75 Arms Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cottonfood.com/
- Phone: 603-622-5488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Paige
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cotton
Cotton features the cooking of award-winning chef/author/owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire's Historic Millyard District, Cotton is known for exceptional food, friendly yet professional service, and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It's the place the New York Times calls "hip". Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named "One of the best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features sophisticated and eclectic comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of "Best Martinis in New Hampshire" six years in a row. ***Cotton does not reserve tables on or take requests for the patio. The Patio is seated first come, first serve - weather permitting. All reservations are for indoor tables only.***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cotton - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Cotton reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (75)romantic (53)good for groups (36)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (30)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Customer service drivenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Great willingness to deviate from menu to provide what we wanted. Excellent service, large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddiningoutDined on 9/27/2014we sat in a booth near the bar which I originally was not happy with but the seating turned out fine. I had the lamb steak with almond mint pesto that was fantastic. Others in my party had seafood and steak and they were all very pleased. nice variety of drinks. service was very good.Special Features:
- mamaGmamaGDined on 9/26/2014Cotton's is still one of my favorite restaurants and I enjoy coming here. Love it when the weather is good and you can sit outside(which we did this time). I have my favorite dish, which I always order, but decided to try one of the specials, a stuffed Haddock dish. It did not disappoint! Always ready to come here to eat!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodSaraDined on 9/23/2014The food was absolutely wonderful!!! The brochette is the BEST!!! We all enjoyed our meals and said that the next time we are here on business we all plan to return to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent DinerluvtoeatoutDined on 9/21/2014Our third time here this year and they never disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- always a must when in the areagreatplaceDined on 9/18/2014I visit the Manchester area one week a month and always make it point to have dinner with coworkers and friends at Cotton. Excellent food made with fresh ingredients and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food choices are good, service was knowledgeable and prompt. Food was good and as described, cooked properly. Drinks were quick and tasty and as orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchbirthdayboyDined on 9/16/2014I had a very important business lunch. The food was great the atmosphere was good and impressive for the client. The waitress did not rush us as we secured the business. All in all it was a successful lunch and I will be coming back. Thank you !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great dinner.. had the meatloaf and it was very good. nice retro feel to the place.nice martini list.will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014This was our 3rd time dining at Cotton. First two visits were GREAT. This visit was not on par with previous. The waitress was very distracted and service took way too long. We had bruschetta for app and I would not recommend. It was soggy and had too much crema on top. Salad was overdressed and wilted. We will chalk it up to an off night and try again as our other two experiences were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBobtDined on 9/8/2014Amazing! Great food, great atmosphere. Left the restaurant pleasantly surprised as we come from New York and never expected to find this quality restaurant like cotton in new hampshireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it rightDlhussierDined on 9/6/2014Cotton is one of our favorites when there is a special occasion. But don't let the special occasion comment make you think that it is stuffy and overly fancy (that's right I said fancy). It is not either of those things, it is just done right. Servers have great timing, the food is not only presented nicely, but it is delicious and there is plenty of it. It is good from Appetizer(try the goat cheese) to dessert/coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It has become our favorite place to celebrate our wedding anniversary the last 5 years, besides regular dinner stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We three ladies went to Cotton to celebrate a new job. One of us had the lamb steak and the other two had the steak Latoure (sp) Each meal was delicious. One friend who used to live in Santa Barbara, CA commented that she hasn't had such a dining experience since she left CA. We were able to relax and talk and enjoy our meals. The service was friendly and timed perfectly. I would recommend Cotton to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014hard to find and not much from the outside but very nice inside, the menu diverse, and food very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRomanticoutingDined on 9/2/2014It was a late moment decision to go here for our anniversary. Worked out GREAT, we had a great time, great environment where we could talk and have some great food at the same time. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. I would go out of my way to go here again. Made our anniversary celebration a success.Special Features:
- Great Food Great Service.hungryjackDined on 8/30/2014Had a gift certificate for Cotton and didn't know what to expect. It lives up to it's self proclaimed upscale casual dining. Has a great feel inside that lets you feel like you are the only ones there even if it's full. The outdoor seating was nice, and quiet jazz played the whole night. Great selection at the bar and is known for it's many unique martini's. Prices were not bad, anywhere from $15-$25 a plate. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and TruePipjakeDined on 8/30/2014Cotton is always a consistent experience. Never had a bad experience , this was the first time we got to eat outside, just made it that much better.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner!NOLAinNHDined on 8/30/2014Indeed, another great dinner and a great intimate setting for a birthday celebration. Food, beverages, service were great and we'll all be back again soon! Thanks for a good time!Special Features:
- A true gem. . . . . .travelbritVIPDined on 8/30/2014A gem hidden in the historic Manchester mill yard. Great welcome by owner - very, very tasty food served under the grape arbor on the patio. No view, but relaxing and romantic on a Summer's eve. Inside looked very inviting and would definitely be dining there come cooler weather. Will be visiting this restaurant again when next in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!ChecheDined on 8/29/2014The popcorn shrimp, and bruschetta are my absolute favorite appetizers at Cotton, you really can't go wrong ordering these. The food is amazing, the service is wonderful, we will always be loyal Cotton goers for those two simple reasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back to greatnesscharlieDined on 8/29/2014First I must say that the hostess was WONDERFUL, despite being busy, she was able to arrange for my preferred seating. The food was great, the brochette, to die for. Our server, Jacqui, was energetic and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDickensDined on 8/29/2014Had the meatloaf although the flavor was good I felt it was a bit dry Friend had haddock and she felt the portion was small and it to was dryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining experiencenhdinerDined on 8/29/2014The pork chop main course was prepared as requested and quite good and went well with pinot noir. The ambiance of the outdoor dining that evening was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic restaurant & great foodJaniceDined on 8/27/2014We tried "Cotton" out while traveling through Manchester for lunch. THe menu offered a nice variety of items for lunch. Service was A+, food was great, they also have a nice covered patio where you can eat outside. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Too close for comfortGrazerVIPDined on 8/23/2014They have an imaginative comfort food menu which is pretty good. I would prefer more options than mashed potatoes, though. They serve plenty of food. The wait service was attentive, friendly, and accommodating. If you go to Cotton, make sure that you are a party of three or more! The tables for two are too close together. It was hard to talk to my husband because one of the couples close to us were speaking louder than us so we got to hear their conversation instead of ours. I would go back but I would invite another couple so that we could have a more private table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!KimnDaveDined on 8/23/2014I eat out at nice restaurants quite often and I was very surprised at this quaint find! The table was beautiful , the service friendly and efficient. The meal was excellent. I am very wary about restaurants that use clarified butter and not so great food. ..even though its an "exoensive" place. Cotton was so excellent I was overjoyed. Their meats were grass fed and natural. The only kind I will eat but most places don't offer it. ordered Lamb loin which I haven't had in years and it was just delicious. Done to perfection and the sauce was scrumptious. Fingerling potatoes were just to die for. For once I didn't walk out feeling heavy and tired like I usually do from other restaurants! My hat's off to the chef. Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Delightful!ftknitterDined on 8/22/2014The food at Cotton is superb! I had the jambalaya--my kind of spicy! My friend had the "flat" steak--prepared perfectly. We each had a glass of delicious prosecco. We loved the jazzy atmosphere. Very pleasant server and service. Less expensive than we'd expected! I would recommend Cotton to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely will returnCharlesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Four for dinner on August 22nd. Waitress (Karen) was absolutely top notch - tentative but not oppressive. Martinis pre dinner were very good although my 3 martini sampler (what a lush) was a fixed selection and too sweet for my taste. I would have preferred to select 3 samples from the full list. Two people ordered steak Diane and they agreed that it was very good but would have preferred more mushrooms as suggested by the menu write-up. My lamb chop was boneless - a nice treat to not need to chew the bone in public - but overdone from the medium rare I ordered. The last guest ordered tuna steak rare and it arrived closer to medium. However all dishes, and the evening, were enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeDined on 8/20/2014I had told them that it was a special accasion and they tried to seat us in the bar area. One of the two specials for the night was out by 6:40. They did serve my wife the polenta that was on the special with another meal as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come back every yearpalu22Dined on 8/20/2014Many great entrees made it tough to pick one. The ones we ordered were delicious. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- highly recommendedRudyDined on 8/17/2014Cotton continues to be a must do restaurant in Manchester. We had a late afternoon dinner on the patio and had a great time. Food choices are excellent and we'll prepared, drinks and service quite good and the ability to be outside in the grape vine covered outdoor dining area only enhanced an already enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great!luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014I love the Cotton. We take all our interview candidates there when we are recruiting new employees. I also take both family and friends there to enjoy a great meal. I know the food is going to be excellent and the service top notch. Thank you Cotton for always being consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerDined on 8/16/2014Our first time at Cotton, since we do not live here, but this restaurant makes us wish we did! Excellent ,lay-back, no-rush, restaurant, Service was perfect with the timing of cocktails, food, dessert, etc…The food was excellent, with a decent selection other than "steaks, burgers,fish",as most other restaurants tend to have...Ambiance was very relaxing and beautifully decorated…Only one comment, smokers outside of the outdoor area, kind of ruined the air for a while, but after they left, all was perfect!!! We will visit again, if jobs allow…Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cotton just acceptableNotAllbadDined on 8/16/2014Cotton tries to be more upscale than they are. We had dinner in the bar area and was served by a nice waitress who was multi-tasking between the bar and us. The food was served by a food runner who dropped the food off and ran back to the kitchen for more important things. My turkey schnitzel was over cooked and dry. Nice place but "Lets get it together"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner2HappyBoomersDined on 8/10/2014The Meat Loaf was recommended to us from a friend. This was both the first time visit for my wife and myself. The meat loaf dinner was by far the best we ever had. We intend to visit more often now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite Manchester spotCottonDined on 8/8/20143rd time at Cotton Friday night. The food and service was spot on. My wife and I ordered salads before the main course and it would have been enough, as they were huge. The Sweet Potato Hash served with the Seared Scallops is unbelievable. Our server gave me the tip that they are great leftovers with eggs the next day, but there wasn't enough to take home. I will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Nice choice of meals. Food and drinks were excellent. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cotton reviewvgehtsDined on 8/3/2014Its in a great location near the Merrimack river. Staff was very knowledgeable about the menu. Menu had variety and the ability to keep the bill low if you need to. I did not need to. We started with a nice appetizer of Chicken with a peanut sauce, & very good dinner of tenderloin medallions. My wife had the meatloaf, which she loved. A great place for any occasion, we've decided to go back 5 times this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner in ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We were looking for a restaurant in Manchester before picking up our son arriving on a late flight from the airport. We had a nice quiet table outdoors waiting for us. Service was very good. The meal itself was okay--the scallops good, the steak not so. Portions were generous. Overall an enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.