Cosmopolitan - Allentown
22 North 6th Street
Allentown, PA 18101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cosmopolitan - Allentown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ourcosmopolitan.com/
- Phone: 6104353540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 4:00pm - midnight (food served until 10:00pm)
Saturday: 4:00pm - midnight (food served until 10:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Cogan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 610-435-3540x
- Entertainment: Please check our website and facebook for live music announcements. DJ on the top two floors in Wave Nightclub (wavenightclub.com)
- Special Events: Accommodations for weddings, business meetings, cocktail parties or any other function. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more information.
A word from Cosmopolitan - Allentown
Cosmopolitan is located in heart of the Arts District in Allentown.The Cosmopolitan concept is simple – exceptional food and drinks coupled with outstanding service in a beautiful, classic setting. And with complimentary valet parking, it's the perfect opportunity to join us and be a part of something special!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cosmopolitan - Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Cosmopolitan - Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (37)romantic (31)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- HoffhortDined on 10/24/2014A lovely experience, which we enjoyed prior to attending the symphony directly across the street. The staff was attentive to our need to leave in time for the event, and service correspondingly efficient, which we appreciated. We also like being able to make a reservation (there seems to be a trend away from this for parties of two), and also the fact that the valet parking extends to the whole evening, not just the time spent in the restaurant. This beautiful upscale dining spot is a welcome addition to the rapidly expanding Allentown dining scene.Special Features:
- Great findYeahDowntownAtnDined on 10/2/2014Had a couple last minute requests which staff took in stride for a really wonderful night out. Valet parking a plus. Will return again soon.Special Features:
- PerfectionDonnaDined on 9/27/2014We are always excited to go to the Cosmopolitan and are never disappointed. We brought another couple as a thank you and they were equally pleased. The s'mores dessert is delightful! I must mention the evening of August 9. We celebrated my parent's 65th wedding anniversary with a dinner party on the second floor. 27 people, from PA, NJ, even Southampton, NY. The cocktail hour was amazing, pulled pork on polenta, proscuitto, lime chicken skewers, to name a few. Every guest raved about the food, ambience, and service. Perfect creme brulee for dessert. It was an elegant evening that my parents will treasure forever! Kudos to Chef Cogan, you are a gem! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and getting betterGlennMillerVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was my second time at Cosmopolitan. The restaurant overall is great and an integral part of the wonderful new downtown scene in Atown. Only minor complaint is that the quality of service isn't quite up to the ambiance and food. Not "bad". Just amateurish at time. Well meaning younger servers who need to kick it up a notch to turn this into a near perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJFSBDined on 9/26/2014A pleasant surprise!! A jewel in Allentown. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRobertDined on 9/25/2014We had visited the Cosmopolitan last year for dessert and coffee and really enjoyed the experience. This year we visited for supper on my wife's 25th anniversary at Penn State. The whole experience was delightful and well worth the expense. We love the fact that Allentown has such an elegant, classy restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet qualityWarrenDined on 9/20/2014Had a romantic evening. Great food classy environment, attentive and not pushy staff. Had never realized that Allentown had a gem like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!!suburbfoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014We were a little hesitant to come for dinner before a show at the new PPL arena based on reviews from the prior concert but we were SO HAPPY as to the service we got and the food and drinks were really, really good. We are not from Allentown so we did not know what to expect but everything was perfect. The pasta was very good and drinks creative. The ambiance was as nice as any high-end restaurant in Philly or New York. When we commented about the concern we had based on reviews, we were told that they learned from the first experience and put everything in place so it wouldn't happen again- they sure did. What a delight. We will come here anytime we come back to AllentownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 9/16/2014CJ, Paulina and Nino were so friendly and accommodating. Nino always makes us feel special. The restaurant is beautiful, and owners offered VIP parking to the dinner guests. I saw a lot of people arriving for the bar but it was packed. So glad we had reservations. The meal was delicious! Special thanks for a great meal. We had fun and ate so well!Special Features:
- Event NightmareDSB68VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had reservations for 6:30 on a night that we were going to see a concert at 8 one block from restaurant. They had promised free valet service but when we arrived the valet was charging $20. We arrived at 6:20 and told the Mater De that we needed to leave by 8:45 to 8:50 at the latest. We were seated at 6:30 even though the table was empty. We were not given menus when we were seated and had to ask the waitress for menus and told her we had time constraints. She our drink order promptly. We got our drinks at 6:40. We got a salad to share and it came around 6:50. We then sat and waited. We got our food by 7:45 and informed the waitress we had to leave. We repeatedly reminded her and the manager of our dilemma during the hour we waited.
- OverwhelmedPickyDined on 9/12/2014Our reservation was for 6:15, we were seated at 6:45. One course arrived by 7:10. At 7:30 we left without our entrees because we had tickets for 8:00 concert. I think the kitchen could not cope with the number of diners. I suggest that they do not accept more that a certin number of reservations and walk-ins.
- concert night disasterriwennrDined on 9/12/2014this place was totally unprepared for opening night of the PPL center. service was non-existent until we informed the hostess that no one was waiting on us. one hour for drinks and bread. hour and a half for appetizers. food finally arrived minutes before we had to leave. food was not even cooked. whole experience was absolutely terrible. will not be going back on any holidays or event nights. may not ever go back.Special Features:
- OverwelmedDTWvisitorDined on 9/12/2014We were here for the opening night of the PPL Center with the Eagles Concert. Unfortunately the restaurant was NOT prepared for the number of parties that were dinning. We had a 6pm reservation, which we thought was plenty of time to leisurely dine before the 8pm concert. Boy were we wrong. I don't believe the restaurant ever had as many guests dinning, and did not appropriately staff the kitchen and service staff. The concert started on time, so we missed whatever the opening remarks were and the first two songs. The management did comp our drinks, for the delay. I think Cosmopolitan could get higher ratings on a non event night, but not sure we will be doing that any time soon, as we will about an hour away.
- Disappointing pre PPL Arena eventfoodfan18Dined on 9/12/2014Went to Cos Fri eve 1st time pre-concert & opening night of PPL Arena. Looking forward to a great meal & evening. Reservation for 6PM, told waitress we needed to be out by 7:30 for the 8pm show. Took a long time for 1st & 2nd drinks. Had to ask for water refill, S & P. Appetizer & salad took long time to arrive. Waitress at 7:10 apologized for the wait and said she had asked the kitchen to hurry our meals. Entree's came at 7:25. Wolfed them down and was out by 7:40 with others going to the concert who were complaining about the restaurant wait, some who got there at 5:30. Food may have been OK but with the wait became unenjoyable. Disappointing for a place that is highly touted. It should have been ready for busy pre-show crowd.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We had reservations for opening night of the PPL center. In spite of how busy downtown was we were seated early, our server was very professional, and the food was prepared perfectly. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Eagles pre-concert dinnerJeffVIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything was great on this very busy night. First, they anticipated our arrival and gave us a booth as requested. We both ordered the shrimp and scallop resotto. Fanarastic. This is our sixth visit to the Cosmopolitan and we have never been disappointed. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Negotiating Restaurant MisstepswinendineDined on 9/12/2014We had a great meal but a few missteps nearly ruined the evening. We had a 4:30 reservation for 4. On the way to the restaurant, they called to tell us that we would be split & seated back-to-back. I told the caller that this was not acceptable. They found a table for 4. When we arrived, I was told that free valet parking now cost $20. I objected and the manager gave me free self parking. When I pointed out that the bottle of wine the waiter was presenting was not what I ordered, he said he couldn't find the right one. He went back to talk to the manager who found the one I ordered. I don't expect to need to negotiate services like these from a restaurant of this calibre.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceSLAMDined on 9/6/2014Truly one of the best service experiences I have ever had. The ambience was wonderful, enjoyed the beautiful bar before dinner and loved the half price drinks before 6 pm. Would go back again just to spend an hour at the bar and have half price drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBikergal50VIPDined on 8/30/2014As always dining at Cosmopolitan is a great experience. Delicious food and excellent service. Looking for a great meal in Allentown? Check out Cosmopolitan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy placeDrPurrDined on 8/30/2014If I lived closer I would be at this place more often, esp the beautiful bar area. Every time I've dined there the food, drink and service have been excellent. This time it was a birthday celebration and they called to confirm and to find out what my husband's name was. When we got there there was a nice card on the table from the chef to my husband personally expressing his looking forward to making our night special. What a nice touch! Everyone working there was super - nice and attentive. The drinks were awesome, the food equally so. Everyone was very impressed (some had not dined there before). We had a GREAT time. I love being able to reserve on Open Table too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Hidden Gem in AllentownWineFan2Dined on 8/30/2014This is a five star restaurant you may not even know is there. Located downtown at around 6th and Hamilton, the Cosmopolitan boasts and outstanding ambience and a sophisticated menu. My husband and I are foodies, as well as self admitted wine snobs, and both the food and wine menus are impressive. We were a party of six, and the service was timed perfectly. If you are looking for a romantic and stylish setting with wonderful and creative menu selections, this is your place. An added bonus is the complimentary and speedy valet service. You are treated as a special guest in this establishment. We will definitely be back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back !FoodluvDined on 8/22/2014Excellent meal - no complaints! Will definitely be returning !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Foie gras was exceptional, Caesar salad wonderful. Scallops perfect, NY Strip (special menu) just a bit tough. Nonetheless, wonderful setting, food, and ambiance. Best restaurant in Allentown.Special Features:
- NeilRobin1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Definitely will return! Everything was delicious and far surpassed our expectations. The restaurant is beautiful. Thank you, Rebecca, for your helpful suggestions and tour! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- First TimedinnerdateDined on 8/7/2014This was my first time at the Cosmopolitan and I would definitely return. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. I was surprised that on a Thursday night there were only 5 other patrons but it provided a nice quiet backdrop for a great date night with my wife. I'm figuring that Music Fest was affecting the attendance but as I mentioned the food was amazing and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceJamieDined on 7/29/2014This is our fourth trip to Cosmopolitan - once for drinks, once for brunch, and twice for family birthdays. The staff always works hard to make sure the experience is special, and they are very attentive and take great care in dealing with any issues. The food is also generally quite good. The highlights from our recent dinner there were the grilled Romaine caesar salad and the veal chop.Special Features:
- Fantastic late lunchJeffVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have had dinner several times before which was very good. Lunch was even better. House made corned beef sandwich was perfect as well the fish and chips. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegantDonnaDined on 7/22/2014We are never disappointed at Cosmopolitan. The atmosphere is sophisticated, service impeccable, and food is superb. Valet parking is a treat and our car was waiting for us when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good...Butyank999VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good food and service, except they changed the menu and I was happy they took off some of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Always excellentg2eatDined on 7/16/2014The Cosmopolitan is always excellent. Never a bad meal. Appreciate the valet service. Waitperson attentive and courteous, although set down used knife back on table cloth rather than replace it with clean, or, at least, place it on side plate. No outdoor seating, yet, but informed by host that it is planned. Prices high, which is OK, but to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving restaurant market in downtown the restaurant should offer a broader menu with additional less expensive options. While the new restaurant around the corner (The Hamilton) was hopping with a full patio of patrons, we counted only 8 other seated customers by the time we left at ~ 9:00. It almost seemed a little matronly, rather than elegantly chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best showing, but okMrsKruseVIPDined on 7/10/2014We come here fairly often, and this week's visit wasn't their strongest. Food was good but not stupendous...they had changed their specials without updating their website, and our server kind of disappeared after our main courses were checked on (a runner cleared our table, brought us dessert menus, etc).Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the Cosmopolitan - Allentown reviews archive.
- Great as alwaysBikergal50VIPDined on 6/13/2014We visit here every few weeks and as always the food and service never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticshubzDined on 6/11/2014Perfect venue for a 20 year anniversary. Our experience was great from the time we exited the car! Our server (Rebecca??) was truly attentive to us. Food was beyond fabulous. Many good wishes to the restaurant and staff with the downtown revitalization!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service for our anniversaryLeeEDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is very nice with beautiful interior. The valet attendants were cheerful and attentive. We had a reservation and were sat immediately. The tables were about 75% full. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The wine and beer list was extensive. We ordered the cheese & meat plate appetizer and it came with some great selections (very tasty). We both ordered the filet. She likes hers well-well-done and we made that request (asked for it to be butterflied to be sure). I ordered mine medium. Hers came slightly pink and my was a little too done. We sent hers back and it came back perfect. Our server was great, talkative and interested in us. He was very responsive to our table. Overall good meal, nice place.Special Features:
- Good DateBdonDined on 5/31/2014This is a good place to take a girl on a date. Service is excellent, food's not bad, maybe a little overpriced, but overall good place.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceStoliEliteDined on 5/29/2014Felt we experienced top shelf service and food to match. A bit pricey but the service and food is par with pricing so from standpoint it's a wash. Absolutely we will become frequent fliers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingMS22Dined on 5/18/2014The service and food don't really match the atmosphere that I imagine the restaurant is going for. I've been here twice for brunch. The food is just alright, but at the same time I don't necessarily think they overcharge either (you can get away for about $10-12 for a brunch entree) so I guess that works out. The service is pretty below average. The second time I went to Cosmopolitan, I tried to order the bottomless mimosa deal. The server informed the table that they wouldn't be offering the deal because "they were busy" that day. Seriously?? The decor is very nice and gives off an upscale feel but I've honestly had better service at McDonald's.
- Unbelievable find for this townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Went here to celebrate my daughters college Graduation. It was amazing to find a place Of this caliber in Allentown Pa. Or in this Part. They have free valet parking Which was nice as well. Too bad I found this restaurant her last year and not her First. We had brunch. Which was excellent But the lunch and dinner menu looks spectacular I'm sorry I don't live near bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but overpricedscotchontherocksVIPDined on 5/17/2014For the quality and service level. Especially the wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DiningjohnfDined on 5/11/2014Cosmopolitan offers the diner an outstanding experience from the time you get there until you leave. The friendly and helpful car valets welcome you and escort you to the entrance. The service staff is attentive, professional and not the least bit overbearing. The quality of the food will not disappoint anyone and the menu ensures tasty choices for any palate. As a "special event" destination you'd be hard pressed to find a better place. Our experience on Mother's Day was most enjoyable and we will return again soon. As a special note, Cosmopolitan offers Hess's famous strawberry pie on original Hess plates. I was in heaven with that dessert.Special Features: