Cosmo Tapas Restaurant
4200 Central Ave. S.E.
Albuquerque, NM 87108Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Cosmo Tapas Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmotapas.com/
- Phone: 5052320535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm with bar/lounge seating available until midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Cecilia Kido and a new Chef to be announced
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We also do off-site catering from a small luncheon to a large party. Our specialty is a whole roasted pig and Cornish hens plus your choice of sides and desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room accommodates up to 60 people and can be used for private events. Many corporations have celebrated their holiday parties here. We also have weddings, birthdays, bachelorette parties up to 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Cecilia Kido 5052320535
- Entertainment: We have a variety of groups such as: Saudade-Brazilian jazz; Paid my dues-blues; LP Saxx-Latin jazz; Flamenco por Derecho- Flamenco dance show; Los Radiators- oldies; No Regrets- jazz and others. We also have Salsa Night on Tuesdays and Jazz on Fridays.
A word from Cosmo Tapas Restaurant
The Albuquerque Journal gave us its highest rating a few months after we opened, the first time they gave that rating to a new restaurant in 20 years. Come for the food and you will also enjoy the upscale contemporary décor, the full bar/lounge, and the patio. The perfect place in upscale Nob Hill. We serve "tapas" (small plates) with European, Asian, and South American influences and a great selection of entrées for a wonderful dining experience. Tapas are the essence of an entrée, not fillers. A second review "An Affair to Share" highlighted the social nature of tapeo (eating tapas). We invite you to taste the foods we prepare with love and with the best ingredients- including our Albuquerque the Magazine award winning scallops. If you cannot decide which ethnic restaurant to go to, visit us- our motto is "taste the world". Enjoy our very specially selected wines and drink creations our bartenders/chef team won second place in the city! Our entertainment is great.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cosmo Tapas Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food but they are closingJandJDined on 12/20/2013We had a good time and the food was very good, but we were told that they were going out of business and were closing in 2 days.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but it's closingJaveDined on 12/19/2013Cosmo Tapas was a unique restaurant with great food. I went with three friends from ABQ that had never heard of the place and we all loved it. Neighborhood gem, but closed Sat., Dec. 21 for good. A loss for the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to be more prepared...DeltoroVIPDined on 12/18/2013I asked for wine and they said they only had two out of several they had in the list. The churros with no cinnamon are not too good.Special Features:
- In love with the SangriaYrisDined on 12/12/2013Thank you for amazing service. Although the PR night was cancel the appetizers and lovely sangria was as always divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointedFrankieDined on 11/16/2013The portions were small. the paella took longer than predicted, and it was just okay. OUr companions dish came out way behind the paella and was burnt on top.
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/13/2013One of my favorite restaurants in Albuquerque. Always try to dine here when in town for a few daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2013everything was pleasant, food was very good, but was expensive for the size of the portions. we ate in the bar because of some wine tasting talk in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently a greatTerriDined on 10/15/2013Always consistently a great dining experience which is why I keep coming back and introducing family and friends to this restaurant. I and another member of our party had dined here, and sure missed the Cosmo potatoes (fingerlings). The wine flight was a wonderful selection of wines, but would prefer an alternative dinner flight instead of or in addition to the Sherry flight.Special Features:
- We found this restaurant oncarolineDined on 10/12/2013We found this restaurant on opentable, great reviews so thought we would check it out. Didn't look much from outside but we were glad we did went in. Great service and good food. Recommended if you like tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise for out of towners.visitorsVIPDined on 10/5/2013Nice surprise for out of towners. Loved the music, soft and beautiful. This was a great find for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent. OneTerriDined on 9/7/2013Consistently excellent. One suggestion - offer more than one wine flight selection (as before). Spanish wines in only flight offered were so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisine & experience!katarfVIPDined on 9/5/2013Don't ignore this gem of a restaurant during your visit to Nob Hill! Venture just a little east of the "main drag" and you will be incredibly rewarded with some of the finest cuisine in Albuquerque. If you can bring yourself to limit the number of tapas you order (an extremely hard task -- it took us years to build up the restraint, the tapas are that good), you'll find the main dishes (paella, marsuela) most excellent too. Add a well-considered wine list and friendly service, and it's a restaurant experience worthy of the best of San Francisco, New York or Europe. Truly, a favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the right noteCosmosFanDined on 8/8/2013That strange place between energetic yet adult atmosphere, the caipiranha cocktails were excellent. The food was well prepared, tasteful, not too much, and the timing and expertise of the server (Stephen) was exceptional. I took my husband there as a surprise for his birthday, and he was smiling the whole evening. Who can ask for more? Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapas!CosmofanDined on 8/2/2013I love that Cosmos has true Spanish tapas!! So yummy and very affordable.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedMosesVIPDined on 6/15/2013We were underwhelmed by Cosmo. Our fish tacos had quite a large bone in them that nearly peirced my tongue. After that there wasn't much that impressed us.
- Great findRSueDined on 5/31/2013Nice ambiance, good food, good wine - we will definitely be back to try more of the tapas!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2013My favorite restaurant in Albuquerque. Superb authentic tapas food served with aplomb Don't miss this dining experience if you have any time to spare in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like Cosmos as we have beenCMinABQVIPDined on 5/22/2013I like Cosmos as we have been there several times. The food is good but not great. The owner is always very nice and hospitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! These folks knowCLJAKOVIPDined on 5/15/2013Great place! These folks know how to make Spanish tapas - some of the best we've had. And, the prices, as well as the wine list, are extremely reasonable. Must stop if visiting the area. Very rustic and plain -- but you don't eat the décor!Special Features:
- Yum -YumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2013Our Gals night out had such a great meal here! We tried and shared many of the Tapas! All were so good! Nice place to catch up with friends and enjoy the World class food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My group of five had wineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013My group of five had wine and a multitude of different tapas along with dessert, not only were choices great, there were quantities for everyone to taste, and the pricing was very reasonable. I would recommend if you are not in a hurry and want to enjoy an evening of dining to try Cosmo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ours was a large group celebratingChanceDined on 4/26/2013Ours was a large group celebrating a graduation. Service was awesome and the food beautifully presented. Excellent beers on tap. We enjoyed trying a range of tastes and dishes. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent food with personalWhinefanDined on 3/29/2013Excellent food with personal touches by the owners.Special Features:
- Excellant service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Excellant service and the food presentation, taste and preparation matched. The owners made it a point to visit and talk with customers which is a nice touch. The prices were very reasonable. Will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013We ate at Cosmo Tapas on March 9, 2013 with friends and the food was delicious - this is probably the best restaurant in Albuquerque. If you like Jaleo in Washington, DC., you will love Cosmo.Special Features:
- Everything about this restaurantTerriDined on 2/26/2013Everything about this restaurant is great! The paella was terrific and worth the wait (which was explained to us when we ordered it). My only suggestions are to expand the selection of wine flights and the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Go on a week night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013I have been to Cosmo's several times recently, though most of my visits have been during the week when it is not as busy. This time we went on a Saturday when they were having a flamenco show in the other room. The noise level was so loud that we had to scream at the waitress to order. The food was good but not nearly as good as on the week nights that I've been. I am guessing it's because the kitchen was slammed. Our server took every tapas order our group placed, which was around 8, to one of the other tables then finally ended up at ours. This resulted in some of the dishes being a little on the cool side temperature wise. I really like eating here though I will choose to stick to going on week nights when I got better service.Special Features:
- This dining experience wasHappyDinerVIPDined on 2/16/2013This dining experience was excellent. The food was delicious and the wait-staff incredibly attentive. I would recommend this restaurant whole-heartedly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant was very good and they went out o their way to make the experience enjoyable, the waiter could have used some work.. But otherwise it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Nice GemFDDiningExperienceVIPDined on 2/14/2013We are always looking for a unique no franchise restaurant with incredible and different food. We found it at Cosmos! I was actually surprised at the portion for tapas, I thought they would be smaller. Owner was rounding on the tables and greeted us when we arrived telling us about the new and exciting items for the night. Nice touch. We have told friends and family. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent food and outstanding service. I highly recommend this restaurant.
- Excellent night with sexualYrisDined on 2/7/2013Excellent night with sexual topic. However, it was hard sometimes to listen above the crowd, I think a better sound system would have enhanced the experienced of the topic.Special Features:
- Great nob hill gem...QueenCofPDXDined on 1/19/2013My husband and I love Cosmos Tapas. We don't know their daytime scene, but their nights there are great!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING tapas dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013I went there with a group of 10 people. The tapas dishes were outstanding! We tried a good variety of items on the menu and everything was wonderful and prepared perfectly, a total feast for the senses! I loved the Sangria, and the service and hospitality was excellent. Wonderful fresh decor and ambiance. I love tapas and try to find tapas places in every city that I travel. I would place this restaurant at the top of my list!Special Features:
- The restaurant was wonderful.FoodsnobVIPDined on 1/18/2013The restaurant was wonderful. Great spanish food and wonderful service . Would definitely go back when we visit Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Enjoined the food. The scallopsNevadaJLWDined on 12/14/2012Enjoined the food. The scallops and lamb chops were outstanding.
- Excellent tapas and winesGodofredoVIPDined on 11/23/2012Excellent tapas and wines to accompany. We had superb empanadas, as good as any in Latin America. The iberico hams, cheeses, chorizos and other tapas items were beautifully presented and of the best quality. Service was attentive and professional. Definitely worth a detour.Special Features:
- We went in with a large groupTatianaDined on 11/17/2012We went in with a large group and our servers were AMAZING! Everyone was super attentive to us and made sure everyone was taken care of. Guillermo has a wonderfully-run place and we will be coming back for more! :)Special Features:
- My favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012This is by far my favorite restaurant in Albuquerque. I always feel welcomed when the owner Guillermo comes to say hello, every single night I have dined there. The waiters are knowledgeable, fun, friendly and very enthusiastic about their place of employment. If you go on a night when there is live music, you're in for an extra special treat! Being a Puerto Rican woman in ABQ, I am very grateful for the Puerto Rican nights they host sharing our wonderful delicacies with the rest of the city. It's the only place in the city that I know of you can enjoy PRican food and they do an excellent job!Special Features:
- Loved It!QueenCofPDXDined on 10/20/2012We love this place. Great food. Nice people. Entertainment abounds. What more could you ask for on date night!Special Features: