Corner Stable - Cockeysville
9942 York Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Corner Stable - Cockeysville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cornerstable.com/
- Phone: 4106668722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, large or small for that special party, luncheon, or business event. Full service or drop off!
A word from Corner Stable - Cockeysville
The Corner Stable has been a Cockeysville landmark for 40 years. It is family friendly and locally owned and operated. The Corner Stable specializes in fall off the bone baby back ribs from Denmark and half pound colossal lump crab cakes. From juicy burgers, tantalizing salads and sandwiches to mouthwatering desserts, there is something for everyone on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Corner Stable - Cockeysville - Best Restaurants in Hunt Valley ›
Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (46)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (23)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The best!!!!!BigBlueAnt72Dined on 8/22/2014The ribs were the best I've ever had!!!! The crab cake had some shell in it but overall was delicious!!! I can't wait to come back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBaltimoronDined on 8/22/2014We were seated immediately and our server, Charles, was great. Love the ribs and crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back for the ribsDRad66VIPDined on 8/15/2014Neighborhood favorite for the ribs and crab cakes that everyone in the family enjoys.Special Features:
- FoodHPALDined on 8/9/2014Food as always was awesome! Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The ribs here are outstanding. Best around. Hubby ordered ribs and chicken and the chicken breast was HUGE!!! Love this place. Server was a bit slow on drink refills but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can not go wrongStreeper21224Dined on 8/2/2014in simple terms ...............just go!!! Try the Texas sauceSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints.StableFanDined on 8/2/2014We look forward to every visit to Corner Stable and always get the Ribs and Crabcake platter...so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariDined on 8/2/2014Nothing fancy, but the ribs were very tender - almost overly so. The servers are outstanding -- cheerful and accommodating. The place was packed, but we didn't have to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Not Impressedmeganlou33Dined on 7/22/2014My fiance & I live in the city, but we were meeting friends in Timonium, so we thought we'd grab dinner with them while we were there. A friend of ours had recommended Corner Stable, and we thought we'd give it a try. Never having been there before, we were confused by the parking lot...way too tiny and over-crowded. The beers we ordered were over-priced. I ordered the slider trio, also over-priced at $14 for 3 mini sliders and fries. The pulled pork bbq was sub-par, and the crab cake was over-cooked. The buffalo chicken was ok. I enjoyed the stable fries. Overall, unimpressed. The place was crowded, so others must like it. But it was a weird building with sub-par/over-priced food. We probably will not return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014We came down from NJ to visit my daughter over the weekend and found this place on Open Table. And, what is find it is! With a plethera of chain restaurants in her area, it was nice to find this awesome place. We each had drinks (very generous), crab cakes, and ribs. The food was outstanding. You don't want to miss this place if you are in the area. When we come back to visit, I will definiately make a return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!Laur0917Dined on 7/11/2014Went to celebrate accomplishments of our daughter & had the best time! The food was delicious and our server, Megan, was wonderful! Talked about our visit several times over the days following when we went - we dine out frequently and this was the best food & service we've had in some time. We started with the onion bloom - had the best dip ever to go with it. It was a horseradish base and really a great compliment to the onion. Crab cakes were tasty with large chunks of meat, the turkey dinner was good and the ribs were excellent! Our daughter got the funnel cake sticks for dessert and she loved them! We were very pleasantly surprised and definitely will be going back soon! Thanks Megan and Corner Stable for a terrific dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 7/1/2014Disappointed this time with both the service and food. I had a hot turkey sandwich and ordered a side of green beans. One thick slice of turkey that didn't cover the bread and abbout ten green beans in a little plastic cup ($1.99?) no butter or seasoning. The waitress was so uncaring , she said nothing when I had to tell her about my disappointment with the food. I'll stick to the ribs next time which is what they do very well.
- Quality foodTnortVIPDined on 6/28/2014Crab cakes and ribs. You need not go any where else as there are no better!Special Features:
- Love the Stable!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 6/27/2014Whether it's just our family or friends or guests from out of town, everyone loves the Corner Stable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner StablefamilymanDined on 6/15/2014What a great place to eat. A small restaurant easily passed by ... but what a mistake. The ribs, the chicken, the pulled pork are all great. Portion sizes are generous and the service is great. We have eaten here several times and when we do we travel about 40 miles to get there. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. A new feature for us was to make a reservation online ahead of time and that worked out real well.Special Features:
- Always Good !!YestoBBQDined on 6/14/2014Looking for for a romantic place to eat or fancy service - forget this place !! This places rocks if you are looking for good ribs, chicken, and seafood. Hands down - one of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Reliably Good Food3dogdadDined on 6/14/2014The Corner Stable's ribs are always falling off the bone tasty. However, this time I splurged for the crab cake to go along with 1/2 rack of ribs. Great choice, as the ribs were wonderful as always and the crab cake was surprisingly good. This was my father's day lunch and it was a fun meal with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtoeatDined on 6/12/2014We love the Corner Stable and their ribs. It is always crowded and noisy but we don't care because that is the atmosphere there. Our waitress, Ericia, was a gem. We almost always go there only for ribs but their crab cakes are pretty good too.Special Features:
- Chicken dinnerHappy2dineVIPDined on 6/10/2014Winner winner chicken dinner. Delicious!!! Will be back soon for chicken and ribs and fabulous crab cakes!!!Special Features:
- for a good timestamresDined on 6/7/2014in the old days the Stable was known only for their ribs, but you got to try their crab cakes, the best. service is quick and friendly, food comes out of the kitchen very fast in short a fun dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribsCarlislegirlsinthecityDined on 6/6/2014Very tasty but a full rack is a small portion. Food was good. Parking is terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation for best ribs accurateRibs4sureDined on 6/1/2014The baby back ribs truly were most tender with the meat falling off the bones. The wait staff were very pleasant, friendly, and on the ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great. .service was ok....clunkDined on 5/31/2014Awesome ribs..great food..could work on waiting area and holding reservations..had to wait 30 mins past time...service could be better but food made up for it. We will definitely be back and visit other location in columbiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ Ribs in the Baltimore areaDRyder9Dined on 5/26/2014A neighborhood gem of a restaurant with excellent BBQ, friendly service and very good prices. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic!PokrChickDined on 5/25/2014Don't go to Corner Stable expecting anything but great food. The place is a bit of a hole in the wall, but the food is consistently great. The ribs and crab cakes are the best anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply GreatIrishfoodfanDined on 5/21/2014There is good and then there is great. I fell in love with the food at the Corner Stable the first time I went there in April this year on a business trip. I will be travelling to the Timonium area at least twice a month and guess where I am going to dine each and every time. You guessed correctly and win the prize.Special Features:
- Sat at the bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014If you're lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, jump at the chance Tyler and Sherry are fantastic. They were quick to make suggestions and they kept the conversation lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!Ribs2die4Dined on 5/17/2014I love, love, love the ribs, but anything you decide on is going to be delicious. You can bet on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and uniqueBobsmymanDined on 5/16/2014There are a lot of ways this place could be better. The side dishes seem to come straight from cans. The food temperature is generally tepid. The prices are nothing great. And yet I keep going back. Why? The ribs and the atmosphere. The ribs are delicious and they fall off the bone. And the atmosphere -- this is the land that time forgot. You are back in an era when service was professional, before food was precious and self conscious and everybody isn't worried about gluten, or trans-fat, or much of anything except enjoying the meal and whether to have that second Yuengling. Go for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribs and crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Really love this place. It is always bustling. The service is just outstanding. It's a true neighborhood gem. Food very consistent. The ribs and crab cake combo is a must (recommend a cold beer with that!). Desserts are huge and tasty. Peach Cobbler and Brookie are sure bets.Special Features:
- NiceTillmoore2014VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was good and the service was great. We made reservations on Mother's Day and we had no wait! We wanted to try something new and different. This was a casual atmosphere. The parking situation was terrible and the "sides" were not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs EverAnonymousDined on 5/11/2014Corner Stable did not disappoint. They have the best ribs anywhere.Special Features:
- Crabcakes to Die For!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We saw that this restaurant made it on one of the Baltimore's best list for Crabcakes and decided to try it. We were not disappointed! The crabcakes were lumpy and creamy on the inside. No filler to be found and no veggies in there to mess it up. It's the real deal! Dad got the fried chicken and loved it and my brother got a Burger that looked and tasted great. My sister's salad even looked really nice. Prices are good and service was good too!Special Features:
- As always, food is wonderfulDRad66VIPDined on 5/9/2014Once you're seated - fast service and wonderful food. Best advice though - MAKE A RESERVATION!!! This place is crazy busy but they do seat parties that make reservations on time!Special Features:
- Good Food!ILuvToEatOutVIPDined on 4/28/2014We often dine in late and the staff is always providing the same level of service and good food and drinks as if we came in during "normal hours". We love having Corner Stable in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews archive.
- Great eats that grate on the earssrsu146Dined on 4/27/2014Noisy and crowded but great food and service. Our hostess was very friendly and helpful. Finding a place to park the car was challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPjkascottDined on 4/27/2014Once again we had a great experience. We were quickly seated and served and the ribs and crab cakes are some of the best in Baltimore and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Place to Dine!billokayDined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent. Prepared just perfectly, and served promptly. The waitress was very attentive and accomodating. Parking could have been a problem, but their alternate sites addressed the problem well. All in all, a very satisfactory dining experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Last-minute large group reservationGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had guests in from out of town as well as the kids home from college and where did everyone want to go? The Corner Stable! As always, the ribs were amazing and the only bad part was that my son forgot to buy several bottles of their sauce to take back to college - yes, it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DiningDeanDined on 4/12/2014I've been here several times now and it is always a pleasure. Great good and service!Special Features: