Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
4000 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldcoastcasino.com/dining/cortez-room
- Phone: (800) 331-5334
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Cino Jr, CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
Exuding an atmosphere that is at once classy and casual, the Cortez Room is perfect for a pleasant evening spent enjoying fresh seafood, steak, prime rib, and more. Generous portions of prime rib, steak and seafood make this dining room an exceptional value. An informal, yet warm and comfortable atmosphere contribute to this dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (47)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Prime RibVegasVicDined on 11/4/2014My family and I have been dining at the Cortez Room for over 50 years. We go back to the days of the El Cortez. We usually celebrate birthdays there, its a family tradition. I celebrated many times in my 20's and this time it was for my 70th. Always good service and superb food. Of course the bone-in prime rib has always been my first choice and I've never been disappointed. This time was no different.... the best in Las Vegas by far. The Cortez Room is a hidden gem and I will be back for my 80th birthday (If not before) Keep up the good work!!!!Special Features:
- FantasticLetsEatDined on 11/3/2014If you love French Onion Soup and Prime rib then this is the place to go. Best in the World.Special Features:
- Great meal less moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014A great place to get a great meal without high prices.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I have been coming here for years, I live far out of town but when here I will always try to have dinner here. This trip I was celebrating a double birthday , myself and a niece born on my birthday . We had 17 people in our party and none were disapionted . If I lived here I would be a regular visitor.Special Features:
- What a find!2inloveDined on 11/1/2014Ok it was off the strip and I was a bit apprehensive. I WILL go back. Best prime rib to ever touch my lips! My travel agent recommended. She will be getting a tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cortez Room at Gold CoastGregFDined on 11/1/2014Our server "William" was awesome. Prime rib was excellent.Special Features:
- Good ValueVegasFindDined on 10/26/2014I have dined there several times over the years. Good Restaurant.Special Features:
- A Very Good MealHowardJDined on 10/24/2014Cortez Room is still a great value restaurant for that special occasion. With good prices on the prime rib and other specials you can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- LuckyFindInVegasDined on 10/22/2014This was our second time dining in the Cortez Room and the Filet Mignon was once again cooked as ordered and had a very good flavor. The three of us enjoyed our large salads with homemade blue cheese dressing. One of us had the garlic mashed potatoes and loved the flavor, one had french fries and I had the hefty baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives and real bacon bits. The bread basket was full of excellent pretzel rolls, fresh baked bread and homemade cheese crackers. Our waiter provided excellent service! We will definitely eat there every time we are back in Las Vegas! One of us had the Creme Brulee and said it was wonderful!Special Features:
- GarryDined on 10/22/2014Terrible experience Although the menu said potato was included with the filet, I was charged for it, $6and the salad that was supposed to be included was $8 The filet, at $32 was away over priced for the quality of the meat...very fatty inside, Been brining folks here for years, but was my LAST visit!!! Never again!!!
- BirthdayMomshappyDined on 10/17/2014Had a very nice time. Was my Mother's 76th birthday and she enjoyed it very much. They brought her a dessert and didn't make too much of a fuss as she requested,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local YocalTMC720amDined on 10/10/2014Cotez Room is our choice for Steak and Prime Rib for Business, Family, Occasions or a Quiet Romantic Experience. Good Food, Service, Convenient and Comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old customer returnsCrossword1Dined on 10/8/2014This is still a great restaurant just as I remembered, excellent prime rib, great service and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Lucky1Dined on 10/5/2014Whenever we come to Vegas, we always visit the Cortez Room. Best Prime Rib!!!!! We took another couple for their first time and they loved the food as well! I ordered the Prime Rib "Blackened". It has a spicy crust......delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 70 Years10atthetableDined on 10/4/2014Ten of us sat down to celebrate a birthday. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. They made us feel welcome. The food was very good ranging from prime rib perfectly done to lovely pasta dishes. Certainly we all agreed we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/20147 of us for diner, the light above our table was broken, so it was very dark. food took about 45min to come out, my mom got the prime rib, and she got food poising form that or the horse radish. the table next to us was super loud and noisy.Special Features:
- A hidden gemad5pgDined on 9/29/2014The Cortez room is a hidden Las Vegas Gem. A great steak and seafood house, at incredibly reasonable prices, but the quality is top shelf all the way. Service is incredible and ambiance is very nice. Don't let this one slip away from you.Special Features:
- Just as I remembered itMooMooMommaDined on 9/19/2014Haven't been here in many years. Still has good food. Only 1 mishap with an order, otherwise very good food and service. If I return to Vegas, I would not hesitate to eat at the Cortez Room again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been good beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Service was ok for first part then went to pot. Food was terrible, prime rib was tuff and lot of grilse. Made rest of meal unpleasant.
