my Birthday. I can usually find at least 1 point to complain about, but not this time! Service was spot on, food was spot on atmosphere was spot on! While the wine list is certainly not as extensive as Bern's, they did offer a electic variety of wines at a great price. My suggestions are to ask for a table close to kitchen - you see the entire 'show' that way. Also, ask for Brian, he was an amazing server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in town for dinnerMissJR727Dined on 7/4/2014Looking for a great place to enjoy dinner, this is the best spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.