Corner Stable - Cockeysville
9942 York Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Corner Stable - Cockeysville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cornerstable.com/
- Phone: (410) 666-8722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, large or small for that special party, luncheon, or business event. Full service or drop off!
A word from Corner Stable - Cockeysville
The Corner Stable has been a Cockeysville landmark for 40 years. It is family friendly and locally owned and operated. The Corner Stable specializes in fall off the bone baby back ribs from Denmark and half pound colossal lump crab cakes. From juicy burgers, tantalizing salads and sandwiches to mouthwatering desserts, there is something for everyone on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Corner Stable - Cockeysville - Best Restaurants in Hunt Valley ›
Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (43)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (13)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Enjoyed it through my, had come for our Anniversary, received the email for $10 off two entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerJamesVIPDined on 11/15/2014We missed lunch so decided to have an early dinner. Since we were in the area, Corner Stable, Cockeysville was just the place to go. It was the change of shift and both waitresses were humorous and friendly and the transition was smooth. Very nice service!! We ordered ribs and the jumbo crab cake with an onion ring appetizer. All of the side dishes were tasty and the onion rings were piping hot and delicious, just the way we like them! The french fries were good but not very hot and a little dry. The crab cake had a lot of crab chunks on the top but the smaller chunks inside were milder and sweeter. The ribs were lean and just fell of the bones. It was a good, satisfying dinner on a chilly autumn night. The only complaint was the tight parking...we got the last spot and it was still early for dinner. We were grateful that we did not have an SUV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry for BBQRichVIPDined on 11/14/2014I was visiting Baltimore from NY and was in the mood for good BBQ. I asked a friend of mine who lives down there for a recommendation and the only name he gave me was the Corner Stable. He was dead on! While walk-ins were told that there would be a 40 minute wait, they honored our OpenTable reservation and sat us at exactly the time we made it for. The food was excellent! My wife and I both had the 1/2 rack of ribs with crab cake combo. The meat just fell off the bone with a bbq sauce that was flavorful, yet not over the top, and the crab cake was filled with crab and very little filler. I will definitely make the Corner Stable a regular stop when down in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.nappolisgirlDined on 11/14/2014We've been here several times. Always have great service. This time we had four kids under 6 an infant and four adults. Our server was fantastic. Was never impatient with our little ones who would not commit to ordering a meal or who asked for special things. The food runner ( I believe he was a manager) really interacted with the kids and it was amazing. Both my sister and I worked front and back of the house in several restaurants during college and understand the challenges of children at tables sometimes and everyone here was just fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014One of the best Crab soups! Ribs delicious....would be better if served in a regular plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionlovetheribsDined on 10/28/2014Celebrated my son's 21st Birthday at Corner Stable. Enjoyed great ribs and crab cakes. Their service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribsTnDMDined on 10/8/2014Got seated quickly, the staff are very friendly and the ribs are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitJessDined on 10/4/2014We live an hour away. But we try to get here every chance we get. We took a group of 8 this time. We live it every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 10/3/2014The Corner Stable continues to serve Baltimore's best ribs. As they have done for many years, the Corner Stable serves great food and treats it's patrons with outstanding service. Every trip to the Corner Stable is a memorable experience.Special Features:
- The best crabcakes!!!TrixieDined on 10/1/2014I love this place! Great food. Excellent service. Wish they had a restaurant in Carroll County so I wouldn't have to travel so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigeeBigeeDined on 9/28/2014We were looking forward to the fried chicken and ribs. The ribs were very tender, the beans and mashed potatos were good. The fried chicken was hard as a rock. You know there is something wrong when the food comes out right away. The chicken, evidently, had been sitting out and cooked a while ago. Would definitely not come back for the fried chicken and ribs. We told the server, she talked to the manager, the restaurant took $2.00 off the check. Always liked going to Corner Stable, but dont order the fried chicken.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrisbpVIPDined on 9/26/2014Corner Stable has the best ribs EVER. Having said that, my husband, who doesn't eat ribs, loved his meal: Mahi Mahi with crabmeat on top.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great hamburger as usual. And oh coourse the ribs! Can't be beat. So glad they take reservations because the place is packed on the weekends. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome crab cake!JsharpeDined on 9/13/2014Took a family group here on a busy Saturday night. Hadn't been here for 10 years or so. Line of people waiting for tables, but they took us right through to our table of 6 when we arrived. Everything was as we remembered, except we tried the crab cake & ribs this time and the crab cake was tremendous(we won't order anything with crab since moving make to NJ because of how good crab dishes in Balto are). Ribs were very tender, but we forgot how "wet" they are. Still delicious, but we like a dryer rib now. Sevrice was fast an friendly especially on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- good portions and good foodkedsVIPDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for healthy options this is not the place. What they do best is fried food - e.g., fried chicken, ribs, etc. The seating is a bit tight, and you seem to always have to wait 15 minutes, reservations or not. Still, the food is consistent, and if you have a ahnkering for ribs or fried chicken - you cannot go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great Food!greateatsDined on 9/13/2014The food here was excellent and the waitress was very helpful. Would definately recommend to anyone. Parking is a bit hard but well worth it.Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceInterstateDined on 9/9/2014this is a great place for ribs and crab cake and it's fantastic to bring a small informal work party to! We enjoyed our experience there.Special Features:
- Best Baby Back Ribs in BaltimoreOriolefan1Dined on 9/1/2014The Showstopper entree is the best thing on the menu. A full rack of ribs along with a Jumbo Lump Crab cake. Service was very fast and efficient. Make a reservation if this is a holiday or weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner StableJamesucDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed our experience. Made the reservation online, walked in and got our seat. The waitress came right over for our drink order. The food was wonderful, as usual. Great family atmosphere.Special Features:
- chocochocoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The ribs are delicious, crabcake a good size and full of crab. Desserts looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best baby back ribs!!LoveToEatDined on 8/30/2014We live about 25 minutes away and had heard about this restaurant. So our group of six decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed! Loved the ribs....best we have ever had and I don't say that lightly. Plus Charles was a terrific waiter...smart, funny, efficient, professional and always nearby when we needed him. Seriously, the food was delicious, including the wings and blooming onion, plus the two different chocolate desserts that we split. All in all it was a great night with delicious food. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJazzboDined on 8/30/2014This is the first time I have made reservations. When we got there our table was waiting. Service and food was GREAT as always.Special Features:
- Great FoodYoung1Dined on 8/29/2014Our experience at the Corner Stable was an excellent one. The service was very good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- NiceHuckleberry97Dined on 8/22/2014Seating is a bit cramped. When the fries were cold the server immediately brought us hot fries. The shrimp salad sandwich was good except for the mushy toast from the overabundance of mayo. The drinks were great along with the chicken and ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!!!!!BigBlueAnt72Dined on 8/22/2014The ribs were the best I've ever had!!!! The crab cake had some shell in it but overall was delicious!!! I can't wait to come back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBaltimoronDined on 8/22/2014We were seated immediately and our server, Charles, was great. Love the ribs and crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back for the ribsDRad66VIPDined on 8/15/2014Neighborhood favorite for the ribs and crab cakes that everyone in the family enjoys.Special Features:
- FoodHPALDined on 8/9/2014Food as always was awesome! Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The ribs here are outstanding. Best around. Hubby ordered ribs and chicken and the chicken breast was HUGE!!! Love this place. Server was a bit slow on drink refills but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for great food!Young1Dined on 8/6/2014We had a fabulous meal at Corner Stable! I would highly recommend the ribs and crab cake! If you have not eaten at the Corner Stable, you are missing out on a fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can not go wrongStreeper21224Dined on 8/2/2014in simple terms ...............just go!!! Try the Texas sauceSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints.StableFanDined on 8/2/2014We look forward to every visit to Corner Stable and always get the Ribs and Crabcake platter...so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Corner Stable - Cockeysville reviews archive.
- mariDined on 8/2/2014Nothing fancy, but the ribs were very tender - almost overly so. The servers are outstanding -- cheerful and accommodating. The place was packed, but we didn't have to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Not Impressedmeganlou33Dined on 7/22/2014My fiance & I live in the city, but we were meeting friends in Timonium, so we thought we'd grab dinner with them while we were there. A friend of ours had recommended Corner Stable, and we thought we'd give it a try. Never having been there before, we were confused by the parking lot...way too tiny and over-crowded. The beers we ordered were over-priced. I ordered the slider trio, also over-priced at $14 for 3 mini sliders and fries. The pulled pork bbq was sub-par, and the crab cake was over-cooked. The buffalo chicken was ok. I enjoyed the stable fries. Overall, unimpressed. The place was crowded, so others must like it. But it was a weird building with sub-par/over-priced food. We probably will not return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014We came down from NJ to visit my daughter over the weekend and found this place on Open Table. And, what is find it is! With a plethera of chain restaurants in her area, it was nice to find this awesome place. We each had drinks (very generous), crab cakes, and ribs. The food was outstanding. You don't want to miss this place if you are in the area. When we come back to visit, I will definiately make a return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!Laur0917Dined on 7/11/2014Went to celebrate accomplishments of our daughter & had the best time! The food was delicious and our server, Megan, was wonderful! Talked about our visit several times over the days following when we went - we dine out frequently and this was the best food & service we've had in some time. We started with the onion bloom - had the best dip ever to go with it. It was a horseradish base and really a great compliment to the onion. Crab cakes were tasty with large chunks of meat, the turkey dinner was good and the ribs were excellent! Our daughter got the funnel cake sticks for dessert and she loved them! We were very pleasantly surprised and definitely will be going back soon! Thanks Megan and Corner Stable for a terrific dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 7/1/2014Disappointed this time with both the service and food. I had a hot turkey sandwich and ordered a side of green beans. One thick slice of turkey that didn't cover the bread and abbout ten green beans in a little plastic cup ($1.99?) no butter or seasoning. The waitress was so uncaring , she said nothing when I had to tell her about my disappointment with the food. I'll stick to the ribs next time which is what they do very well.
- Quality foodTnortVIPDined on 6/28/2014Crab cakes and ribs. You need not go any where else as there are no better!Special Features:
- Love the Stable!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 6/27/2014Whether it's just our family or friends or guests from out of town, everyone loves the Corner Stable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner StablefamilymanDined on 6/15/2014What a great place to eat. A small restaurant easily passed by ... but what a mistake. The ribs, the chicken, the pulled pork are all great. Portion sizes are generous and the service is great. We have eaten here several times and when we do we travel about 40 miles to get there. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. A new feature for us was to make a reservation online ahead of time and that worked out real well.Special Features: