Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
4000 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldcoastcasino.com/dining/cortez-room
- Phone: 8003315334x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Cino Jr, CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
Exuding an atmosphere that is at once classy and casual, the Cortez Room is perfect for a pleasant evening spent enjoying fresh seafood, steak, prime rib, and more. Generous portions of prime rib, steak and seafood make this dining room an exceptional value. An informal, yet warm and comfortable atmosphere contribute to this dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (43)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (21)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Second time this tripLocalDinerDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed this restaurant several nights ago and back again we come. The food and service are always wonderful and even when full the restaurant is very peaceful and quiet. You can actually hear each other talk!Special Features:
- JerryDined on 9/4/2014Excellent as always - we've been dining here since the restaurant opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLocalDinerDined on 9/2/2014We have been here many times when visiting Las Vegas. It has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Dinner at Cortez RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great service! Did not feel rushed at all. We both has the ribeye steaks..perfect! We had so much to eat, neither of us could finish. Totally enjoyed the whole experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- Cortez roomvegasbabetheF00DIEDined on 8/30/2014I had won a free dinner for 2 at the Cortez room at the Gold Coast casino, while playing in a slot tournament. They gave me a voucher for up to $100 to spend for dinner for 2. The prices were so reasonable that we were only able to use $73 of it. My dinner for 2 turned into a dinner for 3, with the 3rd person paying only $32 for a great meal. From the ribeyes to the short ribs to the bacon wrapped shrimp....everything was cooked to perfection. All 3 of us left full and satisfied, with no room left for dessert. We also all agreed that we would return to this nice, reasonably priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dodo50Dined on 8/28/2014Our experience was excellent. we will be sure to bring out of town visitors. The food was terrific and the service was great.Special Features:
- the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014our waiter sean was excellent at his job, he maid us feel welcome and totally at ease.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinnerhiking1013Dined on 8/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed out dinner at the Cortez Room.Special Features:
- Classic menurachelDined on 8/20/2014Eating at this restaurant in Las Vegas is like going back to the 60's or earlier. The menu doesn't veer into anything modern. The salads are your basic iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, with no fancy dressings offered. That's fine. It is cold and crisp. We always get the prime rib, because, where else in this end of Las Vegas can you get a nice, albeit somewhat fatty, chunk of beef, as rare (or not) as you requested for under $20. It is always too much food, so it's hard to finish the accompanying potato side.
- Small/cozy atmosphere and good foodQuietfanDined on 8/19/2014Menu not very imaginative. But, food very good. Filet was cooked exactly as ordered and all deserts were excellent. Overall.....food and atmosphere was very comfortable at a reasonable cost. Service was "efficient"....however, our waitress had the personality of a lump of clay. Maybe she was just having a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceGunnerDined on 8/17/2014Dinner on Sunday the 17th was good. We were seated in just a few minutes. Our party of four all decided on the house specialty of Prime Rib. I ordered the "Cortez Cut" and it was big to say the least. All things considered, I should have stayed with the smaller cut like my friends had. There's were all much more tender than mine. I had a lot of scraps on my plate after the meal was done. Fat etc. The baked potato was good as was the salad. The breads were just so-so. Not hot or fresh, just dinner rolls.. Drinks were good and a bit pricy but such is life. The tab for the night with tip came to $103.00 for all of us. That's really good. I would go back but I'd rethink the cut..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatVegasgalDined on 8/17/2014We went for dinner and it was a very charming experience. Everyone was overly nice. The food was delicious, a bit salty on the chicken oscar, but plenty of it. The soup was yummy, beef and veggies homemade soup, and the breads on th table were warm and fresh.Special Features:
- billnpegrDined on 8/10/2014We visit the El Cortez Room each time we visit Las Vegas which is 3-4 times per year. The food, service and setting are great. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLovetodineoutDined on 8/6/2014As usual the food was excellent as was the service. Always enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, yet againLocalDinerDined on 7/30/2014We were on our 50th Anniversary Memory Trip to Nevada and California and were eating out nightly. We have eaten here for years and always found it amazing. We love it so much that we ate here once at the beginning of the trip and another time at the end of our trip. I have to say the last night was the best ever. My husband's prime rib was done to perfection and my chicken dish was awesome. I ordered a Caesar salad that was probably the biggest in memory. Service was impeccable but not overdone. And when the bill arrives, my jaw always drops. It is the most reasonably priced fine dining place I can recall. The restaurant is located in the Gold Coast Hotel which is off the Strip a it but worth the travel.Special Features:
- First VisitSQUAREHEADDined on 7/27/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. The 22 oz prime rib juicy and favorable. My wife had the chicken breast stuffed with cab and it was dome very well by the cooking staff. Order the mushrooms you won't regret it.I wish the mixed green salad pieces had been served with smaller pieces, but that's minor. The room its self is clean, quiet and understated, but comfortable. I wish it were open for lunch. It would be the kind of place one could go for a one on one business meeting. When we were there, there were no children probably due the prices. I consider that a plus. There is a lighter outer dining area which might be improved with a piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRoseyDined on 7/22/2014The food was average. Cooked very well and was tasty. I ordered the special for that night which was steak (sirloin) and two very small lobsters. My complaint was with our waiter who was slower than molasses. Have no idea where he would disappear to but he would be gone for a very long time then come back and apologize and then disappear again. Everyone else seemed very efficient and attentive to their customers including the OTHER waiters and waitresses and there assistants. We have gone there many times and this was our first bad experience. We will go back again but will request a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LocalDinerDined on 7/21/2014Have dined here at least once on every trip to LV for about 10 years. The food is always wonderful and is VERY reasonably priced. The wait staff has been very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Prime rib was tender and portion size was just right. Price is really reasonable $16 for a 10 oz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 7/20/2014Our first time dining experience was exceptional. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the service was outstanding. We will certainly be returning to the Cortez Room.Special Features:
- AmazingAmazingDined on 7/12/2014The food was great. The staff was awesome, especially our waiter William.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale?LetsEatOutDined on 7/8/2014Restaurant was unaware of crab special offered on Open Table. They looked it up on website and honored it with a FULL Crab Leg meal...above and beyond. Unfortunatedly, Crab was average at best. Steamed clams were overcooked and returned. Prime rib was very tasty. Service was l good by all staff, but overal dining experience wasn't as good as it used to be and there's no ambiance.
- Nice Surprise!drammaDined on 7/4/2014We had a lovely evening here. Reservations were easy, fast, and accurate. Our table was ready when we arrived--set beautifully with peach colored tablecloths, stemware and silverware. The hostess greeted me by name, and our waiter was efficient and friendly. The food was AMAZING for an affordable price. This will definitely be on our agenda for our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is an extremely great value, service is great. Diversified menu. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvVegasRetroDined on 6/20/2014I requested a quite back table, most of the time when I have a special request it goes unnoticed . When I got there I was asked to see the table amazing. Servers were great. Food was excellent . Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinoyDined on 6/20/2014Food was great. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- BANANASDined on 6/17/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT ALONG WITH THE SERVICE AND AMBIANCE.Special Features:
- Unbelievable!justoKVIPDined on 6/13/2014Truly a hidden gem of a restaurant inside the Gold Coast Hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spotMemereLasVegasDined on 6/13/2014Our granddaughter was in town for a seminar, staying at the Gold Coast. She has multiple health problems that preclude her from doing a lot of walking, so we thought the Cortez Room. It proved to be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daneoDined on 6/11/2014Dinner for 2 Got seated immediately. My friend had the large cut Prime Rib. He said it was the best prime rib he ever had. I had the Large cut rib eye steak. It was excellent and cooked to order.Special Features:
- Great placeFoodlover55Dined on 6/6/2014I love this restaurant. The service and food are always consistently great.. I come here every time I am in town...Special Features:
- Night at Gold Coast1MariposaManDined on 6/6/2014Two nights of pleasant dinners with competent service from start to finish. Food was cooked to order and good presentation!Special Features:
- Prime rib is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014They offer great service and good food. We were a large party and they serviced us like we were a party of 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iris is AMAZING!TnTnLvDined on 6/4/2014the Cortez Room is slightly above the cost for a regular dinner night out, so I would recommend dining here for a "special night," or that once a month meal that is a cut above. If you go, be sure to ask for Iris; Iris has a wonderful and welcoming personality and works to ensure your dining experience is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Live CortezMisterLucky7Dined on 5/29/2014A most enjoyable dinner. Great steak, tender with flavor. Classic meal and I added Asparagus which was a perfect addition. I chose a Pinot Noir which was perfect for the meal. Not a heavy wine thanks to being somewhat young. Will be recommending this steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceWestpeoriagolferDined on 5/25/2014Had an early reservation as we had show tickets. Was seated on or before time of reservation. Both of us ordered the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly and very good. Had wanted the lobster steak special but sirloin steak not our favorite so we added a lobster tail to our prime rib dinners and then shared it. Salads with blue cheese dressing was good as was the baked potato and mashed sweet potatoes. Servers were very attentive. The price of the meal was a lot lower then other "fine" dining restaurants we have gone to in the past. Would definitely go there again and recommend to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- luvtherbDined on 5/21/2014As a visitor to Las Vegas, I have been coming to the Cortez Room since 1990. The roast beef dinner is a great value on their menu. the portion that is delivered to your table almost falls off the plate. The meat is tender, juicy and served hot out of the kitchen. The meal comes with bread, salad, entre including a vegetable. The wait staff is very professional. Reservations are required, and you are seated almost immediately, upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great meal!PopcornjoDined on 5/16/2014This was my second visit to the Cortez Room. Once again, the food was very good, service was excellent and prices were reasonable. Thanks again!Special Features:
- FoodJohnDined on 5/11/2014We ordered the special prime rib and found it mostly fat..Special Features:
- Best kept secretnotarydiDined on 5/5/2014Outstanding food at very reasonable prices. Excellent service from the hostess to waiter and bus staff. Quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Celebrated a friend's anniversary. It was just perfect. Thanks Cortez Room for an awesome evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.