Cotto A Legna
500 South Third Street, Ste 147
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cotto A Legna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3312480263
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Cotto A Legna
Cotto A Legna is a woodfire pizza restaurant and wine bar. This much anticipated restaurant is a great addition to quaint South 3rd street row in Geneva.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cotto A Legna reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food Timing OfffrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014The interior is somewhat stark in furnishing which makes for a loud dinner. We had barely started in on our appetizers when the main course was served. Evidently a mix-up in the kitchen with timing. Food was good, almost too much food. Server was pleasant. Prices were reasonable
- Excellent ChoiceDuffyDined on 6/26/2014We met with work friends for a nice long lunch time together. We had excellent service and great food. We were able to sit and visit after our lunch without feeling they wanted us to leave. Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrochollBrochollDined on 6/24/2014The grevillea portable lla mushroom appetizer was very good and the margherita pizza was OUTSTANDING ... Perfect crispness to the crust. Prices were very reasonable and the outside patio is great for people watching and dining. Wine selection was very reasonably priced by the glass and the bottle ... Nice relaxing spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great.BkenonVIPDined on 6/15/2014It's just ok. The service is rather slow, and the food is so-so. Not my favorite restaurant.
- Fun night outFoodie912Dined on 6/14/2014I made a reservation for 6 at 8pm and asked for outside. When we got there at 7:55pm, our table was waiting for us outside. I tried the sangria, artichoke bruschetta, pizza and pistachio shrimp. Everything looked great and my friends enjoyed their food also. Sitting outside is nice, but you are right across the street from train station so be prepared for 5-10 trains to pass in 2 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizGenevaDined on 6/13/2014Love the outside dining. Unfortunately, we had an inside table on a busy Friday night. The noise level made it impossible to hear each other at our table. No curtains, no rugs to absorb noise....VERY NOISY for a romantic dinner! Outside would have been great...even with the occasional train going by! Igor was very attentive to our advanced requests. Food is inspired, imaginative and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Patio experienceLakeLifeDined on 6/7/2014Four of us in the group. Had great food and our server James was on his game. We sat outside and had a great experience. There was a wait to get a table outside because others were enjoying the evening and sitting longer. We had a drink at the bar to kill some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeahDined on 6/6/2014Server was new, did not listen and was cocky. He thought we ordered a more expensive bottle of wine than we did and expected us to pay for it. I will think twice about returning even though the pasta is excellent. Pizza is just so-so.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Cotto A Legna reviews archive.
- Somewhat disappointed...c8iebDined on 5/31/2014We visit this restaurant occasionally and the food is amazingly tasty and fresh! Our server, Lauren, was gracious and so accommodating. However, during our 2 hour dinner the ice maker apparently broke (thus we could not order cold cocktails), the kitchen was backed up (so we could not get our calamari in less than 30 minutes), and from our point of view the establishment could have used more servers. We had 8pm reservations but didn't get to our outdoor requested table until 8:30 because the other patrons had been there for almost 3 hours and the restaurant doesn't have a policy I guess. We loved our server and felt awful for all her challenges...the food is great...but it was not a relaxing night at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceLuvtoeatDined on 5/31/2014We ordered a appetizer which never came and my wife's entree was served ten minutes before I received mine. The waitress was pleasant but she did not make an effort to correct a Hugh flaw. My meal was good however the overall menu was limiting to our diet. Most entee's were prepared with heavy cream sauces with no other option. I like the restaurant across the street and will just go there next time.
- An off night??Nancy1309Dined on 5/30/2014We have dined here on several occasions and normally have enjoyed ourselves. We mentioned we were celebrating our daughter's kindergarten graduation and other than someone walking by and saying "is this the girl celebrating her graduation?" that was it. Oh well. The servers brought us the wrong appetizer, twice, and brought my daughter the wrong meal. I ordered their special pizza, a white margarita pizza, which I've had several times but it tasted nothing like I've had in the past, or resembling the description on the menu. The pizza chef offered to make me another one, but at that point I didn't want to wait for another. They did comp us for the desserts we ordered for our trouble. Like I said, perhaps an off night.Special Features:
- grlwakemomVIPDined on 5/29/2014Our experience was terrific! Our waiter was extremely attentive and always ready for orders and drinks. All-in-all a wonderful dining experience. It was a lovely night so the outside area was full. We had a reservation (not specific for area) so we ate inside rather than to wait for an outside table.Special Features:
- Outside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I am new to the area and was looking for an outdoor dining spot. I was told about Cotto A Legna. I took my girlfriend there and had an outstanding salad and pizza. We were able to eat outside and I'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedKarenLitDined on 5/23/2014We took our adult daughter here for her birthday after I had a very good lunch a week previously. We ordered the mushroom pizza (tasteless), spinach and sausage pizza (better), bruschetta & crab cake appetizer as an entree. My daughter liked her crab cakes, but I thought they were too bready. The veggies that came with her appetizer were tasty. Both pizzas were rather soggy in the middle. The biggest irritation was our long wait. We were there for almost two hours with our 6:00 reservation. We were willing to give the server the benefit of the doubt, at first, as he told us that it was only his third day. My former daughter waitress said he should never have been given the 4 tables we think he had. I would try a lunch again.
- Not worth my timeOnlymandersDined on 5/16/2014Pizza was disgusting. Most of it was raw dough. This was not my first time being here, but it was strike three. Too loud even though it was an older crowd on a Friday night. No beers on draft. Expensive wine tasted cheap. Had to wait a while even with a reservation. No hostess stand so when you walk in you just stand there looking awkward until one of the people goofing off in the back decide to grace you with their presence. Won't be back. Ever.
- Nice family dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Tried something new and was paid off generously. Good was creative and refreshing. Took my whole family and brother in law and all were satisfied beyond expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be careful when you go...MadisonDined on 5/10/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times and the service and food has been excellent. However, I went on a Saturday night it was not a good experience. Our service was horrible and the waiters seemed completely overworked. The restaurant was also very loud, almost too loud to have a conversation with anyone other than the person directly across from you. Our party actually got up and left after 75 minutes of poor service and no dinner. Perhaps this was just a bad Saturday night experience?...it's too bad, because the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and outdoor settingjmarshDined on 5/10/2014My family came together to celebrate Mother's Day. My Mom always enjoys sitting outside and enjoying food and conversation. It was a perfect combination. The food was exceptional and the outside venue was a nice addition. The service was great as well. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Still love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2014As usual, the food was outstanding. We experienced a service nightmare with mistakes, slow service and a general aide of disregard. I believe the server was new as we had never seen them before. All things said, we will return as this is a family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So MuchManAboutTownDined on 5/2/2014Food is good, but service is not. Felt like we were being rushed and pushed out the door. Place was packed and servers seemed mainly interested in getting us to finish and go so they could get someone else seated at our table for two. Not very friendly. Helpful if we asked questions, but cold. Waitress seemed like she had too much going on to remember what we ordered or keep track of us. Strange vibe--way too loud for our taste. But lots of people were there, so they must like the food.Special Features:
- Couldn't carry on a conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was acceptable for the price point and the service was average, but the decibel level was so high that we couldn't have a normal conversation at our table. All of the interior surfaces (walls, ceilings, etc.) in the restaurant were hard (no noise absorption), and the sound bounced around everywhere. People at neighboring tables had to yell to be heard, and as more people yelled, the noise level increased exponentially. I suppose it would be fine for people in their 20s, but I wasn't very happy as I really wanted to have a conversation during dinner. I won't return to Cotto A Legna.
- great food every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014every time we visit, the food is fantastic with great fresh preparations. we love it most because there is always something for the kids while the adults can eat "real food".Special Features:
- So they cook with fire... So?RDSansoneDined on 4/12/2014Drove all the way out to BF Egypt on a recommendation from an acquaintance for my wife's birthday. I come from a Sicilian family. I speak Italian. I've owned pizza places, and restaurants. I lived in SIcily. This is not Italian, or Sicilian food, at all. It's Italian *inspired* "food", and I use the word food loosely. This place looked great, but left much to be desired. This one looked great, but left much to be desired. Food was marginal at best. Service was horrid. *SERIOUSLY* overpriced. If it wasn't for my wife, daughter, and her husband I would've left after the appetizer. I'd rather book a party at Portillo's, and get marginal "Italian" food than come back to this place. For local rubes it's probably great, but not those who know.
- Great pizza!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed everything from the wine list, to the ambience, to the table staff and seating. The fresh pizza ingredients in their onsite wood burning stove. Delicious.Special Features:
- Great Geneva Eaterygeo1606Dined on 3/26/2014Upon entering Cotto A Legna, the first thing one notices is the smell of brick oven pizza-yum. But that is only the start. Everything here was delicious. From the seared tuna to salmon, to calamari with homemade marinara-it all satisfied. It is a cozy venue for dinner and when the weather starts to cooperate, a lovely al fresco option too. The bar is a fun place to have a glass of wine, and the tables can be configured to best suit a romantic twosome or a family of 6. Well priced and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely LOVE this place!!!collegemomDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I found Cotto a Legna when we moved into the area almost 2 years ago...and were pleasantly surprised by the quality and excellence of the food. We have been many, many times since and always have enjoyed the food. We have had the pizza, the Lobster pasta, the Eggplant Parm, the Mussels and our favorite, the meat and cheese appetizer and have NEVER been disappointed. There have been times when the service could have been better, but it is easy to overlook when the food is so amazing. Mangia!!! Mangia!!!Special Features:
- No responseLolanneDined on 3/15/2014We came early, around 5, and had high hopes. We ordered seafood, which was good and beef medallions with potatoes. One filet was done to medium as ordered and all was very good. The second filet was very rare. When we mentioned it to the waitress she said " well what do you want me to do about it?" We said, "show it to your manager or kitchen". She said, " you ate into it and should have told me sooner". So, she was blaming us for this? Then she took it and gave no response, nothing from the manager. Very awkward! Then we ordered dessert, which was very good and left. Our waitress did come back and apologize for her comments, but never addressed the situation. Why would we go back when they do not seem to care?
- Nice place for a casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Nice place for a casual dinner with a varied menu of pizza, salads, pasta and more. We have been here numerous times and always enjoyed the food and service. Good for couples and small groups.Special Features:
- Best kept secret!ShelinILDined on 3/14/2014End an afternoon of shipping down Geneva's Third Street with fine food in a casual dining atmosphere with great service. It's a bit loud, but you forget about it once you're settled in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AmbienceChelseaFCGuyDined on 2/28/2014Great food and great ambience all with great service. This is a gem of a resturant and we have become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Friday night dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Had a really nice Friday evening dinner. This is Geneva in February, so everyone comes between 6-6:30pm. But our server hustled and took good care of us. Made good recommendations for food and wine. We shared Bruschetta, a pizza, a salad and a dessert. All good. A little slow on the pace but not bad. The restaurant has a good energy level and ambiance to it. Not too loud, but if you want quiet, then perhaps come after 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJoanVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a 65th birthday party for my husband and there were 10 of us. The menu has a broad selection, and everyone was able to get something they loved, from a filet to risotto, and always an excellent pizza. We had the bruschetta to start and the varieties were very flavorful and innovative. The service was stellar, large groups can be difficult and all the food came together at the same time. Desserts were outstanding and they worked with us for a diabetic choice. I can highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Pizza EverStellarVIPDined on 2/22/2014Delicious as usual! The best pizza I've ever eaten. My husband and I now sit at the counter where the pizza guy does his thing. We love watching him make the pizzas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great - service a problemProfDaveDined on 2/15/2014Great food, Zuppe di Mare excellent. Slow service; waiter apologized several times. Hostess patrols center isle with a clipboard; back and forth all night like a sentry on guard duty. Our table was on the main isle, so this bordered on obnoxious. Tables are angled; management probably feels this is a special look. Staff has trouble going between the tables. I was bumped 5 times. Before we put on our coats the busboy was cleaning our table (wait for us to leave). Bus staff should provide unobtrusive service, they were not (e.g. put down your fork, they were there "are you finished"). Great food, if you don't mind the service, noise, & tumult. Tip: don't sit on the main isle. A table by the wall will probably spare you the service issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST pizza!StellarVIPDined on 2/14/2014Cotto A Legna is delicious!! My husband and I go here about 2 times a month to get our pizza fix!!Special Features:
- Great experience!MikeKDined on 2/14/2014Food and wine was wonderful, and at a very fair price. Like the atmosphere too, puts a modern twist onto a traditional Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers and huge portionsguidonarcisoDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited Cotto A Legna for the first time this Valentine's Day and were very pleased with the delicious selections and generous portions. The bruschetta and grilled shrimp appetizers were amazing and filling. As usual, we ordered two loster and tagliatelle entrees and ate less than half each. They were rich and delicious, but we could have easily split one and had room for dessert. We'll know better next time how incredibly huge the servings are. We will definitely go back...it's not easy to find such an authentic restaurant with unique offering in the Western suburbs.Special Features:
- Great service,little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was great! As well as the service, however the noise level was rather high an the tables were all very closely crammed together. This threw of the ambiance of the whole evening being as it was hard to hear and not as romantic as hoped for a claimed authentic Italian restaurant. Overall was a good fineee not great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, will definitely go back!Par4golferDined on 2/8/2014Went there on a Friday evening, terribly cold and snowy outside yet the restaurant was bustling and full. People were coming in the whole time we were there. High energy, noisy place because of the high ceilings, but the food was excellent. We started with an appetizer, the calamari was good, but the marinara sauce needs improvement. It was tasteless and runny, like tomato soup. For entrees, my wife had one of their wood fired pizzas and I had the seared ahi tuna special. They're known for their pizzas, it was very good, and the ahi tuna was awesome. The tuna was a generous portion and accompanied by vegetables and rice. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Great spot!Stal34VIPDined on 1/25/2014This is a great place! Phenomenal staff and lots of great food options! Check it out! It's a favorite of ours. The cheese selection is excellent. The oven pizzas (more like really good flat bread) and pastas are top notch.Special Features: