Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria
137 Bannatyne Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0R3Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.corrientes.ca/
- Phone: 2042195398x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10.30pm, Saturday: 3 pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria
A pizza culture like no other in the world thrives on Corrientes Avenue, Buenos Aires.Now on Bannatyne Avenue, WinnipegContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We booked our reservation through you but when we got there the restaurant was closed. I even got a confirmation email stating that the reservation was confirmed. I'm not sure if it's your error or the restaurants, but either way very frustrating.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 8/30/2014Our pizza was excellent, service attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- A couple of issuesrenaDined on 8/30/2014The food was generally good but when one makes a reservation the my expectation a better table would be provided. We were provided with a table that was right near the bar and kitchen an in the path of the server. Upon our arrival we immediately asked to change to a booth but were told it was reserved for another party??? Next time I would make a note in Open table to be assigned a booth. Overall it was good bout service slowed down near the end to the point we had to cancel dessert in order to make it to Wicked in time. Apparently there was a problem with the kitchen?? Food is good, ambiance is lovely.
- Corrientes on SaturdaylotsofboysDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely evening - fun, friendly knowledgable server and excellent food. We will be back. And a lovely Uruguayan wine as well.Special Features:
- JoyceYoungDined on 8/28/2014Good food but horrible service. I was very surprised considering they seem to be affiliated with hermanos and carnival and I have eaten many times at the other two and always had great service and food. But for my first time at corrientes I wasn't impressed. I will try again though, and hopefully the service on another night will be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteful & cheerfulMegustaDined on 8/26/2014Excellent pizza and a liitle bit of Argentina in the Exchange. A great spot before or after a concert or the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-soBlueJean16Dined on 8/22/2014Bad service, although they did their best it was a comedy of errors. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Amazing Pizza!PizzaLoverDined on 8/20/2014This place has amazing pizza. There are a few options to choose from and all the flavors together are outstanding. Love the homemade thin crust wood fire flavor. My favorite was the Corrientes with the chicken and roasted garlic. Huge amounts of cheese! You can also split your pizzas half-and-half...great way to sample more than one. If you save room for dessert try their homemade ice cream. The night we were there it was Oreo ... the best Oreo ice cream I have ever tasted. You really have to visit this place if you are in Winnipeg.Special Features:
- PegburbDined on 8/15/2014Jennifer was very attentive and pleasant. Enjoyed the outdoor patio without a lot of traffic it was very relaxing. Enjoyed the fabulous food. The pizzas are a pleasant mix of flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Based on our Mon. night experience.LarryDined on 8/11/2014Loved being able to be outside - nice patio! It was a quiet night inside and out...service was attentive but not intrusive...helpful about menu items, ideas, etc. Food was good/very good. Drinks were great...watermelon campirinha (?) was "refreshing".Special Features:
- Fruit fliesDiabloDined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent, food tastes great. But they have a serious fruit fly problem. We were shooing the little flies away from our food the whole time. I mentioned it to the manager, who blamed it I havin the front door propped open all night. I thought it was a lane excuse because there were no other bugs in there. Plus he didn't offer any discount or gift card or anything to make it right. He said he was waiting for the place to close so he could deal with them. Poor management. We won't go back.
- Restaurant was closed.SoniaDined on 8/4/2014My reservation was confirmed for the evening of August 4, 2014. We arrived to find the restaurant closed and dark. The phone message said nothing about being closed. Someone should get their act together.
- No Eat Winnipeg Here!!gandsDined on 7/28/2014This pizza/empanada joint should never have signed on to Eat Winnipeg - especially considering that it takes bookings through Open Table, which makes no accommodation for pre-booking Eat Winnipeg orders. Imagine our dismay when we turned up here for the first time ever, having chosen this restaurant for an Eat Winnipeg experience, only to be told we were supposed to have pre-booked our meals (!) We were even MORE dismayed to find that the regular menu contained only pizzas and empanadas - nothing LIKE the courses advertised under Eat Winnipeg. HOWEVER, Management was extremely accommodating; the ambience here - both indoors and out - is lovely; and the pizzas we chose were very good. Wine list (by the glass) is quite limited.Special Features:
- Poor serviceWontbebackDined on 7/16/2014In my party, one person ordered a mild Caesar and another person ordered a medium Caesar. The waitress mixed these drinks up when serving. She specifically told us she would put one straw in the mild and two straw on the medium. Both arrived with two straws. They also forgot our appetizer of bruschetta. She apologized after they brought our pizza.Special Features:
- sroefinDined on 7/12/2014We were early diners and a mob. The attention for the children was amazing and the courteous servicew for adults was lovely. Most were out of towners and new to this place. So a wonderful evening for us all.Special Features:
- yummy but too loudpegcitymamaDined on 6/28/2014The service and food were great, but the noise level of the place took away from the experience. Between the cold and loud ventilation and the level of the music, it was hard to relax and have a nice dinner out. I would go there again as a pre-event meal, but not for a nice romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- Another down town Winnipeg hit!NancyDined on 6/22/2014Great food and a simple atmosphere. Got to try the potato salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerry and MarcyMarcyDined on 6/21/2014In our opinion,is there any restaurant better for us? I think not!Special Features:
- Just okYumtumDined on 6/21/2014Group of friends were looking forward to trying corrientes. Needless to say, none of us we're impress with the service and food. Pizza was standard. Empanadas we're ok not great. Waitress forgot drinks and refills many times. Food was slow to come out. We were afraid we would miss our concert. None of us will return.
