CORKED Wine Bar & Steak House
515 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
CORKED Wine Bar & Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkedwinebar.com/
- Phone: 6106259463x
- Hours of Operation:
Seating Times : Monday - Thursday: 11:30am to 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 am - 2am ,Sunday: 11:30am to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joe Grisafi | Owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events:
A word from CORKED Wine Bar & Steak House
Upbeat / High Energy Wine Bar and Steak House located in historic downtown Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Offering 32 special wines by glass available in a 1oz, 2.5oz or 5oz pour with an extensive 100 bottle wine list. We also feature 24 specialty beers on draft. Classic American Steak House Menu. Steaks, Seafood, Duck, Lamb, Wild Boar & more.. All entrees include crisp wedge salad, chef vegetable & starch. Our meats arrive daily from "Pat LaFrieda Meats", fresh Crab Cakes prepared in house along with 100% of our menu. CORKED is the restaurant for wine lovers, beer connoisseurs, meat lovers & foodies. Book your reservation today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
CORKED Wine Bar & Steak House - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
CORKED Wine Bar & Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (144)special occasion (132)fit for foodies (117)vibrant bar scene (103)hot spot (86)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (76)good for groups (63)late-night find (34)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Delicious!ChrisVIPDined on 10/18/2014Second time dining at Corked and it was just as good as the first. We shared the scallops appetizer, which was one of the best I've ever had. Everything was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The restaurant is loud, but we were expecting that so it didn't affect our dinner. Our server was great as well; very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My fiancé and I had been wanting to check out Corked for a while now. We stumbled upon an open time slot on Open Table, and we just had to check it out. We enjoyed the large wine selection, delicious food, and great service. Definitely one of the best filet's I have had in the Valley. We definitely recommend checking it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Disappointing if you wanted to spend a great deal and expected to have a nice, romantic evening. Loud group of people that any manager, especially at a high-end restaurant would have suggested they tone it down..this was like being in a sports bar. Spent too much money for that kind of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food & wine very good. Serve slowJB88Dined on 10/17/2014The food was very good and the wine selection good. The service was extremely slow and we had a series of substitute servers most who were not very friendly. They need to improve quality and attitude of servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!evbuckspaVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had a fabulous lunch here w/husband. Great food and a wonderful array on the drinks menu. The service was great too, as we were here during the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwineloverDined on 10/14/2014very nice place for a celebration, but felt rushed. No time in between courses.Special Features:
- Good but priceyRarelydineoutDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the food and we had very good service. The prices were high for what we got. The appetizers said "shareable", we ordered the scallops and were surprised to see that we got 3 scallops to " share" for $16. The atmosphere was nice , but very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerwenradoDined on 10/11/2014My hubby and I went to Corked for our anniversary date night. We loved the decor and the ambiance. The service was spot on and the food was out of this world! My husband and I shared shrimp cocktail which were delicious. My husband had the white truffle pizza and I had the 4oz filet mignon with white truffle parmesan fries. Everything was so delightful! Noise level was a bit loud but it didn't affect our visit. Would definitely dine here again...can't wait for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST!wineanddineDined on 10/10/2014The food was wonderful and our waiter was very well informed about the wines sold there. I took a leap of faith and let him choose my wine for dinner and dessert and I was impressed. Would definitely go here again!Special Features:
- Great Flavor - Atmosphere LackingAthleteDined on 10/10/2014Not what I expected as far as clientel: I was expecting it to be more up-scale, especially considering the prices. The food was very good, but over priced. Paid $11 for a desert "sampler" that 2 people got half a bit of each item. I would consider going back for lunch, and trying the flatbread pizzas, they look good. Left something to be desired for a special occasion. Also the leftover bag was just a plain brown bag, at $30+ per plate, you would think they would atleast have a bag with their name on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down the BEST!Ashkayea23Dined on 10/9/2014My fiancé and I went here for her birthday. We ordered the meat, cheese, and olive platter for an appetizer which was out of this world! For an entree we both had prime rib with parmesan truffle fries both make your taste buds go wild and the prime rib was the BEST I have ever had. To top it off we shared a piece of pumpkin cheesecake which was amazing. The restaurant itself is beautiful, nice mood lighting, very relaxed atmosphere. I recommend Corked to anyone! This is definitely our new "go to" spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great expectationsMrChirpyDined on 10/8/2014the food is really great. A tad pricy for some entrees but generally ok. Service was excellent, so much so, that we requested the same waiter this last time and were saddened to learn he was no longer there. Try to sit near the back to dampen the noise just a bit. Service makes this place stand out. The wait staff are super friendly and create a relationship with the customers. Will definitely be back and bring friends.Special Features:
- Nice and expensiveBackToBethlehemDined on 10/4/2014Corked was a good find. We decided to try it as an alternative to our favorite Apollo Grill. The service was top-notch, the food was delicious, the wine selection by-the-glass was impressive. My one criticism? The entrees were overpriced! If we revisit, I'll be sure to go for shared plates rather than a full dinner. Love the twinkling design of the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really worth the costSimon1Dined on 10/4/2014For the prices that are charged, they need to up their game on the service. Service started out ok. Ended very slow. Also, there was hair in my food. The were apologetic, took the meal off of the bill. The potato was just luke warm, would not even melt the butter. Again, for the price, this should not have happened. Wanted to pay the bill, asked the server if she would give the credit card to the waiter, she informed us that she was not allowed to touch money. What is this about? If you don't trust your staff, you have a big problem. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Carpenter DinnerGinnyDined on 10/3/2014We booked dinner reservation for my birthday. Had heard good things, but service not good and food was decent but not for price. Server not the best. Waited for drinks and she forgot bread and requests. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Bar service slow for a Friday night...waited so long for our second round of drinks we had finished dinner before they arrived! Our server was taking care of too many tables for any attentive service, if it weren't for the food runners and other ancillary staff our experience would have been much worse. Also, our server didn't explain the wine or dinner menu to us as all whereas the table next to us who had a different server received approx 5 min explanation on menu and ordering tips. Food was ok but not memorable...we will not waste our time going back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Good menu, great service. My food was salty. I personally don't like that. My college age daughter loved the place. It was a little noisy for me.Special Features:
- Worth a VisitFunk49Dined on 9/28/2014We had a very nice time at Corked. The menu has a good mix of entrees and appetizers. We had the Crispy Mix appetizer which was very good especially with the three dipping sauces. Our entrees were also very good. The restaurant décor and ambiance is modern and well done. Service was friendly and prompt. We will return for another visit. Another nice addition to downtown Bethlehem restaurant scene.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014had enjoyable outside table for 4. Excellent service and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great dining experience.PACODined on 9/25/2014First time at Corcked. Very vibrant bar area. (Every stool was taken) table was nicely set and our waiter was very attentive. Food was really good. I had the pork chop, one of the best I've ever had. And the veggies were done to perfection. The specialty Martinis were good, maybe a touch more alcohol, but very tasty. Will definitely go back and would recommend to anyone that isn't looking for a quiet morgue to sit and eat in (I could see the noise level bothering some, but to me it shows an alive happening place).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We chose to sit outside because the noise level inside was loud even without a lot of people. Decor is fabulous, we had lamb chops and French onion soup as appetizers....my husband had the spicy shrimp lignin I and I had the truffle pizza. I ate one slice of the pizza and we had the rest for dinner the next night. Everything was great except the peach cobbler....wasn't really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Dining ExperienceDiningCoupleDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Corked to celebrate our anniversary. Having noted that in the reservation, the staff all wished us happy anniversary from the time we arrived until we left. The overall experience for the night was out of this world. We received fantastic service and food that was out of this world; maybe even one of the best meals that we have had. To top the evening off, when dessert was served, it was on a frozen slab of marble with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate and raspberry sauce with a sparkler in the middle. It was a great surprise and made the entire night that much more enjoyable. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerjderrickDined on 9/20/2014We recently celebrated my sisters birthday at corked, party of 9. service was very good and we never felt rushed. Cool atmosphere and really good service. I will be going back. 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little lackingAlanDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but our waitress was a little lacking. We were not told of the specials, soup of the day, or offered water as were the other tables around us. We heard other waiters telling diners of the salad options offered with the meal as well. This being our first visit, we thought we only had the choice of the wedge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travel4meDined on 9/20/2014Had guest from New Jersey and they loved it. Enjoyed the food, etc. Good time and great food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlyssaDined on 9/19/2014My husband is a very picky eater, and once a year, we try something new. He's usually not a fan of the places we pick, but he actually said he would go back, which is a high rating from him. The only thing that was disappointing is that they ran out of the special of the night after we ordered. The food and the service are both wonderful!Special Features:
- amazingdaveDined on 9/14/2014Had the best service. Had the best food that was truly fresh. The service was 2nd to none. Truly a great dining spot to the bethlehem area. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Stopper!wine2dineDined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating a 50th birthday, having never been to Corked before. I was hoping it would not disappoint. Quite the contrary, it far exceeded my expectations. It was fine dining in a lovely, comfortable setting. The hostess and wait staff couldn't make us feel more at home -- friendly and attentive to every detail. The wine list was extensive; the sangria, wonderful! For appetizers we selected shrimp cocktail and the meat and cheese board, both delicious and shareable. Dinner included a lettuce wedge, seasonal vegetables and choice of a starch. All but one of our party had steak which was cooked to perfection. One had the duck and said it was the best ever! The sampler dessert tray was to die for. In all, it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy but funWinoDined on 9/13/2014Worried we were undressed but we were not. We were surprised at the age groups were so young. I hated the red tops the servers wear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and wine supremeBlethDined on 9/13/2014Corked is a big city steak house in a small city setting. The downtown location leads you right in the front and the food and drinks are inventive, but very satisfying. The staff is very familiar with the extensive wine selection. All in all, a special night out.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and pleasant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Overall, i had a wonderful experience at corked. The steaks were outstanding, our server was very consistent and helpful in making meal decisions, and the setting was very classy. My only complaint is the noisiness with having the bar area so close to the dining area; it made for a little extra noise than i expected. Otherwise, i enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionscephalapodaDined on 9/9/2014We went for my husband's birthday. We had made reservations and were seated right away. The bar was full and loud! But the atmosphere was very positive and we had a great waiter. He made suggestions for each of our meals and they were dead on. The food was tasty and well prepared (HUGE scallops) and they brought a wonderful marker for the celebration without singing (my husband was relieved). It is expensive.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014My first experience at Corked and I would go back any day. I took my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday and what a place. Our server was amazing who gave us great recommendations on the food, drinks and so on. The food was to die for and the drinks as well. I had many people tell me about this restaurant and now I've been telling everyone about it. The only thing that I would have changed was that it was a little loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudJe24okDined on 9/9/2014Not a place to enjoy your food or/and conversation. Noise level such that could not taste the food. Steak was ok, but not exceptional.Special Features:
- ExcellentGordonDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary at Corked. The martinis where awesome and the food was excellent! We will be back to enjoy again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The service, quality of food, atmosphere and bartenders are out of this world! Was only my 2nd time here and I will be a diner for life! Everything from the wine to the food was out of this world! Highly recommend this for all occasions and you will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:
- Birthday & Anniversary CelebrationThefabfourDined on 9/6/2014Our reservation was for 8pm - we arrived about 730 and was taken right away. We were seated in a booth (next time I will request a table). We were seated near the kitchen and it was difficult to hear what our waitress was telling us about the specials, etc. The drinks were very good. One person had the Veal Chop special which he said was very tender. The other diners had the crab cakes, beef tips with riosotto, pasta with shrimp. The portions are not extremely large however the presentation was very nice. I did not finish my meal as I wanted to save room for dessert. We were celebrating two birthday's and an anniversary. The waitress was excellent!! We would go back again to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Disappointing service+kitchen prepJoeCDined on 9/6/2014Food was good, but no veal specials available after being told the specials for the evening (our reservation was for 8pm; certainly not late for Saturday), had to ask for water quite a few times before getting any, long wait after ordering, only whole-grain bread left after being told the 3 or 4 other options, silverware was taken after salad course but not replaced until pointed out after next course was delivered, dance floor was being setup around us as we ate. I found the atmosphere to be interesting, but confusing -- it looked like two different interior decorators were enlisted for those guests facing north vs south.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We found the wait staff to be very accommodating and the food good.Special Features:
- Bored waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Waitress was VERY bored. Her service made our meal uncomfortable. Love the by-the-bottle wine list. Service needs to be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.