Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria
6011 Hastings Street
Burnaby, BC V5B1R8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cotto.ca/
- Phone: 6042998002
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Tung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cotto Enoteca provides distinctive catering at off-site locations. For more information about our catering services, please contact Chef Alex Tung at email@example.com to discuss your next function.
- Private Party Facilities: Opening soon will be Cotto Upstairs, our private function room above the Cotto Enoteca restaurant space. This space will be ideal for functions up to 80 people. From plated dinner to cocktail style parties, our private dining room will make an ideal venue.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Tung 6042998002
- Cross Street: Kensington
- Public Transit: Public transit stops approximately one block away from the restaurant. See translink.ca for routing details.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking at Cotto Enoteca is plentiful. We have a small lot at the entrance of the restaurant as well as a large lot adjacent to the building. There is also considerable street parking surrounding the perimeter of the building.
A word from Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria
Cotto Enoteca showcases modern Italian cuisine, specializing in authentic VPN certified Neapolitan pizza and comforting house made pastas. The menu is steeped in Italian tradition, though updated with west coast sensibility and is presented in an approachable and informal setting. Chef Alex Tung"s "simple, yet elegant" cuisine features the natural beauty of local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients in an appropriate and sumptuous manner. Showcasing the best ingredients of British Columbia and the traditional techniques of Italy is the overwhelming inspiration behind Cotto Enoteca. The wine program features a considerable "by the glass" offering including an eclectic list of specialty wines focused solely on BC and Italian wineries. The cocktail list spotlights our interpretations of classic Italian inspired libations, while the beer menu includes a few classic Italian selections along with an exciting and highly specific craft beer offering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Burnaby ›
Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Italian!urbandinerDined on 8/12/2014Excellent italian food. Although limited menu, mainly pizzas and pastas for entrees all are very delicious. The appetizers great also. We had the calamari ( best in town, very lightly battered) and burrata platter . Well appointed space, inviting yet classy. A definite must try and lucky for those in the neighbourhood to have such a great restaurant close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari AppyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Stay away from the calamari appy - sits on a layer of grease at the bottom of the food. Service kinda slow Was exceptionally noisy when we went there this time, coz of a screaming kid, whose parents don't even make any attempt to pacify the brat!
- Food & Service GreatdeBareVIPDined on 8/1/2014We love coming to Cotto Enoteca for any reason - last night it happened to be a birthday - but it's often just because ... Our waitress was funny and friendly which was just a bonus for the great food and wine we enjoyed. One of the really extra special features of the restaurant is the ability to sample several white or red wines before settling on the bottles of choice. It's very smart because it allows consumers like us to try a variety of bottles before usually setting on the most expensive (always the best one of course). Our family highly recommend Cotto!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Loved the food, outstanding!! Very fresh!! Would definitely go there again, seats were a bit hard and not very comfortable, would want the soft banquet seat next time but definitely a winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 7/7/2014They did a great job with our food and service this time. :)Special Features:
- Too noisy!1ChowDownDined on 7/5/2014Very enjoyable food. Lovely server but......this place is absolutely TOO NOISY! I've written this before on my reviews about Cotto--obviously the owner doesn't care. The furnishings don't absorb sound and the volume of the music is too high so it's all but impossible to have a conversation. Much as we like the restaurant, I think we're throwing in the towel: we won't be back.Special Features:
- Great food and kid friendlyAlyRVIPDined on 6/3/2014Pizza and pasta were authentic italian and great quality.Special Features:
- Pizza with some Class.Mww87Dined on 6/3/2014Great atmosphere, simple menu with good variety of pasta dishes and of course Authentic Italian pizza. Good selection of local beers and low to highend wines. Best Pizza in Vancouver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal so farDCS2014Dined on 6/2/2014Cotto is our go-to date dine-out spot and this dinner did not disappoint. We had a pizza, a pasta, a salad, and a delightful burrata starter. My only wish is that I had done the dinner more justice. It worked almost as well as leftovers for lunch the next day. What a fabulous dinner spot--I almost don't want to review it--I want to keep it to myself! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Lack of service and cold foodAnitaVIPDined on 5/28/2014The bartender was our server, but we weren't seated at the bar. Although he was nice, he was busy making drinking for everyone in the restaurant so our service was limited. We had to request for more drink each time. It was a rainy day but the patio was open. It's nice for those who want to be out there; BUT not everyone does. The servers left the patio door open for serving conveniences, but it was freezing inside the restaurant. We ordered a pasta and pizza. Both were cold and crusted from just sitting on the service counter. The pasta was bland. I can say for certain that I will not be bad and I would not suggest this restaurant to anyone. You can find better pizza and pasta elsewhere.
- Cotto Enoteca - BurnabyeveryonesacriticDined on 5/26/2014We had lunch at Cotto for our anniversary and they offered us a free entree, in honour of the occasion! :) Great staff, great food. Definitely make a reservation though, because it does get quite busy. Sometimes a bit of a wait, but definitely worth it. We'll be going again soon, I'm sure.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Great food!!vancouverdivineDined on 5/8/2014It is often hard to find a restaurant that has tasty food and is kid-friendly. This place is in a great location, kid-friendly, amazing food and it has a patio. Definetly a place I will be enjoying often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza!Celiac007Dined on 5/6/2014Great gluten-free pizza. Wine list was good for a pizza place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFionaDined on 5/2/2014We had pizza, pasta and desserts which were all amazing. Very tasty! Love that their pizzas are woodfired. The service was fantastic. Love the decor and comfortable seating. Only concern was their wine is a little pricey. We have found a new favourite :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperiencePelicanDined on 4/19/2014Friendly welcome and quick sitting. We booked ahead on line but was surprised that we were not given a better spot. Our table was right in front of the garden door and there was a constant cold air coming in when patrons walk in and out the door. We did like the pizza but not impressed with the pasta. We had better pasta elsewhere. Overall, we find the prices a bit high for a not-so-high end place and the services was so so. We were told that the waitress serving the patio groups was also serving us. We thought, with such a large group in the patio, someone else should be assigned to serve other guests. I would rate the place a 6 overall.Special Features:
- Bad serviceFoodieVIPDined on 4/13/2014I would not recommend this restaurant due to the service level displayed by their management team. I had booked reservations through OpenTable and once I arrived they had a notice on the front door stating "private party not open to public" I had driven all the way from West Vancouver so called them and asked for the manager, instead of trying to accommodate me or even apologizing for the inconvenience the manager started accusing me of not booking correctly. She was completely rude and needs training on customer service! There are tons of other restaurants around that I would rather spend my $$ at.
- Good pizzaSmwlDined on 4/6/2014Love the thin crust and plenty of toppings. Service is good. Good idea to share items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, but good food and serviceSIKEDined on 4/5/2014We went for a romantic dinner. The food and service were fantastic, but it was definitely NOT romantic. The music was so loud it was impossible to have a normal conversation or to hear the waitress. I expect having to shout across the table at my companions if I am in a noisy bar, but not at a restaurant. Despite that, the food and service were so good we will probably go back when the weather is warmer ---- maybe the patio won't be as noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and priceyNicknameDined on 4/5/2014Won't be going back here. Dinner cost what it would have cost at the Pear Tree, and the latter is a thousand times better. The ambience is awful--the place is really noisy. The food is okay, but nothing memorable, and there's little in the way of vegetarian choices. The waiter didn't bring bread until we were almost finished--he'd explained when we asked for some earlier that it was still baking. It was a Friday night around 6:30. That sounds lame. (The waiter was pleasant enough, though.) This site needs an option on the "Noise Level" of TOO LOUD. I checked "energetic", but that's not a good description.
- The meal was great: tasty1ChowDownDined on 3/29/2014The meal was great: tasty and plentiful. Found the tables a bit on the small side even for just two people and RIDICULOUSLY small for four. Also, the tables were a bit too close together---even just one less table in the restaurant would be more comfortable. The noise is a bit high because all the furnishings, walls, floors, etc. are hard--sound bounces off. Don't be put off by all this though: it is a GREAT little place. This was our 3rd time there and we'll be back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid restaurantJukyDined on 3/24/2014This was the second time my family visited Cotto Enoteca and we still loved it as much as the first. Their pizzas are on special on Mondays (pasta on Tuesdays) and they are very good. The crust is very thin and the toppings are fairly generous. The only criticism we have about their food is that there pizzas are quite salty. Their pastas are very good too. Don't be scared by their large plate prices as a large plate is more than enough for 2 people. I drive from South Burnaby to North Burnaby just to eat here, so it really is worth it.Special Features:
- Really great nightrstefanDined on 3/17/2014I am happy that I bought a groupon to this place, the food was great and it is so close. A real good local joint and I will definitely be going here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, depends on what you orderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The mushroom pizza was great but the risotto was hard and undercooked. The waitress was friendly but didn't quite listen well to our drink orders. She would take the order then would come back because she forgot what my friend ordered. I would go back someday but only for the pizza.Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Went to cotton for a 9:00 reservation for a bit and some drinks and it did not disappoint. Drinks were great although a tad pricy but the good quickly made up for it. Pizza cooked perfectly and the berry salad was superb. Will happily returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute wonderful evening.hoggDined on 2/14/2014An absolute wonderful evening. Very good food, Professional staff . A definite return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaTroyziDined on 2/6/2014The pizza is from a wood fired oven, which is magnifico!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointinglovetoeatDined on 1/24/2014The pizza we had (Caponata) was disappointing because somewhat tasteless. The gnocchi was pretty good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- ServiceEmeryDined on 1/23/2014The staff are fantastic! The manager is on top of everything. You won't be disappointed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza heaven!JackiePDined on 1/17/2014My husband and I took our guests to Cotto for pizza. We all loved it. We shared 4 pizzas amongst us. Only a few slices remained! Excellent thin crust and the wood fire taste is wonderful. Will definitely bring back guests again! The housemade donuts for dessert were delicious! Great way to top off the meal. All for good value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMaggieBDined on 1/4/2014but our table was close to the door and bar so was pretty cold and noisy. I had to wear a sweater during dinner. The good was good and the presentation was good as well. I would go back but would make sure that our table was not too close too the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!DCS2014Dined on 12/31/2013Cotto is our new favourite date night spot. The food and atmosphere and spectacular and the staff clearly love being there. I am kind of kicking myself for sharing the info because I kind of want to keep it for myself...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money exceptflightplan29Dined on 12/23/2013The food here is consistently good quality and prepared well. The Calimari is exceptional and worth the trip. Probably one of the best anywhere. Pizza's are uniquely equisite. I would prefer the bottom crusts to be less moist but you can't have everything. Our server has been there some time and she masters her station. A good person for this house indeed. Coffee excellent. Wines I find too expensive over all be it they have some interesting finds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go again!DollydeanDined on 11/4/2013Excellent food, good wine and friendly staff. Love the Caesar Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean, Descriptive MenudjyvrVIPDined on 10/22/2013Got excited when I saw the menu. Napoleon style flatbreads? Awesome! Keep it simple. Got even more excited about the fresh sheet. Service was prompt, friendly and informative. Suggestions for drinks worked out for my friend. Super quiet, but it was a Tuesday. I'll be back with a larger group for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AlexTheDinerDined on 10/13/2013Came here for a family birthday, appetizers (calimari & chef's take on bruschetta) pizza and pastas (tagliatelle fruitti de mer & Papardelle Carbonara) were both excellent. Only minor complaint was that the tagliatelle was not quite as saucy as we'd prefer. Other than that, great experience overall, and in our old neighbourhood to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still needs workBurnabydinerDined on 10/8/2013Came on time for a reservation and stood at the door for a few minutes before an apparently off-duty employee hanging around called out to a few people, though no one paid him any more attention than we received. The manager and server seemed to be outside socializing with a group of people. Eventually, when we were seated, the service improved. Ceasar salads were a tad deconstructed, but tasty - would order again. Fried gnocchi lacked salt and pepper, though we thought it would be salty enough had the panchetta been cooked enough to eat. Polpetti were what I expect meatballs to be - but not stellar. We'll try this place again for the pizza and hope the service improves more. More customer focus is needed here. Fairly noisy as well.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodAlyRVIPDined on 9/11/2013Margherita pizza was amazing and seafood pasta was another great dish with perfect flavor in pasta sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Eating HereDollydeanDined on 8/27/2013We had a wonderful meal. It was hard to choose but we went with salads and a pasta dish and both were excellent! I can't wait to go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Customers!FullapastaDined on 8/17/2013We ordered Caesar Salad, Margarita Pizza,Linguini with meatballs, Cannelloni and Kids pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. We also enjoyed a half liter of the Itallian Pino Grigio! Everything was delicious! We especially liked the pizza and Caesar salad. All items were great for sharing! The pizza oven in the centre of the restaurant was a great feature to talk about! Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food at a good pricedansgilDined on 8/13/2013I have been to Cotto a few times and have always been very happy with the food and service. I've tried most of the pizzas, some of the pastas, and I've yet to be disappointed. If they have a daily special, go for it! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.