39 North Jay Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cornellsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5183703825x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Armondo Cioccke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
- Private Party Contact: Barbara Patalino 5183703825x
A word from Cornell's Restaurant
Founded 70 years ago, we are known for taking authentic Italian cuisine to new heights. Chef Armondo uses only the freshest of ingredients as he carries on tried and true family recipes augmented by his innovative daily specials. We also offer an extensive wine list featuring unique wines at exceptional values as well as homemade desserts. Cornell’s dining experience is ideal for before or after shows at Proctor’s. Our three dining rooms and banquet room can accommodate parties of up to 150 guests, making Cornell’s the perfect venue for your next office party, family gathering, or special event. We are here to have our professional staff serve you great food and wine while enjoying a comfortable relaxing setting or, enjoy same menu at the bar. Patio dining available in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cornell's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Schenectady ›
Cornell's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (72)good for groups (52)romantic (47)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (19)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistantly goodKevinVIPDined on 9/13/2014Never been disappointed here and tried the chicken liver appitizer and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014A fine evening, as always. Carefully prepared and delicious meal.Special Features:
- Always Consistent!janiepeanutDined on 9/7/2014There were seven of us - and we all enjoyed our meal! Not only good food, but enough leftover for another meal!! We will be back -Special Features:
- Highly recommended for groups ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014... eleven old friends gathered for the $20 meal on Wednesday night. Everything was perfect. Nadine did an outstanding job and paced the dinner so we had plenty of time to tell stories from our past, even the ninety-two year old mom of a friend was thrilled with the evening ...Special Features:
- GreatreesingDined on 9/2/2014We had family from out of town and they wanted to take my wife and I out to dinner to a nice restaurant. They were very impressed by the nice ambiance, the food and the very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a Fantastic dinner meal. Great pasta items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rreggroupDined on 8/31/2014I went to cornells for the first time and I have to say the food was excellent, I would definately come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our experience at Cornell's was very positive. The food was great and the service was attentive. Reservations were made by us for a special accommodation at the last minute and it was honored with the appropriate seating arrangement. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014I ordered linguini with clam sauce; clams were like rubber bands and pasta was mushy; my companion, however, had chicken parmesan with ziti which she said was perfect. Most restaurants cannot give you al dente pasta and have trouble with clams. Great service, nice wine.
- Best Italian Food in Schenectady!D1672Dined on 8/22/2014Cornell's is an outstanding Italian restaurant and remains consistent in terms of food and service. There were four in our party and we were seated at a lovely table in the front of the restaurant as we had requested. Drink orders and food orders were taken and delivered in a timely manner and perfectly paced. Our waitress was warm, friendly and took special requests with ease. We shared a seafood antipasto which was delectable. The waitress even brought the table an extra clam when we discovered one had not opened! Every entrée from the halibut to pasta dishes obviously used fresh ingredients and were wonderful. Cornell's is a special place and will not disappoint the most discerning diner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very tasty food, wide ranging menu with lots of options. Would have liked to see a couple more fish dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal and ServiceMauiVIPDined on 8/20/2014Cornell's was featuring a Travers dinner special for $18.64 so we thought we would try it. Amazing food and we had a really great waitress. Other restaurants should learn from what Cornell's did with their special - multi course with great selection. Giving such a nice meal and deal gets customers back!Special Features:
- BettyBoop42Dined on 8/15/2014We went on a Friday night, and it was quite noisy until the bar cleared out a little. Other than that, it was very pleasant!Special Features:
- Nice Italian family restaurantChasDined on 8/8/2014Went for dinner before a show at Proctors. Arrived and were seated immediately but waitress did not return to take drink order for over 15 minutes. Ambiance is somewhat sterile, definitely not romantic or cozy. Food was good and reasonably priced. Wine list limited. Overall not bad for a quick dinner in Schenectady but not for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian food!barbVIPDined on 8/7/2014We brought relatives and friends for dinner after the races in Saratoga and wanted a quiet place where we could enjoy good food and talk. It was perfect! Turns out one guest (a retired assemblyman) and his wife are self proclaimed "sauce snobs" and they couldn't stop raving about the food. From the Alfredo to the fish and steak the food was to die for. Service was friendly and the owner took time at our table to chat. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatskyle26kDined on 8/6/2014good food and atmosphere - great place to take a dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious. Delicious. Delicious.LCsreviewDined on 8/3/2014Delicious. Delicious. Delicious. Go there and eat Do it now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner, great servicefoodloversDined on 8/2/2014First of all the food was delicious. The menu was really nice. There were so many good things to choose from. The service was better than excellent. And not many restaurants can say that. We had a very nice evening. Thank You Cornell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, staff, relaxed ambienceHelenOfSchdyDined on 8/2/2014Have not had a bad experience at Cornell's. Food is delicious. Servers are friendly, relaxed, helpful. Owner comes around and talks. Not too noisy; can actually have conversations without yelling.Special Features:
- chriswDined on 8/1/2014excellent all the way around. food, service, price - great meal at a fair price. service was great.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!CornellsDined on 7/31/2014We love going Cornell's. The food is always great, the service is excellent and Joanne makes the best home made Cavatelli!Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 7/31/2014Just a wonderful dining experience - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeZhivagoDined on 7/15/2014Really well rounded menu in that it goes way beyond the basics of an Italian restaurant. The classics are all there and very good, but I appreciate that the chef is innovative, especially with the specials of the day. Graceful ambience without being stuffy, and good service.Special Features:
- Wonderful AnniversarylouieDined on 7/12/2014Cornell's was wonderful! It is where we celebrated our 10th anniversary. The food was great, the service was great. The waiter recommended a nice wine. They gave us dessert when they found out it was our anniversary. It was a great dinner. We'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014... food was delicioso, wine remarkable, service by Liz impeccable, wonderful experience, thank you!Special Features:
- Italian must in SchenectadyNorthernNeighbourDined on 7/9/2014This is the best restaurant in the same area of Little Italy in Schenectady, NY. The service is fantastic from the moment you step into the door. The waitresses are also happy to recommend certain dishes and answer any questions. I have been to this restaurant several times while visiting the Capital Region of NY and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food alwaysSusieDined on 7/8/2014The food is excellent! Really love the 4 for $20.00 special menu,always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodRinaldoDined on 7/5/2014Warm greetings from Joann... table ambiance...experienced professional waiter, quality fresh well -prepared food, established wine list... definitely a cut above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timecelebrationDined on 6/29/2014This was our second time at Cornell's. The food was great. It gives a fancy stuffy feel but the staff is warm and friendly. This was our second time and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MichaelDined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful evening at Cornell's. The drinks, food and service was fantastic. There were several large parties that were happy to be there as well, which made for a really good feeling in the dining room!Special Features:
- superb placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Food is exceptional ......service is always right on .....staff is accommodating and Joanne is always there to great you and never misses hitting the table to make sure that things are wonderful ...This place is one of a kind ....Prices are very reasonable for what you get, but there is so much more.Special Features:
- Well pleased.GeneDined on 6/26/2014Food was great, noise level was quiet for a weeknight, and the service was exceptionally good. We each had a different dinner and all were very good. Their seafood dinners were expanded somewhat serving Ahi Tuna and Chilean Sea Bass. I had the Sea Bass and the quantity more than I expected and it was prepared with excellent accompaniments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014... had dinner on the patio, nothing like it, the linen and candle, soft music, excellent specials .... perfect night!Special Features:
- Still one of the best around!DiningDiva71Dined on 6/21/2014As always, our reservation went smoothly; our special request for seating in the lounge was taken care of (our table was right by the front window on a beautiful summer evening) and the food was excellent. The place was packed and energetic and our experience was very enjoyable. Would recommend for good food and nice atmosphere. Also, a great place for a drinks after work. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyabledatenightDined on 6/21/2014Saturday night reservation. Great food. Pleasant atmosphere. Did not feel rushed. Only shortcoming was that several listed wines from wine list were unavailable. We will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllieleahVIPDined on 6/21/2014Restaurant was not busy when we arrived (6:15), service was very slow. It took almost an hour to get our salads. Table of 9 ordered 3 apps, by only 3 people, would have been perfect time to also bring out salads, especially since we had young children with us. Have been coming for years and will continue to come here
- A lovely dinner we hadBeBackDined on 6/21/2014We stopped by with friends who had never been to Cornell's. They had heard good things about the place (from others). We enjoyed our meal, as usual, and they did too. I got a kick out of reading an earlier review that said Cornell's was pricey. Cornell's is in Schenectady, which tends to limit pricing. I have paid more for lessor meals in places like Saratoga, Colonie, and Albany. If Cornell's was in one of those places, one could expect to pay more. The place is an excellent value. I would recommend it to anyone seeking an old-school high quality Italian (family recipe) menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Familyof5Dined on 6/15/2014I have been twice to the restaurant enjoyed every bit! altho the prime rib was a little "off" didt taste how they normally do. Will return to try new dishes! 4 star pasta fagioli!! Hoped to try cannoli but you ran out of Creme by 6pm :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014This was not our first visit to this restaurant. As always in the past, it was a very enjoyable experience. Food was great, service, etc.Special Features:
- Very nice nightSocialMomDined on 6/10/2014This is one of our favorite places to go for dinner. The food is consistently good. Our waitress, Brittany, was wonderful! We had dinner with good friends. What more could one ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.