- Unbelievably bad treatment!!!!SaraDined on 6/19/2014After 1 hour and 20 minutes our party of four was asked to move to stools at the bar because they needed our table!!! We hadn't finished our second bottle of wine or been served our desserts. We cancelled dessert and went elsewhere for special coffees and dessert and where we were treated like royalty.
- PalezuluDined on 6/14/2014This was the second time we enjoyed Corrientes, and won't be that last, even if the soccer broadcast put a bit of a pall on our visit this time. Great pizza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service - fresh food!TNorgetDined on 6/13/2014We had never been to this restaurant so we made a reservation online, which was convenient. We were given a table by the window which was nice, but each of the three sections of the restaurant has an ambience. The service was outstanding and very friendly, and the salad and pizza we shared was very good. It was nice to have an innovative menu to choose from, and the pizza sauce was homemade and very tasty. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and will come again ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Went for a nice casual dinner. Service was great! Highly recommend the Chivito Canadiense pizza - it is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 89 reviews are from the Corrientes Argentine Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Easy dining in character settingFoodieFromTheNorthDined on 5/17/2014Comfortable warehouse setting with its brick & timber structure. Menu is simple & not overwhelming with options so decision-making is making is simplified. There's something for everyone to choose from: from basic toppings to interesting combinations. South American wine options are well matched for the food selection. Server was attentive and very helpful with the menu & wine pairings. Ambiance is casual so great for families, friends or couples. Definitely worth trying and makes it on the return visit list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The highlight of the visit was definitely the pizza. We had the Manitoba and Chivuto Canadiense and were not disappointed. Even with the thin crust versions, my wife, our two kids, and I were satisfied and had some leftovers to take home. The ability to have a different order on each half of your pizza provides more opportunity to sample the menu options. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong orderGCMUFCDined on 5/17/2014They got our order wrong not once but twice, after they fixed it we where already fullSpecial Features:
- For us, there is no other choiceMarcyDined on 5/13/2014Whenever we attend a play, Corrientes is our first stop. Our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightwinnipegisawesomeDined on 5/9/2014First time here, it was very good. We shared a pizza and tried an empanada. The wine list was nice and short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014THis is the thirs time at this place and has been a excellent ON ALL 3 OCCAASIONS.Special Features:
- Pretty goodglassesgirlDined on 5/2/2014We ate here just after they opened and loved the empanadas - sadly the quality has declined. I found the pastry tough & the fillings not as tasty as I remembered. The ambience was great though, and the service friendly - next time we'll just have to have the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Was with a group of 4 where each ordered a different kind of pizza. All were very good and toppings were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014My friend and I had supper before the play at MTC. The salmon and pollo empanadas were very tasty. The bread of the empanadas were done to perfection.Special Features:
- Meh? Pizza nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014For such a prime location (Theatre District) the food is only mediocre.
- Great Foodrhonda707Dined on 4/4/2014The pizza was delicious we tried a few different kinds and all was truly an experience in eating. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience...CdoubleDDined on 3/27/2014Overall experience was wonderful! Wine fabulous! Service awesome! Ambience outstanding...thank you for the experience.Special Features:
- BlandAnonDined on 3/26/2014At our table, there were 5 different types of pizza. All were bland and lacking spices. The pizzas were unforgettable. However, the salads were amazingly flavourful.
- Great ambience, food, service!!123abcDined on 3/25/2014So glad my cousin recommended this! Loved it as soon as I walked in-ambience, warm, cozy. We enjoyed the music-both generations of us! Our server was so sweet without drooling over my guys! It was not too noisy, not too dead.The food was phenomenal! Both the empanadas and the pizza were spiced delightfully! thanks so much! Been busy recommending!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DittoMarcyDined on 3/24/2014Corrientes has been, and will always be our chosen restaurant before the theater for its delicious meals and very friendly and efficient staff, we have always been extremely satisfied with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fitluvgoodeatsDined on 3/20/2014Before the theatre. Great service, great atmosphere. Fresh & delicious food, perfect sized portions. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some great, some not soeveningoutDined on 3/20/2014Loved the over all feel to the place. The only detraction would be the bread. Though baked in house, it is way to dense to use for sandwiches such as the Cuban melts. Pizza options great == nice to be able to mix half and half. Dessert, chocolate hazelnut, perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.