Corner Stable - Cockeysville
9942 York Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Corner Stable - Cockeysville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cornerstable.com/
- Phone: 4106668722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, large or small for that special party, luncheon, or business event. Full service or drop off!
A word from Corner Stable - Cockeysville
The Corner Stable has been a Cockeysville landmark for 40 years. It is family friendly and locally owned and operated. The Corner Stable specializes in fall off the bone baby back ribs from Denmark and half pound colossal lump crab cakes. From juicy burgers, tantalizing salads and sandwiches to mouthwatering desserts, there is something for everyone on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Corner Stable - Cockeysville - Best Restaurants in Hunt Valley ›
Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (48)kid-friendly (27)great for lunch (23)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome crab cake!JsharpeDined on 9/13/2014Took a family group here on a busy Saturday night. Hadn't been here for 10 years or so. Line of people waiting for tables, but they took us right through to our table of 6 when we arrived. Everything was as we remembered, except we tried the crab cake & ribs this time and the crab cake was tremendous(we won't order anything with crab since moving make to NJ because of how good crab dishes in Balto are). Ribs were very tender, but we forgot how "wet" they are. Still delicious, but we like a dryer rib now. Sevrice was fast an friendly especially on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- good portions and good foodkedsDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for healthy options this is not the place. What they do best is fried food - e.g., fried chicken, ribs, etc. The seating is a bit tight, and you seem to always have to wait 15 minutes, reservations or not. Still, the food is consistent, and if you have a ahnkering for ribs or fried chicken - you cannot go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great Food!greateatsDined on 9/13/2014The food here was excellent and the waitress was very helpful. Would definately recommend to anyone. Parking is a bit hard but well worth it.Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceInterstateDined on 9/9/2014this is a great place for ribs and crab cake and it's fantastic to bring a small informal work party to! We enjoyed our experience there.Special Features:
- Best Baby Back Ribs in BaltimoreOriolefan1Dined on 9/1/2014The Showstopper entree is the best thing on the menu. A full rack of ribs along with a Jumbo Lump Crab cake. Service was very fast and efficient. Make a reservation if this is a holiday or weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner StableJamesucDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed our experience. Made the reservation online, walked in and got our seat. The waitress came right over for our drink order. The food was wonderful, as usual. Great family atmosphere.Special Features:
- chocochocoDined on 8/30/2014The ribs are delicious, crabcake a good size and full of crab. Desserts looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best baby back ribs!!LoveToEatDined on 8/30/2014We live about 25 minutes away and had heard about this restaurant. So our group of six decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed! Loved the ribs....best we have ever had and I don't say that lightly. Plus Charles was a terrific waiter...smart, funny, efficient, professional and always nearby when we needed him. Seriously, the food was delicious, including the wings and blooming onion, plus the two different chocolate desserts that we split. All in all it was a great night with delicious food. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJazzboDined on 8/30/2014This is the first time I have made reservations. When we got there our table was waiting. Service and food was GREAT as always.Special Features:
- Great FoodYoung1Dined on 8/29/2014Our experience at the Corner Stable was an excellent one. The service was very good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- NiceHuckleberry97Dined on 8/22/2014Seating is a bit cramped. When the fries were cold the server immediately brought us hot fries. The shrimp salad sandwich was good except for the mushy toast from the overabundance of mayo. The drinks were great along with the chicken and ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!!!!!BigBlueAnt72Dined on 8/22/2014The ribs were the best I've ever had!!!! The crab cake had some shell in it but overall was delicious!!! I can't wait to come back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBaltimoronDined on 8/22/2014We were seated immediately and our server, Charles, was great. Love the ribs and crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back for the ribsDRad66VIPDined on 8/15/2014Neighborhood favorite for the ribs and crab cakes that everyone in the family enjoys.Special Features:
- FoodHPALDined on 8/9/2014Food as always was awesome! Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The ribs here are outstanding. Best around. Hubby ordered ribs and chicken and the chicken breast was HUGE!!! Love this place. Server was a bit slow on drink refills but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can not go wrongStreeper21224Dined on 8/2/2014in simple terms ...............just go!!! Try the Texas sauceSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints.StableFanDined on 8/2/2014We look forward to every visit to Corner Stable and always get the Ribs and Crabcake platter...so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariDined on 8/2/2014Nothing fancy, but the ribs were very tender - almost overly so. The servers are outstanding -- cheerful and accommodating. The place was packed, but we didn't have to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Not Impressedmeganlou33Dined on 7/22/2014My fiance & I live in the city, but we were meeting friends in Timonium, so we thought we'd grab dinner with them while we were there. A friend of ours had recommended Corner Stable, and we thought we'd give it a try. Never having been there before, we were confused by the parking lot...way too tiny and over-crowded. The beers we ordered were over-priced. I ordered the slider trio, also over-priced at $14 for 3 mini sliders and fries. The pulled pork bbq was sub-par, and the crab cake was over-cooked. The buffalo chicken was ok. I enjoyed the stable fries. Overall, unimpressed. The place was crowded, so others must like it. But it was a weird building with sub-par/over-priced food. We probably will not return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014We came down from NJ to visit my daughter over the weekend and found this place on Open Table. And, what is find it is! With a plethera of chain restaurants in her area, it was nice to find this awesome place. We each had drinks (very generous), crab cakes, and ribs. The food was outstanding. You don't want to miss this place if you are in the area. When we come back to visit, I will definiately make a return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!Laur0917Dined on 7/11/2014Went to celebrate accomplishments of our daughter & had the best time! The food was delicious and our server, Megan, was wonderful! Talked about our visit several times over the days following when we went - we dine out frequently and this was the best food & service we've had in some time. We started with the onion bloom - had the best dip ever to go with it. It was a horseradish base and really a great compliment to the onion. Crab cakes were tasty with large chunks of meat, the turkey dinner was good and the ribs were excellent! Our daughter got the funnel cake sticks for dessert and she loved them! We were very pleasantly surprised and definitely will be going back soon! Thanks Megan and Corner Stable for a terrific dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 7/1/2014Disappointed this time with both the service and food. I had a hot turkey sandwich and ordered a side of green beans. One thick slice of turkey that didn't cover the bread and abbout ten green beans in a little plastic cup ($1.99?) no butter or seasoning. The waitress was so uncaring , she said nothing when I had to tell her about my disappointment with the food. I'll stick to the ribs next time which is what they do very well.
- Quality foodTnortVIPDined on 6/28/2014Crab cakes and ribs. You need not go any where else as there are no better!Special Features:
- Love the Stable!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 6/27/2014Whether it's just our family or friends or guests from out of town, everyone loves the Corner Stable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner StablefamilymanDined on 6/15/2014What a great place to eat. A small restaurant easily passed by ... but what a mistake. The ribs, the chicken, the pulled pork are all great. Portion sizes are generous and the service is great. We have eaten here several times and when we do we travel about 40 miles to get there. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. A new feature for us was to make a reservation online ahead of time and that worked out real well.Special Features:
- Always Good !!YestoBBQDined on 6/14/2014Looking for for a romantic place to eat or fancy service - forget this place !! This places rocks if you are looking for good ribs, chicken, and seafood. Hands down - one of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Reliably Good Food3dogdadDined on 6/14/2014The Corner Stable's ribs are always falling off the bone tasty. However, this time I splurged for the crab cake to go along with 1/2 rack of ribs. Great choice, as the ribs were wonderful as always and the crab cake was surprisingly good. This was my father's day lunch and it was a fun meal with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtoeatDined on 6/12/2014We love the Corner Stable and their ribs. It is always crowded and noisy but we don't care because that is the atmosphere there. Our waitress, Ericia, was a gem. We almost always go there only for ribs but their crab cakes are pretty good too.Special Features:
- Chicken dinnerHappy2dineVIPDined on 6/10/2014Winner winner chicken dinner. Delicious!!! Will be back soon for chicken and ribs and fabulous crab cakes!!!Special Features:
- for a good timestamresDined on 6/7/2014in the old days the Stable was known only for their ribs, but you got to try their crab cakes, the best. service is quick and friendly, food comes out of the kitchen very fast in short a fun dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribsCarlislegirlsinthecityDined on 6/6/2014Very tasty but a full rack is a small portion. Food was good. Parking is terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation for best ribs accurateRibs4sureDined on 6/1/2014The baby back ribs truly were most tender with the meat falling off the bones. The wait staff were very pleasant, friendly, and on the ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great. .service was ok....clunkDined on 5/31/2014Awesome ribs..great food..could work on waiting area and holding reservations..had to wait 30 mins past time...service could be better but food made up for it. We will definitely be back and visit other location in columbiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ Ribs in the Baltimore areaDRyder9Dined on 5/26/2014A neighborhood gem of a restaurant with excellent BBQ, friendly service and very good prices. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic!PokrChickDined on 5/25/2014Don't go to Corner Stable expecting anything but great food. The place is a bit of a hole in the wall, but the food is consistently great. The ribs and crab cakes are the best anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply GreatIrishfoodfanDined on 5/21/2014There is good and then there is great. I fell in love with the food at the Corner Stable the first time I went there in April this year on a business trip. I will be travelling to the Timonium area at least twice a month and guess where I am going to dine each and every time. You guessed correctly and win the prize.Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews archive.
- Sat at the bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014If you're lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, jump at the chance Tyler and Sherry are fantastic. They were quick to make suggestions and they kept the conversation lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!Ribs2die4Dined on 5/17/2014I love, love, love the ribs, but anything you decide on is going to be delicious. You can bet on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and uniqueBobsmymanDined on 5/16/2014There are a lot of ways this place could be better. The side dishes seem to come straight from cans. The food temperature is generally tepid. The prices are nothing great. And yet I keep going back. Why? The ribs and the atmosphere. The ribs are delicious and they fall off the bone. And the atmosphere -- this is the land that time forgot. You are back in an era when service was professional, before food was precious and self conscious and everybody isn't worried about gluten, or trans-fat, or much of anything except enjoying the meal and whether to have that second Yuengling. Go for it.I would recommend this to a friend.