4100 North Point Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21222Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.costasinn.com/
- Phone: (410) 477-1975
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fred Clemens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off premise served catering. Catering menu available at www.costasinn.com. Any special events, including: birthdays, graduations, company parties, luncheons and many more special events. Costas Inn is here for you!!!
- Entertainment: We offer for entertainment each of the following. Karaoke on Friday and Saturday 9-1am. Sunday 6-10pm. Sports bar with NFL package, and every other sports venue. HI-Def Plasma TVs at every view in both bar and dining room. Keno, Lottery, Scratch-Offs, and Lottery Horse Racing. Sirius Satellite Radio. We also offer Wi-Fi connection. No Cover Charge.
A word from Costas Inn
We hope that on your next afternoon or evening out, you will give us the opportunity to make your visit or event as enjoyable as possible. The entire family and staff of Costas Inn thank you for your continued support and look forward supplying the excellence and quality that you have come to expect.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Costas Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- BEST CRABS IN YEARS!!KED83VIPDined on 9/25/2014I used to live in Balto Co and on a recent visit back to the area I wanted some steamed crabs. So glad I chose Costas! the large crabs were heavy and meaty. I didn't think I could eat half a dozen but they were too good to stop!!Special Features:
- Best Crabs!DavidgVIPDined on 9/13/2014Simply the best steamed crabs in Baltimore. Pete and his group are always terrific!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014. Will be coming back. We went for the crabs But the after church menu is outstanding'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabs were terrificMWfromMDandUTDined on 8/12/2014We went with a group of eight for steamed crabs, and they did not disappoint. Costas did not hesitate to acknowledge that they were from Texas; you have to appreciate honesty. Good selection of beers on tap, though I'm not recalling anything local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried this placeSunnyDined on 8/2/2014Steamed crabs very good....if you like them big, ask for colossalls. Server was excellent and, from just observing, all of the servers were responsive, professional and amazingly efficient. No doubt this is a well managed restaurant where the owners set the bar much higher than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Costas Inn reviews archive.
- Best CrabsCallieDined on 7/26/2014There were three of us who went on a Sat. night. I had made the reservation a month ahead and reserved the crabs the morning of our reservation. We were seated almost immediately. We had calamari and wings as appetizers and both were very good. The crabs were the best I've had in a long time. We had ice cream sundaes for dessert and they were excellent. The waitress and service was excellent. Can't wait to go back and highly recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Best Crabs in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014Been going here for years. Absolutely the best crabs if not in Baltimore, across the whole country. Crab soup is fantastic. French Onion is off the wall. Highly recommend for not only those living outside the state but for all you "HUNS" HUN. You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CRAB SHACKPOPSREVIEWDined on 7/24/2014When to dinner, not for crabs. Costas was not busy except for a group of 12 having crabs. All 4 of us found the service was quite slow but most of all except the the Onion Soup we thought the meal was very poor. No wonder only 6 other were having dinner.Special Features:
- Crabby meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great place to go for crabs. The service was great, the food was great, what more can you ask for? The ambience is a what it is. A crab place with paper table covers and buckets for the shells - you can't really get away from that. This is a place where you get down and dirty with your crabs and a cold beer! Note: we made reservations and a few days before the reservation, they called to ask for how many crabs we wanted them to set aside for us - good to know for those who may be just planning on stopping by without a reservation.Special Features:
- The place for good crabsTheBigOneDined on 7/5/2014I made a reservation on open table for the July 4th weekend. Surprisingly, my 6 seat was available. I've been to Costas before and know you have to call to reserve crabs, but when I called, they wouldn't let me through to reserve. Fortunately, my 4:30 time helped me to access the best crustaceans I've had yet this year. While expensive, they were good sized and full of meat. The service was good, not great. The food was good and plenty.Special Features:
- Over-rated CrabsNYCFoodieDined on 6/27/2014Crabs are way too spicy, just covered with it. Little meat, I would go somewhere else where you pay the same price and have a little more of a view.
- Great steamed crabs at CostasdornbruVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful steamed crabs from Louisiana. Loved every bite. Reserved crabs a week in advance!Special Features:
- very niceVALLEDined on 5/31/2014Staff was very Nice.....Crabs were YUMMO...and food was Great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Crabs in BaltimoreNomNomNomivoreVIPDined on 5/31/2014When asking around for the best place to get steamed crabs, one name kept popping up … Costas Inn. So I did what any girl should and went. The size of the crabs was on a total different scale from other crab houses in the area. They were heavy, full of meat, and seasoned well.Special Features:
- Loved It!!luv4foodDined on 4/13/2014I brought my mother here for her birthday. Despite needing to remind the server it was a birthday dinner (which was included in the reservation details), everything was great! I've been there once or twice before, but I really need to visit more frequently. My mother enjoyed herself, the food was great, and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAngiebDined on 4/12/2014We went there for my birthday and we got food and crabs. It's not cheap but the crabs were awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes. liked theFreqDnrVIPDined on 3/12/2014Great crab cakes. liked the live music in the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Costas was absolutelymsvan814Dined on 2/20/2014The food at Costas was absolutely delicious. The service was great, the owner came around and talked with everyone. It was fantastic!!! Initally I was skeptical, but eveything down to the vegetables was seasoned to perfection. I will definitely visit Costas again. It is a true Baltimore hidden gem!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week find!cropetteDined on 2/18/2014In keeping with the whole idea of Restaurant Week, we always try some place new. Well, Costas was truly a great surprise. The food (there were 4 of us and 3 different entrees) was outstanding. The selection for Restaurant Week was such that we all had a hard time making a final decision, but we were all very pleased with our choices, and every one else's choice. The restaurant was very quiet, but we assumed this was due to an early dining time, being a week night and the continuing bad weather we have had. We will definitely return to Costas again. Our waitress was very accommodating, even checking with the chef on several things we had questions about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not giving up...FirstTimerDined on 2/17/2014The Restaurant Week menu is a very limited sample of the massive (and enticing) menu options. I guess that's the marketing tactic because I really felt like I needed to try other items to get a feel for the restaurant. I had the calamari (just ok), crab dip (no lump crab meat), crab cake with rice pilaf and Caesar salad (pretty good!), and for dessert we tried the cheesecake (not so great) and the funnel cake sticks (AMAZING!!!). The mom n pop establishment had a cafeteria feel (large spacious casual dining room), which I didn't expect but it wasn't bad. To be fair, I think I need another visit to try some of the dishes that really piqued my palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014We had a good experience at Costas Inn. We all ordered seafood which was excellent and the portions were a good size. The atmosphere was unassuming, but pleasant.
- Fun timemonkey3Dined on 1/5/2014We went to celebrate a 65th birthday and there were 7 of us. The pricing is moderate and the food is an excellent value. One would never know this place offered such excellent seafood! Better than some 4 and 5 star places we've been! If you do not want fancy but are looking for quality...this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve dinner 2013SpicymeDined on 12/31/2013Upon entering, I noticed how open it was.Personally I would have liked more privacy such as booths, partitions, etc. It was my first time there and the food was very good. I was with my daughter, son in law, 3 grandchildren and my boyfriend. Our waitress was ok and wasn't very tentative to kids...After she took our drink order it took awhile for them to be served and than we had to wait for the bread too...The children waited patiently but the youngest (20 mos.old) became restless after eating her snacks from home. I understand it was a busy evening but you have to hustle sometimes when children are involved We were never offered dessert or coffee at the end of our meal either. Thank you for your time:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Crabs For New Years...Boooooo!KarenDined on 12/31/2013Decided on Costas because they are a crab house. Were told they had no crabs for new years then they bring out crabs to another table. Bad business! If they were going to NOT have crabs for new years those with reservations should have been notified when reservations were made. Not serve some and not others. They had tables packed together. Every time a new person coming in went to greet those sitting behind me I had their chest pushing against my head. To make matters worse no one ever said excuse me. So...bottom line...NO to Costas for New Years Eve.Special Features:
- Blue Crabs At Their Best !!!BCCHoustonVIPDined on 9/16/2013We LOVE Blue Crabs and on our first trip to Baltimore, friends made reservations at Costas Inn promising we would be impressed. And impressed we were. The restaurant is not much to look at inside or out but that's not why we were there - we wanted meaty, seasoned crabs and we got them ! The waiter was great - friendly, funny, and attentive. The owner came out a couple of times to see how we were doing. The crab were fantastic - perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. One additional positive was that you could call-in your order a couple days ahead and reserve the size (Med - Large - XL) you wanted to eat. If we ever get back into Baltimore - you can find us stuffing our faces with steamed crabs at Costas Inn.Special Features:
- COULD HAVE BEEN BETTERPAMELADined on 8/21/2013My husband finally talked me into going to Costas after 7 years! There were four of us. Shrimp Salad was good but over priced. Large crab cake, needed a little moisture and flavor. Large stuffed shrimp was very small for the price. Creamed spinach was sweet but tasty. BBQ Baby back ribs were tasty and probably the best bang for the buck. Should we return, we will try the large steamed shrimp with onions and steamed crabs. Service was good and didn't have to wait to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodSTUFFEDDined on 7/17/2013I enjoyed the mealk. The service was a little slow, but it was lunchtime. Everything was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steamed crabsDiningdivaVIPDined on 7/13/2013Long wait even though we had reservations. Excellent service made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious crabsdiningduoDined on 7/6/2013Our family drove an hour because we heard that Costa's Inn had delicious crabs. Well, it was worth the drive! We were seated right away and ordered appetizers of bbq shrimp and potato skins. These apps were fine. Then we ordered two dozen small-medium crabs; this size and small crabs were the only sizes left. One thing we did not realize was that we could have reserved our crabs with our reservation. This way we could have ordered a larger size. Even though the crabs were small, they were delicious! They were so good, in fact, that we ordered another dozen. We also ordered corn on the cob, but the corn had no flavor. All in all, the positives are the crabs! The negatives are the lack of crab sizes, the expense ($60/dozen), and bland corn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Costa's Is Quality GuaranteedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2013Costa's is always a great place to eat and have fun. We never hesitate to take folks, especially out-of-towners, for a crab feast taste of our area. The staff are congenial, attentive and helpful. Our waiter was top notch, personable, and entertaining. The steamed crabs were delicious. Dessert was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had called ahead and wasliblibVIPDined on 6/20/2013I had called ahead and was told the restaurant was 15 minutes away from the Harbor area and walking was not recommended. The taxi ride was 45 minutes and cost $80 round trip! The area was shady/industrial and run down. The restaurant itself did not have charm and the food was simply okay. The owner talked us into staying when we first arrived and assured us we would not be disappointed- but then we felt the staff considered us trouble and were not in any way welcoming. Needless to say we were disappointed.
- Best crabs in Baltimore!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Costa's never disappoints; big, meaty, fresh, perfectly seasoned steamed crabs. All year round.
- Order Crabs EarlyTheBigOneDined on 5/27/2013Costas has the best crabs in the area at (usually) a fair price. It's best to make a reservation and call ahead to make surte you have your crabs when you get there. A friend had the lobster tail and I had some MD crab soup, both excellent.Special Features:
- OutOfTownVisitorOutOfTownVisitorsDined on 5/20/2013We learned about the Costas Inn from the Today Show. Don't let the atmosphere of this place fool you. We had a great time with our group. The food was wonderful. I recommend the crab cakes. I informed the staff before we arrived about a health condition someone has and they shared what was on the menu that the member of our party would be able to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed this restaurant.LocalGalDined on 5/19/2013We really enjoyed this restaurant. The stuffed lobster tail was perfect. The service was very good too. We are looking forward to going back for steamed crabs. Additionally, no need to get all decked out. The attire is casual and the atmosphere very laid back. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit.JackDined on 5/16/2013We were there for the first time ever on Thursday May 16th and specifically traveled the distance from Pa. (where we live) for your crabs. While there we also had a light dinner. We all thought the food was good but were DISAPPOINTED in the crabs. We thought that they were small for the price! $78.00 a doz.!! That said they were full and tasty. We all live in Pa. as I said and agreed we would return for the food menu but not for the crabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crabs.. Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2013we reserved a dozen in advance. they were sweet and delicious.. try the new Crab Quesidilla.. its amazing. Fun night.Special Features:
- Costa Value - not equalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Having heard from friends and having read a review, I had expected much more especially with regard to the quality of the food. Service was mediocre. One of my guests requested that the cheese on her cheeseburger be placed on after the patty was cooked - didn't happen. My creamed spinach had a strong taste and was not what I expected. Compared to that previously available from Haussner's, it was 1 on a scale of 10 with 1 being worst. I don't recall being offered a refill on my iced tea. Hadn't heard of Costa's and I lived in Dundalk area from 1947 thru 2004. Was not a loss not having learned of it til now.
- Service was excellent as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Service was excellent as was the food. Arrived early and was still seated even though all of my party had not yet arrived. Very impressed with the service and food. Not a fancy restaurant but still excellent place to meet for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Let downLove2eatDined on 3/24/2013Since i saw the write ups, I expected more and was dissapointed.