Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant
51 Bank Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cottowinebar.com/
- Phone: (203) 914-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Menu: 10:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cotto Wine Bar And Restaurant can cater to any type of event. Our private party menus can be found on Cotto's website.
- Entertainment: Cotto Wine Bar And Restaurant will host a variety of events such as Wine dinners, cooking classes, Porchettas, and Beer dinners.
A word from Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant
COTTO which in Italian means "Cooked" is the Ultimate Italian Food Experience! Located in Stamford CT, Cotto recreates the flavor, design and easygoing lifestyle of Italy through boldly flavored italian entrees small dishes, pizza and wine bar. A wide list of world wine will seduce your palate and complete some of the most amazing dishes never brought before in the US.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (16)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)special occasion (10)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Warm and cozy with good food/wineTerrificVIPDined on 11/10/2014Just the right spot for a great glass of wine, Italian tapas, thin crust pizza or full dinner. The owner is attentive, the lighting and atmosphere are inviting, and it delivers on the food and service.Special Features:
- Cotto Wine Barwmr614Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is truly a gem. Located on Stamford's Bank St, although generally an understated street, Cottos red awning stands out calling all to enter. When you enter the restaurant you are transported to a NYC type of establishment, cozy and buzzing with energy. The service was excellent and the bartender suggested a crowd pleasing bottle of wine to complement our amazing dinner. Be sure to check out the Gnocchi Alla Genovese! Also, nice vegetarian options that weren't just pasta and sauce.Special Features:
- Lives up to reviewsRoxyfrankieDined on 11/7/2014Needed to find a place to eat in Stamford this weekend. Read the reviews and figured we would give it a shot. So glad we did! Feels special from the minute you walk in. Friendly staff, warm and inviting space, great menu, solid wine list. Food was excellent. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- More Stamford ArroganceStaleNinjasDined on 11/7/2014I was disappointed overall by my experience at Cotto and I never plan on going back. Truthfully and simply: all aspects of the dining experience were a let down. First, we were seated at a noisey, traffic-heavy table at the back of the restaurant, and we were forced to remain there despite asking for re-placement to the front of the restaurant. The "reserved" tables at the front were never occupied the entire time I was there. Second, the food was subpar. I could get the same calibar of food at a less hip place, and frankly the creme brûlée was the worst I've had. Third, our waiter was horrible. He was insincere and couldn't get us out of the restaurant faster. Cotto, stop loving yourself so much and start appreciating your customers.Special Features:
- decentmb37Dined on 11/7/2014Service was very good and place is trendy but comfortable. The food was good but not impressive enough to have me running back.Special Features:
- It's Italy in Stamford!ItaliphileDined on 10/18/2014I felt like I was back in Italy. Great staff and great food. Went there for our anniversary and had a great time.Special Features:
- Love their CalamariFoodieFromSoTXDined on 10/8/2014The pizzas and calamari are fantastic! The lame appetizers were very tender and tasty. The clams with spaghetti was disappointing- the flavor was bland and the clams were tiny! Service was fair. The appetizers & chianti were the best part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backJimRVIPDined on 10/5/2014Because we get very good food (pasta's in particular) at a reasonable price with good service. Great little place. Also nice to sit outside during the warmer months.Special Features:
- Very authenticeatermomVIPDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant uses wonderful quality ingredients. Many small dish choices which can be a meal in themselves. Reasonable wine list with many good choices. The chef produces very authentic Roman dishes, such as Spaghetti Carbonara and Bucatini a la Amatriciana. Sadly, two of my favorite dishes are not on the menu any longer - the Ricotta with Marcona almonds and Chicken Milanese. We look forward each time to our meals here.Special Features:
- Nice first visitPatriciaDined on 9/20/2014It was a busy Saturday night at the restaurant and definitely had a good energy. We had the mozzarella and prosciutto to start with and it was delicious. Enough to share. He had the bolognese and I had a pasta special - linguine with lobster, crab and cherry tomatoes. Both dishes were wonderful. Wine by the glass was a great option for us and many nice wines to choose from. While we decided to pass on desserts, they looked amazing. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Always good food and atmosphere. We like to go with a bunch of friends and order lots of tapas and maybe 1 or 2 entres. One of Stamford's best little places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater Supper VenueBruzerVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time at Cotto. Good wines by the glass, good selection of small bites and pasta entrees. Nice casual decor, good buzz but overly crowded or noisy. Very attentive staff. Food is tasty and good quality. We ate there early for pre-theater (walking distance to Palace Theater) and will give it a try for a later dinner.Special Features:
- Great week day Happy HourArun118tVIPDined on 9/10/2014GREAT FOOD, SIT AT THE BAR BETWEEN 5 AND 7PM AND YOU GET A CHOICE OF A FEW WINES FOR HAPPY HOUR. AND THE QUALITY OF WINES WERE GOOD. NEED TO DO IT AGAIN SOON. NICE SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzetteVIPDined on 9/10/2014Nice place but service could use some work. Fun outdoor setting. Food good as is the selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014I have been to this restaurant 5 times.. its our 'go-to' place for Italian when we want to sit down and really enjoy a meal. The wine list is amazing, the bottle we wanted was not available however the sommelier gave us a suggestion that was just amazing. We have never been disappointed with Cotto.Special Features:
- Really Authentic Roman FoodeatermomVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food - pastas as good as you'd find in Rome. Generally the service is attentive and cordial. Wonderful ingredients, good quality.Special Features:
- Cotto Wine BarKatherineB88Dined on 9/2/2014Attentive wait staff and amazing wine list! The summer salad is very good.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteCarolDVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here 4 times in the last 3 months based on a recommendation of a friend... We are so glad we tried it. The food is excellent and the pricing is fair. The ingredients used are of high quality. The portions are substantial too! The service is pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodbonemanDined on 8/28/2014This is our second time here for dinner. It is good to meet visiting friends who are staying in Stamford on business. We started with tapas Italian style of tuna tartare and eggplant caponata. The tuna in particularly was outstanding. A cerviche style served with diced mangos. Mains were salmon roulades with asparagus and cauliflower, seafood stew with puff pastry called Mere Cotto and penne amatriciana. All of which were nicely executed and tasty. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- VikaVikaDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I are going to Cotto time to time and we really love it!!! This is one of our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodmediocrefoodDined on 8/21/2014Went for restaurant week. Restaurant week menu options were disappointing. Food was very mediocre. But service was very good. Everyone was very attentive. Don't plan on going back.
- Seriously Great Servicejhs51Dined on 8/20/2014Had a superb dinner on the outside chesterfield, which was delivered with great attentiveness. Very good wine list, mostly Old World (which I am less familiar with) - but the server offered great guidance. Definitely worth a visit - and you will likely find yourself returning time and again.Special Features:
- Freshness of Italy Close to HomeAlwaysontheroadVIPDined on 8/18/2014With so many great things on menu, it's no wonder this is a Italian Tapas restaurant. The Tapas allow you to taste many things and explore your inner foodie. The charcuterie and cheese is amazing with the Porchetta and Pecorina taking top awards. Add to that, amazing salads, pasta, meat and dessert dishes and you have 5 stars. It won't take long before there is a month long waiting list for reservations - maybe people will auction reservations on eBay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJohnnyCDined on 8/9/2014Went there for dinner in the evening...great ambience, romantic, great music and style, excellent food, wine, and service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- The food never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014This was my fourth visit to Cotto. The food, as always, was excellent and the service attentive without being in-your-face. We ate outside and it would have been completely lovely had not there been two cigar smokers at the lounge end of the patio. Even so, that will not prevent me from coming again.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Cotto Wine Bar Restaurant reviews archive.
- realdealVIPDined on 7/24/2014It was a busy night when we went to this restaurant. We had a large group of people dining with us. The staff did a great job keeping up with our orders. They had a large food selection, and everyone was able to find something they liked. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!NikaDined on 7/20/2014After reading reviews on Yelp, my husband and I dined for our "date night". Service was attentive and food was delicious. It would have been nice to be asked when seated if we had dined there before, because we did have menu questions as "first timers". Its easier when a server can offer guidance in navigating a new cuisine and with the expansive menus if various tapas and entrees, that is invaluable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I felt like I was dining in little Italy. Excellent food. Good service and great location. To note, lamb sliders and the house made pasta are heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Food was fantastic. Loved loved loved the lamb sliders. Pulled tender lamb meat sandwiched between two perfectly crisp yet creamy polenta cakes= heaven. Loved the burrata cheese from the mozzarella bar and creme brûlée as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cotto Is A Great AdditionStrategiesVIPDined on 7/19/2014Cotto offers very good authentic Italian food in a good atmosphere with good service. The prices are fair.Special Features:
- garyzgaryzDined on 7/19/2014Cotto has been one of our favorites since it opened. Always delightful food and the specials are always absolutely wonderful. The beef steak tomato stuffed with risotto was really a great idea. Large enough for 2 to share as an app. The grilled octopus delicious. When you dine here be a bit adventurous as it will always be worth the daring. And the staff are really very well trained and well versed in the menu offerings...Special Features:
- Fair PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Pizza was good and the frozen espresso shots for dessert were great. Everything else was okay, nothing special. Bread was dry, wine wasn't chilled (and this is a "wine bar"). Also, when serving the wine, the waitress didn't offer to have anyone taste it first. I probably wouldn't go back since there are much better places in the area, but if you are going to go, just stick with the pizza.
- Worth to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The restaurant has a friendly atmoshere, with good service, and also the food & wine list is great. Will definitly come againSpecial Features:
- New Meaning for "Hot" SpotFloeyVIPDined on 7/13/2014The food here is very good and usually so is the service, but on this particular night it was sorely lacking! It was a Sunday so maybe they were short staffed - don't get me wrong, I usually LOVE this place, but it was so hot inside that the slow service seemed even more uncomfortable. Slow service is only part of it though - it was sporadic. Meals came out staggered and one was forgotten. One person got a drink order in but the waiter walked away without asking the other six people at the table. Maybe it was because we had two children with us, but I hope that was not the reason. Everyone has a bad night occasionally, but please turn up the air conditioning and pick up the pace and get back to your usual stellar performance.Special Features:
- worth going backlisten2meDined on 7/5/2014As there are a million restaurants and I like trying new ones I will be back to this one. While it was quiet on July 5th the food wine and service were all good. We sat outside, enjoyed our food and wine. To me there are basically 2 reviews not good enough to go back and worth going back and/or worth the price. This one is worth going back.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Have been here a couple of times now and always enjoy! The olive bread they serve should be baked and sold! The veal meatballs are probably the best I have ever had and the sauce, simply delish. Too full for desert so ordered the Tiramisu to go- YUM! Great food, service and a gem in downtown Stamford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsLizknitsDined on 6/4/2014We've eaten here 3 times - once alone, twice with friends. The food is always good - some items are outstanding. The Tuna Tartare is different and terrific. The chocolate lava cake is better than most. Very amenable to diet restrictions. The manager is excellent. When I mentioned that I prefer my drinking water at room temperature he made sure that someone tended to it throughout the meal. Servers are friendly, well-informed and willing to offer their opinions about both wine and food. Happy to return! Just a warning for older customers - like all places these days, it can get loud, making conversation difficult; and the menu is printed on a darker background and can be tough for older eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerbonemanDined on 5/19/2014We booked dinner for three on a Monday night. As one might expect, getting a table was quite easy and most restaurants in the area were far from capacity. They are noted for their wine selection, bottle and by the glass, and this was correct. The two glasses of Babaresco I had were quite nice. We split some fried eggplant and zucchini which was so so. My mate had a pizza while my partner had the lobster ravioli and I had the paparadelle with boar. Mains were quite good. Service was attentive and helpful. This place is worth trying, I'd recommend it to friends and if in the area, will eat there again.Special Features:
- Scandalous ScallopsJG50VIPDined on 5/17/2014With a price tag of $34 for scallops I was turned off to the prices at this wine bar/restaurant. I have seldom if ever seen prices like that for scallops and surely not at a restaurant I'd rate as good and no higher. Pleasant enough place but not worth the price. Perhaps Open Table should add VALUE to the star rating.Special Features:
- Wonderful!saramlDined on 5/3/2014I was looking for a restaurant close to the Stamford nightlife and searched on Google Maps. Had never heard of Cotto and made reservations without hearing anything about it. Loved it! The service was great, my friends and I all marveled at how cute the inside of the restaurant was! The food selection was amazing, I couldn't choose between three dishes! Ended up loving what I ordered. We will definitely be back!Special Features: