Costa Brava Bistro
5115 Bellaire Blvd
Bellaire, TX 77401Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Costa Brava Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.costabravabistro.com/
- Phone: 7138391005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: European, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Kitty Bailey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Costa Brava Bistro
Old world charm and comfort create a setting for you to experience the best in Spanish and French cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Costa Brava Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bellaire ›
Costa Brava Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (82)special occasion (68)romantic (52)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (24)hot spot (13)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Unique family-run restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Overall a wonderfull experience. As the world has discovered Costa Bravo I strongly suggest reservations.Special Features:
- It's a Must!WineDine69VIPDined on 9/11/2014If you love amazing food, wine, service in a intimate setting, you will want to give this a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Costa BravamonzonfaDined on 9/5/2014We are regulars at Costa Brava. The paella and the lamb chops are my personal favorites. Food is always great and Angeles is a fantastic host.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Great find in my nieghborhood. Excellent service and delicious food, especially the Paella. I will definetly return again soon!Special Features:
- My go-to is TOO GoodrondlDined on 9/4/2014This is a restaurant that we love to introduce others to. Never had a bad meal, never had bad service. One of the best gazpacho's I have ever eaten and incredible lamb chops. Place is small and quaint and incredible.Special Features:
- Lunch at the BarXtina1Dined on 9/4/2014Great place, it doesn’t matter if you're at a table or at the bar. The food is delightful, service excellent and price is suitable.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLuckyDined on 9/2/2014Our group of three was seated promptly on a Tuesday night. Service was attentive but not overbearing, the waiter expertly answered the questions we had about the menu and described the specials and how they would be prepared in great detail. I thought the wine list should have a few more moderate priced items. Great experience, will go again when I have a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW dinnerSmithjdDined on 8/29/2014Food was very very good. look forward to returning for the regular menu.Special Features:
- Great findwe2lovegreatfoodDined on 8/27/2014Food, ambiance good, a little pricey for a neighborhood place, but the portions were ample and the food was delicious and different than the usual protein and starch choices. Great place for a special occasion, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysrandyzerchDined on 8/26/2014Tuesday night — August 26, 2014 — was a different crew, including a new host. But the same excellent food and wonderful service. Costa Brava Bistro — may you continue to thrive! Thank you for wonderful food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Return Visit for a Birthday LunchhoustonalleDined on 8/25/2014We have visited the restaurant for dinner many times—we love it! This was the first time for lunch. My companion tried the Paella which he raved about. I had the Pulpo (grilled octopus with potato in a mildly spicy oil). I've had the octopus before and it is luscious. I always enjoy the toasted bread, tapenade and delicious olive selection that are placed on the table right away. These aren't your ordinary olives—they are amazing. We enjoyed the hazelnut crepe for dessert which was light and tasty. If this restaurant were closer to us, we be there even more often. Love the authentic Spanish/Barcelona flavors and the French foods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodchrisDined on 8/21/2014The food is delicious and presentation of food is excellent. I would especially recommend it for special occasions or meeting another couple for dinner. I love the collection of pictures on the walls. I can see why people are asking about purchasing them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food in BellaireVinoRojoDined on 8/20/2014Food is outstanding in every way. Pretty good wine list, good by-the-glass selections. Service was very competent, meaning the waiter is up to speed on all the menu items and is experienced. However, the service was very slow between courses. We had 4 people, 2 couples. One ordered coffee, the other dessert. The coffee came out right away, the dessert took 20 minutes, long after the coffee was gone. The tables are very close to each other, closer than most places in Europe, so close that one couple had to make a very long detour to their table around multiple back-to-back diners. A great experience overall. The quality of the ingredients, the preparation and presentation are top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningdivaDined on 8/18/2014I visited Costa Brava Bistro last Monday for the third time this summer. I invited two friends and we enjoyed a two and a half hour leisurely dinner. The food was fantastic and the service was timely and unobtrusive as was the manner in my two previous visits. I would classify Costa Brava Bistro as a dining experience. I look forward to many more visits.Special Features:
- FoodFoodDined on 8/18/2014Great tasty food and elaborate food presentation. Nice atmosphere and quite atmosphere early in the evening. Food is a little pricy. We will come back and recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surpriseKatycoleDined on 8/16/2014We decided to try this place during restaurant week. It got great reviews but we were surprised it was in a strip center. That was forgotten right when we walked in. The staff was immediately attentive and the decor was sophisticated but comfortable. The menu is unique and everything was amazing. This place will definitely be a regular stop for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality remains excellentrandyzerchDined on 8/16/2014We visited Costa Brava Bistro last Saturday evening, arriving at 5:30 and leaving by 7:30. The restaurant filled up while we were there, but I could hear my table mates very well. The food is outstanding. I had the fish special, the others had the paella, CBB's signature dish. Even the olive tapenade was seasoned just right and we learned that the chef makes it by hand. "Balance is very important to her," said the co-owner. Our daughter was very impressed and wants her husband to experience Costa Brava. She is a discerning foodie. So, "outstanding" is the only designation I can give. The cost is at the top of our range, but so very worth it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Costa Brava is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Spectacular food, fabulous service, elegant and quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- PevishPevishDined on 8/8/2014This little Bellaire restaurant has quietly been building quite a loyal customer base without much fanfare, only great food and fantastic service. On a recent visit I had the lamb chops with side of specially seasoned mashers and perfectly cooked spinach, it was wonderful and the lamb cooked to perfection. We have also had pasta dishes, chicken and steak, all were wonderful. For a nice change of pace, come on down to Bellaire and sample Costa Brava Bistro but don't tell too many people, their loyal customers want to eat there too.Special Features:
- A Great Place in BellaireFoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014We were very impressed with the food, service and decor of this local spot. The manager heard it was our first visit and he made an effort to tell us about their idea of a good upscale restaurant. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere.DaryledjsDined on 8/5/2014The food and the atmosphere were both great. My friend recommended it and she was so right. I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit, and I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Good food, older crowdChantelleVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very impressed with the quality and variety if the food. The crowd was much older than expected and the noise level very high,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSusieDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here numerous times, and the food is always great. The owner is friendly and accommodating, and her staff is friendly and helpful. The food has been consistently delicious. The salmon was particularly delicious this last time, and the house salad was also good. Only wish the space could accommodate more people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Spirit and Top Notch TasteCholiM1VIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I tried this restaurant after reading very positive reviews. We were not disappointed. In fact, our expectations were exceeded. The food was marvelous, and the service impeccable. We would strongly recommend this restaurant and will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gourmetMaryNellVIPDined on 8/1/2014Love this place! Very warm and friendly service. Terrific Spanish and continental cuisine. Great chef!Special Features:
- As always, outstandingSearchingFineDiningDined on 7/26/2014Costa Brava has been our favorite since we discovered it 1 1/2 years ago. We often introduce it to friends and we & they are never disappointed. Always remarkably flavorful fresh food, excellent service and a warm welcome by Angeles or Kitty (when she comes out of the kitchen)! This is an absolute neighborhood gem. Now friends come to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galician LegsmartyVIPDined on 7/26/2014the octopus appetizer is succulent and wildly tasty redolent of smoked spanish paprika. everything else was well preparedand tasty except for the ribeye steak which was a little above average. Food was closer to 5 than 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemAristeVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is really a neighborhood gem with delicious food and great service and a very friendly family oriented atmosphere. All of the dishes were scrumptious, great presentation, and the staff is very attentive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!SevillachicaDined on 7/25/2014This was my second visit to Costa Brava. The menu has an incredible selection. I am ready to come back and try the duck. I had the quail and it was awesome. It was paired nicely with haricot verts, jamon Serrano and tomatoes. My husband got the same entree as he did on his first visit (pork) and enjoyed it. Everyone else in our party loved their entrees and cleaned their plates! We also got crepes for dessert which were easy to share and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014I am from Spain and I can definitely recommend this restaurant. The maitre d'or is very friendly and the food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Really liked this restaurant!JohnDined on 7/19/2014Friendly greeting from hostess. Waiter attentive but not overly so. Food especially snapper was quite delicious, only exception being slightly off- tasting grilled octopus starter. Would eat there again and with no hesitation to recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must visitTsilverVIPDined on 7/18/2014Costa Brava is away from the hustle of Houston in Bellaire, The small, intimate restaurant offers charm and ambience with its' French and Spanish cuisine. The aromas fill the room. The staff is professional, friendly, and knows their food. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DineomightyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Never disappoints. Truly one if Houston's best. We have eaten here many times and the food and service are always flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely lunchDiningdivaDined on 7/17/2014My friend and I had a very leisurely lunch with fabulous food and service to match. We were catching up and our servers never rushed us or were intrusive. It is rare to find such a lunch dining experience in Houston. One usually has to fight crowds and business noise. We thoroughly enjoyed Costa Brava and have made plans to return with our spouses for a double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedTravelBugDined on 7/16/2014Very unassuming and charming spot. Perfect octopus. Delicious paella. Great wine. It's like being transported to Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodSarasvatiDined on 7/16/2014This was my 4th visit to Costa Brava and I would eat there every day if I could. I like to bring friends here for special occasions. The prix fixe lunch is reasonably priced and the food is outstanding. The service was attentive, polite and not intrusive. We got there on the late side, considering they close at 2:30, yet did not feel at all rushed. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChicaDined on 7/14/2014We started with a salami plate and mussels. The mussels come with a side French Fries. Mussels were alright but the french fries were outstanding. Best fries ever. Our main dishes were boneless quails, duck breast and paella. The birds ruled and they were very, very good. We ended our dinner with the Apple tart desset and it was excellent. Our wait staff was very friendly. We had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!FoodiebabeVIPDined on 7/12/2014I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this restaurant! I generally rate a restaurant based on the overall dining experience. This includes food, service and ambience. While the food was not bad, the service and attitude were truly the WORST I have ever experienced! We were 15 min late for our reservation and were rudely informed that we would now have to be placed at the end of the walk-in list. The hostess ignored our explanations and the fact that we had repeatedly attempted to let them know we were running late only to be answered by a voice message. Our service was not much better when we were seated after waiting well over an hour. We had to wait 30-40 min for someone even to take our order. The food was nice, but nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerWorkingMomFoodieDined on 7/10/2014With kids at summer camp, we finally had time for dinner with another couple. We wanted a great restaurant that was comfortable with good food. We all loved our dinners and had a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!EmmaVVIPDined on 7/7/2014Visited for my birthday with my boyfriend and we loved this place. It was a slow Monday night and they were thinking about closing early but they noticed we had a reservation and remained open for us. I loved that! The food was amazing and the service was GREAT! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.