Costa Brava Bistro
5115 Bellaire Blvd
Bellaire, TX 77401Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Costa Brava Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.costabravabistro.com/
- Phone: (713) 839-1005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: European, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Kitty Bailey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Costa Brava Bistro
Old world charm and comfort create a setting for you to experience the best in Spanish and French cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Costa Brava Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bellaire ›
Costa Brava Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (109)fit for foodies (95)special occasion (58)romantic (50)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (28)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- In a rush and they still delivered!JessejamesDined on 11/22/2014Costa Brava is consistent. We were 3 couples with somewhere to be fairly quickly. Our server made sure we moved along, service was amazing and food even better. So fortunate to have this gem in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly memorable foodBassmarkDined on 11/21/2014This is such a lovely place. Perfectly prepared food, served in an atmosphere rich with the thoughtful care of the owners. We're looking forward to our next meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciosofood365Dined on 11/8/2014We have been here a few times already and it never disappoints. Food is very good. wine has also been great. I tend to like certain wines and with the help of the server's suggestions it always turns out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't just drive by!luv2notcookVIPDined on 11/6/2014In a conveniently located, Bellaire strip center--it is not to be missed! And for a Houston restaurant, you can actually carry on and enjoy a conversation here. It is cozy and warm, and the staff are very helpful and accommodating. The Spanish style food is fresh and delicious. We all had different dishes, and all were delicious. A seafood, octopus, shrimp and lamb dish, (I believe), and all were enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Spanish/French CuisineCDHoustonVIPDined on 11/1/2014We began our meal with the shrimp and garlic and the grilled octopus. Both were outstanding...the jumbo prawns were accompanied by a powerful garlic mixture, so beware if you don't like garlic...a lot. I ordered the paella, and the recipe included pork, beef and chicken in addition to the usual mussels and shrimp. Everything was well presented, and the wine selection is excellent. The servings were very generous! My only complaint is that they would not seat our party of five until we were complete and there is no space at the bar to wait. They were also pushy about some of us being 10 minutes late for the reservation.Special Features:
- Lovely FindLexyDined on 10/28/2014The reviews offered hope that this would be a good experience and so I took a new client here for an early dinner. My decision proved to be a good one. We loved the food and Thomas who served us was perfect, always water and wine at our finger tips. The food was divine and our first meeting was successful, so overall a great experience!Special Features:
- OverbookedFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We waited almost 45 min even though we had a reservation for 8pm. They should have offered a glass of wine or a desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!FoodboyVIPDined on 10/22/2014I thought this was a Spanish restaurant. There were only a very few Spanish dishes on the menu. Maybe they should rename it Bellaire Brava? The Paella was OK, not great. The chunks of chicken in the dish was tough and dry. The shrimp in garlic butter appetizer was very good. My apple tart dessert was mediocre. The restaurant is very attractive and our waiter was very attentive. I would not go back though.....at least not for Spanish food.Special Features:
- Authentic Spanish CuisineIheartgoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014Small restaurant with tables rather crowded together but probably the closest you will get to authentic Spanish food in Houston with very good wait service (very pricey!). The Roquefort steak was done to perfection (but do be sure to ask for a Roquefort sauce otherwise you'll just see a very very small sprinkling of the cheese around the steak). The pulpo ala gallego was also very good (though missing the final touch of kosher salt). I'd also recommend the shrimp in the butter/garlic sauce-they use jumbo shrimp and it is quite delicious. Careful of the paella-they put a spicy ingredient that while it exists in Spain is not common.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencelocaldinerDined on 10/16/2014We went for our anniversary dinner, as this is our favorite restaurant in town. Once again, everything was excellent. From the moment we walked in, and of course greeted warmly, to the prompt and friendly service, to the absolutely delicious food. We are repeat customers. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!njd1VIPDined on 10/16/2014I stumbled on Costa Brava almost by accident. I wanted to take a friend to dinner but not get stuck in Houston traffic so I picked CB because it hadn't gotten some good reviews butoatly because it was close. I was pleasantly surprised! The service was excellent and both Snapper and crispy salmon were incredible- perfection! I like to think I always order the best dessert at the table but while my apple tart was great, my friends chocolate bread pudding took the prize!! Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey for the experienceNorthkingVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is a good, solid restaurant. You will not be disappointed. But the price points exceed (not by a lot, but enough) the experience. This is a very high quality place--but it's not an elite restaurant.Special Features:
- Another fabulous business mealVirtuAlDined on 10/10/2014From a warm greeting to placement at a suitable table, the service and food were exceptional. The menu was somewhat limited but nonetheless the choices of appetizers, salads and entrees were fine-and-dandy. I couldn't resist the virtually boneless quail which was absolutely delightful! My guest ordered the roasted chicken which also was a delight for her. Indeed, the chef roasted both the quail and chicken to perfection. Look forward to another superb dining experience soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful lunchMACfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Paella and snapper were both excellent. Quiet lunch spot. Perfect service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like finding a Gold NuggetImpressMeDined on 10/1/2014What a surprise to discover true fine dining nestled among the cozy sleepy neighborhood eateries. Top notch service, excellent wine list. So many delicious choices on the menu, we will hurry back. The thick red snapper filet was cut on site and served up with flair with artichoke hearts and capers. Hubby's lamb chops were beautifully presented with goat cheese potato cake and garlic spinach and perfectly cooked. To rival any top steak house. Chocolate croissant bread pudding was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningGemDined on 9/26/2014Great paella. Tasty romaine saled with boquorones. Reasonably priced wine list. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Their food is awesome. Each item we had was very good! The restaurant is a little loud so conversations across a table can be difficult, but the delicious food and great service makes it worthwhile!Special Features:
- Another fab dining experience!hotspotsDined on 9/20/2014Once again Angeles made our evening so enjoyable. Always pleasantly greets you as you enter. Once seated a very attentive waitstaff is there to take good care of you. Kudos to the chef, Angeles and our waiter, Eynar. All jewels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing food, snobbery usherManitoeeDined on 9/20/2014If your skin is not white, or if you do not look like upper level person, you should not choose to dine here. If you still wanna dine here despite of my warning, you will have to expect to be seated last although you have a reservation with a cold face. The usher lady is also very rude to my mom who does not know English. I feel sad for the owner to hire her as an usher, but I will feel even sadder if she is the owner. The food is way less delicious than the Spanish food I have ever had in California and Chicago, especially the paella! The huge chunks of chicken in the paella feel like chewing wax. I checked the over reviewer's comments before going to the restaurant, now I really doubt where the 5 star comments are from.
- Go early....VERY LoudSEjmillsDined on 9/19/2014Small, neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food and wine list, but VERY noisy to the point that you cannot have a conversation, even with your wait staff. Also, go early and don't rely on a reservation. Waited over 30 minutes even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a great reviewYummyInMyTummyDined on 9/16/2014Our group of four had a wonderfully relaxed dinner at Costa Brava Bistro last Tuesday evening, 16 September 2014. We received a warm welcome from staff and our waiter was not only very attentive, but pleasingly, he was knowledgeable about all the menu items we asked about. The food was lovely to look at, and every dish was super tasty - especially the duck, muscles, and octopus. Definitely a restaurant worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantPRM1VIPDined on 9/15/2014A friend suggested we eat in this restaurant. Apparently it is normally busy but it was very quiet the night we were there. The wine was very good but the veal dish was outstanding. My companion has scallops and shrimp and reported that they were also excellent. I worry about saying these things because it may make it harder for me to get a table in the future.Special Features:
- Unique family-run restaurantDinkyLeeDined on 9/13/2014Overall a wonderfull experience. As the world has discovered Costa Bravo I strongly suggest reservations.Special Features:
- Good - but could be greatrokaladaDined on 9/12/2014Took 2 friends here for birthday lunch. Two in party ordered the three-course lunch ---- one was the steak which he said was good and one was the risotto with shrimp which came with two - yes, two, shrimp! Third person had mussels which were amazing. Last person had the seafood salad which was good, but not great - crab was obviously not fresh fresh. Ambiance and service was great. Olives and tampenade are a really nice touch. Owner/manager very nice.Special Features:
- It's a Must!WineDine69VIPDined on 9/11/2014If you love amazing food, wine, service in a intimate setting, you will want to give this a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Costa BravamonzonfaDined on 9/5/2014We are regulars at Costa Brava. The paella and the lamb chops are my personal favorites. Food is always great and Angeles is a fantastic host.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Great find in my nieghborhood. Excellent service and delicious food, especially the Paella. I will definetly return again soon!Special Features:
- My go-to is TOO GoodrondlDined on 9/4/2014This is a restaurant that we love to introduce others to. Never had a bad meal, never had bad service. One of the best gazpacho's I have ever eaten and incredible lamb chops. Place is small and quaint and incredible.Special Features:
- Lunch at the BarXtina1Dined on 9/4/2014Great place, it doesn’t matter if you're at a table or at the bar. The food is delightful, service excellent and price is suitable.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLuckyDined on 9/2/2014Our group of three was seated promptly on a Tuesday night. Service was attentive but not overbearing, the waiter expertly answered the questions we had about the menu and described the specials and how they would be prepared in great detail. I thought the wine list should have a few more moderate priced items. Great experience, will go again when I have a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW dinnerSmithjdDined on 8/29/2014Food was very very good. look forward to returning for the regular menu.Special Features:
- Great findwe2lovegreatfoodDined on 8/27/2014Food, ambiance good, a little pricey for a neighborhood place, but the portions were ample and the food was delicious and different than the usual protein and starch choices. Great place for a special occasion, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysrandyzerchDined on 8/26/2014Tuesday night — August 26, 2014 — was a different crew, including a new host. But the same excellent food and wonderful service. Costa Brava Bistro — may you continue to thrive! Thank you for wonderful food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Return Visit for a Birthday LunchhoustonalleDined on 8/25/2014We have visited the restaurant for dinner many times—we love it! This was the first time for lunch. My companion tried the Paella which he raved about. I had the Pulpo (grilled octopus with potato in a mildly spicy oil). I've had the octopus before and it is luscious. I always enjoy the toasted bread, tapenade and delicious olive selection that are placed on the table right away. These aren't your ordinary olives—they are amazing. We enjoyed the hazelnut crepe for dessert which was light and tasty. If this restaurant were closer to us, we be there even more often. Love the authentic Spanish/Barcelona flavors and the French foods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodchrisDined on 8/21/2014The food is delicious and presentation of food is excellent. I would especially recommend it for special occasions or meeting another couple for dinner. I love the collection of pictures on the walls. I can see why people are asking about purchasing them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food in BellaireVinoRojoDined on 8/20/2014Food is outstanding in every way. Pretty good wine list, good by-the-glass selections. Service was very competent, meaning the waiter is up to speed on all the menu items and is experienced. However, the service was very slow between courses. We had 4 people, 2 couples. One ordered coffee, the other dessert. The coffee came out right away, the dessert took 20 minutes, long after the coffee was gone. The tables are very close to each other, closer than most places in Europe, so close that one couple had to make a very long detour to their table around multiple back-to-back diners. A great experience overall. The quality of the ingredients, the preparation and presentation are top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningdivaDined on 8/18/2014I visited Costa Brava Bistro last Monday for the third time this summer. I invited two friends and we enjoyed a two and a half hour leisurely dinner. The food was fantastic and the service was timely and unobtrusive as was the manner in my two previous visits. I would classify Costa Brava Bistro as a dining experience. I look forward to many more visits.Special Features:
- FoodFoodDined on 8/18/2014Great tasty food and elaborate food presentation. Nice atmosphere and quite atmosphere early in the evening. Food is a little pricy. We will come back and recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surpriseKatycoleDined on 8/16/2014We decided to try this place during restaurant week. It got great reviews but we were surprised it was in a strip center. That was forgotten right when we walked in. The staff was immediately attentive and the decor was sophisticated but comfortable. The menu is unique and everything was amazing. This place will definitely be a regular stop for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality remains excellentrandyzerchDined on 8/16/2014We visited Costa Brava Bistro last Saturday evening, arriving at 5:30 and leaving by 7:30. The restaurant filled up while we were there, but I could hear my table mates very well. The food is outstanding. I had the fish special, the others had the paella, CBB's signature dish. Even the olive tapenade was seasoned just right and we learned that the chef makes it by hand. "Balance is very important to her," said the co-owner. Our daughter was very impressed and wants her husband to experience Costa Brava. She is a discerning foodie. So, "outstanding" is the only designation I can give. The cost is at the top of our range, but so very worth it!Special Features: