Cory Weeds Cellar Jazz Club
3611 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6R 2B8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Cory Weeds Cellar Jazz Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cellarjazz.com/
- Phone: 6047381959
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:30 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Terry McCormick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Cory Weeds Cellar Jazz Club
In 12 years Cory Weeds' Cellar Jazz Club has established itself as not only the top jazz venue in Vancouver, but as one of the top jazz clubs in the world. In an ambitious undertaking, club owner Cory Weeds bought the establishment in the summer of 2000 and quickly turned it into the premier jazz venue in Vancouver. The focus of the club was to promote Vancouver and Canadian jazz musicians. The room has seen visits by every major player from the Vancouver Scene and across Canada. In addition Weeds has brought in many of the major names on the international scene to the club either with their own band or more often then not, to join forces with the best that the Vancouver jazz community has to offer. Some of these international musicians to perform include David 'Fathead' Newman, Tom Harrell, Charles MacPherson, Benny Golson, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Ed Thigpen, Kenny Garrett, Les McCann, Scott Hamilton, Joey Defrancesco, George Coleman and Eric Alexander.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cory Weeds Cellar Jazz Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- Outstanding performance.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013The May 24th show was fantastic. Top performers, great audience, nice ambience. Will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musical delightcitygirlDined on 5/17/2013Performance of Ms. Grace and her group was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressRWDVDined on 5/17/2013I normally tip 20% or more. The service was so bad that I did not provide any tip. We were ignored by our server (though when we did receive any attention, she was pleasant). She hovered over my shoulder when I was paying the bill to see what tip I would give her. I am certain she was angry that I gave her no tip, BUT we had no effective service.Special Features:
- Such a great clubjustgoodtimesDined on 5/12/2013Cory Weeds Jazz Cellar is such a great place to be with friends, enjoy great food, and be energized with music. They are kid friendly so help provide a musical experience with your family and get to the cellar Had such fantastic time on Mothers Day with the family and kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening jazz nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We were seated at a high table for two which gave us a perfect sight line to the stage. The servers were very friendly, the service of both food and drinks was very good and the food tasty.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Delight!spiritofanuDined on 5/12/2013Such a treat for me on Mother's Day! Two hours of smooth jazz, elegant High Tea menu - quite adequate amounts for the four of us, sparkling raspberry champagne, wonderful ambience - great art to look at. I would recommend this experience to anyone seeking a unique Mother's Day memory. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Jazz, Disappointing MenudasProDined on 5/9/2013Although the full meals were probably good enough, the snack menu left much to be desired. There were a couple of cheese dishes however, the type of cheese changes and with no idea what one is to expect disappointment predominates. There are several oddly named dishes and it is anyone's guess what will appear when ordered. The fee for these entry level snacks is not trivial given that you are putting out $10 each for the cover; therefore, I expect more for my hard earned snack dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great night and thelilbitDined on 5/9/2013It was a great night and the music was terrific. Holly Burke put on a great and energetic show. The ambiance is perfect for a jazz show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWShortyVIPDined on 5/4/2013Another fabulous evening of jazz. If you are a jazz enthusiast, this is the place for you. The Miles Black Octet was "outstanding". Cannot wait for their next performance. This is a night of music, if you are wanting to visit and talk, NOT for you. Food is secondary to the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013Had the usual great night out at The Cellar! First and foremost is the music of course and the ambiance of the cosy club but the service was excellent and the menu which has been updated is varied and is always good! 4 stars for everything!wASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went for the jazz and atejazzDined on 5/3/2013I went for the jazz and ate because there was a minimum. Food served a bit cold and fairly bland, but ok considering it's a jazz nightclub.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the musical venue.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013I enjoyed the musical venue. I was very lively and energetic.Special Features:
- Great venue, atmosphere, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Great venue, atmosphere, staff and kitchen! Management was flexible to accommodate the specific needs of our group. Bravo, Jazz Cellar!Special Features:
- Great ambiance, seriouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2013Great ambiance, seriously funky, & excellent music. Food was somewhat disappointing but expectations may have been too high.
- Jazz junkies!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013Great jazz and a wonderful place to spend a couple of hours!Special Features:
- cold dry foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013VERY great jazz ..........good...have been away for 4 months....food was the worst I have ever had at your club...kitchen changed for the worst....it used to be pretty good...food came out fast like from a buffet,...tasted like it ...salmon was cold and dry...beans rice dry somewhat cold… butter sat on top of salmon and not melting…..pretty lousy…..gf just smirked and didn't eat hers.......looking at the plates on various nearby tables lots looked dry and lifeless...mussels looked good as had warm sauce... I like a warm sauce on everything....anyhow I loved the music…and will come back but may eat first if bringing date….I liked your menu last year and other years… I think speed of service is not as important as quality ……with plate and
- We always have a fabulousGrace5Dined on 4/26/2013We always have a fabulous time at The Cellar Jazz. It has a wonderfully warm and intimate feel to it. Very relaxing and comfortable. It is really the only good Jazz place in town... Sharon BrownSpecial Features:
- Great show by The Twisters,niceQueetzalDined on 4/22/2013Great show by The Twisters,nice room to see a bandSpecial Features:
- Love the BIG bands. DanielShortyVIPDined on 4/21/2013Love the BIG bands. Daniel Hersog Jazz Orchestra is a nice addition to the Jazz Scene. The music was great. He is a trumpet player, composer and bandleader of exceptional talent and he has a wonderful presence when in front of a crowd. We hope to see more of him and his orchestra in the future.Special Features:
- Although not really a bar,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Although not really a bar, this place is a gem in Vancouver, not only because it provides live jazz and blues 7 nights a week, but also because the music is of extremely high calibre and it is a club where you can go to actually HEAR the music - respect for the musicians and what they are doing is expected. Like a concert in a supper club setting, with a relaxed atmosphere. Let live music live.Special Features:
- One of North America's topOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013One of North America's top 100 jazz clubs - never disappoints.Special Features:
- really good evening out goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013really good evening out good music. tactful service that didn't interfere with the music. food just okSpecial Features:
- Another great evening of Jazz.ShortyVIPDined on 4/16/2013Another great evening of Jazz. Tuesdays is no cover, cheap beer. A great combination! The tribute of Sonny Rollins was fabulous, again, a full house. Tuesdays is also the one night there are no rules, so talking is "OK". If you are going for the music, be aware, noise included. Staff do a great job of keeping up with requests. Food is not bad, not great, yet.Special Features:
- A nice cozy place to listenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013A nice cozy place to listen to some intimate jazz. Locals and imports. Food is OK but not why you go. Good service and good feel.Special Features:
- This is an excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013This is an excellent place to enjoy world class jazz with an attentive and quiet listening crowd. The wine list is very good and the service is excellent. The food however is fair at best. The featured Salmon was prepared with red beans and rice. The Salmon was somewhat dry being slightly overcooked. There was no sauce to accompany the fish and required much wine and water to consume. The crabcakes were very dry and the accompanying sauce was a small spot of mayonaise. The shrimp were small and unremarkable. The wine was excellent. I would suggest sticking to appetizers and the great wine/beer list.
- If a fine meal in a hip atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013If a fine meal in a hip atmosphere listening to world class jazz musicians do their thing is your idea of a great night out-Cory Weeds' Cellar Jazz Club is THE place to go in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Great tribute to Ross. TaggartOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Thanks to the Cory Weeds Cellar staff for all you do to bring wonderful live music to us at an affordable price. A Vancouver treasure. We appreciate your insistence on no talking during performances. We come early to order dinner and chat before the show.Special Features:
- Another fabulous evening ofShortyVIPDined on 4/6/2013Another fabulous evening of jazz. The great Sax player, George Coleman, from New York, came to pay tribute to one of Vancouvers wonderful jazz musicians, Ross Taggart, who passed away last year at a much too young an age. You could hear a pin drop while the music was playing. The audience was so into the music of this quartet. Kudos to Miles Black, Jodi Proznik & Jesse Cahill. Outstanding! This is the spot for anyone who likes to listen to great jazz played by our own talented group of musicians plus the great guests that Cory brings in from Canada and the USA.Special Features:
- Great night excellent venueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Great night excellent venue to listen to fantastic jazz
- Music takes centre stage. How nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013A rare thing theses days, a wonderful music venue where audience members are quiet and the music takes centre stage. The food is OK, nothing special, but the service and atmosphere are great, and being able to just listen to live jazz is a treat. If you are going with a large group make sure that everyone knows it is a listening venue.Special Features:
- Great service and music -JohnVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great service and music - food is OK and they do keep adding choices.Special Features:
- very limited choice, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013very limited choice, very ordinary dish and the dish I ordered has only 2 small pieces of chicken. How is that going to fill up my stomach ? the 3 pc dinner from kfc will beat this hands down.
- Great, friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2013Great, friendly atmosphere. The Capilano University big bands were amazing. It was quite crowded due to the large size of the bands, however everyone was accommodating and worked around the congestion.Our wine was excellent and the food very good. We ordered the 3 dip appetizer which was excellent but required more bread.The overall ambiance was fantastic and I would highly recommend this club to anyone.Special Features:
- A wonderful nite of jazz.ShortyVIPDined on 3/30/2013A wonderful nite of jazz. Vibes a great new addition to the jazz scene. We certainly hope to see the multi-talented Craig Scott on Vibes again soon.Special Features:
- The Jazz Cellar is THEEEEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013The Jazz Cellar is THEEEE place to hear jazz in Vancouver. The ambience is everything you imagine in a jazz club and the food is great. Patrons have come to listen to the music so only low key conversations. Even the larger birthday groups, tone down when the music starts. The groups are diverse and top quality. Cory Weeds Jazz Cellar is a gem!Special Features:
- Amazing Jazz and belgian beer mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013the jazz was second to none and I have experienced the hottest jazz scenes around. Much to my surprise, the long table seating was no barrier to a fantastic time. This Jazz gem was also a great meal and the Belgian beer on tap was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very mediocre-commonpeopleDined on 3/29/2013The food is very mediocre- but certainly not bad. But really, you're not coming here for the food anyways. The band was fantastic, the room was hopping- we'll definitely be coming back!
- Amazing burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Went with my hubby to see the Goodfoot 5 featuring Karina Morin. We arrived at 7:30 and were quite hungry, so we ordered the Hamburger and didn't expect to have such a huge plate. The hamburgers were the best and the fries were awesome. This meal with 1 large glass of beer was more than satisfying. Together with the groove-jazz music was a real hit!Special Features:
- Great spot for jazz loversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Jazz Lovers this is the place to go to. Great vibe in this cellar lit with tons of candles. Wine list ok, food is good and service was super friendly. Don't expect to have deep conversations during the shows, you are there to enjoy the amazing musicians.Special Features:
- fabulous place - went forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013fabulous place - went for the music but the food and the wine are excellent and the ambiance and art second to none!Special Features: