Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
One Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.counciloakhollywood.com/
- Phone: 9543277501x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch- 10:00 am- 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnny Tucker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge Entertainment 7 nights a week
A word from Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood is South Florida’s premier destination for fun, entertainment and dining - Where Rock Royalty Lives. The resort’s award-winning restaurant, Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, delivers a sophisticated fine-dining experience for 100% U.S.D.A. prime dry-aged stockyard beef, fresh seafood and an award-winning wine list served in an inviting, upscale atmosphere. Council Oak has been nationally recognized by Zagat and has earned Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence consecutively since 2009.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (33)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (22)good for groups (19)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I come here on special occasions. The food never disappoints. They use the freshest ingredients and everything is put together excellently. Service is always pleasant and attentive. And if you have space , enjoy the creme brulee for dessert ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YachadDined on 9/11/2014We dine with you often but last night the food was unusually tasty. Everything was especially delicious: tomato/cheese appetizer was perfect and the lamb chops were tender and full flavored.Special Features:
- Good Food with Too Much NoiseAv8torVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is good. The noise level though is terrible. You can't have a conversation. They had a rock band playing in the bar of the restaurant. I don't understand why. Elegant dining with rock band playing next to you inside the restaurant do not go together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi tuna rockedtenisaceDined on 9/8/2014Unfortunately, the crab cakes were mealy and over cooked. Usually, the food is delectable. We were rather disappointed on my b day to have a lesser than excellent dining experience. The service is bar none the best ever. I would expect the food would rate a 10 to match the pricesSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchNYerinFTLDined on 9/7/2014The selection of food was very nice. The selection of deserts was amazing but the quality was inconsistent. All of the food was well prepared but much of it was poorly presented. For example, the salad area offered wedges of lettuce with bacon and blue cheese but because the servings were very large, customers had made a mess trying to take smaller portions. There was a very nice sounding cake but it was very difficult to slice and, again, customers had made a mess trying to take a piece. The cake should have been pre-sliced and the wedges of lettuce should have been cut into half the size. Service is better for groups. Kudos to all the staff that cleared dirty dishes, even if they weren't assigned to our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchDineout54Dined on 9/7/2014From the moment you walk in you know this is going to be a wonderful experience. The quality of the food and the choices are the best I have seen in a long time. The service was just as good. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is they only give you one alcohol drink per person. The price that they charge you should be able to get more than one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Poor OrganizationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had a 6:45 reservation. When we arrived at 6:30, the place was in panic. Several people who had reservations at 6 and 6:15 still had not been seated. We were told that they had to accommodate several "Premium" patrons. In other words, your reservation doesn't mean a thing if a "Premium" person wants your table. We were lucky as we found 2 seats at the bar. Service was wonderful and the food was exceptional. If you have a party of 3 or more, I would avoid this restaurant unless you have no commitments for the rest of the evening. If you have show tickets, eat before you get to the Hard Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniloDaniloVIPDined on 8/31/2014Open table list this place for 1000 points but I received only 100 this is the second time!!! The restaurant need to enforce dress code, I don't like to spend $ 300 for dinner for two e seat next to s flip flop shoe and shorts ! Definitely I will have a second thought about Open Table and council Oak .Special Features:
- RugglesDined on 8/31/2014For dining in a Casino environment it is certainly excellent! The front desk is maybe a little to mechanical, not exactly the welcoming host , you expect in an upscale Restaurant. The service at the table is certainly excellent. Its a great getaway, gambling, great food and you can stay over night...Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great. My husband ordered a NY Strip and loved it. Baked potato is huge and toppings were great. I ordered a group and risotto rice. Amazing! I want to go back for more. Service was also great. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSteakmanDined on 8/30/2014Food was great but service does need improvement. When bar got busy the service was slowSpecial Features:
- My evaluationNICKdineDined on 8/29/2014The food and service are outstanding. I invited friends from Europe several times to experience this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diapppointed - Birthday dinnerhatethisplaceDined on 8/23/2014Food was overpriced and average. Could of gone to another restaurant which has no smoking and better food and less expenses. Asparagus was very disappointing did not even eat 1/4 of it. Drinks ere a little skimpy. I will not go there again.
- Great Food But PriceySatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/22/2014My adult son and I celebrated my wife's birthday there recently. We had reservations but were a little late and still got seated quickly. Service, cocktails and food were great, but it was a bit pricey. Great for special occasions, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening22AnniDined on 8/22/2014Council Oak is a fantastic environment and provides the basis for an enjoyable evening out after long hours in the office. From the food to the wine and the excellent service Council Oak delivered.Special Features:
- 2HappycustomersDined on 8/21/2014The best steak we ever had. What a great experience, it was our wedding anniversary and we will returnSpecial Features:
- enjoymentHudsonDined on 8/15/2014whenever you want to kick back relax enjoy yourself with some great food wonderful environment wonderful staff and the best cheftake no second guess council oak is the best place to go and enjoy yourself with a great meal with 5 star ratings don't take it from me try it out for yourself you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It!NickMDined on 8/15/2014I thought the food was just OK, fair and rated it as such. Had escargot, tuna tartar, a salad, filet mignon, and onion rings. the escargot and tuna tarar were not bad, but the salad had too much dressing, the steaks were over cooked and the onion rings were oily. Overall, not horrible. Just not worth the money. I expected much better.
- MeshJn1621VIPDined on 8/15/2014Mediocre at best. Would not be back. No stand out dishes and nothing to rave about. We ordered the chopped salad, Caesar salad, escargot, steak and seabass. Everything was flavorless
- AwesomeTTlovesDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times, the food is delicious. The service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!bighairvickiDined on 8/8/2014We were staying at the Hard Rock Seminole, and so decided to give the Council Oak a try. I am so glad we did! I had researched the menu in advance, so by the time we actually dined there, my expectations were pretty high. The restaurant did not disappoint. From our terrific server, Percy, to a heavenly array of dishes, particularly the tuna tartare and the steaks, it was a wonderful and memorable meal. We opted for cocktails instead of wine - I highly recommend the sangria and mojito martini. It ain't a cheap night out, but it's worth it for a special experience. I will definitely book there again when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best elegant dinnerYachadDined on 8/7/2014can't decide which was better, the food or the service. Both contributed to and elegant evening with the one I love.Special Features:
- Great BirthdaygreatniteVIPDined on 8/6/2014Council Oaks never fails to amaze me. The world class food and service is incredible. It was truly a memorable birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection, but expensive.MeganV11Dined on 7/27/2014The selection included a raw bar, sushi, pastas, desserts, traditional brunch food. However, it's $65.00, and only includes one mimosa. If I'm going to pay $65.00, endless mimosas would be nice, since there is no way I can eat $65.00 worth of food. It was delicious, but I probably won't be back at that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and CasinoDinnerwithcoworkersDined on 7/24/2014The lobster Mac and cheeses was fabulous. The steak was tender and taste delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodBonbyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food was great , service was great , I went back another time and it was awesome ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat not cooked to orderCounselorDined on 7/21/2014A few weeks back my firm had an outing at the Council Oak. While on prior occasions, the food was excellent, it wasn't so much this time around. Five of the twelve steaks in our party had to be sent back because they were a full well done as opposed to most medium rare and medium orders. The service was also a bit off on this particular night. Our water glasses were refilled sporadically and the bread seemed a bit stale. But I will come back in the hopes that this was an off night for a mostly stellar steakhouse.Special Features:
- Tatiana888VIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a reservation for 9:30pm and were only seated by 10:00. The service was very slow, it took about 15 minutes just to get bread on the table. Other then that, that food was great. We had the Alaskan king crab legs and a steak and they were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SteakhouseAcudoctor1Dined on 7/13/2014We have no complaints about this restaurant. The steak was superb. Wine list is pricey, but complete. Service was great. We would go again.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/13/2014This is my second time to Council Oak. The three with me loved their meal. I made the mistake of ordering, following the server's suggestion, the Prime Rib which is not always available. It was terrible. Chewy, fatty and dried out like the Yorkshire Pudding was. Rest of the meal was very good. So my score above excludes my personal bad experience and rates based on what the other three felt about their meals when ordering filets and sea bass. Sides were nice. Service very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The OakAwesomeDined on 7/13/2014The service is outstanding. The Bloody Mary..PERFECT! Overall the food was great. The crab legs were lacking and no where as good as the rest of the raw bar. It is pricey so be prepared...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayJuniorVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent, particularly steak and Ozzies spinach salad. Will have to return soon! Service was quick and friendly and ambience of the restaurant was better than any other in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014I was expecting more from the food and the atmosphere. The lobster tail did not live up to expectation, was not sweet and lacked taste. Filet Minon was average, not carmelized on the exterior and again lacked flavor. Oyster Rockfeller and French onion soup were excellent as was the bread basket and sides. Service was Excellent! There are several other high end steak restaurants that provide a more romantic atmosphere and special occasion dinner.
- A great little hidden gemViviRomaVIPDined on 7/4/2014I love eating here. It never disappoints. Normally, I do not like to dine at hotel restaurants, if I have other choices as I do in the Miami area, because typically,the food is not great. Council Oak is quite the exception. We drive a good 25 minutes to go anywhere to have a good experience whether home or traveling. This is always very worth the drive. Whether you are a casino person or not, this is a great oasis at Hard Rock. Great Steak, Oysters, and great Wine List. This is a great destination, worth the drive and who knows you can also play a little of your luck. Great night of dining and playing all together.Special Features:
- What happened???EmKeyLargoDined on 7/1/2014A couple weeks earlier we'd had a superb dining experience here. Something changed - not for the better - in those two weeks. I had made a reservation 10 days prior to arriving. The greeters attempted to seat us for our "romantic" dinner at the booth closest to the entrance where the menus are stacked! There were only two other diners at this time. We asked for a nicer location and were given one. Previously, we'd had steak tartare and it was fantastic. We again asked for it and were HUGELY disappointed. Instead of ground, the steak was chopped and had some capers added. Tasteless. The $88 portion was 4 tablespoons. It should have been 2 x 8 oz filet mignons = 1 pound. This was half that. We felt cheated. Doubt we'll return.
- good experiencenounouVIPDined on 6/27/2014i had a very good experience. first time at this restaurant very good service, very good quality of food the aged beef was exceptional the only negative point is that we can smell the cigarette smoke from the casino after the beautiful time at the restaurant, we went to the bar to continue that nice evening but it wasn't the same. awful women bar tender. won't go back. she didn't care about us. didn't want to serve us or talk to us. standing at the bar, she told us to order to a server. had to wait for a long time for a server for ordering my drink. before leaving gave her the payment and through away on the bar to the serverSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencegreatniteVIPDined on 6/27/2014Incredible dining experience with excellent service. The food was delicious with all the courses timed perfectly. The entire evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fabulous food!debilooDined on 6/20/2014Our sever recommended some wonderful dishes and was very accommodating to our requests. Everything we ordered met or exceeds our expectations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GreatFeeneys2014Dined on 6/20/2014We had a wonderful 18 year Anniversary Dinner here at The Council Oak. The food was really fantastic. Service was top notch as well. We will go back for certain.Special Features:
- Always awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Food was great as usual. Service was great. If you are looking for great food and service to celebrate a special occasion this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.