75 Arms Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cottonfood.com/
- Phone: 603-622-5488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Paige
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cotton
Cotton features the cooking of award-winning chef/author/owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire's Historic Millyard District, Cotton is known for exceptional food, friendly yet professional service, and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It's the place the New York Times calls "hip". Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named "One of the best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features sophisticated and eclectic comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of "Best Martinis in New Hampshire" six years in a row. ***Cotton does not reserve tables on or take requests for the patio. The Patio is seated first come, first serve - weather permitting. All reservations are for indoor tables only.***Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cotton - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
Cotton reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (92)special occasion (90)great for outdoor dining (79)romantic (58)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (36)hot spot (34)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (18)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- JakeDined on 8/20/2014I had told them that it was a special accasion and they tried to seat us in the bar area. One of the two specials for the night was out by 6:40. They did serve my wife the polenta that was on the special with another meal as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come back every yearpalu22Dined on 8/20/2014Many great entrees made it tough to pick one. The ones we ordered were delicious. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Cotton continues to be a must do restaurant in Manchester. We had a late afternoon dinner on the patio and had a great time. Food choices are excellent and we'll prepared, drinks and service quite good and the ability to be outside in the grape vine covered outdoor dining area only enhanced an already enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great!luv2eatDined on 8/16/2014I love the Cotton. We take all our interview candidates there when we are recruiting new employees. I also take both family and friends there to enjoy a great meal. I know the food is going to be excellent and the service top notch. Thank you Cotton for always being consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerDined on 8/16/2014Our first time at Cotton, since we do not live here, but this restaurant makes us wish we did! Excellent ,lay-back, no-rush, restaurant, Service was perfect with the timing of cocktails, food, dessert, etc…The food was excellent, with a decent selection other than "steaks, burgers,fish",as most other restaurants tend to have...Ambiance was very relaxing and beautifully decorated…Only one comment, smokers outside of the outdoor area, kind of ruined the air for a while, but after they left, all was perfect!!! We will visit again, if jobs allow…Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cotton just acceptableNotAllbadDined on 8/16/2014Cotton tries to be more upscale than they are. We had dinner in the bar area and was served by a nice waitress who was multi-tasking between the bar and us. The food was served by a food runner who dropped the food off and ran back to the kitchen for more important things. My turkey schnitzel was over cooked and dry. Nice place but "Lets get it together"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner2HappyBoomersDined on 8/10/2014The Meat Loaf was recommended to us from a friend. This was both the first time visit for my wife and myself. The meat loaf dinner was by far the best we ever had. We intend to visit more often now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite Manchester spotCottonDined on 8/8/20143rd time at Cotton Friday night. The food and service was spot on. My wife and I ordered salads before the main course and it would have been enough, as they were huge. The Sweet Potato Hash served with the Seared Scallops is unbelievable. Our server gave me the tip that they are great leftovers with eggs the next day, but there wasn't enough to take home. I will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Nice choice of meals. Food and drinks were excellent. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cotton reviewvgehtsDined on 8/3/2014Its in a great location near the Merrimack river. Staff was very knowledgeable about the menu. Menu had variety and the ability to keep the bill low if you need to. I did not need to. We started with a nice appetizer of Chicken with a peanut sauce, & very good dinner of tenderloin medallions. My wife had the meatloaf, which she loved. A great place for any occasion, we've decided to go back 5 times this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner in ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We were looking for a restaurant in Manchester before picking up our son arriving on a late flight from the airport. We had a nice quiet table outdoors waiting for us. Service was very good. The meal itself was okay--the scallops good, the steak not so. Portions were generous. Overall an enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysVB4GOODFOODDined on 8/2/2014Never a miss at Cotton, consistently the best food including the sides, the gazpacho was incredible.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerhate2cookDined on 7/31/2014Cotton's was an upscale setting for an intimate dinner on our Anniversary. The staff is friendly and service oriented. The food was delicious and the servings were generous. Upon arrival, they brought us two glasses of champagne to celebrate. We had the Steak Diane and the Jumbalya. Try the creme brulee for dessert, you will love it! We had a wonderful time and as we left, it was raining and we looked up to see a beautiful rainbow in the sky. One of the best restaurants in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointinghomeisbestVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have dined here on an anniversary for most of the last 22 years and for the first time had a disappointing experience. It was a delightful night to eat outside and Jacqui was a fine waitress. We said the calamari was one of the best we ever had. Then we waited and realized others were waiting too. 40 minutes after arriving my wife was told there were no more mashed potatoes and they were not making more. Her fried chicken was good but she was craving mashed potatoes. I ordered a New Orleans stye jambalaya. This was a large bowl of rice with an overabundance of shrimp, ham, and sausage with a red sauce on top. It was very dry and tasteless other than the spiciness of the meats. We will return year with fingers crossed.
- Luvtoeatout!SkippyDined on 7/29/2014Been to Cotton many times and love the food and wait staff, especially Scooter!Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2014Other than being seatedin the bar area, there was nothing to complain about at Cotton. Jacqui are server was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. Prices are reasonable and portions were plentiful. Bar area is noisy, and we had to listen to obnoxius conversation from diners behind us. All went smoothly from being seated to served. Many selections to choose from, but I don't think you can go wrong with food. All was prepared and presented in an excellent fashion. They were out of the lamb when we arrived at 7:30pm, but Turkey Schnitzel, roasted chicken (huge portion), and flat iron steak were great. I would certainly recommed when vsiting Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingSDBNHDined on 7/26/2014Cotton is one of our favorite restaurants and with good reason - it is consistently excellent. And, as calamari lovers, we have sampled preparations/techniques across the country and no one does it better! We love Cotton!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and Great ServicetravelerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our first time at Cotton and we were very pleased with the menu, the quality and portion of food, and especially the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014The meatloaf with all you can eat mashed potatoes was excellent! Had heard about this restaurant but never had the opportunity to drive up from Mass. to Manchester. Definitely worth the drive. There's something for everybody on the menu. Haddock special was tasty, good size portions. The have blue cheese stuffed olives for martini's. Restaurant wasn't overly crowded due to outdoor dining. Feel it could get incredibly loud should every table be occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soAli48Dined on 7/19/2014Dissapointed in Cotton. Service was not great, waitress was rushed and didn't make suggestions about food, drink choices. I asked to be seated in a quiet spot when I made reservation, was seated in bar. Very noisy. Lamb was ordered medium rare, was raw inside. Waitress was too busy to help us as she told us- " I have other people I have to serve, just now." Hostess took plate back- offered to recook entree. Should have brought a brand new one. Didn't offer to bring a free dessert- but did take it off bill. Very dissapointing overall.
- Date nightdatenightdameDined on 7/19/2014We have been dining at Cotton for a number of years, it is out "go to" place for comfort food with a twist. The cocktails are fabulous and the menu, while predictable, does offer nightly specials. We often start date night here!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2 on a Friday nightSweettoothDined on 7/18/2014We had a date night which is a rare experience for us older married couple....the food was absolutely delicious starting with the complimentary bread, the special arugula and beet salad, and then for the main courses having a steak special and the scallop and Lobster Ravioli. Our beverages were described and brought promptly. The finale was dessert that we shared - the Raspberry Creme Brulee - of which I must say it rivaled my favorite of a local Nashua restaurant! But I must say our Waitress was a delight, checking in on us at the right moments, giving extra time for decisions, and having a pleasant demeanor...Thank you to Cotton!Special Features:
- Not what we expectedDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014This is not as upscale as expected, my boyfriend called it a basement bar. Free parking.Special Features:
- gr8foodVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had a DEELISH lunch here. Cocktails were fabulous and food was scrumptious (saved 1/2 of my crab cake burger for my husband and he scarfed it up proclaiming how great it was). We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyPjguihanDined on 7/14/2014First time here, since we had heard from many people to give it a try. We ate on the cute patio and the service was very nice! Steak Diane sauce was a little on the salty side, but otherwise we were very happy! Cocktails were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerCharlieDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have dined there many times and we have never been let down. We always make reservations and are usually seated very quickly. Food is always consistently great.Special Features:
- Front DeskOfortwoDined on 7/12/2014Rarely do I think about the effect the front desk staff has on my enjoyment of a restaurant or dining experience. Almost always you are greeted with enthusiasm and friendless. Last night at Cotton this was not the case. The manager was arrogant, inflexible, confrontational and just rude. Although the wait staff tried to make up for her behavior she ruined the entire experience. I couldn't believe how we were treated. I called the Hanover Street Chop House from our table and made a reservation. Paid for our cocktails and left. We will not be back. A special thanks to Tony and his staff at the Chop House!
- I highly recommend the scallops!CaroDined on 7/12/2014Portion sizes were very large so next time we would not order an appetizer, but the app we did order was great (goat cheese). The scallops with sweet potato hash were amazing and my husband loved the meatloaf (his fav). I'm glad we chose to sit outside as inside the seating is very tight - you feel like you are sharing your meal with your neighbors on either side - under the grapevines outside was good enough on a hot summer night, and very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Went for anniversery dinner. Quiet table for conversation. Waitperson has attentive, not intrusive, and quick! We do not dine out frequently, but her favorite place is Cotton. Keep those Lemon Drop martinis coming.Special Features:
- Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My mother and I were headed to the Verizon for a show and wanted a nice dinner first. The staff was aware of our time constraints and made every effort to make sure our food was out in a timely manner. The staff was friendly and attentive. The meal and drinks were delicious. As long as you communicate your situation with them, they will work with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find !SteveVIPDined on 7/11/2014I found this since we were attending a concert near by. The restaurant was in the back of the building, and not easy to find. The food was great, and service was great. However, when we arrive 10 minutes late after waiting for parking for free in their lot. We were quickly reminded that we were 10 minutes late per the Owner. Yes the owner, not the staff. This definitely started our eating experience on the wrong foot. She stated we could have park in the lot and paid. Yeah come to find out compared to Boston it was nothing, however haven paid up to $35 in Boston I wanted to wait to pay nothing in their lot.
- Average food - above average $.DoncDined on 7/11/2014I had read about Cotton regularly and expected an upscale atmosphere with a Southern Flair. The restaurant was neatly tucked away in one of the many refurbished mills in Manchester. Upon first blush, the atmosphere was trendy and casual. We were seated immediately at a table for 2 in the middle of a long bench of tables for 2. This arrangement meant for considerable noise. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive throughout. For an appetizer we both ordered the homemade gazpacho which was excellent. For my main course, I ordered the jambalaya which was just ok. My wife ordered the scallops with sweet potato hash. She commented that she had had better scallops. All in all, not a memorable experience.
- BobH1350Dined on 6/28/2014Cotton repeatedly delivers excellent food and service at a good price. We dine at Cotton frequently and find the food and service consistent from one visit to the next. They have creative specials, excellent sea food, and a lamb dish that melts in your mouth. We have always been happy with this restaurant from our first visit on.Special Features:
- Neat place!Eatdrink2BmerryDined on 6/28/2014Up to the area from Central Mass. Saw great reviews on-line and decided to try the place. My husband and I consider ourselves foodies, and love to find the best an area has to offer when we travel. Cotton lived up to it's reputation. Sat out on the vine shaded patio enjoying our food, drinks, and the company around us ( a young couple got engaged at the next table over-sweet!). Got there early and watched the place quickly fill up. Manchester is a vibrant town and Cotton adds to the "hip" feel. Hope to visit again!Special Features:
- Great Servicesviverit0525Dined on 6/27/2014We decided to get our table early and they ere very accommodating. The food, service and atmosphere are all very good.Special Features:
- Dinner at CottonbeeferDined on 6/27/2014We frequent this restaurant and the food was very good per usual. While the restaurant was busy, it was not packed so I found the service on the slow side. I am not sure if it was the wait staff or the kitchen. That would be my only complaint for this particular dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezeDined on 6/27/2014I find Cotton's to be the best restaurant in Manchester for atmosphere, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamaGDined on 6/26/2014One of my favorite places to eat!! Always good food and great atmosphere. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Just what I wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014The reviews I found online before driving to the area for an appointment led me to Cotton. The service and ambiance was great. The prices were just as I had hoped. The food was excellent and very fresh tasting and looking.Special Features:
- Back on trackcharlieDined on 6/23/2014lunch (burgers) were very good, house made pickles a great touch, topping sautéed perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.