- greatkimmhilDined on 9/19/2014Food is always fantastic. Nice quiet and peaceful. Great for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time this tripLocalDinerDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed this restaurant several nights ago and back again we come. The food and service are always wonderful and even when full the restaurant is very peaceful and quiet. You can actually hear each other talk!Special Features:
- JerryDined on 9/4/2014Excellent as always - we've been dining here since the restaurant opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLocalDinerDined on 9/2/2014We have been here many times when visiting Las Vegas. It has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Dinner at Cortez RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great service! Did not feel rushed at all. We both has the ribeye steaks..perfect! We had so much to eat, neither of us could finish. Totally enjoyed the whole experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- Cortez roomvegasbabetheF00DIEDined on 8/30/2014I had won a free dinner for 2 at the Cortez room at the Gold Coast casino, while playing in a slot tournament. They gave me a voucher for up to $100 to spend for dinner for 2. The prices were so reasonable that we were only able to use $73 of it. My dinner for 2 turned into a dinner for 3, with the 3rd person paying only $32 for a great meal. From the ribeyes to the short ribs to the bacon wrapped shrimp....everything was cooked to perfection. All 3 of us left full and satisfied, with no room left for dessert. We also all agreed that we would return to this nice, reasonably priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dodo50Dined on 8/28/2014Our experience was excellent. we will be sure to bring out of town visitors. The food was terrific and the service was great.Special Features:
- the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014our waiter sean was excellent at his job, he maid us feel welcome and totally at ease.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinnerhiking1013Dined on 8/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed out dinner at the Cortez Room.Special Features:
- Classic menurachelDined on 8/20/2014Eating at this restaurant in Las Vegas is like going back to the 60's or earlier. The menu doesn't veer into anything modern. The salads are your basic iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, with no fancy dressings offered. That's fine. It is cold and crisp. We always get the prime rib, because, where else in this end of Las Vegas can you get a nice, albeit somewhat fatty, chunk of beef, as rare (or not) as you requested for under $20. It is always too much food, so it's hard to finish the accompanying potato side.
- Small/cozy atmosphere and good foodQuietfanDined on 8/19/2014Menu not very imaginative. But, food very good. Filet was cooked exactly as ordered and all deserts were excellent. Overall.....food and atmosphere was very comfortable at a reasonable cost. Service was "efficient"....however, our waitress had the personality of a lump of clay. Maybe she was just having a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceGunnerDined on 8/17/2014Dinner on Sunday the 17th was good. We were seated in just a few minutes. Our party of four all decided on the house specialty of Prime Rib. I ordered the "Cortez Cut" and it was big to say the least. All things considered, I should have stayed with the smaller cut like my friends had. There's were all much more tender than mine. I had a lot of scraps on my plate after the meal was done. Fat etc. The baked potato was good as was the salad. The breads were just so-so. Not hot or fresh, just dinner rolls.. Drinks were good and a bit pricy but such is life. The tab for the night with tip came to $103.00 for all of us. That's really good. I would go back but I'd rethink the cut..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatVegasgalDined on 8/17/2014We went for dinner and it was a very charming experience. Everyone was overly nice. The food was delicious, a bit salty on the chicken oscar, but plenty of it. The soup was yummy, beef and veggies homemade soup, and the breads on th table were warm and fresh.Special Features:
- billnpegrDined on 8/10/2014We visit the El Cortez Room each time we visit Las Vegas which is 3-4 times per year. The food, service and setting are great. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLovetodineoutDined on 8/6/2014As usual the food was excellent as was the service. Always enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, yet againLocalDinerDined on 7/30/2014We were on our 50th Anniversary Memory Trip to Nevada and California and were eating out nightly. We have eaten here for years and always found it amazing. We love it so much that we ate here once at the beginning of the trip and another time at the end of our trip. I have to say the last night was the best ever. My husband's prime rib was done to perfection and my chicken dish was awesome. I ordered a Caesar salad that was probably the biggest in memory. Service was impeccable but not overdone. And when the bill arrives, my jaw always drops. It is the most reasonably priced fine dining place I can recall. The restaurant is located in the Gold Coast Hotel which is off the Strip a it but worth the travel.Special Features:
- The following 199 reviews are from the Cortez Room - Gold Coast Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- First VisitSQUAREHEADDined on 7/27/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. The 22 oz prime rib juicy and favorable. My wife had the chicken breast stuffed with cab and it was dome very well by the cooking staff. Order the mushrooms you won't regret it.I wish the mixed green salad pieces had been served with smaller pieces, but that's minor. The room its self is clean, quiet and understated, but comfortable. I wish it were open for lunch. It would be the kind of place one could go for a one on one business meeting. When we were there, there were no children probably due the prices. I consider that a plus. There is a lighter outer dining area which might be improved with a piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRoseyDined on 7/22/2014The food was average. Cooked very well and was tasty. I ordered the special for that night which was steak (sirloin) and two very small lobsters. My complaint was with our waiter who was slower than molasses. Have no idea where he would disappear to but he would be gone for a very long time then come back and apologize and then disappear again. Everyone else seemed very efficient and attentive to their customers including the OTHER waiters and waitresses and there assistants. We have gone there many times and this was our first bad experience. We will go back again but will request a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LocalDinerDined on 7/21/2014Have dined here at least once on every trip to LV for about 10 years. The food is always wonderful and is VERY reasonably priced. The wait staff has been very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Prime rib was tender and portion size was just right. Price is really reasonable $16 for a 10 oz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 7/20/2014Our first time dining experience was exceptional. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the service was outstanding. We will certainly be returning to the Cortez Room.Special Features: