Cosmopolitan - Telluride
300 West San Juan Avenue
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cosmopolitan - Telluride
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmotelluride.com/
- Phone: 970-728-1292x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday @ 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Monday - Sunday @ 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Scothorn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Cosmopolitan offers a 32 seat wine cellar as a private dining room. The "Tasting Cellar" is available seven days a week with 48 hours notice.
- Private Party Contact: Alacia Gonzalez 9707281292x
- Special Events: Tasting Hour daily From 5pm-6pm with 50% off specials!
- Cross Street: San Juan Avenue and Aspen Street
- Public Transit: The bus and the gondola are available for free and stops in front of the Cosmopolitan.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is limited to street parking only. Parking meters are only enforced from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
A word from Cosmopolitan - Telluride
Once a grand saloon in the thriving mining camp of Telluride, The Cosmopolitan is now home to the fresh, innovative creations of Chad Scothorn, who has received national attention and praise for his original, fresh approach to food preparation. Serving dinner nightly, this elegantly simple 80 seat restaurant is located in the newly remodeled luxurious Hotel Columbia at the base of the Gondola. Known locally as "the Cosmo", the custom cherry wood bar is the perfect place to unwind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cosmopolitan - Telluride - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
Cosmopolitan - Telluride reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (35)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (23)hot spot (18)scenic view (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Love this restaurant!SpagrlDined on 8/29/2014Food was amazing and wait staff-particularly Eric were attentive. We will be back and as a local business owner, I always recommend Cosmo to those visiting Telluride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service excellent. I would highly recommend. Wine list very good with a knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I cannot think of a better restaurant to show off to my out of town friends and family the exquisite quality of food, service and ambiance than the Cosmo...our recent guests were blown away by everything. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent locally sourced mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Service and food were excellent. All dishes were locally sourced, fresh and perfectly prepared. The wine list is extensive and generally reasonably priced, but could use some more less expensive options. Dessert was tempting on the menu and delicious on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TellurideFoodJunkie1Dined on 8/25/2014Cosmopolitan is one of, if not the most consistent restaurants in Telluride. Always a GREAT meal! Starting with the home made bread, homemade Cesar Salad and Dressing, to Lobster corn dogs, soups, but especially their filet mignon. NO ONE does it better, in Telluride, or ANY PLACE else! The deserts are also to die for! A reason, why reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Unique menu with lots of flavor. Great for a nice night out. Anythinf from Sushi rolls and lobster corn dogs to start along with pork and duck for main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and servicejhfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The entire experience is always top notch. A must dine venue when in the telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nite for cosmosLulusDined on 8/16/2014Food was very good appetizer was good but it has been better chopped saled one of the best fish stew what I usually get when I go there very very good.Special Features:
- Average food for 1st time in yearsMbaflyboyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Three of our four items came out with issues in preparation. This was the first time out of many we've ever been less than thrilled with our meal here. I hope it was one nights lack of kitchen enthusiasm we won't see again. We even asked if the restaurant had been sold or the chef changed it was so surprising. Service was still very good and we will definitely still be back as we have had many exceptionally prepared meals.Special Features:
- Way too rich...outfordinnerDined on 8/10/2014The food is very good and well-prepared but everything is covered in sauce, butter or cream and way too rich for our taste. We did our best to make it heart-healthy but it was still too heavy. Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant in TellurideSunnyDined on 8/6/2014Cosmopolitan is my favorite restaurant in Telluride. The food and service are amazing. They have a wonderful cocktail menu full of interesting flavors and seasonal creations. The service is prompt, professional, and friendly. I usually get the fish stew but the sushi is awesome as well. The kids menu is fantastic and my son ate every bit of his steak and mashed potatoes and he is a bit of a picky eater. I cannot say enough good things about Cosmopolitan in Telluride.Special Features:
- Dining in TellurideParticularDined on 7/31/2014Very good food. Great service. The dounuts were worth every bite and calorie!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014This place does it right. Food was out-of-this-world with an imaginative and eclectic. The menu changes frequently and all of the ingredients are combined to create incredibly delicious dishes. I had salmon cooked to perfection. The seafood stew (eaten by my husband) was fresh and a perfect balance between the sea and land-based additions. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a culinary treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerFoodloverVIPDined on 7/28/2014I've been dining at Cosmo for many years. This will likely be my last meal there. The menu is rather boring. My beet salad was dry with no dressing,had a morsel of goat cheese and pine nuts. Salmon portion was small and tasteless. Sushi roll of salmon and yellowtail was delicious but way overpriced at $20,especially sine it wasn't really a roll with a mere 5 small pieces.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Cosmo is probably the best restaurant in Telluride. It is consistently good with imaginative menus and interesting, locally sourced ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining at Cosmo!samlongchefDined on 7/21/2014Our server, Ginger, was excellent, friendly, funny, and efficient. The food was delicious, and some of the combinations were quite impressive. The ambiance was cozy but cutting-edge stylish. The wine list was interesting. We loved our dinner. We will be back when we return to Telluride!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed CosmopolitanHelenSVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was my first trip to Cosmopolitan, and I will certainly go there again when I visit Telluride. Our group of 6 arrived for our reservation and were promptly seated. Our waitress, Kate, was extremely knowledgeable in regards to the menu, and the wine list. We had 2 wonderful wine choices. Our meals were all perfectly cooked, and delicious. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicePerpetualStudentVIPDined on 7/10/2014We've been going to Cosmopolitan for years and are never disappointed. Food was outstanding and service was attentive but not overbearing. We had the barbeque salmon and were blown away by the combination of flavors. I would recommend a stop here whenever you are in town. A bonus is that it is right across from the gondola, so very convenient if you are staying in Mountain Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good, year after year.AngusHopperDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints and is a go to spot each year on our Telluride vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May have been their off night.MikeVIPDined on 7/5/2014We come to Telluride at least 4 times a year, every time we dine at the Cosmopolitan. The service was great as usual, always make a reservation or you will have a wait. This time however the food was good, but not the usual fantastic. It could have been an off night for them, or it could have been us. We will definitely go back, once out of 20+ super good visits we can live with. I know next time it will again exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Telluridejs2236VIPDined on 7/4/2014Cosmo is absolutely the BEST restaurant in Telluride! We have been travelling to Telluride for over 15 years and Cosmo has been consistently excellent year after year. The food is always super fresh, deliciously prepared, and expertly presented. The service is always top-notch as well - very attentive and paced well. Servers are always knowledgeable about the menu, and all are well versed in the wine list as well. Thanks for another great evening, we'll see you again on our next trip for sure!Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerChicagoToddDined on 6/30/2014Wow....we almost always visit Cosmopolitan when we visit Telluride (we had our rehearsal dinner there when were married in Telluride). I had a really great octopus appetizer, and the super amazing tuna special with noodles and cream sauce. Man, they knocked that out of the park! Unfortunately we did have to wait about 20 mins for our first cocktail....and our group does not like to wait for cocktails.. ;-) The food really was outstanding this time.Special Features:
- OverpricedSouthernFoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014If you are going to charge such high prices, the food should be astounding. The lobster fritters were bland, with little lobster meat. The lamb was just OK and not worth $50. The steak and lobster were just OK but not worth the price. However, the sushi was very good and so was the salmon. I would not return based on the high prices and generally average food.Special Features:
- Everything I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Reviews we had checked prior to making the reservation were strong and this place certainly lived up to it! We were looking for a quiet restaurant to relax and enjoy a leisurely dinner - and they hit the mark! The service was excellent - great wine list! We had the lobster corn dogs as an appetizer - do NOT miss these. They were truly to die for!! light, crisp - excellent! We ordered four different entrees and all were exceptional! Cesar salad was wonderful as was the warm beet salad! Duck was wonderful (so the duck lover said!) The steak melted in your mouth - the scallops were heaven - and the salmon was amazingly fresh and perfectly prepared!! We skipped dessert - just too full!!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant was outstanding! The food and service were excellent. Great choices for meals. Wonderful wine selection. I celebrated my birthday here and the dessert was to die for. All waiter recommendations were perfect! I want to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in TellurideRun2eatVIPDined on 5/29/2014Telluride is a casual place which is one of its attractions. This is an elegant place, with a primarily sushi menu. Good wine and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never miss when in town!NannygoatDined on 4/5/2014We always eat here when we come to town. The whole experience never disappoints! It always impresses me that the person at the hostess desk really tries to accommodate your needs which I think sets the tone of the entire experience. Make sure you make a reservation early this resturant is always in demand. Everything is always wonderful but especially don't miss the "coffee and donuts" for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the Cosmopolitan - Telluride reviews archive.
- Staff Very HelpfulNapaVino1Dined on 4/4/2014I originally made my reservation for 6 but noted that I might want to expand to 10 on a busy Saturday night, the evening of the annual KOTO Street Dance. The staff was very accomodating, bringing another table up from the basement to accomadate my final party of 16! Everyone enjoyed the experience. This is my 4th time dining here and I find the food consistantly top notch.Special Features:
- A great place , we have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2014A great place , we have dined here many times and have always had Great Food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2014Menu was a bit limited. My steak was excellent but felt for my tastes my choices were either beef or salmon. I would have liked a larger entre menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Many kudos for an enjoyable and memorable meal. Outstanding Caesar salad and delicious entrees were Highlights. Great wine list, too.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at CosmoKathiRDined on 3/28/2014Have been to Cosmo many times, but the dinner that we had on the 28th was truly outstanding. There were 4 of us and we all thought that the food was superb and the service exemplary. Keep it up!!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!TrishaCDined on 3/26/2014Cosmo never fails on fantastic food and equally great service. Our server, Tiffan, kicked booty. It's our favorite spot in town, and we will always return. Thanks, Cosmo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and uniqueJillVIPDined on 3/25/2014We live in NYC and did not expect to find such great food in Telluride - this restaurant would be as popular in NY as it is here - we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and impeccableJihnsonVIPDined on 3/16/2014Great food and impeccable service. Had four young adults with us and Cosmo was so accommodating to them too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in TellurideRoxypepperVIPDined on 3/15/2014Cosmo was our best dining experience in Telluride. The warm beet salad with goats cheese was perfection. The lamb chops with polenta was superb and the striped bass dish was outstanding. Our waiter, Matt, was very professional yet friendly and made the whole experience a pleasure. If you can, get to Cosmopolitan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/12/2014Our family of 5 had dinner here two nights of our Telluride vacation. Food was amazing. The sushi rolls were wonderful. We love the calamari, too. Fish stew is always a favorite, and did not disappoint. One if our sons had surf'n turf, and loved it!! The fish special on 3/12 was outstanding- so fresh!!! The blueberry pie was amazing. Service was great.Definitely a favorite spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location and ambienceMorningtonDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant is well placed within yards of the gondola station, and has great atmosphere. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the food is excellent. My only complaint is that with so many excellent restaurants nearby, I think the prices are high and one get better value elsewhere.Special Features:
- Still a Great Meal, But...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2014We've been going to the Cosmo for years and years and it has always been one of the best meals in town. The restaurant always had this cozy and quaint atmosphere. While the food is still as good as ever, the ambiance of the restaurant has clearly changed with the most notable difference being the dining tables stuffed into what used to be the lobby. This isn't a deal killer by any stretch (especially if you've never dined there before) but it was just a bit sad to see this type of business decision made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant in Telluride!mrtjtDined on 3/10/2014Best meal we had in Telluride. Every restaurant was good, but this one is a notch above! Our server was also the best in Telluride. I had oysters and seafood stew, my daughter had duck salad and surf and turf. Everything was great along with Justin Cab. We also shared a wild blueberry pieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.