Corner Shop Cafe
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Corner Shop Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cornershopcafe.com/
- Phone: 2122537467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Brunch: Weekends: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Corner Shop Cafe
Corner Shop cafe was re-opened in 2011 with a fresh design, as well as the familiar tasty food from its past. Chef Dominic Rice whips up a variety of dishes that will please any palate and leave no culinary craving unfulfilled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Corner Shop Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Only OKMardiVIPDined on 5/14/2013The food was pretty good, the service was fine. I could see myself coming back for a quick dinner due to its location right near my office, but I won't go back until I've explored many more options in the area. If you're looking for a great restaurant in the area, try Burger & Barrel!
- Sunday BrunchNYCoupleVIPDined on 5/4/2013We went for Sunday brunch. Food, Service, & Ambiance were all very good. We shared cornmeal pancakes with blueberries and marscapone. The pancakes were delicious and light. And the French Toast with grilled peaches was also wonderful, light, and thoroughly satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2013I met my friend here for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. We were seated and waited nearly 10 minutes before a server came to our table to take our order. I was disappointed with my lamb salad, it was really just a patty of ground lamb. The service was not good. Will not be back.
- This is a great spot for aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2013This is a great spot for a large group. I went with friends I hadn't seen in ages and though the numbers were less than anticipated, the restaurant had no problem accomodating us. We were there from 7:30-midnight and were never rushed. Tasty comfort foods and good for sharing. Nice specialty cocktails tooSpecial Features:
- So GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/26/2013Really great food, and really great service. Went for a dinner meeting and our server was very patient with us taking our time. He was great and the food was great. I will return.Special Features:
- tasty oasis in NYU desertnewtoUESVIPDined on 3/15/2013Had a great meal - great service and delish food. Would definitely recommend. A nice break from the otherwise college-ish places in the area!Special Features:
- I have always loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013I have always loved this restaurant, but was dissapointed with the new menu...a few of my favourites are gone...the garlic mashed potatoes were fabulous but available no more...grilled asparagus also no longer available as a side....would have returned for a second meal had I been happier with the menu, nut opted to try an alternate restaurant instead...
- Had Sunday Brunch and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/3/2013Had Sunday Brunch and the food was excellent. Young, eclectic group which, unfortunately,was the reason for the really loud chatter. You can barely hear yourself think. I, however, will return because the food was that good. Make a reservation (I did), or you will have to wait. The place gets very crowded.Special Features:
- Arrived for Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/24/2013Arrived for Sunday brunch and had a reservation. About 3 other parties arrived at the same time, all with reservations. Despite our respective reservations, each party had to wait anywhere from ~15-30 minutes for a table. While I know this can be par for the course in NYC, it's still frustrating when you're starving and have a reservation to have to stand in the (tiny) entryway and wait a half hour. The maitre d' was a very nice guy but clearly overwhelmed. Once we were seated, no complaints at all. The waiter was funny, attentive, and quick, the food great, and the restaurant itself adorable. Will definitely go back, but will probably try to avoid busy times.Special Features:
- This is a happy girl!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013What a memorable brunch! The pappardelle was amazing! Also, the truffled poached eggs and the French toast killed it. Our server and backwaiter were super friendly and very helpful. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I seem toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My girlfriend and I seem to come here once or twice a month and are always very pleased with the quality of food we received. We were excited to experience Valentine's Day dinner here, we were just disappointed that we couldnt enjoy the menu that love so much because there was a mandatory 3 course menu without any of our favorites. The highlight of the meal was the Leg of Lamb with papardelle pasta, it was delicious. Definitely recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Super ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We made a res for Sat at 11 w a request for a window the was fulfilled. Such nice staff in a neighborhood agued with condescension.Special Features:
- Service was Outstanding, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2013Service was Outstanding, Food was delicious and overall experience was excellent. I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant over and over again.Special Features:
- Excellent service! So attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2013Excellent service! So attentive. Ambiance is beautiful and food is really great.Special Features:
- A+ very enjoyable for Brunch.TVernonDined on 1/20/2013A+ very enjoyable for Brunch. Hot Toddies are delicious!Special Features:
- Give it a try!NYCoupleVIPDined on 1/13/2013We have only had brunch a few times at Corner Shop Cafe. Always pleased with the food. Love the Creme Brulee Dipped French Toast and also enjoyed the Eggs Benedict. The PB & Banana Grilled Sandwich is unique and delicious, but order it only if you have a good appetite or want to share it with someone else. The service is not bad, but can be a little rough around the edges like the time they tried to take my plate less than 10 minutes after w'd been served. My husband sort of gobbled down his meal and was finished, but I was clearly NOT finished yet!Special Features:
- We recently had a Sunday brunchLsarVIPDined on 1/6/2013We recently had a Sunday brunch at Corner. THe menu was fairly traditional, not too extensive and the food was fine. Nothing was notable in either a positive or negative way. This was the reservation we were able to get at the last minute and we did not have to wait at all.Special Features:
- I came here with 5 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I came here with 5 friends for New Years Eve. I had the vegetable risotto, which was delicious, but I think the lobster mac & cheese was the winner at our table! Fun cocktails, yummy food...overall a great find.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012My husband and I really enjoyed our food and could have ordered anything on the menu - it all sounded delicious. Would definitely return next time we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We live just around the cornerItalianSnobVIPDined on 12/30/2012We live just around the corner from this restaurant and it's a solid standby for us. It never fails to offer a great meal at a very reasonable price for NYC. Their salads are always delicious though I wish the Smoked Salmon and arugula salad was back on the menu!Special Features:
- My friend and I came hereScottoInFoHillsVIPDined on 12/27/2012My friend and I came here after a night at the theater and had a wonderful meal. The service was elegant, friendly and accommodating. The ambiance was warm and welcoming. I had the Mexican corn on the cob to start and the filet mignon special. My friend had the prosciutto and pear salad and the portobello sandwich. We heartily recommend all of these. As an added bonus, the coffee was also spectacular. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- We were going to the operaMaggieDined on 12/7/2012We were going to the opera and so ate early hence the lower score on ambiance and noise. Great service. Excellent food. I would definitely recommend a visit.
- Noticed this little coffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Noticed this little coffee shop when I first moved to New York City and wanted to try it since. Went on Saturday and had the free range chicken dish - 1 word AMAZING. Really delicious sandwich, as was the coffee! And very good value for money!Special Features:
- StandardSmithVIPDined on 11/11/2012Met a friend for brunch before a day of shopping in SoHo. The food was fine, but nothing special. The breakfast burrito was basic and the eggs benedict was fine. Service was lovely and they refilled our mimosas often. If you're in the neighborhood, it is a safe option. Wouldn't make a special trip just to dine there.
- More than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We had lunch before a "pinkalicious"performance with 5 and 3 year little girls. I had called ahead to ask about the menu since it said no substitutions and was concerned about choices for the kids. Was told the chef would be happy to make them something they would like. They were wonderful! Made the girls plain pasta and a couple of other things---making everyone happy! We had to 'drag' the three yr old away from the table as she was enjoying EVERYTHING!!!Special Features:
- Gastronome's gem (service excluded)FodoDined on 10/22/2012Hidden in plain sight, in the more industrial section of Broadway, is this gem for gastronomes. The name, more appropo for a 50s diner, does the restaurant no justice. The food is simply extraordinary. We started with garlic shrimp--delectable. My friend had the roasted root vegetarian salad, and I ordered their red snapper, a special, and a side of brussels sprouts. Everything was delicious. In stark contrast to the exceptional food was the service. While not poor, it seemed so out of place. Specials were read off a pad in monotone, "how is your meal" was asked--twice--thirty seconds after the dish was served. You won't be impressed by the service, but you'll tell ten friends about the food. Delicious!Special Features:
- Très bonne cuisine abordableFabienneFrance33Dined on 10/18/2012Chaleureux, cadre agréable,c'est là que nous avons mangé le mieux à 4 personnes durant notre séjour de 16 jours aux Etats Unis:En plus de la carte un menu à tarif unique que nous avons choisi car celui ci propose déjà un bon choix de 3 plats pour 30 € (hors taxe et tip bien sur).Les plats bien présentés et savoureux sont en quantité idéale.En entrée :une soupe tomate velouté délicieuse,ou le tartare de saumon avocat,plat poulet grillé et purée maison(simple direz vous) délicieux,ou des raviolis maisons au fromage frais;et le dessert!...Bref je serais heureuse de trouver un restaurant ou la cuisine est si bonne près de chez moi en France pour ce prix là! La sangria est divine,et on nous a offert le champagne ! Parfait,réservation surtout.Special Features:
- Charming corner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2012Small, charming corner spot in the west village. Food was good, maitre 'd was very accommodating. Had a reservation and was rewarded the prime corner view table.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great atmosphereovisDined on 8/18/2012The food was extraordinarily delicious. We came for brunch and had the truffled poached eggs (yumm), the cuban pulled pork sandwich (yumm), the goat cheese omelette and creme brulee-dipped french toast. Everything was freshly prepared, was not too heavy and tasted wonderful. Staff was very nice and attentive. The only minor complaint: the no-substitution policy was enforced a little too strictly in our opinion. They wouldn't let us swap fries for plain toast; they ended up not bringing the fries and charging us for the toast. Apart from that little glitch - great brunch!Special Features:
- What a nice surprise! The2ndtimerVIPDined on 7/31/2012What a nice surprise! The menu is varied and somewhat inventive. They have a great prix fix menu. I am looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Highly recommend the chocolateRockyVIPDined on 7/28/2012Highly recommend the chocolate bread pudding for dessert.
- This is a really cute cafe... EnOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2012This is a really cute cafe... Enjoyed my sunday brunch here. Ordered the truffled poached eggs (was yummy and fresh tasting) and then my eyes were drawn to the organic blueberry pancakes......so my voracious belly decided to order that too! I'm so glad I ordered them too because they were delish! Light and fluffy and great flavor and pretty looking pancakes to boot! Am curious to come try this place for lunch/dinner also. Definitely come here for brunch though. Great service and a really cute, quaint ambience. Brunch prices are quite reasonable too.Special Features:
- Cute little cafe with great,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Cute little cafe with great, reasonably priced brunch menu. we got the Creme Brûlée French Toast, Blueberry Pancakes, and Truffled Poached Eggs -- Yum! Service was a little slow, but overall the place was great for a reunion with friends.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant!TkelleyVIPDined on 4/7/2012We love this restaurant! It was the first little place we found while exploring the area and make a point to go every time we visit the city! Antonio is so personable and everyone we have had serve us is just delightful Thank you Chef for making bearnaise sauce for my son's filet vs the burgundy!Special Features: