403 W 12th St403 West 12th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.corkbar.com/
- Phone: 2137460050
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Daily: 5:00pm - 10p, Thursday - Saturday until 11p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties for events by sectioning off certain tables, or areas in the main dining room, or on one of our two patios.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Eldredge 3238415672
A word from Corkbar
Corkbar is wine bar focusing almost exclusively on California wine and beer. We offer a full food menu inspired by the California wine country and sourced from local purveyors. We offer over over 70 wines by the glass and more by the bottle and well over a dozen beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Corkbar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasantly surprised!DniceDined on 11/29/2013Made a reservation here on a whim and turned out great! The burger and BBQ pork bruschetta were delicious! I rated this place as quiet because there were only two other parties seated when we got there- not sure how loud it gets with full occupancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B4 the ShowfoodiegurlDined on 11/16/2013Great time again! the hostess/server was great with advice on wines as well as menu selections! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Gem Near Staples CenterBeforegameDined on 11/2/2013This is a perfect place to stop for a drink before or after a game. We stopped for dinner before the game and took advantage of Happy Hour prices. They let me sample wine before I made my selection. Food was good, especially the tacos and the brussel sprouts. Helpful service. Easy walk to Staples Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PLEASURE!foodiegurlDined on 10/23/2013What a pleasure! I had a very nice time here. I met my co-worker here before going to the Ahmanson for a show, and it was such a pleasant experience! the staff was very accommodating and friendly. I don't even drink and it's a wine bar! But I still had a great time. The food was good as well. My co-worker loved the wine list, she said it was impressive. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone going downtown LA. Oh, and the parking wasn't even an issue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in LosAngelesWineLoverDined on 10/11/2013Great wine list. You will not find wines like these in a regular restaurant. Food is excellent. Lots of happy hour specials. Walking distance to Staples Center Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service . StaffMaryDined on 9/28/2013Excellent service . Staff know their menu well and aren't afraid to engage with their customers. My waitress was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before DMbirdman1Dined on 9/28/2013Good food and drinks. We had a group of 10 and we tried most things that were on the menu. Everything was great. Even the brussel sprouts were a big hit. The beer and wine selections were good. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved everything about Corkbar.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2013I loved everything about Corkbar. Tons of parking, amazing food and easy to talk in a group. I have already recommended it to another group of girlfriends and will be back next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to chill at.greysDined on 9/12/2013Quiet. Good service. Good food and great selection of wines and some micro brews.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013Friend told me about this place and I really enjoyed it! Very friendly and the service was wonderful. Will go back again. They are open late so it's a good place to go if you plan on having a romantic evening, or having a drink with friends enjoying conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spots downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2013I love Corkbar and would recommend it to anyone looking for a low-key, cool place to have a good glass of wine and some delicious food. Their cheese plates are always fantastic and I've had the short ribs multiple times and they're always great. This time we ordered the pulled pork sliders which were SO good and the summer squash and fried green tomato salad which was also fantastic. I had never tried fried green tomatoes before and I can officially say I'm now a fan. The wine list is good - lots of our favorites from the Santa Ynez Valley. Corkbar remains at the top of my list for restaurants in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyWaytogoVIPDined on 8/6/2013The food had so many different great tastes. Things you would not find elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menue was a bit sparceOsoManDined on 6/11/2013This place has a pretty great wine list and their food is very good. What I didn't like was the fact they really don't have anything to share. Not a great place for groups for just that reason. That said, their Brussels Spouts was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth that was green. If my mom served these up to me as a kid, I would have been all over my veggis.Special Features:
- The food was solid; it's small-platOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2013The food was solid; it's small-plate fare, the sizes are great for sharing, and some of the ideas are really different and innovative--ex: a squid-ink ravioli with pork cheeks. For a pre-show (6:15) dinner on a Saturday, there were plenty of tables available; I have no idea how crowded it gets later. Also, happy hour on Sat. lasts 'til 7 PM, which can make for some cheap(er) eating. It's in kind of a strange location -- at 12th and Hope, near the Convention Center. Plenty of street parking available (at least early on a Sat.), but a little far away from the re-energizing downtown area, which makes it a little difficult to (ex:) eat something there then walk to the theatre or one of the other downtown clubs/bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOOOD STUFF...emnm76Dined on 5/4/2013Foodie foods, wonderful wines, brilliant beers, excellent environment, superb service!!! We will be back and we will bring more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome gem!tnkislandDined on 5/4/2013staff is extremely knowlegable on wines and local beers and both were excellent. Food is foodie quality and sized like a appetizer so try a few!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not All Change is for the BetterKingfisherVIPDined on 4/30/2013Sadly, Corkbar's recent change in chefs (and management?) has really hurt them. Their prices have skyrocketed while quality and portion size have not. This used to be our favorite "after work" hangout, but no longer. I can only hope that they see the light and put things back to the successful business model they'd had for years.Special Features:
- I love going to the Cork barOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2013I love going to the Cork bar before Clippers games at Staples. I feel a little under-dressed in a t-shirt, but the servers are not snobby. They have a great CA wine and beer list. The burger is delicious and happy hour deals aren't bad.Special Features:
- Thumbs upJnetkDined on 4/18/2013Interesting menu but not many entrees. Stick with the appetizers. Deviled eggs were outrageous as was the Mac and cheese. The waitress was awesome and made it a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Corkbar is a terrific restaurant/wiKingfisherVIPDined on 4/12/2013Corkbar is a terrific restaurant/wine bar with a great happy hour. I cannot recommend Corkbar highly enough. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on something good.Special Features:
- Quaint little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013The menu is limited but everything on it is good! At least the 4 items I ordered were! They specialize in wine so it's a must have for wine lovers. The restaurant is pretty small but it's nicely decorated and very clean. Waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. Wonderful experience, will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love coming to CorkMacNRobVIPDined on 4/2/2013We always love coming to Cork Bar. It is energetic, fun, and always a good time.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We came because of a review in Unique LA. It was everything they said and more. The bartender suggested excellent wines to each of our unique tastes and they were right on! The food was great and the atmosphere was welcoming. Go and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- The ambiance was great. IavanDined on 3/23/2013The ambiance was great. I love the hardwood walls and floors. I went there on a Saturday night at 7pm, it was pretty empty, but by 9pm the place was packed. The problem was that Corkbar was under staffed that night. There was 1 waitress, 1 bust boy, 1 bartender, and 3 chef's. The wait for food was long but the waitress did her best and gave us some complimentary plates of food. The wine list was great. Also, do try the banana bread pudding, grilled cheese, and pork chops. It's also away from LA Live so it was not a crowded area.Special Features:
- Small plates were really good-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2013Small plates were really good- loved the lamb sliders. The wine at happy hour was quite nice but I was surprized when a wine bar stated their specials as 2 reds and 2 whites. They got a little more specific with the varietal but needed prompting to mention the vintner. But the wine was very good and well priced.Special Features:
- Great for parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Planned a surprise birthday for my boyfriend here and couldn't have been happier. They were accommodating to a few extra guests, didn't complain about everyone ordering at different times, and overall were pretty good with the check. Will go back!Special Features:
- Just a solid restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2013Just a solid restaurant in a super location close to Staples and some residential newer buildings.
- Had a great time. Our waitressSylsalDined on 2/23/2013Had a great time. Our waitress selected a great group of wines for our tasting flight. Food was wonderful. We plan on coming back to enjoy the outdoor dining area and people-watching experience.Special Features:
- Good for a drink with your banker.ThomasVIPDined on 2/22/2013We had much higher expectations of Corkbar. Basically we expected a restaurant and ended up at a bland bar, which essentially is what Corkbar is. The food was very reasonably priced (and while not especially innovative), quite serviceable, and the service was also quite average -- neither too friendly nor indifferent, (for indifferent try The Parish). The physical vibe of the place, however, falls way short: all soulless blond-wood-corporate-feeling. Think Hyatt bar in Seattle. As a designer, I'd recommend doing a quick weekend adjustment: some deeper walls, a few accessories for visual interest, etc. As it stands now, it's so lacking in personality that you almost expect to see tables full of Microsoft executives.Special Features:
- The chairs are not that comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The chairs are not that comfortable but waitress/waiters are very nice and try to accommodate us the best they could. The ambiance is nice for a late night bar hang out place. Definitely not a dinner place, the portion is small but expensive. It's a good wine and beer place, there's no cocktails.Special Features:
- Great spot for drinks and/or dinnerCaliforniaRedDined on 2/16/2013Went with a friend for a pre-concert dinner at the Staples center. There was a varied menu with some great options for small plates and for traditional dinners. We tried the arugula and avocado salad, the coconut beef soup - delicious!, the spicy nuts and olives - olives were great, the nuts just okay, the root beer braised short ribs on polenta cakes - yum! brussel sprouts - a little softer than i usually like, and the carrots and parsnips which were terrific! i had a white wine flight and tried 3 new wines and loved them. The service was just okay. Once our food was delivered, we really didn't get any more service after that. I would definitely go back and recommend this place. Cool vibe, great location and good interesting food!Special Features:
- Nice romantic spot. Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Nice romantic spot. Good food. Loved the outdoor firepit!Special Features:
- SMALL portionsDelishDined on 1/31/2013The portions are incredibly small. The hanger steak salad was tough. I ordered the full order and the salad could have fit in the palm of my hand. The deviled eggs were great, but again you only get two eggs. It was very loud with the music and conversations. Like the atmosphere, but you'll starve.Special Features:
- Downtown gem!MichelleTS2Dined on 1/29/2013Really wanted to avoid the "LA Live" area restaurants for a pre-Lakers game meal and saw the great reviews for Corkbar. They were spot on! Our server (so sad I can't remember her name) was beyond outstanding and everything from the menu was delicious. So much to choose from! Great deal on the happy hour wine; we ordered a bottle of what they were offering by the glass and it was perfect and a great price. We most definitely will be back here anytime we are looking for downtown dining!Special Features:
- DineLA was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2013Went for DineLA week and had the clam chowder, stuffed peppers, and cheesecake. All were fantastic and the wine was great! Our server was very knowledgeable about the wines. Decor was great as well. A little pricey but for a nice occasion it was a perfect spot!Special Features:
- A fun place at a high decibel levelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013Very nice layout, fun menu selections and very good service, but the noise level made it quite difficult for a group of six to hear one another, thereby putting a significant damper on what would have otherwise been a great evening.
- Great service and food. AmbianceAndraVIPDined on 1/15/2013Great service and food. Ambiance and decor was very nice. Parking right across street, so very conveninet. Will definitley come again.Special Features:
- A little too loud for my taste,DWG60Dined on 1/11/2013A little too loud for my taste, but energetic buzz and interesting decor. Also the food was stellar and just the right portion size (which looks small on the plate because we are accustomed to seeing far too much on a plate). Wine list included both true stars and real bargains. But most of all, the server was delightful with just the right balance of friendly, helpful, available and knowledgeable, without going overboard on any of it.Special Features:
- Went for dinner on New YearsStanfordFanDined on 12/31/2012Went for dinner on New Years eve. Good food. Great service.Special Features: