4537 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornertablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6128230011x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Boemer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Corner Table is available for private lunch as well as dinner buy outs.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Rancone 6128230011x
A word from Corner Table
Nestled in the Kingfield neighborhood in south Minneapolis, Corner Table features modern American cuisine steeped in European tradition, with an emphasis on locality and seasonality. Our menu changes frequently to reflect the current offerings from our region, delivering the best of our local bounty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Corner Table - Best Restaurants in South Minneapolis ›
Corner Table reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)neighborhood gem (142)special occasion (103)romantic (76)notable wine list (75)great for outdoor dining (73)great for brunch (39)hot spot (30)good for groups (22)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We love it at Corner Table. The food is always interesting, delicious and very well presented. The wait staff is very friendly and just present enough. They clearly enjoy working for Nick and company.Special Features:
- Great ServicebrandonbicaDined on 9/19/2014Our server was able to talk about every item on the menu, made great recommendations and somehow only stopped at the table exactly when we needed her.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We were happy to find the move did not change the great food! We loved the variety, service and friendliness.Special Features:
- Amazing food found hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the new location of this neighborhood gem! The service was spot on, with our food coming out unbelievably fast and still top notch quality. The Alaskan salmon entree was perfectly balanced with earthy and sweet flavors the complimented a very nicely cooked piece of fish. The heirloom tomato salad was a perfect summer appetizer and the crispy duck is everything you'd ever want in a fall menu. We enjoyed the mix of seasons available to us at this transition period in our MN summer. The lamb ragu was a bit to spicy for my taste, but the plate was still left clean... Thanks for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time's a CharmAandWSVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been wanting to try this place for a while. Our first impression was terrific. Easy S. Minneapolis location. Sat at the kitchen side bar. Great and friendly chief staff. Food was creative, and delicious. The duck breast was fabulous as well as the other items through dessert. The Corner Table is definitely on our rotation and we'll be sharing this place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, difficult to speakljlmd84Dined on 9/13/2014The décor was spare and interesting, with the silver platters on the wall. The server was friendly and very efficient, but seemed to be overworked. The food was not only incredibly delicious, but imaginative and beautiful. The wine pairings with the 5-course tasting menu were very good, especially the apricot-nosed "The Prince in His Caves." It was a fabulous meal featuring many types of fresh mushrooms. We loved the crisp cauliflower with beluga lentils (even more than the Alaskan salmon) as a main course. My only complaint is that I could barely hear our friends (and we were at a small table) due to the extreme noise level (my friends all said the same - we are middle aged, in case anyone is wondering).Special Features:
- spinneDined on 9/13/2014I can't believe this used to be a Kentucky Fried Chicken when we lived in the neighborhood! Food was very good but very different from the last time we tried Corner Table with Scott Pampuch.. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!ShareDined on 9/13/2014This was hands down the best dining experience I have had in a very long time...AMAZING! We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. Chris made the experience even better with his flawless service and casual demeanor. Loved everything!Special Features:
- night to remembercouscousDined on 9/12/2014Corner table is truly a gem...creative approaches to everything and amazingly delicious - staff is exceptionally knowlegeable about the dishes and the wine - it feels like a " family" inviting you to dinner! we will be back often..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice place, great servicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great selection of interesting food- pork belly, fried cauliflower (this is really very good), duck, salon, etc. Sometimes restaurants like these try too hard to make unique plates, Corner Table does not. Just very good, very well done but different enough to impress any foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it! Amazing food!PanamabluDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Corner Table twice now. This most recent time we were there for my wife's birthday with 2 other people from out of town. Our server was very knowledgable about the food and wine menus. Food preparation and presentation was excellent. The menu had a very nice selection of options without being overwelming. I am looking forward to the time when I will return for another great experience.Special Features:
- Same fab food - new locationSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 8/29/2014There were four of us and we all tried something different. Everything was unreal! Imaginative and tasty. Mushroom soup, heirloom salad, salmon that came with two tortellonis stuffed with a corn/tamale-like filling. I almost wept with joy...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable meal!MinnesotaNiceDined on 8/28/2014My friend and I both enjoyed our meals (salmon and gnocchi). The entrees were quite flavorful. My only complaints would be that the portion size was perhaps a bit small and that the volume in the dining area gets pretty loud. Other than that, good food, good service, nice wine selection. This was my first visit to Corner Table, I would be happy to go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's talk about noise levelsJanieDined on 8/28/2014Our dinner started at 5:30, when there were fewer people in the restaurant. But as soon as over half the tables were filled, the noise level was such that we couldn't hear each other across the table without raising our voices to an uncomfortable level. We won't be going back because of this, as our purpose for dining out is to have fewer home distractions, so that we can talk.
- Thank You!DJadwinDined on 8/25/2014We came in for my wife's birthday with 4 other friends, and we were treated like royalty by the staff. Then came the good, which was outstanding. We felt as though this is the best food in Minneapolis. Thanks for a fantastic meal, and a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sloopyDined on 8/23/2014Great presentation and outstanding dinner. Nice to have parking next to the restaurant or on the street vs in and out of a ramp. Good wine list. The brisket was fantastic as was the salmon. Appetizers fantastic.Special Features:
- Hit and miss.hohumDined on 8/22/2014We went on a Friday evening to celebrate our anniversary. We had a late reservation and we were seated promptly, yet it took 20 minutes before someone came for our drink order and we were ready to walk out. Once we ordered the food was flowing on a good schedule. The starters of pork belly and heirloom salad were great. The pork entrée was descent with a really wonderful sausage. The brisket was very under seasoned and bland. Overall the portions were large and the presentation was nice. But the service was spotty and the food hit and miss for the price point.
- Foodie paradiseJandJDined on 8/22/2014We went to Corner Table for a friend's birthday party and had a wonderful time. The food was superb, the service was above and beyond and the atmosphere was warm and lively. We will definitely all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal and Service612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 8/22/2014Every visit we make to Corner Table we expect great service and food and we are never let down. Service was exceptional, as was the food. Our experiences here are always a pleasure due to the awesome staff and most amazing flavors we eat with every bite. Totally recommend dinner here for any occasion. Share lots of plates!Special Features:
- love it!eater9Dined on 8/22/2014I've always loved Corner Table and I enjoy it even more at this new, lighter spot!Special Features:
- JackDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food,preparation and presentation . Excellent,friendly,knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014Tasting menu was hit and miss. Lamb was overcooked and only ate the middle. Wine tasting was inadequate. Donuts slightly overcooked as well. Will give another try as the potential to be great was there but may have been an off day.
- 1st Timers!SaintPaulJimVIPDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had a surprisingly delightful dinner on Tuesday (19 August) with exceptional service. I say surprisingly for that neither I nor my wife had the Corner Table on our radar! Siri provided a very thorough and knowledgeable description of not only the food; moreover, the wine that would best accompany our menu selections. The Corner Table should be on all localvores and visiting foodies' must visit list. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchgoodeaterVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first time visiting the new location, and we enjoyed brunch very much. We love the new building. We sat inside but enjoyed all of the open doors to the patio areas. Loved the signature Corner Table Benedict with pork belly and brioche. The fried rabbit and sweet potato waffle is also delicious. Only wish is that they would have espresso available.Special Features:
- FunfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Start to finish it was perfect. Amazing 42oz steak. 3 of us shares it plus several sops, salads and dessert can't wait to go back and try new items. So fresh!Special Features:
- UptowndinerDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food! Unusual menu. Good service. More expensive than most neighborhood restaurants, but excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DininglovesfoodDined on 8/14/2014My sister and I went out to eat here for her birthday recently and the food was outstanding. The plating was great, and the flavors were amazing. Expect wonderful flavors for Apps and Entrees. The desert menu could use a bit more flair, but, everything else was superb, especially the Heirloom Tomato Salad!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The meal was awesome. Waitstaff were friendly, knowledgeable. I live in the neighborhood. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceKrisDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful Saturday evening dinner experience at Corner Table. We thoroughly enjoyed Brent's recommendations, all of which lived up to his tantalizing descriptions. The entire team was very attentive to detailed dietary restrictions and attended to really every detail. It was a leisurely dinner. This is not the place to go to rush through dinner. Instead, this is an inventive, delactable dining experience to be savored. Just thinking of the pork jowls and sweet corn pannacotta makes my mouth water. High quality ingredients! A wonderful experience! Cannot recommend highly enough. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysHorsingAroundDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time to the new location and loved the new ambiance. Much brighter and fitting of the types of food served. Service was terrific as always and the food was inventive, perfectly prepared and delicious. Truly one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIP'sCricketDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Corner Table and were treated like VIPs. There are two areas for outdoor dining, and we were given a table that was in a more secluded area. We were also treated to complimentary champagne in honor of our celebration. Our wait staff, Soren and Dane were attentive, knowledgeable and informative. Because we ate outdoors and were on a flight path to the airport, I did not grade the noise level. All in all, our experience was thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxieDined on 8/5/2014Corner Table has an interesting and creative menu that is definitely fit for those interested in something other than the "standard fare". It's an attractive spot with garden dining that is very pleasant on a warm summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better, I swear612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food, service, atmosphere is all killer. I have been to this establishment numerous times and have never had a bad experience or meal. the service is outstanding - from the waitstaff to Chef Thomas. They act like they are your friends, not part of the waitstaff. Very welcoming. As for the food- good lord. Prepared to perfection. Brisket, pork, charcutiere, pasta... there is no miss. The hominy style grits and black bean sauce accented their respected entrees with perfection. We always leave this place happy, fulfilled and with another reservation to come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Loved the tasting menu with wine pairings - it was an amazing way to spend our anniversary. It was relaxed and fun!Special Features:
- JivitDined on 8/1/2014Excellent service and very good food. We had the pork jowls w/ sweet corn panna cotta as an appetizer which was delicious and the duck heart ragu pasta and the braised brisket for the main course with a side of the cheese and chive biscuits. Brisket was extremely tender and only used a knife twice, the pasta was delicious but not too rich and the biscuits were an excellent way to top it off. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingMeatandVeggieCoupleDined on 7/31/2014We had an exceptional, memory making meal at Corner Table. From the starter sushi which was the most tender and well prepped we've tasted, to the light, pillow-like gnocchi which melted in the mouth, to the entree's which provided both the meat eater (brisket) and vegetarian (most perfectly prepared lentil/cauliflower/curry ever) lots of smiles. The servers knew their food and wines and recommended perfect pairings. All around this was one of the best meals we've ever had. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Great testing menu with wine pairings and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencefood4lifeDined on 7/31/2014My friends and I had the five course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was delicious and the service was great. It was definitely more money than I would spend on a meal, but thought it was worth every penny, if not just for the experience it created. Sweet potato donuts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining outdoors!PenMcdDined on 7/29/2014Exceptional, contemporary cuisine. We sampled many items and everything was fantastic! Pork belly, salmon, pork jowl, duck. Love the variety and unique menu items. Also loved the new cheese biscuits. Delicious! The outdoor seating is a great addition on these beautiful summer nights. I can't say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Go. Go Now. Sit on the side patio facing the parking lot. You will not be rushed so enjoy a lovely summer evening with a friend and for heavens sake have the chocolate dessert.Special Features: