Cork Fire Kitchen
44501 Rainbow Canyon Road
Temecula, CA 92592Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Cork Fire Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.temeculacreekinn.com/cork-fire-kitchen
- Phone: 9515871465x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast – 6 am to 11:30 am
Lunch – 11:30 am to 3 pm
(Bar menu 3 pm to 5 pm)
Dinner – 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Bar/Patio – 11 am to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Igor Krichmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cork Fire Kitchen
Rustic, yet refined, Cork Fire Kitchen features inventive menus made for sharing, which highlight the daily bounty from our favorite local farms. Join us for a casual breakfast, lunch with friends or a romantic night out with a spectacular view of our golf course. Enjoy the very best local edibles, foraged fresh and organic whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cork Fire Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Cork Fire Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (15)romantic (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely breakfast destinationCsmith900Dined on 10/12/2014We wanted to go somewhere nice for breakfast. This place did not disappoint. We ordered a variety of breakfast items to share and especially loved the sausage and the pecan malted waffle. We will definitely return when we visit the Temecula area again. The restaurant decor was beautiful and the service was staff was attentive. We were glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Love the short ribs!! Everything was great - food and service! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern twistOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Great location with an updated setting on the golf course. Well done farm-to-table! Still seems to be a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meals in townLovegoodfoodDined on 10/6/2014We ate all three meals at the Cork Fire and had some of the most creative, delicious food we've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. The service was beyond exceptional, as the staff was personable and helped with recommendations. The chef took the time to visit and actually brought us something special to taste as an appetizer. I simply cannot give this restaurant high enough praise for the food and service.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnereatoutalotVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful dinner! great place.... had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Food was not that great. I ordered the duck breast. It was very chewy and the leg meat was still raw. I was not too impressed withe the cauliflower and the beer ravioli either.Special Features:
- OutstandingKennyZDined on 8/31/2014This wonderful golf resort restaurant is in he top 1% of such venues throughout California.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the meals we had. The wait service was excellent. We really appreciate the very low noise level and that there were no TVs in the main dining area. I don't think the quality and creativity of the meals was as good as the last time we were there in the spring. New chef perhaps? You had, before, more choice for vegetarians. In fact, you missed the opportunity to serve us another meal the next day at lunch as you really have no choices for those who eschew meat options; we simply went elsewhere to eat. Consider having a non-dairy option for coffee and hot cereal. The servers who waited on us in the evening and the morning were both under the impression that soy was available and worked hard to find it to no avail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for all 3 mealspsrickieDined on 8/22/2014We had several meals at Cork Fire and all were good. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Loved everything but the Spring Salad. There is no dressing to speak of on this salad, not are they roasted or seasoned in any way. It is only for the true veggie purist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewLindaVIPDined on 8/13/2014The staff accommodated our request for a quiet booth. Our waitress was terrific. We had a great view of the golf course and trees. The beet salad was delicious and my husbands pasta seafood was good. The half chicken came with mashed potatoes but no veggies. It was also under seasoned. Nice wine selections but none from Temecula, which seemed strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor meal plancarrDined on 8/10/2014A hanger steak (3.5oz) with French fries is not a $28 meal. Ate at steak house the next night with choice of salad, side option, vegetable and steak for $27.
- Lovely EveningHunkyDoreyDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were visiting from Canada and ate at the Cork & Kitchen restaurant. Had great ambience, delicious food and great service. Don't hesitate to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relax at after wineSillyFunTimesDined on 8/9/2014adequate place, not amazing but good enough, nice scenery and a relaxing vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSandiegorocksDined on 8/2/2014Great food and awesome service. Make sure you order the Gin Gardner Giblet; YUMZERS!Special Features:
- awesome resturantfoodie4meDined on 8/2/2014food was awesome we were promptly seated and the wait staff was friendly and well informed on menu I had wild boar chops that was very mild and generous portion.my friend had the diver scallops that were to die for, cooked perfect. they also have a great selection of winesSpecial Features:
- The short ribs are delicious!RamonaDined on 8/2/2014We had the short ribs and the roasted chicken and both were delicious . The goat cheesecake was phenomenal. Our server was delightful and we enjoyed speaking to the lovely chef. We had cocktails off the menu, but if you want a specialty drink they might not have the ingredients to make it as we found when we wanted an Amaretto drink. We loved our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has potentialkateDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant had a lot going for it. It was tastefully decorated ,great ambiance overlooking the golf course,and good service. Th negative was the small plates compared to the price. My daughter had scallops for an entree of which were served with three on a plate with a mushroom garnish at a cost of 30.00 dollars which equates to 10.00 each scallop. The food was good but nothing exceptional for that price.I really wanted this to be restaurant I would want to frequent but then again….dont think so!!!!Special Features:
- Temecula GemDineomiteDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is part of the very charming Temecula Creek Inn and really was convenient for all my meals and helped to make my stay there delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualAngieDined on 7/5/2014We love the unique dishes and they are not overwhelming in quantity . . . just perfect amounts. My husband was disappointed with his hanger steak as it was tough, whilst my son's wasn't. He loved his steak. I had the sea bass which was delicious. The chef does an incredible job with the sauces. We loved sitting outside, overlooking the beautiful golf course, having a cocktail before dinner. All in all a great evening out.Special Features:
- Nice view - food was okchampagneDined on 7/3/2014We ordered the duck which was a bit overlooked for our liking. We noticed that each dish had an odd side dish with it that just did not fit. For example, the duck came with beet ravioli which were dry and just did not pair well with the dish in our opinion.Special Features:
- Delish menu, mellow & great serviceLettieDined on 6/23/2014For locals, this is probably a great spot for special occasions, gives you a sense of escape & luxury. For travelers & guests @ the Temecula Creek Inn, it's a lovely amenity, perfect spot for a reliably great meal. The servers are outstanding, attentive but not pushy, genuinely kind & very knowledgable. We'd come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Cork Fire Kitchen reviews archive.
- Noisy CustomersJlkalmanDined on 6/21/2014A loud sixsome ruined an otherwise fine dining experience. Someone on the wait staff should have quieted them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surprise.dinner42Dined on 6/21/2014We've stayed at Temecula Creek Hotel several times, but have never eaten dinner in the restaurant. What a pleasant surprise. I had the shrimp and grits, it was delicious, spicy. My husband had the scallops, the server warned us of the size, which was small, so we ordered an appetizer. We ordered the black and blue flat bread, it was incredible. I gave the restaurant 4 stars because of the portion size. We're not big eaters but, there were only 3 scallops and some tiny mushrooms, but we were warned. The shrimp dish only had 3 shrimp, I think they could have sprung for one more. I shared my grits with my husband, because the scallops didn't come with any sides. The scallop dish should be considered an appetizer.Special Features:
- Awesome!OneprestonDined on 6/17/2014Amazing food. Killer laid back atmosphere. Went there for anniversary and it was great!Special Features:
- Lovely experienceKimcrnDined on 6/17/2014This restaurant was recommended to us for brunch although we had dinner there instead. My husband had a very good steak and I had the special which was seared ahi and it was very good as well. The Caesar had way too much dressing but was good. We tried the ricotta jar appetizer and though the ricotta was good the bread that came with it was rock hard. Dessert was deep dish fresh apple pie and it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new server?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014our server might have been new because we usually receive excellent service at this restaurant. the one we had that night kept disappearing and was no where to be seen after he gave us the dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we could enjoy the view......goodfoodgoodserviceplsDined on 6/14/2014We were excited to meet here for lunch to celebrate Father's day after dad and son finished golf. It must have been time for a shift change, because we waited about 15 mins after being seated to be offered water or a cocktail. Our waiter was very engaging, although when we asked him simple questions regarding some of the appetizers, entrees, etc., he admitted to not really knowing the menu... We were starving by the time we got to order, so we ordered various appetizers, starter salads and entrees. The appetizers took forever to come, and the waiter said he wasn't sure which one he was serving us. The entrees were barely warm when they arrived....best thing, served hot, were the homemade tater tots. Thank goodness for the beautiful view!!Special Features:
- Food was goodniceviewDined on 6/13/2014This could have been a great place, but, they were out of several things. The short ribs, they substituted beef stew. The peach cobbler. One of the beers. And another item. The view of the golf course was nice. But, the service was kind of slow. We ate at 5:30 when it wasn't that busy, but took a long time to be served our entree and even dessert.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnercvitaleDined on 5/31/2014We had a very nice and relaxing Anniversary dinner at a table overlooking the golf course and a couple of ponds. Very nice and tranquil setting. If I had one negative comment it would be about the bar. We came early to have a cocktail. Sat there for about 10 minutes without a single server glancing our way. It was not overly busy in there. We saw them shining glasses and worrying about the TV channels, but not a single glance our way. We gave up and sat at our table early and had our cocktails within a couple of minutes. Our waiter was very friendly and very attentive. Couldn't say enough good things about him. Our dinners were very tasty and well prepared. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Cork Fire KitchenAngieDined on 5/22/2014We had a wonderful evening at the newly renovated restaurant. From the staff, bar, restaurant & food . . . we couldn't find anything to fault. They have done an incredible job with this restaurant and we rank it amongst the BEST of TEMECULA. Prices were very good and not as expensive as some of the wine country restaurants which I think are way too high. They must have incredible Chef as the food was excellent. We will definitely visit this restaurant again as my husband has said it is his new favorite.Special Features:
- Pageo1Pageo1Dined on 5/22/2014Great view and food was excellent. Location was incredible and one of the best places to be in Southern CaliforniaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good service, food, and viewgarmanDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed the golf course view and our server was outstanding. The food was very tasty, though the portions seemed a bit small for the price.Special Features:
- New Temecula RestaurantsocalgalDined on 5/9/2014Restaurant is beautiful and seating is generous and very comfortable. VIews are of the golf course, very pretty at sunset. Food was delicious. We need more upscale dining places like this in Temecula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a golf course grillOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2014Although this restaurant is situated above the golf course pro shop, this is not a golf course restaurant. They have a professional staff that greets you, seats you and a group of servers who are very professional. We were there for dinner one night and breakfast the next morning. Both our servers were exceptional. For dinner I had the shrimps & grits. Served hot, perfectly prepared. My wife had lamb, tender and well seasoned. At breakfast my wife had a omelet loaded with spinach & cheese. I had the fresh fruit parfait, a good amount of fruit, yogurt and granola. I believe the kitchen also caters the various activities at this four star hotel. I was very impressed that they could pull it all off so well.Special Features:
- Completely unorganized and noisyCGranrudDined on 5/3/2014Short and sweet, the restaurant was newly remodeled, however the actual entrance wasn't clearly marked...the main dining area was maybe at half capacity and the noise seems to bounce off of the walls so we asked to move the bar area which was strangely much quieter...once we ordered, the waiter disappeared and a waitress took over, delivering our order, we asked for condiments which came 20 minutes later by our original waiter...we noticed that a couple other guest were waiting for service as well, which was wierd since there were several additional servers there but not really doing anything. Only the bartender seemed to assist people. The food was overpriced and average. The view of the golf course was the only plus.Special Features:
- Pretty goodLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/3/2014Fun atmosphere , great service, nice menu. Had two salads for lunch which were good, only very little protein. Presentation was great, but was hungry a couple hours laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was good except...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Flies were buzzing around us. Other than that the food was excellent. I had the shrimp and grits. Whatever the sasuage is made out of I love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent resort diningRobertJDined on 4/25/2014The Cork Fire Kitchen at The Temecula Creek Inn is the perfect spot for a nice dinner or any meal. The view over the golf course is spectacular. The dinner menu has plenty of variety for all occassions, and breakfast was also excellent. Very attentive and personable staff provided by Roy and Monigue. The lounge is most comfortable for enjoying the fire on a cool evening or sitting on the deck on a warm afternoon. A very good wine list and wonderful appetizers. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good fodAnonymousVIPDined on 4/19/2014Cork Fire Kitchen is on a par with a winery restaurant but located at an Inn. The decor is tastefully rustic yet modern as is the menu. We were celebrating a special occasion and we were given a private room at no extra charge! That was nice as we were a party of 15. The views of the golf course and surrounding grounds from the floor to ceiling windows were very nice. Service was very friendly and the manager even came and introduced himself and even helped serve us. The only problem was the food came a little slowly but that's to be expected when you're a large party ordering more than one course. The menu was varied and the food was pretty good. The only thing I was disappointed in was the profiteroles. The pastry was rather dry.Special Features: