Cornerstone Bar and Grill
211 North Main Street
Ketchum, ID 83340Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cornerstone Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cbgketchum.com/
- Phone: (208) 928-7777
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Jensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private functions. Groups up to 30 may reserve our beautiful stone-walled Grotto; larger groups may reserve the Skybox. Please call 208-928-7777 for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Fabianna Ancajima 2087205965
- Entertainment: Watch for special events like Pirate Night, Abba vs BeeGees, DJ/Laser light shows, the Annual Tax Day Toga, and the Velvet Rope Sessions: intimate musical gatherings. Happy Hour Playdate (the appy Hour you can bring your kids to) most Thursdays, 5-7, featuring entertainment for kids & families, & dinner before the bedtime window.
- Special Events: Open for Thanksgiving!
Open for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Open for New Year's Eve: Regular Menu and Party Menu! DJ, Biggest ballon drop in town, NO COVER!
A word from Cornerstone Bar and Grill
CBG is the perfect blend of Old West meets Totally Modern, housed in the only building in Ketchum on the National Historic Registry. Wild Game, Vegetarian, Vegan & Gluten-Free items are regulars on the dinner menu, a full bar featuring crafted cocktails and an extensive Wine List that's both familiar and eclectic. Kids are always welcome and will love the Happy Hour Playdate on (most) Thursdays, from 5-7pm. CBG excels at customer service and always serves up a night to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cornerstone Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Ketchum ›
Cornerstone Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fun friendly spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014A friendly restaurant that is a local favorite with good food, a great atmosphere, and attentive service.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsdining4usDined on 10/17/2014My sister and I ate dinner here and had mixed reactions to the food, but the same reaction to the service. The service was extremely slow - we waited an hour for our meal after we ordered it with no notice it would be a wait and no explanation as to why it took so long. It was obvious we were in town for the jazz festival and thus wanted to get back to the music. My sister thought her meal (trout) was very good. I was not thrilled with the chicken risotto. We agreed the salads were great. Uncertain if I will return during next year's festival.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; bar scene predominatesEatCroc3Dined on 10/6/2014Choosing from the limited menu, we had rack of lamb and a trout special, which were excellent. Service was attentive but the kitchen was slow, which was surprising since there were very few diners that we could see. We subsequently learned that there is another seating area in the basement. This place is a bar first and foremost. The music is obnoxious and the ambiance is not conducive to fine dining.Special Features:
- A new Ketchum go tolwhittigVIPDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to Cornerstone and I really enjoyed everything about it from the handcrafted cocktail to the house made potato chips with onion aioli; the cola braised short ribs to the toasted coconut cake. All the portions were generous, service was spot on and we all had a great evening! I'll be back!Special Features:
- No complaintsDarkTruth1VIPDined on 8/21/2014This place is getting better all the time. Local ownership. Short ribs and clam linguine on the same menu. Both entrées were excellent. Great spot for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Second Visit to CornerstoneJDRLVVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were so impressed with the service and food at the Cornerstone Bar and Grill from last year that we wanted to return. We were not disappointed. The ambience is perfect in a corner brick building on the main street of Ketchum. I had the wedge salad followed with the KBG Elk Burger with sweet potato fries. Both were large portions and tasted great. The bar is prominent along one side of the restaurant with a good selection of beer and wine. The service was friendly and prompt. We will definitely return again to this local gem.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerFantasticVIPDined on 8/4/2014I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The service was on the spot and the food was incredible, especially since I am a "high maintenance" guest when it comes to food restrictions.Special Features:
