Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Teton Village, WY 83925Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jacksonhole.com/info/ae.dining.winter.asp
- Phone: 307-739-2675
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open, Sunday - Friday 6:00 - 12:00pm CLOSED ON SATURDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Wes Hamilton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering- A variety of catering options exist throughout Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, including the Bridger Restaurant at the top of the Bridger Gondola. Our team can work with you to put together a delicious menu that, combined with the spectacular view and western atmosphere, is sure to wow your guests. We can customize menus to meet your specifications. Our Group Services team is available to make arrangements and assist with all the details necessary to make your event one to remember
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party- Our private dining room, Cornice, is available for parties up to 40 people. With beautiful views of Rendezvous Mountain, this is a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or host a private business dinner. Cornice is available for lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Daus 3077392610
- Entertainment: Couloir now has the only Chefs Table in Jackson or Teton Village. Sit where the action is, in the Kitchen. Join Chef Hamilton and his staff for an expierience like no other.
- Special Events: Couloir now has the only Chefs Table in Jackson or Teton Village. Sit where the action is, in the Kitchen. Join Chef Hamilton and his staff for an expierience like no other. Four courses with suprises $155 per person or wine paired for $275.
- Cross Street: West Village Drive
- Public Transit: The Start Bus runs from the Town of Jackson to Teton Village every half hour. Please go to startbus.com for more information.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Cody parking lot, please follow the signs to the Cody lot in Teton Village.
A word from Couloir
REFUEL, RELAX or SIMPLY REWARD Food you simply cannot miss at the top of Jacksonhole Mountain Resort. Dinner at Couloir Step off the Bridger Gondola at 9095' and walk into a contemporary and hip new place. Already recognized by Food and Wine Magazine as the place to eat in Jackson Hole (February 2008) and most recently named on the Conde Nast Hot Tables list (May 2008), guests will enjoy exceptional hospitality, delectable American cuisine with Rocky Mountain roots and warm service. Bar seating and menu available. Dinner: Sunday-Friday and Closed Saturday first seating at 6:00 pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Couloir - Best Restaurants in Teton Village ›
Couloir reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)special occasion (54)fit for foodies (48)romantic (45)notable wine list (38)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Continues to PleasePassportdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014At least twice a year, we eat at the Couloir and we have never been disappointed. Each time we have tried something different and/or tried the wine pairing and have enjoyed everything. The wine pairing is exceptional, and unique. We feel it is worth the extra amount over ordering one bottle for the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, particularly emphasizing local ingredients in a creative menu. Wonderful ambience with see forever views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amstamstDined on 9/9/2014The food and wine selections were wonderful! It was our anniversary and the view from our table was amazing!Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Couloir, celebrating our anniversary. Service was great and the food was delicious. In my Open Table reservation, I mentioned it was our anniversary and we would love a table with a view. I didn't expect anything of it, but they gave us a corner table at the window and brought champagne as soon as we sat down. Those touches made our dinner/anniversary that much more enjoyable that they read my reservation and helped us celebrate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Great place for special occasions or a different romantic evening get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary and the food and service were outstanding. The best food we have ever had!! Esp the vegetable pasta, squash soup, and desserts. We did the wine pairing and that was a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. ...The restaurant is amazing!wow321Dined on 9/5/2014I was absolutely wowed by the experience. The restaurant, the food, the service, and the atmosphere were wonderful! I will certainly tell all my friends about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceskigal56Dined on 8/31/2014We are locals who brought some VERY well traveled guests here for dinner. They loved the experience, gondola ride, view and food. So glad we chose to bring them here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th Birthday CelebrationSoutherngalDined on 8/29/2014My husband, son and our two wonderful friends (who were celebrating their 36th wedding anniversary) ate at the Couloir on Friday, August 29th, to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. The view was spectacular, the food was delicious, and the waiter staff very attentive. We had a wonderful time. This restaurant is for special occasions or if you just want a special dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sad2sayDined on 8/26/2014The view is outstanding and the food was very good. Unfortunately, our Server (fellow from Colorado) was more interested in a girl that was sitting at the Bar...or just about anything other than providing the service that we had expected from this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!MadDogDined on 8/25/2014This was our second time at Couloir - both times have been on our vacations to the Tetons. Our only wish is that we lived in Jackson Hole and could come much more often. Not only is the view at 9050 feet breathtaking, but the cuisine and ambiance are outstanding. Our waiter was excellent and Mike, the sommellier, was superb. In fact, Mike really impressed me when he commented that he recalled us from last year and then proved it by citing the exact bottle of burgundy which I had ordered. Impressive! Altogether, this was a memorable and perfect evening.Special Features:
- Julgay222Dined on 8/22/2014I gave this restaurant an excellent because it is everything other restaurants are not. The only way to get there is by taking a Gondola ride up the mountain. The location is 9000' above sea level, the view of Jackson Hole is remarkable. The food is fresh and local and beautifully prepared. The restaurant is smaller so reservations are a must. Ask for a window seat. It's expensive but a place where locals dine on special occasions. We've celebrated our wedding anniversary there 3 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view and food to match!OperaFanDined on 8/18/2014Stunning valley view from approximately 7,000 feet which is suitably matched by an excellent choice of creative and expertly prepared appetitizers and entrees. Desserts were a minor disappointment (size as well as chocolate options) but the complimentary able car ride up and down the mountain was another unique and memorable touch.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, but....nogourmet4meDined on 8/12/2014What a fantastic place to enjoy a meal!! The service was excellent! The view spectacular! The food not so great! My husband & I both ordered the prosciutto wrapped halibut. The fish was dry and the prosciutto made it too salty. We both enjoyed our starters/appetizers, I had the prawns, my husband the smoked salmon. The second course was forgettable, my soup was tasteless, my husband enjoyed the peaches in his salad, not much else. The desserts were just OK.Special Features:
- DecadentchloerzellerDined on 8/11/2014We (being myself, my best friend and my parents) went to the Couloir for dinner this past week and it was fantastic. At first, we were hesitant about the four course menu, but the waiter assured us that the platters would intrigue our tastebuds but not be overwhelming in terms of portion size. We went with his advice and each enjoyed different selections of courses. We did not find a single one that was sub-par. They were accommodating to gluten dietary restrictions and cooked our meals as ordered (the steak was a perfect medium rare). We topped the night off with three samplings of gourmet desserts, all of which were outstanding. We look forward to another amazing night overlooking the valley at the Couloir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants with a view one can find. The food, service and atmosphere are second to none. We can't wait to get back. Highly recommend AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, very spendyJulieVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you are into conspicuous consumption, this is the place. $95 fixed price menu, European portions, and, although tasty, the whole experience was not worth the cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014Couloir is just fabulous. Fabulous food and service and what a view!!!!!! You must experience this when you are in Jackson Hole!Special Features:
- Great placeGoodaltitudeDined on 8/7/2014The four course meal was delicious. My son and I had the lightly smoked bison tenderloin. We all enjoyed each course a great deal. Service was attentive and friendly. The view, of course, is fantastic. Get here early for a drink on the Deck, the very casual spot on the first floor. At least, take some time to explore the views and take some photos. I would go there for the food alone, but the view makes it even better. The gondola ride is a lot of fun too.Special Features:
- $$$$$MtnViewsDined on 8/6/2014I had been there for lunch before and it was affordable. This dinner, although wonderful, was unduly expensive. We spent $250 with NO WINE! I think their information on OpenTable should reflect this one is "over the top" expensive. This cost us more than any other restaurant in the past, even those rated as high priced by your ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Atop Jackson Holefarrellj3Dined on 8/6/2014Couloir is truly one of the finest restaurants you could find anywhere, even in a major metropolitan city. The bonus is that you're in Jackson Hole and you're dining atop the Jackson Hole Mountain with a panoramic view overlooking the entire valley. The prix fixe menu is reasonably priced for the quality of food you receive and the four courses are generous to satisfy even a very hungry appetite. The desserts are a fixed trio of bite-sized goodies that change by the week on average, and are deliciously prepared by the very talented pastry chef from Switzerland, Chef Rekli. She tops off every meal brilliantly. Couloir is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLSD5VIPDined on 8/4/2014Put this restaurant at the top of your list. Granted the mountain vistas are spectacular, but it is the service, wine, and food that steal the show. The Sommelier was a highlight. He paired exceptional wines with each course but made it even more fun educating us and letting us sample all kinds of new taste sensations. Overall, the service was special but not pretentious. Each course of food was an exciting and wonderful taste sensation and stood above the finest restaurants in New York. We will make sure and return on our next visit to Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- A good experience if u r loaded!ShultzDined on 7/30/2014The view was spectacular. We liked the food at jenny lake with Clark Meyers better. (We were there three days) We don't mind paying for a delicious meal but it seemed overpriced.Special Features:
- Romantic night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014World class experience may be the best that Wyoming has to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningrustylionDined on 7/27/2014Our best friends were here for a few weeks visiting us. Couloir was top of our list on their Anniversary celebration. It was a super fine evening. Food, as always, top drawer. But, best of all was our assigned staff...and those not directly serving us. The delivery execution and staff selection/training when layered on top of the food quality/innovation makes for one of the best evenings in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceChandlersDined on 7/23/2014Couloir is a unique dining experience. It is located at the top of a mountain with an awesome view of Teton Village below. Service was excellent and food and wine was very good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014It was amazing as always. Our guests thought it was one of the best restaurants they had been to and they have been everywhere.Special Features:
- Good food, a bit expensiveSamTheManDined on 7/20/2014Portions were small but we were totally satisfied which is the best way to enjoy food. All the entrees and appetizers had a lot of flavor which is why we were satisfied.Special Features:
- Couloir DiningFlexilouDined on 7/18/2014The food was very good and the waiters/ waitresses were very helpful. The portions were not too large but you were left feeling satisfied after the 4 courses. The views from the restaurant were amazing. The gondola ride there and back provided spectacular views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and Over-PricedNancy47Dined on 7/15/2014Couloir was at its best a strong C. I wouldnt recommend Couloir for dinner. The food was mediocre and the service was good. I had over a $500 dinner, and that included one cocktail. I enjoy upscale and fine dining and don't begrudge cost when I feel the food was special. If I go back it will be for cocktails.Special Features:
- No Better View & Food!musteatmoreDined on 7/14/2014Took my mother up the hill for dinner here. Was seated early without effort, service is top-notch and the food was over the top! While sitting at the window overlooking the entire Teton valley below, treaded to 4 course dinner with extra course fro the chef. Michael the Sommelier (who is a fellow IWG Alumni) made sure our wine was perfect for our meal. Truly one of the best meals either one of us has had. When you visit Jackson Hole, you will be sorry if you dont find a way to take in all this place and these people have to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Everything was fabulous. Delicious bison. Perfect for celebrating an engagement. Great locale for watching the beautiful evening sky.bSpecial Features:
- Okay, but not fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014We had an okay time at Couloir. Our table was toward the back of the dining area and our view was only okay. The food was okay to good, but certainly not what I'd call fine dining. It felt more like a meal you'd get at a wedding or other large catered function, only with more attitude from the servers. I know that a lot of times the prices are going to be inflated for the view and the touristy nature of places like this, so I wasn't too upset about the cost, but I won't be coming back on my next trip to Teton Village. Perhaps we would have been more impressed if we'd had a better view - we probably would have been better off enjoying the view from outside and saving the fine dining for another time/place.Special Features:
- Perfect Experience!rubydooDined on 7/9/2014Everything was perfect- food was over the top, view was stunning, service impeccable.Special Features:
- Stunning views, food slightly offJHLocalVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is my fourth time at Couloir. Views are one of a kind and absolutely stunning. Food is normally oitstanding. This meal was first time it was a bit off. Normal food is a 5 star experience. Tonight they were good but not quite up to my prior experience, or the $95 fixed price. Will still be back as I know their potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbkilliaanDined on 7/7/2014I had been meaning to get to Couloir for dinner since they opened, and when I finally did I was anything but disappointed. Everything from the ride up in the gondola to the last sip of port was absolutely top-notch. The service was impeccable, the sublime flavors of dinner were second to none and the mountain vistas made for spectacular ambience. I hope to have another special occasion as an excuse to dine there again soon. A memorable experience to say the least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014Can't ask for more. If you enjoy wine, go for the wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Jackson HoleMissrDined on 7/4/2014I was skeptical as most ski mountain-top restaurants are sub-par, but Couloir far exceeded my expectations! The spectacular views from the gondola on the ride up are enough to make this experience lovely on its own, but the menu, wine, and service make the restaurant the best there is. The entire menu was perfection-definitely go with the wine pairing, it made the experience more memorable and the sommelier was so knowledgeable and had great selections. Make a reservation now and visit this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Quest for PerfectionOctopusSqueezeDined on 7/3/2014Nothing short of perfection will satisfy the wonderful people that make up Couloir. This was our second visit to this mountain top foodie heaven. Everything was beyond my expectations, from the from the friendly gentleman who helped us at the Gondola to the super airy cheesecake at the end. We savored every bite while we watched the storm on the hills in the distance.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceJackson6VIPDined on 7/3/2014The chef prepared a fascinating set of choices. Three in our party of six chose the Bison. All three said that it was "best ever". Two chose the chef's wine selection which was excellent, served with each course. The tenderloin, halibut, and eggplant steak were also terrific. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features: