4537 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornertablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6128230011x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Boemer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Corner Table is available for private lunch as well as dinner buy outs.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Rancone 6128230011x
A word from Corner Table
Nestled in the Kingfield neighborhood in south Minneapolis, Corner Table features modern American cuisine steeped in European tradition, with an emphasis on locality and seasonality. Our menu changes frequently to reflect the current offerings from our region, delivering the best of our local bounty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Corner Table - Best Restaurants in South Minneapolis ›
Corner Table reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (87)notable wine list (73)great for outdoor dining (67)romantic (66)hot spot (33)great for brunch (25)good for groups (18)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very high quality and unique. Would recommend the tasting menu. Server was knowledgeable about all of the foods offered and was very considerate about not pushing us through our meal too quickly or dragging it out. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent .PopeyeVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was the first time we went since the move and there is a lot more space. The food is as good as ever. The service impeccable. We had the tasting menu with wines and the food was great, the portion size plenty and perfect wine pairings. This place is truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Best table in the city."OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The owner, Nick, was a congenial and welcoming host and recommended a great bottle of wine. He set the tone for a personal and very satisfying experience. Our server was so convincing when describing the evening's tasting menu, that we couldn't resist. What an outstanding and impeccable meal. The pork jowl was a favorite, as were the scallops and sweet potato doughnut. Throughout the meal, the components were thoughtful, bright and expressive. A new favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014The space is relatively small, and the floors and ceiling are concrete, so it's like being in a tin can with one person yelling. It was so loud, none of us at our table of four could even hear each other. Our server provided a ton of information about the tasting menu, and then pretty much all but disappeared for the rest of the night. We were celebrating two birthdays and I can't think of a worse place to do it. The food, however, was inventive and delicious.
- Love the new locationYumYumVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is still epic and the new location just lovely. We will be going back as the seasons change to fully enjoy their creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningHUGEFANDined on 10/11/2014This is THE place to dine in Mpls if you are a "foodie". I cannot say enough about the wonderful meal we enjoyed last night. The 5 Course Tasting dinner is the way to go. Very fun with a group. Enjoy a leisurely meal and experience new tastes together. Although an expensive evening- it was an event that will be remembered and left us all wanting to come back. Huge wine list. Great service and nice to have on-site parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerLorraineDined on 10/10/2014I recently moved to the twin cities area and decided to give Corner Table a try. The waiter gave us amazing suggestions. We tried the pork belly to start which was amazing. I truly enjoyed my experience with Corner Table and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent service Knowledgeable servers Good wine selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date-nite mid weekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The food was fantastic! Our server was extremely knowledgable and funny as well. Great night!Special Features:
- SpinarioDined on 10/3/2014A very tasty 5 course tasting menu. Wine pairings were a perfect complement a highlight to each course. Service was unobtrusive,informative and excellent overall. Allow at least 2 hours for proper enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food comes in small packages!CCfromMNDined on 10/2/2014Small restaurant, big flavors. Went there for my birthday and everything was outstanding. Had to wait a little for our reservation, but only because other patrons were enjoying themselves so much they lingered over the end of their dinner. We had a pork belly appetizer that lived up to the award it apparently received as the best new dish, mushroom soup, and duck breast and crispy curried cauliflower entrees. We shared everything, and it was hard to decide what to leave for the lingering last taste. Great combinations of flavors everywhere. The chocolate dessert was also wonderful -- an unusual but very successful combination of textures and flavors. The service was great, including great recommendations on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014Was not impressed at all. Portions were extremely small for the price. Brisket should not be fatty at $28. Could you find smaller beets for a teeny weeny beet salad? Will definitely not be returning and would not recommend. Very difficult to have a private conversation here as well. Quite noisy.Special Features:
- Artists in the kitchenRobinDined on 10/1/2014Better than Lutece. Better than Chez Panisse. Certainly the best in the Twin Cities. We're consistently amazed by the amount of delicate, skilled labor these guys put into every dish, with never a slip in quality. Friendly, gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food1Dined on 9/30/2014Staff was not very knowledgeable about wine or food. Very noisy making it difficult to have a conversation. May not recommend to others.Special Features:
- great spot!Ang88Dined on 9/22/2014The service was excellent, server was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction and answering any questions that we had. The food itself was great! As the menu rotates with the season, it's not worth mentioning any specific meal, but the starter and both entrees were all wonderful. We arrived at 5:15pm, a bit early for our 5:30 reservation, and were able to be seated right away. The place stayed quiet for a good while and finally the people started to pack in. Overall a good place - I'd go back!Special Features:
- Always delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We love it at Corner Table. The food is always interesting, delicious and very well presented. The wait staff is very friendly and just present enough. They clearly enjoy working for Nick and company.Special Features:
- Great ServicebrandonbicaDined on 9/19/2014Our server was able to talk about every item on the menu, made great recommendations and somehow only stopped at the table exactly when we needed her.Special Features:
- Amazing!ChipskiDined on 9/18/2014I really can't gush enough about Corner Table! I loved it in their old location and love even more in the new! Our seating was polite and cozy and our server (Dain?) was amazing! We shared a lovely bottle of wine, per his recommendation, and the food was delicious! We sat outside on the patio and everyone was very attentive. The timing of the courses was perfect as well. Their were great vegetarian/pescetarian options for my friend and I enjoyed a wonderful seasonal wild mushroom bisque, beautiful salad and ricotta gnocchi! She had the salmon which was delightful. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great foodOlefriendsDined on 9/16/2014We were happy to find the move did not change the great food! We loved the variety, service and friendliness.Special Features:
- Amazing food found hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the new location of this neighborhood gem! The service was spot on, with our food coming out unbelievably fast and still top notch quality. The Alaskan salmon entree was perfectly balanced with earthy and sweet flavors the complimented a very nicely cooked piece of fish. The heirloom tomato salad was a perfect summer appetizer and the crispy duck is everything you'd ever want in a fall menu. We enjoyed the mix of seasons available to us at this transition period in our MN summer. The lamb ragu was a bit to spicy for my taste, but the plate was still left clean... Thanks for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time's a CharmAandWSVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been wanting to try this place for a while. Our first impression was terrific. Easy S. Minneapolis location. Sat at the kitchen side bar. Great and friendly chief staff. Food was creative, and delicious. The duck breast was fabulous as well as the other items through dessert. The Corner Table is definitely on our rotation and we'll be sharing this place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, difficult to speakljlmd84Dined on 9/13/2014The décor was spare and interesting, with the silver platters on the wall. The server was friendly and very efficient, but seemed to be overworked. The food was not only incredibly delicious, but imaginative and beautiful. The wine pairings with the 5-course tasting menu were very good, especially the apricot-nosed "The Prince in His Caves." It was a fabulous meal featuring many types of fresh mushrooms. We loved the crisp cauliflower with beluga lentils (even more than the Alaskan salmon) as a main course. My only complaint is that I could barely hear our friends (and we were at a small table) due to the extreme noise level (my friends all said the same - we are middle aged, in case anyone is wondering).Special Features:
- spinneDined on 9/13/2014I can't believe this used to be a Kentucky Fried Chicken when we lived in the neighborhood! Food was very good but very different from the last time we tried Corner Table with Scott Pampuch.. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!ShareDined on 9/13/2014This was hands down the best dining experience I have had in a very long time...AMAZING! We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. Chris made the experience even better with his flawless service and casual demeanor. Loved everything!Special Features:
- night to remembercouscousDined on 9/12/2014Corner table is truly a gem...creative approaches to everything and amazingly delicious - staff is exceptionally knowlegeable about the dishes and the wine - it feels like a " family" inviting you to dinner! we will be back often..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice place, great servicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great selection of interesting food- pork belly, fried cauliflower (this is really very good), duck, salon, etc. Sometimes restaurants like these try too hard to make unique plates, Corner Table does not. Just very good, very well done but different enough to impress any foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it! Amazing food!PanamabluDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Corner Table twice now. This most recent time we were there for my wife's birthday with 2 other people from out of town. Our server was very knowledgable about the food and wine menus. Food preparation and presentation was excellent. The menu had a very nice selection of options without being overwelming. I am looking forward to the time when I will return for another great experience.Special Features:
- Same fab food - new locationSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 8/29/2014There were four of us and we all tried something different. Everything was unreal! Imaginative and tasty. Mushroom soup, heirloom salad, salmon that came with two tortellonis stuffed with a corn/tamale-like filling. I almost wept with joy...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable meal!MinnesotaNiceDined on 8/28/2014My friend and I both enjoyed our meals (salmon and gnocchi). The entrees were quite flavorful. My only complaints would be that the portion size was perhaps a bit small and that the volume in the dining area gets pretty loud. Other than that, good food, good service, nice wine selection. This was my first visit to Corner Table, I would be happy to go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's talk about noise levelsJanieDined on 8/28/2014Our dinner started at 5:30, when there were fewer people in the restaurant. But as soon as over half the tables were filled, the noise level was such that we couldn't hear each other across the table without raising our voices to an uncomfortable level. We won't be going back because of this, as our purpose for dining out is to have fewer home distractions, so that we can talk.
- Thank You!DJadwinDined on 8/25/2014We came in for my wife's birthday with 4 other friends, and we were treated like royalty by the staff. Then came the good, which was outstanding. We felt as though this is the best food in Minneapolis. Thanks for a fantastic meal, and a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sloopyDined on 8/23/2014Great presentation and outstanding dinner. Nice to have parking next to the restaurant or on the street vs in and out of a ramp. Good wine list. The brisket was fantastic as was the salmon. Appetizers fantastic.Special Features:
- Hit and miss.hohumDined on 8/22/2014We went on a Friday evening to celebrate our anniversary. We had a late reservation and we were seated promptly, yet it took 20 minutes before someone came for our drink order and we were ready to walk out. Once we ordered the food was flowing on a good schedule. The starters of pork belly and heirloom salad were great. The pork entrée was descent with a really wonderful sausage. The brisket was very under seasoned and bland. Overall the portions were large and the presentation was nice. But the service was spotty and the food hit and miss for the price point.
- Foodie paradiseJandJDined on 8/22/2014We went to Corner Table for a friend's birthday party and had a wonderful time. The food was superb, the service was above and beyond and the atmosphere was warm and lively. We will definitely all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal and Service612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 8/22/2014Every visit we make to Corner Table we expect great service and food and we are never let down. Service was exceptional, as was the food. Our experiences here are always a pleasure due to the awesome staff and most amazing flavors we eat with every bite. Totally recommend dinner here for any occasion. Share lots of plates!Special Features:
- love it!eater9Dined on 8/22/2014I've always loved Corner Table and I enjoy it even more at this new, lighter spot!Special Features:
- JackDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food,preparation and presentation . Excellent,friendly,knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014Tasting menu was hit and miss. Lamb was overcooked and only ate the middle. Wine tasting was inadequate. Donuts slightly overcooked as well. Will give another try as the potential to be great was there but may have been an off day.
- 1st Timers!SaintPaulJimVIPDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had a surprisingly delightful dinner on Tuesday (19 August) with exceptional service. I say surprisingly for that neither I nor my wife had the Corner Table on our radar! Siri provided a very thorough and knowledgeable description of not only the food; moreover, the wine that would best accompany our menu selections. The Corner Table should be on all localvores and visiting foodies' must visit list. You won't be disappointed!Special Features: