321 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cornersocialnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125108552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11 am - 4 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4 pm to 12 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11 am - 4 pm
Late night menu: Every night 12 am - 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Romans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering details please contact us at email@example.com
- Special Events: Join us for Thanksgiving! We are opening at 3pm and serving a 3 course Prix Fixe Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner $29.95 per person
- Cross Street: 126th Street
- Public Transit: 2 & 3 express lines to 125th Street station and Lenox Avenue are a short block away
A, B, C & D to 125th Street and Saint Nicholas Avenue Station are 3 blocks away
4, 5 & 6 to 125th Street and Lexington Avenue are 4 blocks away
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is available just 1/2 a block west of Corner Social on West 126th Street between Lenox Avenue and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd.
A word from Corner Social
Locals and those who take eating and drinking seriously know that perched at the northwest corner of 126th and Lenox is a dining and drinking destination that embraces the very best of Harlem; a warm, inviting, vibrant, pulsing scene. Corner Social offers late night dining, outdoor seating, special DJ nights, in addition to daily lunch, dinner, weekend brunch, a 18-brass tap bar and year round custom catering for events large and small. A proud member of the Harlem community, Corner Social sources ingredients from local vendors that serve the community and partners with local organizations that further the interests of the Harlem neighborhoods it serves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Corner Social reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ang1256VIPDined on 10/8/2014We arrived 7 minutes after our reservation time (6:37 for a 6:30 reservation) and they didn't have a table available for our party of 8, despite making the reservation days earlier. Once seated at a small, 5-6 person table, we said we were aiming to go to a show and would need to leave in an hour. Our food came 45 minutes later, after some of the much later orders around us. While the food was good, the failure to keep the reservation will make me choose another restaurant before going back.
- Wish it had been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/6/2014I had really wanted to like this place but it's amazing how much a poor server can spoil an evening. With a pleasant waitress we could have overlooked the slow service and good, not great food. After all, it's a cool spot. And the drinks were good. But our waitress could not have cared less about us. seriously, it was like we offended her somehow. She smiled, but then ignored us, forgot drinks, never checked on our food, asked how we liked it, or offered us a dessert menu. There are too many great restaurants to have to deal with that sort of thing.
- Beware the "Bad-Mannered bus boy”SenatorDined on 8/24/2014Wife and I visited here 4 brunch many times. LOVED it. Aug 24th, we had a bday dinner w/8 people at table 2H. Food was tasty. Waitress EILEEN was lovely/attentive. Music/DJ was great(touch TOO LOUD). Hard to hear each other. THING THAT RUBBED US THE WRONG WAY? Tall wiry bus boy came over, rudely pointed to cupcakes we prepared for wife's bday, said to my wife..."I want that one". We thought he was joking, but was quite serious. We do not mind sharing..wasn't that..was the blunt way in which he approached the table(and my wife directly)with an air of entitlement. As if we were in his home 4 dinner. Unprofessional. Most of staff could use a lesson in manners. Fairly small, yet noticeable hick-up, in what was otherwise a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Good Times at Corner SocialSirEatsalotDined on 8/8/2014Corner Social is a wonderful addition to the food/bar scene in Central Harlem. It is usually busy and energetic. Service can be hit or miss. If it's a miss it's usually because they're slammed with customers. A little patience and a kind word will help a great deal. Food is amazing. The cheeseburger Spring Roles are a must!Special Features:
- Hot spot in HarlemfoodieluverDined on 7/19/2014This was definitely the place to be Saturday night. Most of the outside tables were taken so the hostess found us a great "window"seat which was actually a wide open door panel so it felt like we were outside. They were very accommodating (seating is before our whole group had arrived as we were starving), friendly and our server was fun. The nacho app was huge and really filling. Lobster Mac was delicious and the crab cake (1) was tasty. I enjoyed the sidecar cocktail too; sweet but not over the top. Bathrooms were even decent!! Great place - I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more chancesUptownDinerDined on 7/4/2014Live around neighborhood..this was 2nd chance for restaurant...first time son's chicken on sandwich was raw and not warm,, and my french toast with cornflakes was cold.--lively atmosphere, always crowded, we decided to try again, especially since soccer games would be playing on the many screens....this time..my order for turkey burger (simple) wast wrong 2 times...no time to wait for another...they gave us free dessert -we chose brownie with ice cream..tasted like brownie from mix.....ice cream, meh.. also had cheeseburger spring rolls, extremely greasy, and mac/cheese with lobster, nothing special.. service is extremely slow...not worth another visit .too many other better restaurants around...Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Corner Social reviews archive.
- a wonderful dinnerDandGDined on 3/19/2014This is a happening place. Make reservations or you won't get a seat. The menu is inventive and entrees delicious. Desserts were fabulous. It's vibrant there so don't be looking for a quiet dinner, but if you're looking for a delicious one this is a great place.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationElVeeDined on 12/12/2013My friends wanted to celebrate my birthday with dinner. I chose Corner Social although I'd never eaten there. I am very happy I did. I made reservations because there were a few guest with me. Upon arrival we were greeted and seated immediately. We chose appetizers, salads and entrees. All the dishes were really good, flavorful and the portions were large. The drinks were really good too. I had the 321 pineapple and would definitely recommend it. The wait staff was attentive and very pleasant. I would highly recommend the kale salad; I don't eat pork so I had it without bacon. The bean nachos were pretty good. The butternut squash lasagna is heavenly and the chicken wings were nice and spicy. Overall experience, awesome. I returned today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun NightMaggieVIPDined on 12/5/2013Corner Social proved to be a great venue for a night out with friends. It's good for small groups - no more than 6-8. The drinks and nachos were soooo good and the pumpkin lasagna was fabulous! Others enjoyed the crab cakes and burgers. We had an energetic and attentive waitress who added to the lively, fun-filled evening. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double DateLLum83VIPDined on 12/2/2013Went here last night with my Fiancee and our friends for a double date dinner. Nothing too special about the food, service was okay although the order was wrong and had to be sent back. They were apologetic about it. Turkey burger lacked flavor($14) the salad was just COSTCO bought salad sprinkled with some cheese. The nachos were large in portion but also lacked taste. All in all an "american" diner type place but with over priced items. At least the company was great.Special Features:
- bdaymontyDined on 11/21/2013It was my girldriends birthday. The restaurant was accomodating. The food was off the chain. We really enjoyed our leave lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazzlingly DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013Wow! We had an extraordinarily great meal at this urbane, uptown food utopia. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HottttttttOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We are from DC, it was a great spot... Kinda like our U St. Great night life and bar scene. Good music.Special Features:
- Harlem delight....JoJoDined on 8/11/2013Corner Social was fun, casual and a perfect dining spot for my party of 6. The food was great. .. the band was awesome. .. the hostess was welcoming and accommodating. .. service was fast and always with a smile!Special Features:
- Night out with the girl!HOLLYWOODDined on 8/10/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant in an up and coming area. I enjoyed the menu and wine selections. The fried oysters were a hit.Special Features:
- A bit too noisylookingforgoodVIPDined on 8/2/2013The food was great and our server was fantastic, but I couldn't hear anyone at my table during our dinner conversation. The music was just TOO loud. The server tried to respond when we asked her to turn it down, but a few songs later, it was back at a loud level.Special Features:
- Great TimeCocoDeviDined on 7/22/2013Came here for quick bite with friends got here for Happy Hour, Strong Drinks and Great Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2013We needed an evening out to catch up and agreed to make the trek from our respective homes in Queens, Northern New Jersey and Staten Island. It was well worth the trip. The atmosphere has a relaxed vibrance as we never felt rushed while chatting and people-watching. We left with full bellies and warmth in. our hearts. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- DisappointingjaneDined on 6/23/2013While the service and atmosphere was good, the noise level was too high for conversation and the food was expensive and small amounts. We didn't want to stay for dessert. Disappointing.
- Harlem hot spot & hip cuisineSmurfeatsDined on 6/21/2013Corner Social has great food & a very energetic, hip vibe. Everything we tried was super yummy! The fried macaroni is a must. The staff is super accommodating & very nice. It was a great place for a birthday celebration! It would also be a great NYC date spot. Fun & vibrant! Highly recommend all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceHobokengurl216Dined on 6/14/2013I thought the food was good. However, I think the portion sizes are kind of small. I wasn't starving once I ate my meal but I could have eaten more because I wasn't full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious and AccommodatingTantanDined on 6/14/2013My guests were driving into NYC from Philadelpha and we're over 90 minutes late. The hostess Camille was extremely accommodating by changing my reservation. Once we arrived she graciously allowed me to be seated outside as requested in my note when booking online. Unfortunately, the weather changed instantly and she was extremely gracious about seating my guests inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool little spot in Harlem.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2013Cool little spot in Harlem. Nice outdoor dining. The food and wine were good. Outstanding service!Special Features:
- One of my favesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013I have been coming here for awhile and it never disappoints, the food is excellent and the service is on point. I bought some friends who have never been (after I suggested this place) and they too enjoyed the food & experience. Oh can't forget I love the music that is one of my main reasons for liking this place so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local hangout - really notsteenVIPDined on 4/18/2013A local hangout - really not that great and super noisy. Just go for a drink if you like.Special Features:
- Food was fine, place had aUWSmomVIPDined on 4/1/2013Food was fine, place had a nice vibe. waitress was friendly but increasingly innatentive. on the loud side, but I'd still go back for a better than decent meal at a reasonable price.
- This is a great spot. TheJaneVIPDined on 3/24/2013This is a great spot. The food is good, the scene is buzzing, and the service is great. Harlem needs more spots like this. It's a comfortable, fun place to eat and drink. It gets a great crowd later at night, too. Great addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- A Social Place on a Harlem CornerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013I had such a wonderful time at the Corner Social. A gathering of Book Club friends was made a festive event due to the kind, courteous and efficient staff who catered to our needs. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Great music, felt like a funOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Great music, felt like a fun night out. Very loud though. Food was tasty. Fun place to go.Special Features:
- I went here with some friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013I went here with some friends for my birthday. The restaurant accomodated a reservatuon change last minute and our server was patient with people changing orders, etc. Food was good, fun atmosphere, etc. Definitely a lively scene which was fun as well.Special Features:
- Always A Fun Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013Gem in Harlem, nice friendly staff, good food ( the wings are my fave,) great to grab a drink, chat with friends, people watch or have a nice convo with nice new people...Special Features:
- Had a blast! The atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Had a blast! The atmosphere was wonderful!! The music was awesome. It was a classic harlem spot. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great servers and good energy....foOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Great servers and good energy....food decent, but it wasn't the highlight. The DJ/music and place was greatSpecial Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2012Great upbeat, happening place. Food was fine, but the cheeseburger spring rolls were to die for. Don't miss them, no matter how weird they sound. We were there at 7:30 on a Thursday night and by the time we left the restaurant, the bar was packed and spilling over. Lots of fun, energetic people, but it was a little loud.
- Fun Bar, Great Food, A+ StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012We showed up late for our reservation due to unexpected gas lines and the staff was SO helpful. They found us a table, gave me a charger for my iPhone and were so nice in general even though we were all in a sour mood after nearly running out of gas and having to wait in a long line to get it. The food was fantastic and the waiter brought it right away after I let him know we had show tickets. Definitely recommend this neighborhood gem. One caveat is that it is LOUD but in a fun way. I didn't mind since the ambient noise helped muffle my 7 year old's temper tantrum halfway through dinner!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2012We arrived on time but since our table was not ready we got free drinks all night. Great customer service. Good food. Very loud but fun vibe and such beautiful people. Felt great just to be there!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2012I love this place. The service from the staff and owner is great! There is one bartender with a nasty attitude but we just avoid going to him. We imagine he wont last long with that attitude. The food is tasty and the bar is always packed. I would recommend going earlier in the evening when it is a little less crowded. (Especially during the weekends.) Also, they have two great djs.Special Features:
- Brooklyn meets Harlem...HungryGalDined on 9/28/2012I had reservations for 6 at 8:30. We checked in at 8:35p but didn't get seated until 9:05p. The table that was prepared for us only had 5 seats and it took the hostess FOREVER to settle the table. Three members of my party had to say something to her. We watched as other patrons were seated and became annoyed quickly. Not everyone enjoyed their meal but I did (turkey sliders). The mac & cheese balls...PHENOMENAL...was the consensus at the table! A strong recommend! The music as the night progressed was amazing. We danced in our chairs and hoped the next place we decided to go to for dancing had music just as good. Overall, I was satisfied and am hoping the next time we return, the hostess will be better at her job.Special Features:
- The food was flavorless. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The food was flavorless. The server was OK, but when asked for a well done burger/no garlic sauce, he stated "we can't do that." He then checked and found out it was possible. A "can't do" attitude instead of a "can do" attitude is not indicative of the NYC dining experience. The restaurant's lighting was too dim, which made reading the menu difficult at best. We tried this restaurant because it looked exciting when we pass by it (from work) and the website menu looked appetizing, w. The waiter informed us that the online menu was old. Many items were no longer available. Please update! I would not recommend Corner Social to friends/family, which is too bad, considering we want to eat local (Harlem) and support new businesses in the a
- The highlight was seeing TashaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2012The highlight was seeing Tasha Smith. Burgers were good too.Special Features: