39 North Jay Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cornellsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5183703825x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Armondo Cioccke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
- Private Party Contact: Barbara Patalino 5183703825x
A word from Cornell's Restaurant
Founded 70 years ago, we are known for taking authentic Italian cuisine to new heights. Chef Armondo uses only the freshest of ingredients as he carries on tried and true family recipes augmented by his innovative daily specials. We also offer an extensive wine list featuring unique wines at exceptional values as well as homemade desserts. Cornell’s dining experience is ideal for before or after shows at Proctor’s. Our three dining rooms and banquet room can accommodate parties of up to 150 guests, making Cornell’s the perfect venue for your next office party, family gathering, or special event. We are here to have our professional staff serve you great food and wine while enjoying a comfortable relaxing setting or, enjoy same menu at the bar. Patio dining available in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cornell's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Schenectady ›
Cornell's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (62)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a very nice time. The food was very good and the kids enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Must Visit ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014A wonderful family owned restaurant that has taken many of the classic Italian dishes you know and love and executed them very nicely with quality ingredients and nice touches and updates. Our first dining experience at Cornell's and our family lived in Italy for many years, it exceeded our expectations. Mussels w fennel amazing, Osso Buco with Pork (not veal shank) amazing, Pasta dishes were also great. Huge portions, great value, wonderful people. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Our party of three was promptly seated; we had a reservation. Service was excellent throughout. Calamari appetizer was tender and delicious. We all thoroughly enjoyed entrees: baked eggplant with homemade cavatelle, bracciole, and chicken marsala. Only glitch was that veal marsala had been ordered but chicken was received; waiter was very apologetic and gracious. Tiramisu for dessert was on the house to make up for the error. Overall a great dining experience (again!) at this restaurant.Special Features:
- SuperbnosnowVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything was excellent starting from the greeting by the hostest to our waitress offering great wine suggestions, to the amazing food! Just an all around excellent meal start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitWdinerDined on 10/24/2014Tucked away in an unlikely location, Cornell's is a very good restaurant with very tasty, freshly prepared Italian dishes. All four of us, who ordered different things from the menu, were very satisfied with not only the food, but the service. The wine tasting flight was the icing on the cake. We will definitely visit again when we are in the Capital District area.Special Features:
- Good food.Love2EatOutDined on 10/24/2014Good restaurant. Ok atmosphere, a bit dated inside. Food was excellent. I had a broccoli/chicken/pasta dish and my husband had a veal dish. Both were rich and delicious. My portion was enough to feed me 2 other times. A bit rushed, not due to waitress error, more of that the kitchen was just pushing out the food on their own timeframe. The waitress was pleasant and helpful. It was a busy night as there was a show going on downtown and a parents weekend at a local college. Prices reasonable as well. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- macsCUPCAKEDined on 10/22/2014great service. we all loved our food. the homemade cavitelli is the bestSpecial Features:
- Show-Stop(per)PreshowstoppersDined on 10/17/2014If you are looking for a nice place to eat before the show at Proctor's, Cornell's is your place. The food is excellent. They cater to the show crowd, so they encourage you to let your server know you are attending the show. The meal came in a timely, but not rushed fashion. We had appetizers, salad, dinner and coffee and still had an hour to kill before the show. Nice fit for dinner and a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We were very surprised at the price of crown royal on the rocks with a side of club soda $12.50 plus $2.50 for a side of club soda. We frequent many restaurants and have never been charged that much for that drink. I realize shrimp are not always as fresh as we would like, Unfortunately I happen to patronize your restaurant the night your shrimp were not at their best. I had ordered the shrimp scampi. My husband enjoyed his meal of lobster and veal.
- Keep coming backMsV2VIPDined on 10/15/2014Let me put it this way... I am a very good Italian cook, that said, most Italian restaurants don't measure up to my standards and I usually avoid them for that reason. Cornell's is the exception! Their food is some of the best Italian cuisine anywhere. We go there regularly because of this and ALWAYS have great meal, regardless of the ethnicity of dish. The menu is huge with lots of variety as well as daily specials. Service is friendly and on point (even on the busiest nights), and we especially enjoy having the owner, Joanne come over to our table to say hello and make sure everything is to our satisfaction. Other restaurants should take a page from Cornell's; this is restaurant perfection, and we will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/14c07r11Dined on 10/14/2014Always enjoy myself at Cornells. Lively place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gemcusan2Dined on 10/14/2014Great food and service. JoAnn is just great! Haven't been there for many years as I now live out of town. It's all great as I rememered it.Special Features:
- always the bestSnowbirdDined on 10/12/2014We eat here as often as we can. The food is consistently excellent and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food perfect serviceKov21Dined on 10/12/2014We went as a party of 4 on a busy Sunday night after a matinee at Proctors. Everyone hit at the same time and Cornell's handled it well. We all had different dinners Veal Parm, Veal Napoli, Veal something else and Brasciole. Most of us had the homemade cavatelli. Everything was wonderful. The red sauce was perfect. The bread on Sunday is not their usual Perecca's but the substitute was very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!karinalDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food, awesome ambiance and outstanding service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGebbyfishDined on 10/11/2014We had an excellent meal; appetizers and entrees were so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was the first time I had had veal in quite a while due to the fact that it was not up to my standards at other place. I knew that I would not be disappointed here at Cornell's. And was I right! It was so tender I could cut it with a fork. So many wonderful flavors! And the homemade cavatilli is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful CuisineMaggiePantsDined on 10/4/2014We were wrapping up our vacation and had dinner at Cornell' Restaurant on the last night. It was the best food we had all week. The Pork Osso Bucco was delicious, fell off the bone and the risotto that came with it was outstanding. Utica greens and garlic bread were the best, the cold antipasto was great, and of course we had leftovers!Special Features:
- Good Italian foodDilorenJVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been dining at Cornells for many years. The owners always greet us like old friends even if it is months between visits. The food is not fancy but it is consistently good and they make changes by request. We always enjoys our visit.Special Features:
- Home made excellenceDatenightDiningDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent. I got the veil and lobster dish. Cooked to perfection! The home made pasta was heaven. This review comes from a 100% Sicilian with first generation immigrants. Worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egglawDined on 10/2/2014Cornell's is consistently delicious; the bar is a prefect spot to await being seated...friendly and attentive; once you sit to dine, the service continues to be spectacular and the food is something you crave! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant features some of the finest Italian cuisine available in the Capital District. Service is exemplary, portions are generous, and the menu has a number of choices which will please any palette. Appetizers are another area where this restaurant excels, and the pricing of it all is very competitive. The restaurant recently did significant renovations which add to the ambiance. The ability to make reservations via Open Table adds to the ease of getting into this very popular restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and service.SpotCatDined on 9/28/2014Appetizers (mozzarella en carozza, braciole) were very good. Three of us had veal entrees (Piccata, saltimbocca, and a specialty of the house), that were delicious. Our 4th had homemade cavatelli (a bit like gnocchi in texture and flavor) with sausage. Coconut sorbet was yummy; I didn't care for the key lime pie but another of our party loved it. All in all, it was a lovely meal, with great food and service.....Special Features:
- DeliciossoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Very enjoyable dinner and the owner went out of her way to make us feel welcome. Would highly recommend to people interested in old style Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Top of the ListPatDfavsDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, great service, friendly staff. What more could you ask for? One of our top five favorite restaurants. We are always so impressed at how delicious everything is that we order. A real treat for your taste buds. Their Chicken Parm may be the best around the Schenectady area. Their red sauce is top notch. Everything we have ever tried has exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- Great diningachwDined on 9/26/2014Having been to this restaurant three times now, I know it is the place to have time to visit with friends while eating a fine meal. This is not a fast paced place. The food is excellent. Everyone I have brought here wants to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and excellent valueNiskayunanDined on 9/24/2014In recent years, Cornell’s seems to have returned to or even exceeded its “glory days” of yesteryear. The quality of the food is outstanding and the Tuesday/Wednesday four course meal has to be the best buy in Capital Region dining. Where else can you get delicate risotto, delightful stuffed calamari, delicious fresh made gnocchi and soup or salad all for $20? Their regular menu contains both Italian standards and some inspired original creations. It’s hard to go wrong with any choices here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/20/2014Food is delicious, service outstanding. I have eaten there many times. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MateoDined on 9/20/2014This is by far one of the best and most consistent restaurants I have ever frequented . We go there quite often and every time we or anyone else goes there they can expect to have a great experience and also be made to feel special . They know how to do it right. The wait staff , the hostess , the chefs and all the employees are trained to perfection . This place can't be beat !!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Consistantly goodKevinVIPDined on 9/13/2014Never been disappointed here and tried the chicken liver appitizer and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014A fine evening, as always. Carefully prepared and delicious meal.Special Features:
- Always Consistent!janiepeanutVIPDined on 9/7/2014There were seven of us - and we all enjoyed our meal! Not only good food, but enough leftover for another meal!! We will be back -Special Features:
- Highly recommended for groups ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014... eleven old friends gathered for the $20 meal on Wednesday night. Everything was perfect. Nadine did an outstanding job and paced the dinner so we had plenty of time to tell stories from our past, even the ninety-two year old mom of a friend was thrilled with the evening ...Special Features:
- GreatreesingDined on 9/2/2014We had family from out of town and they wanted to take my wife and I out to dinner to a nice restaurant. They were very impressed by the nice ambiance, the food and the very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a Fantastic dinner meal. Great pasta items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rreggroupDined on 8/31/2014I went to cornells for the first time and I have to say the food was excellent, I would definately come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our experience at Cornell's was very positive. The food was great and the service was attentive. Reservations were made by us for a special accommodation at the last minute and it was honored with the appropriate seating arrangement. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014I ordered linguini with clam sauce; clams were like rubber bands and pasta was mushy; my companion, however, had chicken parmesan with ziti which she said was perfect. Most restaurants cannot give you al dente pasta and have trouble with clams. Great service, nice wine.
- Best Italian Food in Schenectady!D1672Dined on 8/22/2014Cornell's is an outstanding Italian restaurant and remains consistent in terms of food and service. There were four in our party and we were seated at a lovely table in the front of the restaurant as we had requested. Drink orders and food orders were taken and delivered in a timely manner and perfectly paced. Our waitress was warm, friendly and took special requests with ease. We shared a seafood antipasto which was delectable. The waitress even brought the table an extra clam when we discovered one had not opened! Every entrée from the halibut to pasta dishes obviously used fresh ingredients and were wonderful. Cornell's is a special place and will not disappoint the most discerning diner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very tasty food, wide ranging menu with lots of options. Would have liked to see a couple more fish dishes.Special Features: