75 Arms Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cottonfood.com/
- Phone: (603) 622-5488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Paige
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cotton
Cotton features the cooking of award-winning chef/author/owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire's Historic Millyard District, Cotton is known for exceptional food, friendly yet professional service, and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It's the place the New York Times calls "hip". Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named "One of the best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features sophisticated and eclectic comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of "Best Martinis in New Hampshire" six years in a row. ***Cotton does not reserve tables on or take requests for the patio. The Patio is seated first come, first serve - weather permitting. All reservations are for indoor tables only.***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cotton - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Cotton reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (33)hot spot (32)good for groups (32)great for lunch (28)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BasicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Second experience at Cotton was not as great as the first. The sign of a truly wonderful restaurant is being wowed each and every time you experience it. This was not the case with Cotton. The food was alright, nothing I would rave about, a good basic meal. Our waitress was excellent! She was attentive yet unobtrusive. When it has only been a day and I have to try and remember what I ate……Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracyDined on 11/18/2014Fabulous evening from start to finish! Dinner was divine, and our waiter was top-shelf and totally professional. Outstanding restaurant in every way -- we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!LadyDined on 11/16/2014The drinks were great! Great service! Nice atmosphere! The spinach salad was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasonorchardsDined on 11/15/2014Good food, slow service from bar and kitchen. Great place to go in the summer to sit outside under the grape arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedBja21Dined on 11/14/2014The seats up by the bar should not be for any party that had a reservation. We ended up sitting next to a group that crammed 4 to 8 people at a time at a table meant for 2. We have been to cotton a few times and most likely will not return. My wife and I NEVER complain but the experience that night was probably the worst dinning experience of our life. I recommended cotton to a group of friends for dinner the night before and now regret doing so.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Food was great! I would recommend the shrimp appetizer. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirgsVIPDined on 11/13/2014Lamb steak very lean and cooked just as ordered. Turkey schnitzel very tasty with "adult" applesauce a nice accompaniment. Service just right, not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealdrkwng63Dined on 11/9/2014I had the Steak Diane and it was wonderfull, cooked perfectly as usual. The desert was also very good, we shared the rasberry infused creme brulee. Thank you for gret eveneing for my Birthday dinner my wife and son took on.Special Features:
- restaurantsavvyDined on 11/8/2014My Wife and I are never disappointed when we dine here... very, very consistent each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect!JennyJenDined on 11/5/2014When my husband and I couldn't find a place for a midweek date night, Cotton was recommended by friends. It was perfect! Reservations were recommended and I could see why...every table and chair was occupied. That being said, there atmosphere was just lively enough that we could relax and have great conversation with feeling like we had to raise our voices to be heard. The service was fantastic and our server shared some of her favorites, which really helped us narrow down such a delicious and innovative menu. The crab cakes, jambalaya, butternut squash raviolis, and banana foster bread pudding hit the spot without feeling overly stuffed. The drinks were fun and perfect. At no time did we feel rushed, but rather catered to!Special Features:
- NotableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Lunch with the girls was an adventure as we were going to the Currier and Cotton had been recommended as a pre-tour great place for lunch. No intrusions to speak of as everything went smoothly and the conversation was not a screaming match but at a normal level. The wait staff was pleasant, well groomed and attractive. We had a great table and a lovely view of the "garden" so Cotton was comfortable, affordable and on my to return to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent/excellent!PeeweeDined on 11/4/2014Couldn't ask for better. Have introduced friends and family. They love it too. My family visits from NYC and they love it too. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulcasualcriticDined on 11/4/2014I have been coming here for years. Food is eclectic mix of classics and haute new England cuisine. Perfect for the business power lunch or a romantic rendezvous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love CottonTracyDined on 11/1/2014It's a small restaurant so you will usually need a reservation. The atmosphere and food are great. There's nothing not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night!dancrDined on 11/1/2014Easy to get reservations for an earlier time on a Saturday... very yummy meal, diverse menu and great service... Even had one of my favorite Chardonnay wines available by the glass which is rare...look forward to another visit soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OrionDined on 11/1/2014Convienient parking for a city location. Mill decor is warm and inviting. Service was outstanding with our server stopping by frequently but without overdoing it. Wine list was excellent with many "by the glass" selections. Food was excellent as well with moderate, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our celebration spotCandaceDined on 10/31/2014We celebrated our engagement here on October 31. The food was fabulous, the service excellent, the wine selection continues to impress. Always a difficult decision on what to have for dinner because w are spoiled for choice!Special Features:
- Great Place To GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My wife and I decided to go to Cotton for our Anniversary dinner. She had been there before but was my first time. The service was professional and friendly, the food was excellent, the dessert was wonderful. We both left there satisfied and delighted. We definitely will return for this was a great experience without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Another good mealCindyDined on 10/26/2014All four of us were happy with our meal choices (as usual). The service wasn't bad, just not quite as good as usual. The host wasn't at his station when we got there, maybe because it was busy and he was helping out elsewhere. The waiter was busy and not as attentive as he could be, but certainly not terrible. We weren't in a hurry, so it was fine. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Night with friendsDeffsDined on 10/25/2014Great food, service and atmosphere ! Easy parking . We tried several appetizers and I had the lamb steak which was excellent. No complaints from the four of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular customerCharlieDined on 10/25/2014We've been dining at Cotton for years and always have a great experience.Special Features:
- mlg60Dined on 10/25/2014Our waitress was excellent, we always have a great meal. A family favorite.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJrSunflowerDined on 10/25/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. The atmosphere, food and service were amazing. Our server was able to recommed meals for both of us as well as drinks. It was a perfect date night without the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our first dining experience at Cotton was a huge success! From the atmosphere, wait staff, food and martini sampler, very enjoyable dinner date. We were also pleasantly surprised at the reasonable bill. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerAMC1027Dined on 10/25/2014The inside was smaller than I thought it would be, the decor had a good vibe, clean and not too overdone. The beverage menus was extensive. They are had a good selection of wine. I got two martini's as I heard they were good. One was the peach Bellini & the 2nd was a Cosmo. Both were delicious. The menu is on the small side but it had a great selection. Our group ordered the goat cheese dip, it was delicious!! And also the potstickers which were great too. I got a farmhouse salad which was on the large size, and the cheese on it was tastes. For my meali ordered the fried chicken. It was amazing! Cooked perfectly and crispy. The gravy was smooth and tasteful. I would recommend. And I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, creative and freshJoeRDined on 10/24/2014That's all we want: a creative take on the things we like; fresh ingredients in an uncomplicated style. Lamb finsged with house tzatziki. Enjoyed very much. Will be back. My wife loved the martini flight. My Zin was just right.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Had clients in town and they had gone to another restaurant in downtown Manchester known for their steak the night before. They all thought that Cotton was FAR better than the other restaurant and one of them had ordered steak again!Special Features:
- Solid food, good cocktailsMJ1203Dined on 10/22/2014Had an enjoyable meal with a friendly waitress, would return again. Loved the swordfish special and the group's cocktails were all fun and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just run of the mill ~FLfolksDined on 10/19/2014No pun intended. Cotton offers an eclectic blend of consistency with comfort foods prepared with a twist. Have visited 3 times in past 2 months - each time experienced something new. Salads are always fresh, crisp and hearty. The main meals are delicious, served with sides that are exciting, and compliment the main dish. We will return ~Special Features:
- Will be back!malandkevDined on 10/18/20142nd time here and the food and drink are very good. Nice mix of comfort food and dishes with a twist! Service has been exceptional both times. Ambience is very nice and prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeRedBeardDined on 10/18/2014The food was good. Service was very good. Wait for food was a bit long but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPatsFansDined on 10/17/2014You must have a reservation to dine at Cotton on a Friday night. The place was full. The waitstaff were great. The food was good but slightly pricey. Our favorite was the calamari appetizer.Special Features:
- Would go again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was very busy as usual, so don't go without a reservation. The drinks were great. We had calamari for appetizer. It was tasty, but a bit too greasy. The breading fell right off the squid. It was nicely spiced and served hot. Two of our members had the schnitzel. It arrived cooked perfectly and piping hot. The other member in our group had the swordfish special, and he said you would never know it was swordfish. It was excellent. We managed to fit in a dessert to share, the bread pudding. A dish that satisfied the three of us. Wish that Cotton would change up its menu sometime, maybe with the seasons.Special Features:
- Nice variety something for everyoneHard2pleaseDined on 10/16/2014Good menu variety. Something for everyone in our party of 5. The chocolate cake special and vanilla almond gelato was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServuceConnieDined on 10/16/2014I do not remember the name of the server but she was very good and great attitude for older ladies who go for lunch just to get out and have some pleasant conversation. She satisfied all the needs that everyone had and was quite pleasant. Please thank her for all.Special Features:
- Not a regular yetJustalittlewineDined on 10/11/2014Love the service and staff. Smiling and friendly all the time. Never a hitch in ordering or in delivery time. Deliciously made martini and very tasteful dinner. Was slightly noisy, but perfectly acceptable. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- ToyaDined on 10/11/2014Great food, had the popcorn shrimp as an appetizer and the lamb for the main course....no regrets here!!Special Features:
- 5* food and drink, great ambiance.PeteCritiqueDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed every phase of our dining experience at Cotton. Salads were terrific, Main courses hot, tasty and copious, serene desserts all surrounded by well-created cocktails and by-the-glass wines. Everyone needs to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Dinner was good, not outstanding. Felt very rushed and had a 530 reservation.Special Features:
- Great food, relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Met two college friends for first time in over 15 years. We enjoyed amazing food in a truly leisurely, no pressure atmosphere. Our waitress came just the right amount of times and never made us feel rushed to put in our order. I bet we say sat and chatted a full hour before finally ordering. My friends enjoyed both of their meals (swordfish special, carbonara special) and I had the jambalaya, which was absolutely out of this world.Special Features: