4537 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornertablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (612) 823-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Boemer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Corner Table is available for private lunch as well as dinner buy outs.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Rancone 6128230011x
A word from Corner Table
Nestled in the Kingfield neighborhood in south Minneapolis, Corner Table features modern American cuisine steeped in European tradition, with an emphasis on locality and seasonality. Our menu changes frequently to reflect the current offerings from our region, delivering the best of our local bounty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Corner Table - Best Restaurants in South Minneapolis ›
Corner Table reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)neighborhood gem (130)special occasion (100)notable wine list (83)romantic (59)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (18)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Incredible!DiscoVIPDined on 11/22/2014I had the duck breast even though I usually only order duck in Paris. This was the best I've ever had. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellencePatriciaDined on 11/20/2014Excellent meal every time. Service was outstanding - for this visit, especially by the lovely hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014We had the tasting menu and every course was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in my global travels....FoodandwinesnobVIPDined on 11/19/2014Just got home from a month abroad and Corner Table is still my favorite dining experience in the US, Canada, Europe, and now, Oceana. It was so good to be back "home" with Chef Thomas, Siri, and the team there. Thomas continues to amaze me with his creativity in the kitchen. I've been eating a lot of heavy, spicy curries over the last month. His new scallops dish was a delicate blend of curry and ginger that was subtle yet complex, proving less is often so much more. The new ox tail corzzetti was rich and hardy for a cold winter's night. And of course, as they just won a Charlie for best service in Minneapolis, the service was friendly, attentive, yet not intrusive as always. It was good to get back home....and good to get back to my favorite place literally in the whole world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited too longOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We waited too long to drink and dine at Corner Table. Definitely worth putting on your must list. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meal To RememberPamelaDined on 11/15/2014This was my third visit to Corner Table and the first in their new location. We decided to try the tasting menu with wine pairing. It was one of the best meals I have had the pleasure of eating in the Twin Cities. Each course was a burst of flavor and art on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner Table would shine in any "foodie" city!RK54Dined on 11/12/2014Minneapolis has one of the most exciting and fastest growing restaurant scenes in America. When I moved here years ago from LA I was depressed that my dinning out options were corporate chains like Olive Garden or TGIF. Now we have restaurants I would put up against the best in either coast. Corner Table certainly is one of those. The quality and creativity of the food and the meticulous preparation are then matched with friendly, not stuffy, neighborhood service that underplays how professional it is. They make something very sophisticated feel easy and comfortable. I actually had to ask the chef, Thomas Boemer, how he made one their tasting menu dishes - a ravioli filled with poached egg yolk served in an incredible broth... The last time I was confounded by the construction of a dish was at a Michelin 3 star restaurant. That place was incredible but they made sure you knew it. At Corner Table they present these gems like "its no big... we just threw this together... glad you like it.." I have experienced some pretty great restaurants in many different communities. Corner Table absolutely stacks up with the best. It's moderate to expensive but you will save big on air fare to get this level of quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- National TreasureRobinDined on 11/11/2014I'm riffing on the Japanese tradition here, but Corner Table is that singular. The labor that goes into these distinct, singular, original dishes is sort of mind-boggling. Perfect pairings and sequence. Immensely knowledgeable servers. Lots of joy.Special Features:
- Wonderful, cozy restaurantJane824Dined on 11/10/2014This restaurant was perfect for a birthday celebration. My husband and I did the tasting menu and everything was delicious. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond in terms of service. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves good food and wants a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb on all fronts612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 11/8/2014Way too often you don't get what you deserve in a restaurant, but in Minneapolis, that couldn't be more wrong. So many places are exceptional, but Corner Table ups the ante every time we step foot in there. They treat everyone like their family, and the food, service and ambiance makes you feel that. The food as superb, as always. Charcuterie is the best in the city. Even a salad with a side of brussell sprouts knocked it out of the park. As for entrees, Duck and Scallops were excellent. Cooked to perfection... flavors so well balanced. Fantastic wine list with stellar finds. They care about everything they put out in front of you, including the excellent service. From owners to chef to wait staff - doesn't make you want to leave.Special Features:
- Tasty but Bad HeatingSummerIsBetterDined on 11/8/2014Corner Table lived up to its reputation of having skillfully prepared menu items. Not a big range of entrees, however. The salmon appetizer was fabulous, as were the short ribs. The room, as expected, was noisy on a Saturday night. A bigger problem was the heating system. Our location was cold and drafty for a few minutes, then super warm, following a blast of heat; this went on for the entire evening. We were adding/subtracting layers as we ate. I came home with a head cold -- way too drafty for me. Meal was otherwise fine.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAlwaysBChewingDined on 11/8/2014I decided on Corner Table for my wife's birthday celebration. I though the food was very good. I especially liked the pancetta wrapped pheasant. I made a reservation (obviously through OpenTable) but we had to wait a short time for out table. The 5-course tasting meal offered enough variety to get a feel for the menu and I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014My first time here and it was fantastic. Great service, food, and best of all quiet.Special Features:
- Simply delicious!ceejVIPDined on 11/5/2014Three of us dined at Corner Table Wednesday night. The restaurant was busy which was great to see for a neighborhood place. Other than one person's dish that he didn't like (personal taste), everything was superb! Our beet salads were beautifully presented and a delight to the palate. My scallops were done to perfection, our friend's gnocci were described as "light, little pillows that melt in the mouth", and we shared a dessert called "candy bar" with interesting textures that was decadent and yummy. Our server answered our questions, was present and friendly but not overbearing. I love restaurants that push the envelope a bit with creative ingredients and plating and Corner Table does that. Will be back!Special Features:
- Food for food loversMaddieaboutfoodDined on 11/4/2014The warm, rich colors and cozy atmosphere was a wonderful setting for a very excellent meal. Our Beet napoleon appetizer with blue cheese mousse was good combination of texture and flavor. My husband and I enjoyed the Duck and the Cassoulet. The servers were very attentive and knowledgeable of both the food and the wine. The acoustics made it easy to have conversation which I appreciated as we came there to talk and enjoy the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISYBmonsonDined on 11/1/2014The food was good and the service was okay but it was a horrible dining experience because the decibel level was so high it was almost impossible to have a conversation with the people at my table. My throat was sore at the end of the evening from speaking loudly enough for my table partners to hear me. There is absolutely nothing in that room to absorb sound. While I like to support small neighborhood restaurants like this I'm sorry to say that I will never return.
- Romantic AnniversaryBonTronDined on 10/30/2014Had an absolutely lovely anniversary dinner! We were warmly greeted and offered a table, however, the host said there was a better table for us if we waited just a few minutes. We decided to wait and were then surprised by a complimentary glass of champagne! We were then seated at a great "corner table", which was very cozy and romantic. We both ordered the 5-course taking menu and it was delightful - the ravioli was A-MAZ-ING. The desserts were fantastic (house made donuts and candy bar). The staff was really welcoming and threw in a few extra-special touches with the champagne, a lovely table, a little amuse bouche, and a nightcap. What a warm, wonderful night with delicious food - we will definitely return!Special Features:
- FunfoodieDined on 10/29/2014Scallops were fabulous as well as the short ribs. ried 2 desserts between our table - all were great.Special Features:
- New experienceCarriganDined on 10/29/2014Everything was outstanding--creative dishes, delicious food, skillful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Galorelive2eatDined on 10/27/2014From our entrance into this delightful restaurant to our exit we had a friendly, comfortable, delightful experience. Great decor, helpful staff, superb food and even the other diners were smiling, happy folks. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014They function as a very efficient team. The chef and his team are very personable and interact with the guest. Servers are very knowledgeable about the menu and work together to keep your table cleared and your beverages full.Special Features:
- Miss the Old PlaceSharaRaDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I went there to spend a quiet dinner on a Saturday night together. We had been to Corner Table before, loved the food and the quiet atmosphere. We didn't know they had moved until we drove past it three times. The food was still fantastic... The atmosphere was not at all what it used to be. Loud, busy, cramped, just like any typical south Minneapolis independent restaurant. Everything that made Corner Table stand out disappeared. The service was typical, not as personable as it used to be. It seemed far more cliquey, with employees chatting it up with their regulars. Although we loved the food, as usual, we doubt we will make a return trip. Sorry to see a quiet place with good food change into a stereotypical Uptown bar.Special Features:
- great experiencefattyDined on 10/25/2014I was hesitant to try this restaurant. I've heard mixed reviews of this place from friends whose opinions I respect. With that said our experience turned out to be great. We arrived about 10mins early and they seated us exactly at our reservation time. Our server checked to see if it was our first time here and when we said yes he proceeded to go through the whole menu. We decided to order straight off the menu instead of the 5 course tasting menu. They had just started a new fall menu after restaurant week and said they were open to feedback on any of the items we had ordered but none was required. Food tasted fresh and flavorful, just perfect. Service was great, attentive but not overbearing. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its best!ritanayDined on 10/24/2014Corner Table consistently wows us with the flavor combinations of the menu choices, the wonderful service, and the delicious wines. We really enjoy eating here. The only thing we would change is the noise level. It's difficult to carry on a conversation, which is a shame, because it's the type of place that otherwise makes for a relaxed, superb dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/23/2014I've always wanted to try corner table so when I saw they were participating in restaurant week, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try several things. The food was excellent; creative and flavorful. My friend and I both got a wine pairing with our meal and I have to say this was the only part that was slightly disappointing. I actually appreciate a smaller pour with pairings so I don't over-indulge, but these were so small we hardly got two full sips. It was $15 and I don't think I got a full glass of wine in total. I'd gladly pay more to experience the pairing but if you can't do more than that due to costs, then it shouldn't be on the menu. It detracted from an experience that was otherwise truly delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MplsEater1Dined on 10/23/2014Wonderful food, very inventive. Service was not great - neither of the hostesses were friendly or greeted people promptly - don't think I saw them smile once. Restaurant needs to understand that although the food may be great, it's important to make the whole experience notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food menu inflexibilitydaraVIPDined on 10/23/2014It was restaurant week and the restaurant was only serving one fixed menu for restaurant week, which was not communicated when we made the reservation. We were unhappy with that. But the mandated food was very good.Special Features:
- Restaurant week !ceejVIPDined on 10/23/2014Dined at Corner Table for the first time during restaurant week. They offered a 3 course price fixed dinner with wine pairings for additional cost. The only reason I'm not giving a 5 star rating is because the wine pours were really measly. At first I thought our server was pouring a "taste", but no...it was the pairing for that course. The rest of the courses were creative and delicious! Would definitely return, but note to self...purchase a bottle instead to go with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewFamof5Dined on 10/22/2014We visited Corner Table in their new location during restaurant week. We enjoyed everything and some things a bit more than others. The short ribs were amazing. The meat was as tender and flavorful as it gets. We also enjoyed the amazing "candy bar" dessert. My husband commented he may go back just for the dessert some time. I would go back for the short ribs. The wine pairings were also wonderful and we let our server decide. I always enjoy having servers with opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinner totally worth itdeliciousnessDined on 10/21/2014My husband and I live in the neighborhood and wanted to get in to Corner table for Restaurant Week. Tuesday was the only night we could do it and 9:15 was the only time available. I made the reservation but was hesitant how late it was. We were surprised to find it still totally busy. I liked the decor inside and was pleased by the intimate setting that was loud enough so we could chat comfortable without people overhearing. The waitress recommended my choices and was a great help. The food was delicious!!! We sat in silence after the first bites because we were stunned! So glad this is close to our house because we will be back! I'm so glad we made the reservation.Special Features:
- great food, but terrible service!queenveeDined on 10/21/2014we had a 7:45 pm reservation for a party of 2, but the host still made us wait 25 minutes. a party of 4 walked in with 7:45 pm reservations 10 minutes after us, and they were seated immediately. when i told the oblivious host that i was really hungry and really needed food, he did not seem to care one bit. fortunately, the food was good, but not good enough to warrant returning to endure their terrible service again.Special Features:
- So cute, so delicious, so friendlyAnika222Dined on 10/21/2014We went for restaurant week, so it was busy. Overall, it was a great experience. All staff we interacted with were friendly and professional. The food was phenomenal! Started with the pork belly with chow-chow (a type of sauerkraut from the south), then for an entrée I had the short rib (excellent flavors) and my partner had the cassoulet. Finally, dessert! I had the sweet potato donuts, which were good, but my partner had the candy bar. The candy bar is made in house and just incredible! Since it was restaurant week, this was very affordable, but we would return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeacefulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Although restaurant week usually turns even the coziest spots into bustling and noisy ones, we had an easy and delicious meal that was calm and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very high quality and unique. Would recommend the tasting menu. Server was knowledgeable about all of the foods offered and was very considerate about not pushing us through our meal too quickly or dragging it out. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent .PopeyeVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was the first time we went since the move and there is a lot more space. The food is as good as ever. The service impeccable. We had the tasting menu with wines and the food was great, the portion size plenty and perfect wine pairings. This place is truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Best table in the city."OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The owner, Nick, was a congenial and welcoming host and recommended a great bottle of wine. He set the tone for a personal and very satisfying experience. Our server was so convincing when describing the evening's tasting menu, that we couldn't resist. What an outstanding and impeccable meal. The pork jowl was a favorite, as were the scallops and sweet potato doughnut. Throughout the meal, the components were thoughtful, bright and expressive. A new favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014The space is relatively small, and the floors and ceiling are concrete, so it's like being in a tin can with one person yelling. It was so loud, none of us at our table of four could even hear each other. Our server provided a ton of information about the tasting menu, and then pretty much all but disappeared for the rest of the night. We were celebrating two birthdays and I can't think of a worse place to do it. The food, however, was inventive and delicious.
- Love the new locationYumYumVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is still epic and the new location just lovely. We will be going back as the seasons change to fully enjoy their creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningHUGEFANDined on 10/11/2014This is THE place to dine in Mpls if you are a "foodie". I cannot say enough about the wonderful meal we enjoyed last night. The 5 Course Tasting dinner is the way to go. Very fun with a group. Enjoy a leisurely meal and experience new tastes together. Although an expensive evening- it was an event that will be remembered and left us all wanting to come back. Huge wine list. Great service and nice to have on-site parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.