Corner Bistro & Wine Bar
9823 Tapestry Park Circle Suite #1
Jacksonville, FL 32269Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Corner Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cornerbistrowinebar.com/
- Phone: 9046191931
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:30am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Custom catering available, please call (904)619-1931 for more information.
- Entertainment: Live pianist and other entertainment on select days, visit www.cornerbistrowinebar.com for current entertainment schedule.
A word from Corner Bistro & Wine Bar
Come take pleasure in Southside Jacksonville’s newest upscale dining experience! Corner Bistro & Wine Bar's fresh bar presents an extensive selection of fine wine, chic cocktails and martinis, and a wide variety of domestic and import beers. Our menu is comprised of a unique blend of Modern American favorites with an international flare. We strive for perfection, that's why everything on our seasonal menu is comprised from fresh, never frozen, ingredients. Live music sets the mood on the weekends, whether you are looking to enjoy that perfect bottle of wine alongside our piano, or relax on our spacious patio we offer something for everyone. Events, Menu, Entertainment, Directions, Catering and Private Dining Info: www.cornerbistrowinebar.com 9823-1 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32246Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Corner Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Corner Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (9)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice locationJoeBDined on 9/19/2014Corner Bistro had a nice atmosphere, food was reasonably good, not exceptional, service was great. Entrée prices way too high though.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.ThomasVIPDined on 9/19/2014This weekend was our 21st wedding anniversary. We celebrated all weekend and one night we came to Ovinte. My wife is a wine lover, so she was excited to see such an impressive wine list. I just love food and the menu was fantastic. We ordered the salad with the goat cheese, dates, apples, walnuts, etc. It was exceptionally good. We then continued with a series of tapas and each one kept getting better. We were thrilled. I would highly recommend Ovinte to my friends and family.Special Features:
- First time at Corner BistrojustmeDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had heard about the restaurant but we never went there until this past weekend. We will go back the food and drinks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner Bistro - Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We went to corner bistro for an early dinner. Tried to order a wine at happy hour - but they were out of any wine under $10 a glass - even the house wines! The beef carpaccio appetizer was very good, and the piano man pasta was good as well. Our waiter was very friendly, but clearly pushed us to buy more expensive things. Overall, it was good... but very pricey for the quality.
- Very EnjoyableCassieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Adam, was perfect for us! We like to talk a while before ordering and Adam was attentive without being obtrusive. It was the first night for a new chef and our food was excellent! This was our best experience so far! Great job!Special Features:
- r u kidding medineallthetimeVIPDined on 8/12/2014what a great venue. quaint, stylish, neat bar and patio. ate with 5 friends past week. 2 reports of "fair" and 4 awfuls. the salmon was clearly spoiled and fishy. pasta bland. salad you could find at Dennys. puhlease, go visit the chef at marker 32, ocean 60, bb's, jj's and take notes. this is a great spot in an up and coming neighborhood, come on guys, get it going and be the the next premier spot in jacksonville
- Enjoyable, delicious dinnerhas2Dined on 8/11/2014We've eaten here several times and have really enjoyed it. While the restaurant likely is busy at some times, most of the times we go are early and it is quiet and very enjoyable. Wait staff is attentive; some special treats in entrees.Special Features:
- New chef?SusanDined on 8/3/2014When we finally got our food it was fine. Our waiter commented that the chef was having a bad day but everything turned out ok, just took a while.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!UghmeisterDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I had been before, with mixed results, but thought we'd try again. While the presence of only three reservation times made us think that it would be very busy, when we arrived, there weren't many people there. Still, the ambiance was warm and friendly. My wife had the pork chops and I had the 18 ounce ribeye, which was huge. Both dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariaBDined on 6/27/2014I've had Sunday Brunch here before and my family and I enjoyed it.Recently my friends and I had lunch, this was the first time they have been to Corner Bistro and all of them liked the ambiance. It wasn't load like other restaurants. The waitress was very nice and helpful and when our order came, oh my God it was so good! Overall, definitely and place to recommend and will come back.Special Features:
- Great Find! Authentic DiningjnjewlzDined on 6/21/2014Thanks Open Table. In town for a wedding. This was a fantastic find. Excellent food. Great service. Very nice ambiance. Simple and mastered selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Corner Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great experienceLORDphoenix2075Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed our time dining at the Corner Bistro. The food was great and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!CassieVIPDined on 5/24/2014We've been to this restaurant 2 other times and were unimpressed by food and service. We had decided to mark this one off our list but decided, after more than 1 year, to give it another try. We were very pleased with our server, Allison, and the food was excellent. We will try this again and hope to have the same outstanding results!Special Features:
- HemingwaysVIPDined on 5/24/2014we had an early reservation as we were planning to attend a show after dinner. first, martini had to be returned as it was made incorrectly, then main dish that we ordered had a white chocolate sauce on it not described on the menu. overall the atmosphere was good...nice looking interior and outside patio and a piano bar that could be fun later at night...we were there too early to take advantage of that. But overall, we would not recommend or return to this restaurant.
- Beautiful & tastyfitfoodieDined on 5/18/2014Had a small business group (5 people) to entertain for Sunday dinner. Our table was outside in the covered patio area and the ambiance was perfect. Not a lot of noise, but plenty of other patrons near us so it didn't seem empty. The service started off great, but seemed to dwindle as the evening wore on. Of 5 people, 1 got their plate of food at least 5 mins before the rest of the group. Then 2 more, then finally, everyone had their food. The food was very good. I have been to Corner for Bistro for lunch & dinner several times and have enjoyed it every time. Our business group enjoyed it; 2 commented that they would go there again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMoscaDined on 5/18/2014We have dined here in the past and had a great meal. However this time the meal was awful. The spinach salad was good. The scallop crepes were dreadful. The waiter was good and replaced our meal and had a complimentary glass of wine.
- great foodmhuckDined on 4/6/2014The food here was great. One issue was that we took out desert to go and one of the deserts was not one of the ones that we ordered but overall I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurantrire2gDined on 3/28/2014Very good service, nice selection of food and good wine.Special Features:
- Another great eveninghas2Dined on 3/18/2014We first went to the Corner Bistro on Valentine's Day. It was busy, but we had a pleasant table in their outdoor seating area...which was quieter. We enjoyed it so much we returned for another special occasion. Fewer people and quieter. We were able to enjoy unusual drinks, a nice wine and a very tasty dinner. (She had the pasta with homemade sausage, I had the chicken Oscar special meal). Only negative: restaurant was a bit chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and serviceRichardVIPDined on 3/8/2014Incredible food from appetizers to the entrée, our waiter was attentive and courteous of our needs. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereWineloverDined on 2/23/2014Nice place but too pricey. Location was difficult to find.Special Features:
- Great Ambience but little elseGrantVIPDined on 2/22/2014This was a spot we tried with some friends that we discovered on Open Table and was in an area of town we knew was up and coming. The restaurant has a great location and great atmosphere that gave us hopes it would be an incredible dining experience. We were greeted warmly and our server arrived promptly to our table. The wine list and menu is extensive and provides options for a variety of tastes. We experienced a nice evening. Our drinks were kept full. The food came out at the right temperature. The food in general was pretty good but not worth the prices they charge. You can get the atmosphere and a much higher level of food quality for the same price or less somewhere else. I would recommend for drinks and desert.Special Features:
- High hopesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I had high hopes for Valentine's at Corner Bistro. I've described my experiences at this restaurant as always a great meal with an astounding ambience. Until feb 14, 2014.... A 5 course prix fixe with each course large enough to be a meal, but each course uninspired and not appetizing. The salmon appetizer, mushroom/leak soup, caesar salad, steak, and chocolate cake together were enough to change from loving the restaurant to never ever going back. I have paid less across the street at Pom's for a truly gourmet meal.
- Valentine's Dinnerhas2Dined on 2/14/2014We had not tried this restaurant before and it was a bit difficult to locate--since we are new to town. But, once we arrived it was a great experience. We ate outdoors on an enclosed dining area with propane heaters. Very comfortable and much more quiet than indoors. Our waitress, Karen, was exceptional--attentive but allowing us time to enjoy our dinner, even on this very busy night. We enjoyed a cocktail and the extensive wine list. We had a five course meal and enjoyed every bit of it. We're already planning to return for a more normal evening and are looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014I took my husband here for his birthday & he loved it. The piano music was nice as well on a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDeadocmikeVIPDined on 1/24/2014This cam eup on Open Table and we decided to give it a shot. Food was great, especially the short ribs. Great ambiance. It is a mystery as to why I hadn't heard of it. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!GoodnickDined on 1/22/2014Went with a group including my 6 year old grandson. Though I wouldn't classify the place as kid friendly (they don't have a kid's menu) they made my grandson welcome. The waiter checked with the chef for a choice of kid meals (without our asking) and at one point brought him up to the piano bar as the entertainer played "Lucy and Linus" for him. Oh and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/18/2014The evening started out okay, but after our appetizer came the experience went downhill. Our appetizer was good, but they forgot part of it, since it was a new menu item. Then after delivering our appetizer, the server was absent. I wanted another glass of wine but when never saw him. Our food took a long time to come out, even though the place was not crowded. It was delivered by a runner, so we never saw our server. The meat was warm but the sides were lukewarm. We waited a bit for the server, but he did not come back so we started eating. When he finally came back to check on us until we were almost done with our meal. Would not go back again. Pricey and not worth it considering other options in the area.
- Great food, but a bit pricey.BeverlyDined on 1/14/2014They were in the process of changing their menu so the chef actually came out to the table to discuss our choices, which was real nice. The meal was wonderful and a dessert was recommended, however, we were too full to order. The website needs to be updated with the new prices for Happy Hour. All and all, it was a great meal but a bit pricey for the ambiance. Would probably go again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 6:30 for dinnerSunnyTamVIPDined on 1/11/2014We arrived at 6:30 for dinner for four and it was not very busy. The group I was with had a good time b/c of the company we were with. The food was excellent and great service. I will say that the management should pay attention to the ambiance. There was no music and we were sat on the side near the piano. However, the piano man didn't show up until 9:30 and the website said 8:15. After the piano man showed up, one large group came in that made it more lively. He played and sang very well! We would give this restaurant another try.Special Features:
- Great wervice food was another missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Friday night dinner before the symphony and the place was relatively empty with the exception of the bar. I ordered the Scallops and Shrimp for dinner and once again was disappointed. The menu indicates it is diver sea scallops and tiger shrimp served over bacon aioli with truffled lobster Mac and Cheese and I am guessing someone forgot to tell the kitchen staff about the Aioli as it was missing from the plate. The truffle lobster mac and cheese was a bit bland and in my opinion was missing the ‘truffle’ but served hot. The scallops and shrimp were full of flavor but served at room temperature and very minimal given the price ($32 as I recevied only two diver scallops (medium in size) and four tiger shrimp as an entrée.Special Features:
- Great night out...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2014Dined @ corner Bistro for the first time last week..our waiter Allison was on point from start to finish. The food was excellent & the piano added a great touch.... The filet was fantastic... We will be back!!!Special Features:
- A New Year's to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Corner Bistro has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. This is why I choose it for special occasions. They didn't disappoint. As usual, the service was timely, the food was superb, and the atmosphere was electric. Considering this was an evening for celebration, the lively ambiance was more than welcomed. We appreciate the friendly banter and neighborhood feeling we receive every time from ownership, especially the piano man. Kudos Corner Bistro! You made our New Year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome place.jamesDined on 12/31/2013We went at Cormer Bistro for new year's eve. We have been there before. We love this place. The food is great, and the service was outstanding.they have one of the best wine lists in the city. The ambiance in beautiful. The piano man is very talented. Cant wait to go back. Great job...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Great place. We will definitely be back. Awesome wine list great food love the piano. Nice touch with the limo it was awesome not to worry about driving. See u soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodRogerDined on 12/30/2013Food was well presented and enjoyable. Very poor selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSolracDined on 12/28/2013Good food. My wife is very particular about restaurant food. She really liked the pork chopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/20/2013Ordered a well done burger- waitress dropped off a rare burger and did not return to the table for 20 minutes after multiple requests
- food good, service badBrittanyDined on 12/18/2013The food was good; however, it took almost 45 minutes for it arrive and there was no update as to why at any point while we were waiting. As soon as our food was brought out, the server brought the check. It was a little odd that it took forever for our food to get there, but they were rushing us out as soon as it was served.Special Features:
- Dissappointing!ccm16Dined on 12/18/2013Parking was impossible! I had looked at the menu online & was looking forward to wine & special happy hour bar menu. Well...no happy hour bar menu available. Food was OK - one dish was not prepared as described - no broccoli & no italian sausage; the other was not hot. On the plus side, the manager comped the one entre.