Cork Restaurant - Chandler
4991 S. Alma School Road
Chandler, AZ 85248-5646Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cork Restaurant - Chandler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 4808833773x
- Hours of Operation:
Regular Hours of Operation
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5pm -9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-10pm Closed Sunday & Monday
CORK IS CLOSED FOR ANNUAL SUMMER VACATION FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF JULY!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Peterson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cork offers a private dining room that seats 10 guests and 2 patios as well as the option to buy-out the restaurant for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Morris 4808833773
A word from Cork Restaurant - Chandler
Cork is a four-diamond award-winning restaurant offering contemporary American cuisine with classic French influences and techniques. The menu is set up like a build-your-own tasting menu and guests are encouraged to order 2-3 courses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cork Restaurant - Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- A special anniversary treattwobinksinloveDined on 6/26/2014We'd heard about Cork some time ago and decided to give it a try for our 32nd anniversary. We opted for the "Chef Special." Five courses that even the waiter didn't know what was coming out of the kitchen! Every item served was shear delight! The ambiance was very pleasant. The service spot on. The food…incredible! We WILL be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs choiceEVFoodieDined on 6/24/2014We went with the chefs choice and it was well worth it. 5 courses picked by the chef paired with 5 wines. What a great experience. I can't wait to see what happens when they re open after their summer break.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014This was a recommendation from several friends and did not disappoint. We celebrated our 18th anniversary. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by name, to the table with our names printed out on the menu, to the appetizers, meal and dessert (big recommendation here) we had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationHornistDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere for our anniversary celebration. Wonderful service, but the meal was a bit disappointing. Being from the Midwest originally, we grew up with corn fed beef, which is very tender. In the Southwest, grass fed beef is the norm and we find it to be pretty tough. We will return - we just will not do the steak next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthdayRickAZVIPDined on 6/7/2014A special restaurant to treat yourself and friends to fine meal. Great food and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 530 reviews are from the Cork Restaurant - Chandler reviews archive.
- Nice RestaurantSteveDined on 5/30/2014Food was great, service was great...extensive wine list and the port flight for 10, 20, 30 and 40 years was a nice touch. We would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Only Wish I Lived Closer!BeckyDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I visited Cork during restaurant week and we were definitely not disappointed. We had heard great things about it previously, but it's about a 40 minute drive from our home, so we just never made the trip. I'm so glad we finally did. Every dish was perfectly thought out and each course was more and more delicious. For my entree I had a wild boar risotto. It's hard to even describe how rich and creamy it was, it was just perfection. Where else could you even get such a dish? The service was excellent as well. Getting our drinks was a bit slower than we would've liked, but our server was very graceful about it, and he even gave us a $25 gift certificate to use next time. Overall a fantastic experience. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!HappyFoodieDined on 5/23/2014We have been to Cork a few times, and it rarely disappoints. The food is perfectly prepared and presented...."a party in my mouth" one of our guests said! We will go back again, usually for a special occasion due to our budget! We enjoy the service and the privacy of the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find...DoggieComboverDined on 5/22/2014This is an excellent restaurant hidden away in the 'burbs of Chandler. Very nice ambiance, excellent food and service, unexpected in this out of the way location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!WinefoodieDined on 5/21/2014We came here for our anniversary, it was just lovely. When we were seated I noticed they made custom menus with our names and wishing us a happy anniversary. They have a great deal of wines which was impressive considering their location. The starters were perfect size and delicious, however the main entrees were on the smaller size almost an appetizer portion. We enjoyed the fact that the chef uses many local ingredients and farmers. This is a great find for the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekfoodieDined on 5/21/2014Truly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeMJFFCDined on 5/21/2014I chose this place on a recommendation from a friend. Food was excellent Wine rack looked cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014waiter showed disgust when he was told no to his upsellsSpecial Features:
- Consistently ImpressiveEddieazDined on 5/15/2014Been to Cork many times because of the overall high quality of Food and Service. If you have not been, you owe it to yourself.Special Features:
- TerribleRestaurantfanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Terrible service, food, and extremely expensive. Mother's Day Brunch was awful - slow service, sparse options and food was terrible. Will not be going back.
- mothers day brunchjrminazDined on 5/11/2014We've been to cork several times now and the result is this the same, awesome! Mothers day brunch was super yummy. We were a table of four so we all ordered a something different so we could try most of the menu. Everything was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth your time or moneyLuvChopVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit and we had high expectations based upon the other open table feedback. Cork is very overpriced with terrible service. Entrees are really just appetizers. The waiter really screwed up the order so we definitely will not be returning.Special Features:
- Still a hidden Gem!JMB1Dined on 5/9/2014The chef does not disappoint - a fantastic find in south Chandler. A fantastic wine list accompanies the excellent offerings. I'd recommend ordering a couple appetizers and a few entre's to split among a couple as the offerings are very creative and the combinations are un-matched.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationnobloniDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. When we were seated our menu's had Happy Birthday with my name on it. Dinner was delicious - I had rack of lamb and my hubby had the trout. We shared a delicious salad made with blue cheese, carmel popcorn and asian pear. Everything was perfect with the exception of the bread. The bread has always been a thin sliced french with herb butter. It appears they have gone to a small loaf of bread that wasn't eaten because of the consistency. The other bread was so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGettinoutDined on 5/3/2014We wanted to try CORK because it is close to our house. We went on our anniversary and when we got there they greeted us with "Happy Anniversary". We got a table inside but right by the opening to the patio which was nice. Service was great, they didn't rush though courses. When they brought the menu, it was personalized at the top saying " Happy 11th Anniversary" with our names which I thought was a very nice touch then after dinner they rolled the menu in a scroll for a keepsake for us. The waiter was very attentive to us and helped with the wine selection as well as the meal. He knew the menu very well and how to describe everything. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We went to Cork for my Husband's birthday. We had a LOVELY meal. Great service we were not rushed at all. The waiter was very knowledgeable and was very pleasant. We had a terrific time and my husband felt very special. I would defiantly go back again and recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- modern eleganceTheTOPDined on 5/2/2014Unique menu, great wine selection, fantastic service, all tucked away in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood location. Perfect if you're a foodie, a wine lover, or looking for that "special place". My only complaint is the wine selection by the glass is somewhat limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationCliffDined on 5/2/2014They had a special menu with our guest of honor's name - it was a graduation celebration. She was very impressed with the attention. We were all talking and having a great time but some cannot talk without using their hands. A glass of wine was tipped over. The wait staff was immediately there to render assistance and made use still feel welcome. As usual the food was great. This is a truly wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Blend of flavorswgdasuVIPDined on 5/1/2014Dinner at cork is always a nice experience. The chef has a knack of preparing excellent dishes that blend flavors and textures. We had sole nicely grilled over vegetables with a delicate sauce. An excellent crème Brule for desert. I finished with a cappuccino which unfortunately was weak coffee and limp foam for $5.50- skip it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014Food was interesting and perfectly prepared. Service was impeccable. Enjoyed every minute of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningWinoDined on 4/22/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and had an amazing meal. Great service and amazing food. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014I really enjoyed the menu for Easter Brunch. We are never disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuL!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 4/19/2014What an awesome gym hidden in this southeast burb. The menu was quite eclecticSpecial Features:
- Thoughts about your specialsSteveDined on 4/15/2014We had a good meal and nice service. It was a Tuesday evening and your $50 plus wine was 1/2 price but we never heard about this until I asked (after I recalled something from my memory). It would have been nice if our waiter would have reminded us if this fact and you would have sold a nice bottle of wine. I would not expect a reminder in a general place but Cork is nice and upscale were extra service is the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative diningPaulDined on 4/12/2014Although brief, the menu features a good range of foods. The food and its presentation are outstanding. Specials truly are special. The wine selection is similarly outstanding, as are the desserts. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysLandPVIPDined on 4/8/2014Great food & wine choices. Impeccable service and knowledge of the wine list by server Scott.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerdallasdinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014First time visit. Everything was very good. Nice hidden gem with unique ambience. Great for wine lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!MandJDined on 3/29/2014We don't have many date nights so when we do go out, we usually go to Morton's in Scottsdale. This time, we wanted something a little closer to home with a more diverse menu. Success! It was difficult to decide on our dinner because everything on the menu was so tempting. In the end, I went with the seafood special and my husband ordered the Hanger steak. Our waiter, Josh helped us select a perfect wine to compliment both of our entrees. We could not have been more pleased and we'll be going back again and again. I can't wait to try more of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoritethewolfDined on 3/27/2014The cork in chandler is my favorite restaurant in the valley. Chef Brian, Chef Danielle and their respected staffs execut at the highest level. As a chef myself I love this. The pride taken in every aspect of service at Cork shows true passion for our craft. I enjoy spending my hard earned money there it is tribute to a job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ServiceFoodieGuyVIPDined on 3/25/2014Food: 4 stars out of 5. Service: not there. This was the third time I'd eaten there in as many months, and none of those times was it all that busy. Yet the service consistently suffers.Special Features:
- Business Dinner to ImpresslheilandDined on 3/22/2014I needed a great place to impress a business client and the Cork delivered on all fronts! The food, wine and service were impeccable (as always). Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening, the ability to converse without shouting, and the overall dining experience. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFarmerboyDined on 3/20/2014Terrible service. The place was almost empty. Our server basically disappeared. This is a small plates place but - the beet salad was $12 and had one tiny piece of beet and a total of about two bites of salad. The rabbit appetizer which was $19 had two pieces of what they said was rabbit that were perhaps one ounce each. The rabbit was tough and tasteless. We could not eat it. The entrees were OK but not memorable. By the time the main courses arrived we had lost our appetite. Despite the place being almost empty our three courses meal took 2 1/2 hours. Luckily it was quiet so we at least had conversation.
- Very talented, expressivedinerVIPDined on 3/19/2014Very talented, expressive & inventive chef. Look for the wine list - presented on an iPad.Special Features:
- Chandler GemokiedokieDined on 3/19/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday here. Beautiful evening so we ate on the outside patio to watch the beautiful Arizona sunset. Cocktails were tasty with the latest mixology ingredients. The menu was creative and loaded with fresh ingredients. The petroleum sole and steelhead trout were excellent, but the best entree was the lamb from a Virginia farm, the best we have tasted. We will return to sample the changing seasonal menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMauiwowiDined on 3/15/2014Has been our favorite restaurant for years. However, our recent visit wasn't up to the usual standards. I'd pass on the pork belly appetizer which sounded so good on the menu but didn't work in reality. We're planning to go back for a "chef's choice" meal and hope that it's a good as we're use to getting here.Special Features: