Corner Wine Bar
6331 Guilford Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220Neighborhood:
Broad Ripple / Meridian - Kessler
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Corner Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornerwinebar.com/
- Phone: 3172555159
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Wine Bar, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The "Wine Cellar" is the perfect spot for a special event. A very private room, lined with glass wine cabinets sets Corner Wine Bar apart from typical banquet options. A full bar and private sound system ensure privacy and each event can be custom-fit to your specifications. Business meetings, showers, rehearsal dinners and holiday & birthday parties...you name it!
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth or Liza 3172555159
- Entertainment: Corner Wine Bar provides live entertainment most weekends in the lower level bar. The room opens at 7 p.m. with music at 9 p.m. For those wishing to dine, a full-menu is also available. Corner Wine Bar also offers a monthly wine tasting series, please call for details!
A word from Corner Wine Bar
Corner Wine Bar is a full-service establishment offering an award-winning wine list, full bar & an outstanding bistro-style menu. With innovative offerings featuring Niman Ranch Beef and fresh seafood there is something for everyone. Set in a charming turn of the century building, Corner Wine Bar's also noted as one of Indy's most romantic spots. The addition of a full bar, wine flights and a great selection of single malt scotches and Champagne round out your options. The cafe seating is seasonal...please ask for availability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Corner Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Broad Ripple / Meridian - Kessler ›
Corner Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (16)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Second Visit OkwboutDined on 9/23/2014We were excited to re-visit Corner Wine Bar. We ordered wine flights again which we enjoyed. However, the amount of food provided from one of their main dishes was disappointing. For the the price, the food isn't worth it. We decided we will return again, but only for wine and maybe an appetizer, then move on somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- Great place for a romantic mealjdamDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere was superb, the wine list extensive and the food above average. Only miss was my girlfriends food which was way over sauced based on portion size. She had the Sweet Corn Ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Ever!YummyDined on 9/19/2014After not visiting for a few yrs the Corner Wine Bar is just as great as ever! Good service, great food and a wonderful wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molly was EXCELENT !!!WinnerDined on 8/8/2014Molly was EXCELENT !!! Food and atmosphere was excellent ...ohh and Molly was Great (;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!Penny4urthtsVIPDined on 7/27/2014First time here. Went on a Sunday night. Since moving here 4 months ago we are trying a lot of new restaurants each week. This shoots to the top next to Oakleys which is saying a lot! we both had pasta mine was fresh corn ravioli and my husband's was the special of cheese ravioli in Diablo sauce. both far exceeded our expectations. staff was very friendly and the outside dining was wonderful. Highly, highly recommend. We will be back very soon and often.Special Features:
- Ashley went out of her way to helpcosmicmomDined on 7/24/2014We made reservations for a Thursday night for 7 people outside which included my elderly father in a wheelchair. I asked for a wheelchair-friendly table in the shade due to Daddy's eyesight. Ashley called a few hours before the reservation to say she wasn't sure she could accommodate us in that way due to the narrow space on the patio, but she'd try. She DID it!!! We were so very very pleased with our table and were able to treat Daddy to what was probably his last time ever out to eat. He didn't quite make it through the meal before he had to be taken home, but I so appreciate Ashley's efforts to make that last meal out with family very special.Special Features:
- Yummy carrot souffle!ReneDined on 7/19/2014Happy to see a few more gluten free options on the menu and of course the carrot soufflé is the only way I can ever get my husband to eat vegetables!Special Features:
- Nice mealEnjoydiningoutDined on 7/12/2014Food was much better than years previously ... Good service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuzzykVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had great service and the food was very good, although not outstanding. We each tried a wine flight and enjoyed it very much. Overall a great restaurant with good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantDukeDined on 7/3/2014Very enjoyable experience for an easy date night. Great atmosphere and food. Very enjoyable night.Special Features:
- Another Nice DinnerNorthsideDinerDined on 6/28/2014We had not been to The Corner Wine Bar in years. I am not sure why, because as usual, the food was very good, as was the service and alcohol selection. We will not take as long to return the next time!Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingSoccerl618VIPDined on 6/18/2014Corner Wine Bar has great food and great service. You can always count on a good meal...I would highly recommend the carrot souffle.Special Features:
- Great food/priceytryinoutfoodDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food and service. Great atmosphere. Took my dad for father's day. A little on the pricey side...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no goodDodeDined on 6/14/2014Thought we'd stop here for after dinner drinks but we were wrong. We got seated outside since it was a gorgeous night. After being seated for about ten mins the hostess came over to get our drink orders, which seemed odd. So about five minutes go by and our server comes back to get our drink orders again. Another five minutes go by and she gets another tables drink orders and comes back immediately with their drinks. We were rather upset by this since we had been there for 20 minutes with no drinks. We then cancelled our orders and got up to leave. That's when we found out the inside only had two tables. Zero Reason for the slow service. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014We waited awhile to get our initial drinks and then took over 30 minutes for us to even place our order. We were told once that there was a 30 top downstairs and that is why things were taking so long. We were the only ones dining upstairs however so that didn't seem like a good excuse to me. I finally told him I was no longer interested in having my entree brought out- and within a minute I had my meal which I was no longer hungry for. Needless to say, I spent way too much money on a mediocre meal and horrible customer service experience. My first experience was not the best but I thought I would give it a second try. I now know not to return there and will definitely not recommend this to my friends or family.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and outdoor venueSharonDined on 6/6/2014Corner Wine Bar is a favorite of ours as a couple or a group. The menu changes seasonally with ample choices for various dietary preferences. The wine list is extensive and we love the "Manager's Bin" special in which you can pay $20 for a blind choice (although they let you give lots of input on varietal preferences) for a bottle of win. The patio is always hopping and you can watch all of BroadRipple walk by while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic1seekingromanticambienceDined on 6/4/2014I chose this restaurant because it was supposed to be the most romantic, but that aspect of the restaurant was disappointing.The tables for two were set up so that one of us had to sit at a bench while the other was sitting in a chair.This did not create an environment that was conducive to holding hands or looking into each others eyes.As well, the menu was very limited which seemed like it was aimed towards those on a diet(no baked potatoes).Wine list seemed extensive but overpriced.Garlic bread was really good but the rest of the appetizers were odd(chickpeas?).The restaurant seemed like it was odd(clothes pins on menu, fake flickering candles and tackily vintage, but a fancy menu catered towards only the most cultured diners.Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the Corner Wine Bar reviews archive.
- neighborhood siteUnhappyDined on 5/30/2014The service was slow. The appetizers were great but the main entree didn't have much taste but large portions.
- Scallop appetizer was goodNjwatxVIPDined on 5/27/2014for a small appetite. It was very quiet inside the night we were there, since everyone else was dining outside. We liked the a/c and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceWadeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice, comfortable meal - good food and service. We've eaten at the Corner Wine Bar many times, returning customers.Special Features:
- Great food not so great serviceNit2winItDined on 5/24/2014After waiting 10 minutes for the waiter to come back after giving us menus, it took another 10 minutes for him to come back with our drinks. The plus side is that the food was outstanding. The Sirloin and the Mahi-Mahi were phenomenal. The strawberries with balsamic were a great side to enjoy. The draft beer selection of Indiana beers was great to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterIndyreunionDined on 5/24/2014Oliver was attentive and accommodating to our needs.Special Features:
- Excellent wine bar with great foodFoodieVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had 2 pesto grilled chicken sandwiches and 2 flights of wine. $50. Very good, unique CWB salad. Goddess salad dressing had a strong garlic taste and was amazing. Always high quality food at CWB and perfect location in the middle of Broad Ripple. I am a repeat customer and will return in the future. This place is an institution with an additional cool bar in the basement with live music.Special Features:
- Date Night Wine and Dinemango4673Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and i visited Friday prior to memorial day and enjoyed an Fabulously seasoned meal but not without a few hiccups. Loved the $20 manager Bin wine selection. Our dinner was delivered My Wife's Salmon had 1/3 charred beyond being able to eat . the 2/3 she ate she enjoyed and Loved the Carrot souffle . My Dinner was first delivered wrong due to a miscommunication with the waitress. My Wild mushroom risotto when delivered had been rushed and needed a few more minutes as the rice was a bit crunchy and Scallops were a bit under done as well. The flavor of the risotto was grand. I have been here many times and this was my worst and only negative experience., I will right it up as a bad day and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Ladies Night OutEatsDined on 5/20/2014Good wine list and bar. Menu changes seasonally. Most of the group had pasta dishes (gluten-free pasta available), which were good. Our waiter (lady) was very helpful and pleasant. Overall a good group get-together.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceRobinDined on 5/17/2014We were looking forward to trying a new place to us in Broad Ripple but overall dissapointed. When we were seated at our table we ordered a 2nd bottle of wine, only to discover they were out of the wine we were drinking. It seemed a little odd to me that a wine bar would be out of wine, but ok, things happen. It was clear to us the server had the entire room so we got prepared for a long evening. I loved the fact that the menu had all kinds of labeling: low fat, vegetarian & gluten free (I have celiac & cannot eat gluten so this was a huge plus!). After ordering a GF meal, guess what I was served? Their "new" accompaniment which was a rye/wheat berry grain that no one seemed to realize was not GF. How do you make that mistake? Not good.
- Incredible food & wineFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014I forgot how much that I like this restaurant and I plan to go back again soon. Had a "white" flight of wines to start. Very good selection. Ate the incredible shepherds pie. I have had shepherds pie in many places and this was top notch. My friend had a sirloin steak and it was also good. Had the tamales as an appetizer and they were very flavorful. Crème brulee dessert was a good size portion. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatingFernDined on 5/10/2014My family and I had a great time at the Corner Wine Bar. We sat inside and enjoyed the quaint atmosphere. The waitress was good and was attentive towards our table.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014Thank you for a great dinner, our server was very attentive and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedListen2usDined on 5/9/2014The food was great and so was the wine, but it took us an hour just to get an appetizer. After someone at the table complained about a weak drink, several people at the table tried it and agreed it was not a standard drink. The waitress and bartender argued it was a standard poor. We are not the type of family to complain, but you could clearly see the drink was watered down. Loved the food and ambiance, but we were just disappointed with the attitude of the server and bartender and the length of time. This place has huge potential- just need to adjust the attitude.Special Features:
- Great place!wboutDined on 5/1/2014I really enjoyed this place. It was a last minute decision and found it on opentable. I plan to return. My only suggestion is to upgrade the seating. They need an upgrade and I'm informing the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningdonworVIPDined on 3/22/2014Always a pleasure to have a lovely evening at the Corner Wine Bar. The small dining room and quiet atmosphere allow for relaxed conversation. Our server was friendly, attentive but unobtrusive - perfect. My mahi-mahi was perfectly cooked, as was my friend's favorite champagne chicken. Consistently fine food and service show why CWB has been around for so many years when others come and go - one of my favorite go-to spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find Just Outside of IndyWineDivaDined on 3/12/2014We just love this place. Every time we travel to Indy we make it a point of having dinner here at least once during our stay. Since we travel for business we have a limited budget and it's great to find a place with great service and ambiance that also has a really affordable and yummy meal. With the 3 course price fix and a bottle of wine from their $20 selection a great time is had by all! Where else can you get an app, dinner and dessert for under $20?! Amazing.Special Features:
- RomanticReneDined on 2/15/2014CWB is one of our favs--carrot soufflé is awesome, my hubby's favorite part of the meal. Only complaint was that our table was by the window and there was such a draft I ended up wearing my winter cost the entire meal. They were accommodating to my special dietary requests as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We dined for the first time at the Corner Wine Bar and it was absolutely amazing!! The food, the server - Sam, was just amazing. The restaurant itself is so quaint and romantic. We will be back to try out the bar downstairs.Special Features:
- Great experiencejacklaw3Dined on 2/13/2014Went for a pre-valentine's day date (to avoid the 'holiday' rush). The waitress was very friendly. She picked out an excellent wine from the manager's special listing. We ordered from the 'penny wise' menu. Three courses for $20. Vegetable skewers were perfectly grilled and great with the accompanying dipping sauce. Tilapia and steak were seasoned just right and delicious. Cheesecake and brownie sundae for dessert. Would have wished that the brownie was served warm instead of being cold. Other than the brownie, this is an great place to wine and dine. We will definitely be visiting again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDJT2014Dined on 2/6/2014Had a great time. Love the decor and atmosphere. Food was excellent. One issue. Seats by window very cold. Took away from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They also have great liveLarittDined on 1/30/2014They also have great live music in the basement. Not too loud, bar down there as well, and you can eat down there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereNicoDined on 1/17/2014As always, the atmosphere was great and the food was delicious. This was our first time getting stuck at one of the two tables in middle. We won't eat at those tables again. There were way too many people entering and leaving the basement that all had to walk by, with little room to spare. It just killed the mood and conversation. This is still one of our favorite places but we know now to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal & GreatBmo4VIPDined on 12/31/2013We had a great meal & Great Service. Try the Grab Bag Wine - Bottle of wine only $20.00. Tell your server what you like and she will try to match it. (At least she did for us).Special Features: