Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel
601 First Avenue North Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Minneapolis-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: 6123121168x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday and Sunday: 6:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour in Releve Lounge: Nightly 5pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Fischer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cosmos Bar and Restaurant are available for private functions. The floor can accomodate up to 250 persons at one time in a reception style atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Richards 612-312-1834 x
A word from Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel is a sleek new restaurant & lounge serving contemporary cuisine. Chef Timothy Fischer's menus offer the finest flavors of traditional Midwest cooking, and feature a host of local products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- mat perlickmatyp18Dined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food prepared perfectly, wonderful service .very happy with my experience here I would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone down a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Hello, I was dissapointed with the quality of food at Cosmos this time around. We also had a little strange service. It is clear they are doing a pool type service, however we ordered the same drinks 3-4 times with 2 different people and had to make sure they weren't double ordering. The food i had was way too salty. Mushrooms app and risotto. The cocktails were good. Also on an aesthetic note the hotel name tags on everybody....looks a bit tacky. I can understand if it is a policy, i cannot think of another upscale place that has "corporate" style name tags.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I can't say anything negative about my experience. Great service. Perfect for any occasion, but especially a date or anniversary. Get the Scallops they are amazing.Special Features:
- MemorableLostintranslationDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time-- as always. Despite the pre-concert timing, the service & the food were first class.Special Features:
- OutstandingsalmplsDined on 7/11/2014Cosmos is consistently outstanding in food and service. It is a hidden gem. I have never had a bad experience here and this was no exception. The prices are comparable with other "hot" dining spots in Minneapolis, but with Cosmos, the food and service rises above those others! Great service and food with the presentations unbelievable!Special Features:
- Vastly improved serviceMSRK1937Dined on 7/11/2014I hope that memories of poor service from old days do not put people off from what is now one of the best places in Minneapolis, if not the best.een here 3 times, on strong recommendation from a friend. The first time, the food was excellent, but the service was apalling (it took an hour to be asked if we wanted a drink, then another 3/4 to be served). The second and third times, under new management, the food was even better than before, and the service was almost instant, and very good.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014We happen to catch a quiet evening when the hotel was just changing ownership. Staff was enthusiastic about the changes. Friendly. Helpful. Knowledgeable. Could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBobbiVIPDined on 7/4/2014Fabulous dining experience. Excellent service. Wonderful meal, perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- The following 840 reviews are from the Cosmos at Loews Minneapolis Hotel reviews archive.
- Hope Cosmos Remains the SamemobyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten at Cosmos many times over the years it has been in existence. It is consistently outstanding. Cosmos is the best dining experience in the Twin Cities. We certainly hope that the change in hotel ownership does not affect the superior quality of its major restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Thenstaff made our daughter graduation feel special!Special Features:
- Still a great place from dinnerPaulVinEdinaDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I love to go out for dinner on the rare special occasion we will go to a nicer restaurant like Cosmos. The food has always been tremendous. We typically have tried the tasting menu and include the wine pairing. The food is consistently good and there is always one or two wines that have delighted my wife and me. The only drawback is that while the food and service has remained top notch it has seemed to lose some of its draw. I don't know if it is because of the renovations going on with that block but when we last visited the restaurant was fairly quiet and no more than half full. That did not bother me in the least but if you are looking for where the crowds are going at this time you will need to look elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Cher concertmerrydinerDined on 6/11/2014My friend from St. Cloud and I chose Cosmos as our pre Cher concert meal place because of its location and good reviews. It was the 1st time either of us had eaten there. We were surprised and pleased to see a Pre Concert Set Menu at a very reasonable price. I ordered off that menu and it was all good with the tenderloin being melt in your mouth. My friend chose off the regular menu and was also pleased with her meal. The specialty cocktails were tasty. Matthew was an excellent waiter and the other wait staff were also very good. Well done! We will return.Special Features:
- theatrefishingbargeDined on 5/28/2014We chose your establishment when we got a coupon from our tickets to the theatre. We had a great waitress and server who were very attentive. We really loved the appetizer of three mushrooms on toast points. My wife's steak was the best. My duck was a little tough. Everything was great. We will certainly keep this place in mind when we come into town again.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!TheatregirlVIPDined on 5/27/2014We tried Cosmos for the first time before attending the Orpheum the other night. Everything was wonderful. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious with many extras that made the meal special. We tried two salads (the king crab and the butter lettuce) that the kitchen artfully split on each plate so we could try both of them. We also had the trout and the chicken with dumplings. Everything was delicious. For dessert we had the buttermilk pannacotta that was amazing. We will definitely return. Thanks for making it a special night!Special Features:
- Mother's Day at CosmosStumperDined on 5/11/2014Menu was price fix especially for Mother's Day with a three course offering. There were six choices for first (appetizer) course, six for entree course and two for desert. We have dined here on several occasions and never been disappointed. Dining room was quiet, so conversation was possible without shouting and wait staff was efficient, courteous and knowledgeable. We've always been very pleased at Cosmos and will probably go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shawbadVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were staying at the hotel and decided to have dinner at Cosmos.It was wonderful! we shared several small plates, each of which were fantastic. Great service and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and outstanding servicefoodloverDined on 5/10/2014While at Cosmos for dinner, we were waited on hand and foot. Our server steered us in right direction when we had questions and was never far away. The food was excellent and there was a good variety, but not a large or overwhelming menu. Whether you are into trying new things or not wanting to go too far out of your comfort zone, there was something for you. The only mar on the evening was an overly loud group that was in a more private area, but definitely not private enough.Special Features:
- Good, but . . .FoodieGurlVIPDined on 4/20/2014Cosmos was a great restaurant in the beginning. The service staff was attentive and flawless. The food was elevated and inventive. That was then, now, the food is good, but not inspired. The server staff is just okay. What was once a destination for dining in Minneapolis has somehow morphed into just another hotel dining option. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but it's not worth the drive from the suburbs, and it's certainly not as good as some of the other dining options that have proliferated in the years since Cosmos was new and exciting.Special Features:
- Beautiful place, great foodRGJTDined on 4/18/2014We shared a broad range of foods from the menu. Favorites were brussels sprouts with dates, risotto, duck, mashed potatoes, tuna appetizer, strawberry/apricot "shot" between courses, avocado ice cream, chocolate cake, lemon souffle, and New Zealand wine. Lovely evening. Tony, the manager, does a spectacular job.Special Features:
- Inconsistently good.SuzWoehrleDined on 4/16/2014As soon as we were seated, the host asked one of us if we wouldn't prefer to change seats. I thought it was odd that I was asked this twice but it led me to believe that the restaurant has a policy about how couples should sit at their tables. I asked for the whiskey menu and was told by our server that the restaurant serves only bourbon. I asked for the bourbon menu and the server said there was no bourbon menu, which confused me because there is an extensive whiskey menu on the website. My first impressions of my food were good but after several bites I found the food WAY too salty. Between the salting of the fish and the pork belly it just became too much. All in all I would have liked less salt in my entree and less pushy servers.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Great food. On par with all the other places like 112 etc. The bar downstairs is fun, mixology, very cool drinks. Make their own bitters and have all kids of fun stuff. Very reasonable for the kind of place it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Worst dining experience ever. The only enjoyable moment was my lobster eggs Benedict. Our other dish, French toast tasted like cardboard and was delivered cold without butter. The servers were disorganized and seemed clueless that they were working in a restaurant. They avoided making eye contact with any of the patrons, everyone waited a loooong time to receive at service or food. Restaurant looked pretty, it seemed like it was going to be a lovely breakfast.
- Great food before Target CenterTwinsmn1Dined on 3/23/2014Grabbed lunch at at cosmos before a T wolves game on a Sunday afternoon. They have an excellent drink menu, exceptional service and delicious small plates. We also got artisan bread, a small smoothie shot, and a small chocolate truffle complimentary. I would definitely dine at cosmos again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I came backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I came back to Cosmos for our anniversary after celebrating there last year. We had the same waiter, Matthew, and he remembered us! The cocktail I had (Wistful Thinking) was delicious and our meals were perfectly prepared. My favorite dessert, the buttermilk panna cotta, was still on the menu and was still delicious. Thank you for a romantic evening! We also had breakfast at Cosmos in the morning. The brioche French toast was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionJoyouslyDined on 3/15/2014Looking for a place wherewe could sit in peace, elegance, relaxing with great food for a special occasion. This was Daughter-Mother Occasion. Theatre first, dining after. This fulfilled the wants exceptionally - the wait staff was attentive but not overbearing, the food was fabulous from the wine choices, to the entire meal. It was discrete and a good experience including the valet parking. I have nothing but good to say about this experience. They know how to treat a customer.Special Features:
- Nice FindRobertDined on 3/1/2014Restaurant was recently redone. It looks great and will start your evening off just right. The food was great and the atmosphere outstanding.Special Features:
- Restrauant weekSCMmnDined on 2/28/2014Went for restaurant week. The menu was great as well as the wine pairing. Despite it being restaurant week, the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnergoodeaterVIPDined on 2/27/2014We had a delicious dinner here during Restaurant Week. They offer great choices for each course, as well as an Amuse Bouche and Intermezzo. Food is clearly prepared with great attention to detail, and it is both beautiful and tasty. We enjoyed the red wine that was offered to pair with the menu. It's not a bargain destination, but we find it well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Midwinter BreakanniebeeDined on 2/26/2014We stole away from a bitter winter for a sweet dinner at Cosmos. The staff was most welcoming despite our being 25 and 30 minutes late for our reservation, due to traffic (one0, getting lost (the other). The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant are on the fourth floor is stunning. Every element of our dinner was enjoyable, from the spicy amuse bouche to the decadent dessert. I particularly liked my risotto 1st course - would never have though of using a rice-vegetable dish like this as a first course. and the skirt steak I had as my main course was perfectly cooked and so tender. I rarely eat steak - certainly enjoyed this. I would recommend Cosmos to anyone who is interested in a fine meal in a beautiful location.Special Features:
- Outstanding food! Great service!helenDined on 2/26/2014Outstanding food! Great service! Beautiful place! Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014We dined at Cosmos to celebrate a couple of brithdays this past Sunday. What a cool venue -- and a deal too! For starters, I ordered Risotto. It was fabulous. Also tasted the Beet Salad and loved it -- fresh, crisp, with a zing of horseradish. For dinner, I had the Steelhead trout over lentils. Husband ordered the Flat Iron. Again, both were wonderful. Desert was a little sweet for me (a cute take on smores, layered in glass), but the rest of the table quickly cleaned their glasses. Transitions between courses also included a couple of tasting items... Wines pairings were both pleasant. We enjoyed sharing the red. Our server was GREAT. Very patient with our chatty table... always arriving promptly whenever we had a request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service inconsistentGardenofhopeVIPDined on 2/23/2014My husband and I ate during restaurant week--free valet parking is a nice bonus. Everything coming out of the kitchen is presented beautifully, and the ingredients and quality of cooking is also excellent. The service, however, is very inconsistent. Our server did not know much about the wine offerings--had to go and ask someone in the kitchen--and she appeared at odd times during the meal. She didn't check after the food was served by someone from the kitchen; we waited for our bill, although there weren't many tables. The service is generally quite slow--hard to figure out why when they are usually only half full. It's not a cheap meal--and the quantity of food is on the slim side. Quiet surroundings make for a peaceful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Romantic Dinner at CosmosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014My husband and I needed a romantic weekend and just decided to do it. We got a hotel in downtown Minneapolis and began looking at upscale dining for a special night out. I decided to book a reservation at Cosmos because Dara Moscowitz, a fave food reviewer of mine, said that Cosmos was "the only real restaurant in Minneapolis." This box is too small to adequately review this restaurant. I run out of characters every time. Here's the skinny. Tasting menu. Do it. With wine. With tip, it was $300. It's worth it. However, I wish they would stop serving Foie gras and veal. Even non-vegans have to agree that cruelty isn't "luxury," it's just wrong. Usually vegan, I ate the meat/dairy for my husband to enjoy the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosmos for business dinner occasionMickiDined on 2/20/2014The food was very cutting edge. Small portions, many selections. The service staff is amazing and very helpful. Very professional with many suggestions to help food decisions and alternatives to make the dining experience a good one. We ate there during a major snow storm, so it was quiet and easy to hold conversations. Lovely decor - felt very cozy while the raging storm lashed outside.Special Features:
- date night at cosmosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014Convenient location across from target center. Amazing tasting menu, attentive wait staff, cozy lounge areas. We enjoyed a romantic date here and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but bring your pocketbookPianomanDined on 2/15/2014Prices make this chi-chi place suitable for special outings. The menu comprises a few appetizers, a few "small plates," a few entrees and ample sides. Each of us chose an appetizer, two small plates and shared a side. We also got two fancy "free" morsels as palate cleansers. Small-plate scallops and lobster sampler were great. The cauliflower side seemed dry and crusty. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. No windows, so no view. Noise was high at first but eased after 45 minutes; hard surfaces accentuate the sound. Decor has new-age feel.The elevator from the underground garage was broken; workers led us through the laundry room of the attached hotel to stairs that led to the street, where we entered the main lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but we weren't blown awayMnplsfoodieDined on 2/14/2014We went to cosmos for their valentines day 4 course dinner and wine pairings. The ambience is great, five star feel, very exclusive. Most of the male guests were in suits or had a blazer on. They had a coat check which was nice. The bar area looked pretty happening. It was loud in there but not outrageous. The food was good but really not as amazing as we expected! We have had way better food from other resturants and at a much much lower cost. Cosmos was at best okay. I might go there for drinks someday but that's it. they had interesting palette cleansers etc but that was the only memorable thing . The valentines menu was nothing special. The wine pairings were good. Maybe their regular menu is better but I don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- bubbles!stlgal88Dined on 2/8/2014had an excellent girls' night at the new champagne bar. it was so fun for each of us to customize our glasses of champagne. so many different options! the food was just ok. we were so impressed by the friendly hostess and bartender, but the waitress was a little off putting. she seemed overwhelmed by the large group and spilled champagne. regardless she had some insight into the champagne list and gladly separated all of our bills, which we knew was a pain. we also received free cupcakes and chocolates! perfect for a girls' night, but maybe with a few less people (a group of 4 or 5 would be perfect!). I will be back with a smaller group.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasrdbikeDined on 2/7/2014Food was great, service was excellent. Our waiter was helpful and very pleasant. We will visit this restaurant again. The TV in the bar could be disconnected and would not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperienceBK15Dined on 2/7/2014I had the filet with a side of risotto, it was cooked perfect! Cool decor, and a great spot for a nice dinner. I will be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.