75 Arms Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cottonfood.com/
- Phone: 603-622-5488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Paige
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cotton
Cotton features the cooking of award-winning chef/author/owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire's Historic Millyard District, Cotton is known for exceptional food, friendly yet professional service, and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It's the place the New York Times calls "hip". Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named "One of the best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features sophisticated and eclectic comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of "Best Martinis in New Hampshire" six years in a row. ***Cotton does not reserve tables on or take requests for the patio. The Patio is seated first come, first serve - weather permitting. All reservations are for indoor tables only.***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cotton - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Cotton reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (58)romantic (48)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (24)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Had clients in town and they had gone to another restaurant in downtown Manchester known for their steak the night before. They all thought that Cotton was FAR better than the other restaurant and one of them had ordered steak again!Special Features:
- Solid food, good cocktailsMJ1203Dined on 10/22/2014Had an enjoyable meal with a friendly waitress, would return again. Loved the swordfish special and the group's cocktails were all fun and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just run of the mill ~FLfolksDined on 10/19/2014No pun intended. Cotton offers an eclectic blend of consistency with comfort foods prepared with a twist. Have visited 3 times in past 2 months - each time experienced something new. Salads are always fresh, crisp and hearty. The main meals are delicious, served with sides that are exciting, and compliment the main dish. We will return ~Special Features:
- Will be back!malandkevDined on 10/18/20142nd time here and the food and drink are very good. Nice mix of comfort food and dishes with a twist! Service has been exceptional both times. Ambience is very nice and prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeRedBeardDined on 10/18/2014The food was good. Service was very good. Wait for food was a bit long but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPatsFansDined on 10/17/2014You must have a reservation to dine at Cotton on a Friday night. The place was full. The waitstaff were great. The food was good but slightly pricey. Our favorite was the calamari appetizer.Special Features:
- Would go again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was very busy as usual, so don't go without a reservation. The drinks were great. We had calamari for appetizer. It was tasty, but a bit too greasy. The breading fell right off the squid. It was nicely spiced and served hot. Two of our members had the schnitzel. It arrived cooked perfectly and piping hot. The other member in our group had the swordfish special, and he said you would never know it was swordfish. It was excellent. We managed to fit in a dessert to share, the bread pudding. A dish that satisfied the three of us. Wish that Cotton would change up its menu sometime, maybe with the seasons.Special Features:
- Nice variety something for everyoneHard2pleaseDined on 10/16/2014Good menu variety. Something for everyone in our party of 5. The chocolate cake special and vanilla almond gelato was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServuceConnieDined on 10/16/2014I do not remember the name of the server but she was very good and great attitude for older ladies who go for lunch just to get out and have some pleasant conversation. She satisfied all the needs that everyone had and was quite pleasant. Please thank her for all.Special Features:
- Not a regular yetJustalittlewineDined on 10/11/2014Love the service and staff. Smiling and friendly all the time. Never a hitch in ordering or in delivery time. Deliciously made martini and very tasteful dinner. Was slightly noisy, but perfectly acceptable. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- ToyaDined on 10/11/2014Great food, had the popcorn shrimp as an appetizer and the lamb for the main course....no regrets here!!Special Features:
- 5* food and drink, great ambiance.PeteCritiqueDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed every phase of our dining experience at Cotton. Salads were terrific, Main courses hot, tasty and copious, serene desserts all surrounded by well-created cocktails and by-the-glass wines. Everyone needs to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Dinner was good, not outstanding. Felt very rushed and had a 530 reservation.Special Features:
- Great food, relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Met two college friends for first time in over 15 years. We enjoyed amazing food in a truly leisurely, no pressure atmosphere. Our waitress came just the right amount of times and never made us feel rushed to put in our order. I bet we say sat and chatted a full hour before finally ordering. My friends enjoyed both of their meals (swordfish special, carbonara special) and I had the jambalaya, which was absolutely out of this world.Special Features:
- Good Manchester locationJoMKessVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went to Cotton on the recommendation of a local. Decent food, service and the like. It's described as being very "hip" but I didn't see that; it was pretty generic. Menu had some imagination, not overly eclectic, but not "safe" either. Portion sizes were good. Turkey schnitzel was interesting and quite a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ServiceDrekiousDined on 10/6/2014A nice place down near the river in downtown Manchester, NH. My wife and I went here for our anniversary. Service was very friendly and prompt. Food was excellent all around. Noise is moderate, but I didn't have trouble hearing my wife. All in all, a great experience. Parking was a minor issue (don't let this stop you from going!) It is to the side of the restaurant, not directly in front, or in the pay-to-park area further in front of the restaurant. It's not easy to spot and It's on a one way street. Give yourself a few extra minutes to find the parking lot and you should be fine. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceNHDinerDined on 10/4/2014Everything was just great! Service and timing of delivery of courses was superb, not too fast, not too slow. Waitress was very professional and knew the ins and outs of the menu. We go to Cotton regularly because we are always completely satisfied with all aspects of the dining experience.Special Features:
- LastminuteLastminutedinerDined on 10/2/2014Great food waitress knowledgable of menu and made great referencesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service drivenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Great willingness to deviate from menu to provide what we wanted. Excellent service, large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddiningoutDined on 9/27/2014we sat in a booth near the bar which I originally was not happy with but the seating turned out fine. I had the lamb steak with almond mint pesto that was fantastic. Others in my party had seafood and steak and they were all very pleased. nice variety of drinks. service was very good.Special Features:
- mamaGmamaGDined on 9/26/2014Cotton's is still one of my favorite restaurants and I enjoy coming here. Love it when the weather is good and you can sit outside(which we did this time). I have my favorite dish, which I always order, but decided to try one of the specials, a stuffed Haddock dish. It did not disappoint! Always ready to come here to eat!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodSaraDined on 9/23/2014The food was absolutely wonderful!!! The brochette is the BEST!!! We all enjoyed our meals and said that the next time we are here on business we all plan to return to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent DinerluvtoeatoutDined on 9/21/2014Our third time here this year and they never disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- always a must when in the areagreatplaceDined on 9/18/2014I visit the Manchester area one week a month and always make it point to have dinner with coworkers and friends at Cotton. Excellent food made with fresh ingredients and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food choices are good, service was knowledgeable and prompt. Food was good and as described, cooked properly. Drinks were quick and tasty and as orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchbirthdayboyDined on 9/16/2014I had a very important business lunch. The food was great the atmosphere was good and impressive for the client. The waitress did not rush us as we secured the business. All in all it was a successful lunch and I will be coming back. Thank you !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great dinner.. had the meatloaf and it was very good. nice retro feel to the place.nice martini list.will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014This was our 3rd time dining at Cotton. First two visits were GREAT. This visit was not on par with previous. The waitress was very distracted and service took way too long. We had bruschetta for app and I would not recommend. It was soggy and had too much crema on top. Salad was overdressed and wilted. We will chalk it up to an off night and try again as our other two experiences were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBobtDined on 9/8/2014Amazing! Great food, great atmosphere. Left the restaurant pleasantly surprised as we come from New York and never expected to find this quality restaurant like cotton in new hampshireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it rightDlhussierDined on 9/6/2014Cotton is one of our favorites when there is a special occasion. But don't let the special occasion comment make you think that it is stuffy and overly fancy (that's right I said fancy). It is not either of those things, it is just done right. Servers have great timing, the food is not only presented nicely, but it is delicious and there is plenty of it. It is good from Appetizer(try the goat cheese) to dessert/coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It has become our favorite place to celebrate our wedding anniversary the last 5 years, besides regular dinner stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We three ladies went to Cotton to celebrate a new job. One of us had the lamb steak and the other two had the steak Latoure (sp) Each meal was delicious. One friend who used to live in Santa Barbara, CA commented that she hasn't had such a dining experience since she left CA. We were able to relax and talk and enjoy our meals. The service was friendly and timed perfectly. I would recommend Cotton to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014hard to find and not much from the outside but very nice inside, the menu diverse, and food very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRomanticoutingDined on 9/2/2014It was a late moment decision to go here for our anniversary. Worked out GREAT, we had a great time, great environment where we could talk and have some great food at the same time. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. I would go out of my way to go here again. Made our anniversary celebration a success.Special Features:
- Great Food Great Service.hungryjackDined on 8/30/2014Had a gift certificate for Cotton and didn't know what to expect. It lives up to it's self proclaimed upscale casual dining. Has a great feel inside that lets you feel like you are the only ones there even if it's full. The outdoor seating was nice, and quiet jazz played the whole night. Great selection at the bar and is known for it's many unique martini's. Prices were not bad, anywhere from $15-$25 a plate. Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and TruePipjakeDined on 8/30/2014Cotton is always a consistent experience. Never had a bad experience , this was the first time we got to eat outside, just made it that much better.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner!NOLAinNHDined on 8/30/2014Indeed, another great dinner and a great intimate setting for a birthday celebration. Food, beverages, service were great and we'll all be back again soon! Thanks for a good time!Special Features:
- A true gem. . . . . .travelbritVIPDined on 8/30/2014A gem hidden in the historic Manchester mill yard. Great welcome by owner - very, very tasty food served under the grape arbor on the patio. No view, but relaxing and romantic on a Summer's eve. Inside looked very inviting and would definitely be dining there come cooler weather. Will be visiting this restaurant again when next in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!ChecheDined on 8/29/2014The popcorn shrimp, and bruschetta are my absolute favorite appetizers at Cotton, you really can't go wrong ordering these. The food is amazing, the service is wonderful, we will always be loyal Cotton goers for those two simple reasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back to greatnesscharlieDined on 8/29/2014First I must say that the hostess was WONDERFUL, despite being busy, she was able to arrange for my preferred seating. The food was great, the brochette, to die for. Our server, Jacqui, was energetic and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.