- Relaxed Fine Dining in Ketchumkenwyatt44VIPDined on 8/2/2014Cornerstone Bar and Grill (CBG) is located right on the main drag in Ketchum, Idaho. This makes for convenience if planning an evening out. We ate here than visited some nightspots afterwards. The food was excellent. We have the short ribs and the salmon. Both were prepared perfectly but were also generously sized. Bring your appetite. Our server, Nancy, was attentive but also fun to work with. She made sure everything went smoothly. I am not a fan of huge wine lists and CBG did not hand me a huge book to select from. Awesome. The wines were eclectic in both origin and price. One of my favorite, somewhat obscure, California faves was on the list. Game on. CBG is a must visit in Ketchum to begin a night on the town.Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Cornerstone Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- AnnaDined on 7/29/2014Love the ambience of this restaurant. They have very unusual appetizers and both the steak and tuna tartar are great but the secret is the calamari appetizer in a tomato sauce. The cesear salad is fabulous. They have a great happy hour and a friendly bar for socializing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOL2HVIPDined on 7/18/2014We totally enjoyed our evening at Cornerstone. Cocktails from their specialty list were superb: try the 'Hot Pedro'! We found the food to be done to our liking and imaginatively prepared. We'll return soon.Special Features:
- Sun Valley must dining experienceDarkTruth1VIPDined on 7/11/2014Once known as the cougar stone, this restaurant has evolved since it opened into an outstanding dining experience. Food was great. Clams linguine, short ribs and elk burger all received raves from our group.Special Features:
- great placeSmartdinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Cornerstone is one of my favorite places in The Sun Valley Area. Very good food with a nice variety on the menu and great daily specials. It's a nice casual place with excellent service. The Bar is long with a great look good wines and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mac n cheeseNellieDined on 7/6/2014We go to the Cornerstone all the time. They have the best mac n cheese and their beef short ribs melt in your mouth, no knife needed. They are always changing up their specials and menu. They have great cocktails as well and a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new dining option Sun ValleyLovesunvalleyDined on 4/5/2014Cornerstone has great food with a fresh menu and affordable good wine. Put it on your SV dining list and you will be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014very sophisticated cocktail menu with shrubs and cocktail vinegars, but they also do the classics very wellSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/3/2014Ordered the black cod. Was overdone and not as fresh as it could be. Lights were quite bright.
- SuggestionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014The waiter was quite nice and great with the kids, The food was tasty, but cold when we got it. I feel if you are paying for quality food, it should be served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect spotMVpartyDined on 2/15/2014We had fine cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Fine food, well presented with ample portions. A good variety of wines by the glass and warm. helpful and friendly service. One member of our party described her meal as the "best" she has had in a restiruant. No one disagreed. Reason price too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok once in awhileCAPTAHADined on 2/14/2014Ambiance was nice and service was stellar. Both our meals were "okay" but too salty. As my wife says "the cook must smoke".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingCurrieDined on 1/26/2014Every meal we have ever had at Cornerstone has been outstanding and this trip was no different. With a group of six, it can be hard to please everyone but each of us LOVED our meal. The service is outstanding, the drink menu inventive and varied and the food perfectly prepared and delicious. Every time we come to Sun Valley we eat here on our first night, trying other places on subsequent nights. And each time we leave regretting eating elsewhere. It is simply the best and we can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try in Sun ValleyLSeattleVIPDined on 1/20/2014Great place with consistently good food. The risotto appetizer was amazing. Not much to choose from as far as entrees for the vegetarian in our group though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Clams I've ever had!!!JoshDined on 1/17/2014The appetizer clams were the best I've tried!!! The elk burger was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where are the fava beanscellistVIPDined on 1/2/2014I find myself disappointed when some ingredients mentioned on menu in a particular dish do not show up on my meal. If there are missing several key ingredients, I wish they would be forthcoming because I would order something else. The fava beans that I eagerly anticipated, were not included in my dish. I don't blame them for not being able to purchase said ingredient, I just wish I had known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ciopino was simply theTommyVIPDined on 12/31/2013The Ciopino was simply the best I've had in a restaurant (including San Fransciso!) Really nice warm service and a fun New Years atmosphere. My new have to visit whenever I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great dinner we hadlove2eatVIPDined on 12/24/2013What a great dinner we had here! Service was on point, ambiance was fantastic, and the food was to die for! We don't live in Sun Valley but will make it a point to eat here every time we come back. Thanks for making our Christmas Eve such a nice one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Holiday bluesKathyabbyVIPDined on 12/16/2013For such a diverse and lavish menu it was sad to see so few customers at the Cornerstone last night. It was our Anniversary and the hostess treated us to champagne and delicious creme brûlée. I hope business picks up through the holidays. The Cornerstone has been one of our favorites for awhile.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/29/2013We really enjoyed the Cornerstone Bar and Grill. The server was excellent - and genuine, something you don't find too often. The food was creative and very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLilyhoustonDined on 11/29/2013Went for a birthday dinner. Service is always excellent as is the food and driinks. The cola braised short ribs, mac and cheese, brussels sprouts are all great choices. Can't go wrong when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised Short RibsDanielVIPDined on 11/14/2013Long, contemporary bar spans the length of this ancient brick building from Ketchum's lead mining days. Full liquor license and great bar tenders. The menu is inventive and well prepared and presented. The BLT Salad is a cube of one burg lettuce covered with blue cheese and bacon! Love the short ribs, but there is always fresh fish, consequently there is a great fish stew with toasted croutons. We're regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CiopinoDanielVIPDined on 10/19/2013The BLT salad is a cube of iceberg lettuce covered with delicious, creamy Roquofort dressing and chunks of bacon, and the beet salad is also memorable. I usually order the short ribs, but the Ciopino is an all-time favorite (fresh seafood stew). The servers are all friendly and fun. Great before or after a movie nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of state family gettogetherMFB45thDined on 10/19/20138 of us had a wonderful time. Great food, great service. Everybody had something different and all dishes were excellentSpecial Features:
- NOT Your average place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2013SORRY, THE PLACE FOR THE PRICE IS NOT THAT SPECIAL. WE WERE VERY RUSHED AND THERE IS REALY NO BAR SCENE.Special Features:
- On Sundays and Mondays thereSunnieDined on 9/1/2013On Sundays and Mondays there is no corking charge, Love that!
- Salmon NicoiseKathyabbyVIPDined on 8/13/2013We both ordered the salmon nicoise for lunch, which was beautifully plated and very fresh. The long, skinny green beans were amazing, as were the dainty boiled eggs and olives. The salmon was slightly browned on the outside and tender and juicy inside. It's hard to imagine this salad without capers and tuna, but it really worked, was light and looked stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ketchum Casual dinningJDRLVVIPDined on 8/4/2013We wanted to have a good meal without being pretentious in Ketchum after the Summer Symphony. I found the Cornerstone on Open Table so decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The casual atmosphere in a vintage brick building was great. The service was amazing and particularly so given that two large groups were being served at the same time as my wife and I. The wine list was respectable but I decided to try a local draft beer. This complimented perfectly my grilled salad wedge with blue cheese, olives with stems, and sliced anchovies, and my main course of the elk burger and sweet potato fries. The portion sizes were large so no desert. Overall a perfect spot for a good meal with reasonable prices on Main Street, Ketchum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2013Everything went smooth on our visit. The decor is modern, but no focal point. Service was quick, but not personable.
- The Place was EmptyKathyabbyVIPDined on 6/27/2013The Cornerstone Bar and Grill is usually packed but last Thursday it was totally empty. We were the only customers there which was sort of nice but worrisome. They only recently opened for lunch and if business doesn't pick up, and it is high season in Sun Valley, Idaho, I wonder if they will close it. Our server was most helpful and charming. The hostess however didn't have a clue that The Cornerstone Bar and Grill was part of the Open Table network and when I asked her for my point she looked at me in utter confusion. Our salads were sophisticated and beautifully plated, the portions not too large which I appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013Always have dinner here one night while in SV. Service has always been 10 out of a 10!!! Try the elk burger and a good cab. To die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ck's critiqueBlackieDined on 3/29/2013from the minute we stepped into Cornerstone the welcome of old fashioned "Good and Plenty" made us feel right at home! we sat upstairs which is quieter than downstairs and more group oriented. Truthfully, downstairs is more bustling and if you have a large group or want a quieter atmosphere upstairs rocks!! we will return!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013We wanted a place for Girls Night Out to sit, relax, and have a great meal...we couldn't have chosen a more perfect spot...The food, service, and total experience was fabulous... The grilled wild salmon with the lobster pernod sauce was done to perfection..organic chicken breast was moist with a hint of molasses...and the chef's special that night was a rave at our table...The menu offers a variety of choices so the Cornerstone is a great place to go whether for a romantic evening for two, a girls night out for dinner, or just sitting at the bar with friends and enjoying a cocktail and some appetizers....Special Features: