160 Giralda Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://costazulrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7863603775
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 12:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Vanessa Vargas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call or ask us at the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
A word from Costazul
Costazul is the byproduct of the idea to create a restaurant serving ingredients from the earth and sea that meet and mix together. Faithful to our Peruvian tradition to the delight of those who visit us, we combine the finest gems of the sea with herbs of the earth to achieve flavors so unique to be enjoyed by all. From a great variety of ceviches, tiraditos, classical and new Peruvian dishes, our chefs will deliver to you a dining experience you will never forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Costazul reviews from OpenTable diners
- great little neighborhoodDedsDined on 5/10/2013great little neighborhood restaurant. great presentation and taste.Special Features:
- Not very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013My ceviche was delicious. My entree however was NOT. It's not your traditional Peruvian food. As a peruvian myself, I wasn't impressed. Will not be going back
- The food was served cold andFoodieVIPDined on 4/6/2013The food was served cold and there was no excuse because the restaurant was not full at the time. The waiter never came by the table after the food was served to ask us is everything was satisfactory. We did not send the food back because it was already late and we were hungry. Very poor service, the food had a good flavor, but was cold.
- Ceviche was amazing. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013Ceviche was amazing. Service was good but it took a while for them to decide who was servicing our table.Special Features:
- Love the food and the restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Love the food and the restaurant! Great experience!!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Excellent restaurant and excellent food!!!! Thank you!
- Probably the worst PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2013Probably the worst Peruvian cuisine I have had in Miami
- Ceviche, Lomo Saltado, wine-heaven!DinerSFVIPDined on 1/29/2013Chosen based on reviews and searches and very glad I listened to what I found. This place has amazing ceviche, terrific food overall and is a very chic and interesting decor with lighting that changes color through a cycle. Very nice, great prices for the quality and quantity. Glad I went and I will go back...Special Features:
- We stayed at the Hyatt RegencyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/21/2013We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables. Costazul is a block away. I picked it based on the menu. We had the octopus and olive salad and I had a "restorative" fish soup. My wife had a different fish dish. The cuisine is Peruvian, so we washed it down with a Peruvian beer. It was great. I'm glad we found it. It's not on the hotel's recommended list, but I recommend it.Special Features:
- Word.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012This place is pretty great, the shrimp and octopus dish served on a hot skillet is OUTSTANDING! (can't remember the name). dope!
- Puruvian mixed seafood dish,DaveDined on 8/29/2012Puruvian mixed seafood dish, Tacu Taku, is simply outstanding - the mild sauce and rice/beans mix make it special. The fish en papillotte was too bland for my wife. She ate it but didn't love it. Ambiance and service are excellent. This was our third time here.
- We absolutely loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2012We absolutely loved this restaurant and will be visiting again soon...!!! Delicious food and GREAT customer service....Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2012Great food and great service. Went for our wedding anniversary and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Quiet small restaurant.. IfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012Quiet small restaurant.. If you like saucy dishes this is a great place
- The best ceviche in town andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012The best ceviche in town and maybe in the world. I lived in Lima in the late 70's and never tastefd better cevich than Costa Azul's. Their aji de gallina and lomo saltado are excellent as well. As long as they keep their chef, they will be the best Peruvian restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Overall the place was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012Overall the place was very good but I will recommend mostly for couple(s) w/o children. If you are coming with a group of people, I would do it earlier in the evening. The beverage menu is not large so be ready to settle for a common beer or just wine (white or red).The food was very good. I am planning to bring my wife.Special Features:
- Having enjoyed this beautifulVIPDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2012Having enjoyed this beautiful restaurant once before w/ relatively good experience, we were eager to return. It was empty (two tables), yet the service was poor- uneven & slow. We had to keep asking for water and the glass of wine was obviously oxidized. Instead of then opening a fresh bottle, the server brought over a collection of his open bottles, all equally past their prime. Only redeeming aspect was the Causa, a delightful appetizer with great flavor profiles. Can't say the same of the tacu tacu w/ overpowering cream sauce slathered over the plate. We then witnessed the managet arguing with other patrons over their dissatisfaction with their ceviches. Overall, it left a literal bad taste in our mouth--we probably will not return.
- Not taking carebbb1957VIPDined on 3/2/2012The meal started fine with good service and food. However one of our guests found a piece of glass in her beer. This can happen in any restaurant but not good ones since it's the server responsibly to check the glass. When pointed out to the server and then to the manager we where told that it would be taken care of. We continued with the meal, including desert. When the bill was presented nothing had been done to "care of it" not even deducting the beer with the glass. When pointed out to the manager he became defensive and took the check with the payment in full and walked away.
- Located in a great area ofScorpiDined on 2/23/2012Located in a great area of Coral Gables. Wish they would have a better selection of wine and beers.Special Features:
- Great, but don't sit by the wallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day. Very nice, the food was delicious and the wine paired with it just perfectly. However, the service was very slow (though this could've been the occasion, it was filled to the brim with happy couples), and we had the misfortune of being seated by the wall, which is right under an LED light that changes color every 5 seconds (it got old very fast). Overall, it's a great date spot, and the food and wine is quite delectable. Just make sure you're seated away from the wall with the lights.Special Features:
- My family and I had the greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011My family and I had the great pleasure of having the restaurant to ourselves due to it being Christmas Eve. We were treated like kings and queens and really appreciated the staff staying till late for us. Everyone loved there dishes and were happy and impressed with the restaurant ambiance.Thank you.Special Features: