Cosmopolitan - Allentown
22 North 6th Street
Allentown, PA 18101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cosmopolitan - Allentown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ourcosmopolitan.com/
- Phone: 6104353540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 4:00pm - midnight (food served until 10:00pm)
Saturday: 4:00pm - midnight (food served until 10:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Cogan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 610-435-3540x
- Entertainment: Please check our website and facebook for live music announcements. DJ on the top two floors in Wave Nightclub (wavenightclub.com)
- Special Events: Accommodations for weddings, business meetings, cocktail parties or any other function. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more information.
A word from Cosmopolitan - Allentown
Cosmopolitan is located in heart of the Arts District in Allentown.The Cosmopolitan concept is simple – exceptional food and drinks coupled with outstanding service in a beautiful, classic setting. And with complimentary valet parking, it's the perfect opportunity to join us and be a part of something special!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Cosmopolitan - Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Cosmopolitan - Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (33)romantic (25)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Classy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014If I lived closer I would be at this place more often, esp the beautiful bar area. Every time I've dined there the food, drink and service have been excellent. This time it was a birthday celebration and they called to confirm and to find out what my husband's name was. When we got there there was a nice card on the table from the chef to my husband personally expressing his looking forward to making our night special. What a nice touch! Everyone working there was super - nice and attentive. The drinks were awesome, the food equally so. Everyone was very impressed (some had not dined there before). We had a GREAT time. I love being able to reserve on Open Table too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Hidden Gem in AllentownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014This is a five star restaurant you may not even know is there. Located downtown at around 6th and Hamilton, the Cosmopolitan boasts and outstanding ambience and a sophisticated menu. My husband and I are foodies, as well as self admitted wine snobs, and both the food and wine menus are impressive. We were a party of six, and the service was timed perfectly. If you are looking for a romantic and stylish setting with wonderful and creative menu selections, this is your place. An added bonus is the complimentary and speedy valet service. You are treated as a special guest in this establishment. We will definitely be back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back !FoodluvDined on 8/22/2014Excellent meal - no complaints! Will definitely be returning !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Foie gras was exceptional, Caesar salad wonderful. Scallops perfect, NY Strip (special menu) just a bit tough. Nonetheless, wonderful setting, food, and ambiance. Best restaurant in Allentown.Special Features:
- NeilRobin1Dined on 8/8/2014Definitely will return! Everything was delicious and far surpassed our expectations. The restaurant is beautiful. Thank you, Rebecca, for your helpful suggestions and tour! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- First TimedinnerdateDined on 8/7/2014This was my first time at the Cosmopolitan and I would definitely return. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. I was surprised that on a Thursday night there were only 5 other patrons but it provided a nice quiet backdrop for a great date night with my wife. I'm figuring that Music Fest was affecting the attendance but as I mentioned the food was amazing and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceJamieDined on 7/29/2014This is our fourth trip to Cosmopolitan - once for drinks, once for brunch, and twice for family birthdays. The staff always works hard to make sure the experience is special, and they are very attentive and take great care in dealing with any issues. The food is also generally quite good. The highlights from our recent dinner there were the grilled Romaine caesar salad and the veal chop.Special Features:
- Fantastic late lunchJeffVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have had dinner several times before which was very good. Lunch was even better. House made corned beef sandwich was perfect as well the fish and chips. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegantDonnaDined on 7/22/2014We are never disappointed at Cosmopolitan. The atmosphere is sophisticated, service impeccable, and food is superb. Valet parking is a treat and our car was waiting for us when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good...Butyank999VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good food and service, except they changed the menu and I was happy they took off some of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Always excellentg2eatDined on 7/16/2014The Cosmopolitan is always excellent. Never a bad meal. Appreciate the valet service. Waitperson attentive and courteous, although set down used knife back on table cloth rather than replace it with clean, or, at least, place it on side plate. No outdoor seating, yet, but informed by host that it is planned. Prices high, which is OK, but to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving restaurant market in downtown the restaurant should offer a broader menu with additional less expensive options. While the new restaurant around the corner (The Hamilton) was hopping with a full patio of patrons, we counted only 8 other seated customers by the time we left at ~ 9:00. It almost seemed a little matronly, rather than elegantly chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best showing, but okMrsKruseVIPDined on 7/10/2014We come here fairly often, and this week's visit wasn't their strongest. Food was good but not stupendous...they had changed their specials without updating their website, and our server kind of disappeared after our main courses were checked on (a runner cleared our table, brought us dessert menus, etc).Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBikergal50Dined on 6/13/2014We visit here every few weeks and as always the food and service never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticshubzDined on 6/11/2014Perfect venue for a 20 year anniversary. Our experience was great from the time we exited the car! Our server (Rebecca??) was truly attentive to us. Food was beyond fabulous. Many good wishes to the restaurant and staff with the downtown revitalization!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service for our anniversaryLeeEDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is very nice with beautiful interior. The valet attendants were cheerful and attentive. We had a reservation and were sat immediately. The tables were about 75% full. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The wine and beer list was extensive. We ordered the cheese & meat plate appetizer and it came with some great selections (very tasty). We both ordered the filet. She likes hers well-well-done and we made that request (asked for it to be butterflied to be sure). I ordered mine medium. Hers came slightly pink and my was a little too done. We sent hers back and it came back perfect. Our server was great, talkative and interested in us. He was very responsive to our table. Overall good meal, nice place.Special Features:
- Good DateBdonDined on 5/31/2014This is a good place to take a girl on a date. Service is excellent, food's not bad, maybe a little overpriced, but overall good place.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceStoliEliteDined on 5/29/2014Felt we experienced top shelf service and food to match. A bit pricey but the service and food is par with pricing so from standpoint it's a wash. Absolutely we will become frequent fliers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingMS22Dined on 5/18/2014The service and food don't really match the atmosphere that I imagine the restaurant is going for. I've been here twice for brunch. The food is just alright, but at the same time I don't necessarily think they overcharge either (you can get away for about $10-12 for a brunch entree) so I guess that works out. The service is pretty below average. The second time I went to Cosmopolitan, I tried to order the bottomless mimosa deal. The server informed the table that they wouldn't be offering the deal because "they were busy" that day. Seriously?? The decor is very nice and gives off an upscale feel but I've honestly had better service at McDonald's.
- Unbelievable find for this townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Went here to celebrate my daughters college Graduation. It was amazing to find a place Of this caliber in Allentown Pa. Or in this Part. They have free valet parking Which was nice as well. Too bad I found this restaurant her last year and not her First. We had brunch. Which was excellent But the lunch and dinner menu looks spectacular I'm sorry I don't live near bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but overpricedscotchontherocksVIPDined on 5/17/2014For the quality and service level. Especially the wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DiningjohnfDined on 5/11/2014Cosmopolitan offers the diner an outstanding experience from the time you get there until you leave. The friendly and helpful car valets welcome you and escort you to the entrance. The service staff is attentive, professional and not the least bit overbearing. The quality of the food will not disappoint anyone and the menu ensures tasty choices for any palate. As a "special event" destination you'd be hard pressed to find a better place. Our experience on Mother's Day was most enjoyable and we will return again soon. As a special note, Cosmopolitan offers Hess's famous strawberry pie on original Hess plates. I was in heaven with that dessert.Special Features:
- Great for Food and DrinksSmyley328VIPDined on 5/11/2014Service was bad, Food and Drinks were great. I'd come back for appetizers and drinks at the bar but not for an overall dining experience. Too many upper scale restaurants in the Lehigh Valley that have great service, for me to walk away from here feeling unsatisfied!!
- Mother's DayTrainerGalDined on 5/11/2014Took my mom there for Mother's Day. The food was very good; would have been excellent had it been hot and not just warm (brioche french toast and Chesapeake Benedict)! I really enjoyed the Blood Orange Mimosa. Our waiter was not very attentive. Always had to flag him down to get coffee refills. As to the ambiance - kind of blah. Not much decoration and not very colorful. We were on the ground floor and didn't see any of the other types of rooms so my comments are strictly for the area to the right of the entry. Still, we would return there and give it another chance as the food was quite good.Special Features:
- Nice time at bruncheveryonesgot2eatDined on 5/11/2014Took my parents here for brunch on Mother's Day. The service was slow but the bloody marys were fantastic and the food very flavorful and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Sunday brunch and the food was fair not great (they used deli meat ham instead of Canadian bacon on my eggs benedict). The service however is what really made it an unenjoyable experience. Our server was inattentive, didn't refill water, clear plates, ask us if we wanted another drink, or remember who ordered what. She also mixed up a virgin and regular bloody mary so I ended up with booze that I didn't want. The restaraunt wasn't that busy so unless it was her first day I'm not sure what the issue was. I tipped only 15% and I usually never tip less the20%.
- mother's daybigdaddy76Dined on 5/11/2014Our French toast was burned. The hostess did not speak with us as we were leaving. The strawberry pie was amazing, but the chocolate tower seemed stale. Great atmosphere but too many inconsistencies.Special Features:
- Great FoodevbuckspaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Was looking forward to coming here, we had a FABULOUS SERVER - BUT - the waitstaff was horrible. We never got our table cleared before Dessert - the other tables got cleared and were severed bread (as there were men at our table THAT was a big deal). I was disappointed by this, so will not be eating here again. The Bar yes as the Tenders there are GREAT!Special Features:
- Great family dinnerDiningFamDined on 5/9/2014The food and service was top notch. I would definitely recommend the Cosmopolitan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another disappointmentMCDORNDined on 5/7/2014This is the second time my wife and I tried Cosmopolitan and again we were disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful but overall food quality was poor. My wife order duck and it was overcooked. We had to wait on water - the waiter cleaned up our salad and took our forks but did not replace so when the food arrived he dropped it off and was gone - had to ask for forks. The desert was absolutely unacceptable - chocolate tower that was stale. Would not recommend nor will we ever go back. We were the only ones in the restaurant - now we know why.Special Features:
- The following 444 reviews are from the Cosmopolitan - Allentown reviews archive.
- Slow servicegleedah18VIPDined on 4/30/2014On a Wednesday night we were seated at 6:15 pm and then waited 20 minutes for a waiter to come to our table. She greeted us with, "Sorry for the confusion", and gave no explanation. The rest of our meal was served by several waiters, sometimes in pairs (training?). The food was very good, with the exception of too much garlic in our Caeser salads. The setting is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable ServiceDebbieDined on 4/30/2014Service was particularly good. They commented that they received our special request through Open Table. Food was great--prepared as requested. Substitutions were allowed. All around an enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful night outDVreeseDined on 4/29/2014We had a wonderful night out at Cosmopolitan. There was a nice selection of appetizers to choose from. We shared the meat and cheese selection. It was awesome. Next, our salads were great too. Dinner was so good, like an explosion of flavor in your mouth. I had the chicken entrée and my husband had the salmon. I could not get enough of the delish flavor. We would have stayed for dessert too, but we were out of time. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blast from the pastLaLaDined on 4/27/2014Loved the fountain, chandelier, and Hess's Patio Strawberry pie. Nice to see these items from the old Hess's. We grew up with that store- great brunch for our dsughter's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and good serviceShorti3844Dined on 4/25/2014I've been there a few times and they change their menu pretty frequently to keep things fresh. Food is great, service is great, and it's definitely a trendy place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKevinDined on 4/23/2014We've had the pleasure of having Nino as our server there multiple times and he never fails to bring 100% excellent service, which compliments the great food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Old AllentownMsJaneDined on 4/22/2014The location and ambiance are enough to bring me to Cosmopolitan over and over again, but the food and service seal the deal. Lovely place, great atmosphere, and I've never been disappointed by a meal. Nothing exotic, but straightforward American fare, very nicely prepared and presented.
- My Experience Easter Brunch 2014luv2dinDined on 4/20/2014My experience and that of my guests was superb meal and service. We would most definetly return..I have already planned to return with other friends for our birthday in the month of May.Special Features:
- Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was a very positive experience...very classy from start to finish... Service & food was very good. Menu was diversified & the pricing very reasonable. The men's room first class also. It has been my experience that first class establishments usually have first class restrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went - No regretsnoneDined on 4/20/2014This was our first time at the Cosmopolitan. My husband, who always has something to complain about when dining out, had no complaints here!Special Features:
- Good for birthday dinnerLVSocialiteDined on 4/18/2014My friends and I had a delicious time at Cosmopolitan for dinner. Quick derive and polite staff. We went upstairs to Wave Night Club afterwards and it was not busy, but a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.