Cork & Pig Tavern #2
7260 E. State Highway 191
Odessa, TX 79765Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Cork & Pig Tavern #2
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkandpig.com/home.php
- Phone: 4322724569x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Felipe Armenta, Virginia Dalbeck, John Nestor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: We occasionally feature live music on the patio.
A word from Cork & Pig Tavern #2
The Cork & Pig Tavern is an exciting blend of good food, great drinks, and a friendly staff, as well as a unique environment for friends and family to relax, laugh, and dine. The C.P.T. has been the dream and brain-child of three long time friends who have spent the last decade mastering the art of providing their guests with an unparalleled and second to none dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cork & Pig Tavern #2 - Best Restaurants in Odessa ›
Cork & Pig Tavern #2 reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (35)hot spot (33)good for groups (25)special occasion (25)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- GREAT FIND IN ODESSA!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We are from the Dallas Area and really miss the outstanding restaurants!!!! Cork and Pig Tavern is a welcome breath of fresh air to a booming area that really needs some new and updated dining choices. The food and the service is wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed our time immensely. The restaurant has a very nice patio. My husband will definitely return and sit on the patio!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere- ok food for priceYumyumDined on 9/25/2014We love the atmosphere and wait staff. The deviled egg aps are delicious. The ribs are great. The sides are skimpy but good. The special fish was Mahi Mahi and was not worth the $25. Overall, the food is overpriced but is decent. Their pizzas are great but you can not create your own toppings. Definitely pizza for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was non existentTerryDined on 9/21/2014The food was very good. Our server was AOL. We asked for the manager when we saw that there would be no service. That request infuriated the server to the point she never returned to offer coffee deserts or more wine. To the credit of the manager she picked up our tabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!Momof5Dined on 9/21/2014Love so much of the food here! Steak salad is amazing-- perfectly cooked steak and the dressing for the salad is delicious. Pizzas are also all delicious, as are the burgers and sandwiches. Love the thin fries, and we always get the chip and dip for appetizer. Never quite had a pimento dip as good as this, and the avocado for the guacamole is always fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cork & Pig #2, Odessa, TXCP092014NLDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I thought the wine, salads, and entrees we had were very good but were somewhat nonplussed that bread to accompany the salad course was unavailable, and the entrees---salmon and filet mignon---were served w/out any garnishing vegetables. We might have ordered a side dish had the server pointed out that nothing "came with". Unimaginative desserts offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdininginodessaDined on 9/19/2014Food was good. Made a reservation for 4 but needed table for 5 and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mandooronaDined on 9/17/2014Over our dining experience was great. Food was tasty and service was prompt. The noise level made it hard for our servers to hear us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!CjloveditDined on 9/14/2014Loved it! Service was great and the food was amazing!! Four thumbs up!! 👍👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addition suggestionCani21Dined on 9/14/2014Booster seats would be a great addition. My almost 4 yr old can not reach the table but in using a high hair he barley fits. This would be great because the restaurant is kid friendly and offer a great children's menu... Adding a grilled chicken breast would be a plus for a little more variety. We love Cork & Pig!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Odessa RestaurantWestTexasGuyDined on 9/13/2014It is great to finally have a restaurant in Odessa that has an excellent variety if choices that are always delicious and fresh. The ambiance is excellent. The managers are always kind, outgoing and helpful. TOP NOTCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLocalDinerDined on 9/11/2014Great food but noise level is high. Make a reservation if you don't want a wait that can sometimes be long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in OdessaPhoenixFoodDined on 9/5/2014Absolutely wonderful food. The noise was a bit loud but I was not surprised considering the amount of people waiting to get in. I recommend this place to anyone who is planning a night out with a special someone.Special Features:
- Good placeTravelerDined on 9/3/2014We have been to the Cork and Pig several times. Very popular spot. Food and service has always been great. Usually a large crowd so the open table Resv was really great! Nice to not have to wait 30 or 45 minutes on a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Midland/OdessamoretoppingsDined on 8/31/2014The place is nice, great atmosphere, but the food was not impressive. I ordered a pizza and the amount of toppings in it where scarce. The pizza was mostly crust, which was disappointed, especially when the pizza was $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayeatin825Dined on 8/25/2014Everything was excellent except that the bread for our sandwiches was burnt. That was not good nor did it taste good. Inside the sandwiches was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Strikes…They are OutTKS2Dined on 8/23/2014We tried this restaurant 3 times, hoping to find a meal we fully enjoyed because the place has a nice feel to it. Short Ribs (1 Rib, it looked lonely) had 5 small bites of meat and the rest was solid fat for $25. Deviled Eggs were good. Guacamole was good, chips were stale. Trout was overcooked, the sauce helped. Mashed Potatoes dry. Salads were huge, but luke-warm. Too much lettuce. Asparagus was good, but for a side that cost $5, you should get more than 3 spears. Pizza soggy in the middle. We tried 3 times. Too expensive and food too average. Our waitresses were nice, but we did have 1 very rude server bring out our food. And they do rush you out. They have lost us as customers. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceThunderGod54Dined on 8/16/2014Staff was more than helpful, food and drink superb, atmosphere was terrific!!Special Features:
- Must experience, good foodDinner2enjoyDined on 8/15/2014We made reservations on line for 6:30 pm and were seated right away, Jessica was our server, she made sure we were taking good care of. The food was hot, fresh and very pleasing. May be because if the high ceilings, noise level is kind of high. Overall we did enjoy our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACEteeepsDined on 8/2/2014I've eaten at least 4 times within the past year. Love the food.Special Features:
- amazing place and peoplefrancoDined on 7/31/2014Special thanks to Monica and Kayla and management for taking such great care of us at our special family occasion (18 people). What a great introduction for Odessa's newest firefighter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to dine here, great menu!Grammy1Dined on 7/30/2014Please put one in Midland!!! It would be a great to have on in Midland, you should consider putting one downtown, I'm sure it would do great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Great food and service just a bit loud best in the area by farSpecial Features:
- HappyCamperDined on 7/24/2014This is a fun place with great food and wine. We love it.Special Features:
- Great food and AtmospherePeelerAgDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I have eaten here a few times and I was stuck on the great pizza. I decided to try something different and I was not disappointed. The pecan trout is fantastic and it goes well with a good white wine. We will make cork & pig a regular visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PorkypigBobgDined on 7/14/2014Used open table to get a reservation. I wouldn't go without a reservation. Wildly popular place. Waiter was very attentive at start, diminished toward the end. All 4 dishes ordered were excellent. Meat was cooked as ordered. I think portions could be smaller , even though current size encourages sharing. I had steak salad. The balsamic dressing was excellent. Steak was cooked to order. My wife had a mushroom pizza. She liked the pizza, but is only available in one size and it's enough for 4 people. Our guests had the pork chops and a salad. Half the pork chops went in a doggy bag. Meal was $103 plus tip. I recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Another Great TimeXabenVIPDined on 7/13/2014Love food and we always enjoy our time. Only restaurant that uses open table in Odessa and Midland makes it easy set up reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Busygirl88Dined on 7/8/2014Great food, maybe a little more selection but the pork chops are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are the way to goReservedDined on 7/8/2014I had a reservation and was able to bypass the 45 min wait time. So glad I used opentable.com off the urbanspoon appSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricingbobsaysDined on 7/5/2014The service was the best around with great ambiance. The only downfall is the pricing. The pricing was noticeably high. The food was good but coming from Austin the food was not to the level to charge $30 for a Filet and $20 for Pork Chops. There were also some wines in the $50-$60 range you can purchase for $14-$20. Unless their goal is to have a customer base that is primarily "hill billies" out on the town, one time a year, that will pay for over priced food because "look how fancy maw", I would suggest they modify prices as such to have regular patrons that DO pay for quality but are not raked over the coals for quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG Burger is awesomeXabenVIPDined on 7/5/2014Book my reservation on open table. Got there little early but hostess was very kind and got me great table. The restaurant was pretty busy but my waitress was awesome. The Texas burger is one best burgers I have ever had, and I have had many hamburgers. Great bun, meat was tasty and I like the touch if the Canadian bacon on it. Also the devil eggs where great and cheap app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Shey60Dined on 7/3/2014This is an awesome place!! The pimento cheese is spicy but has great flavor. It's the first guacamole my husband likes. It's pork entrees are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We love the food. It is very consistent and great! We enjoy this restaurant. It's nice to have a restaurant to go to that isn't your typical West Texas food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fist, but not last!cvjbVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was our first time here, a business dinner and we were taken care of by a great staff, food was very good and other than would like to see wines here as their other location, no complaints!Special Features:
- great timeXabenVIPDined on 6/30/2014Went here for lunch. Really enjoyed finding this place on Opentable.(Wish more restaurants in the area use open table). The chm salad, sorry forgot name of dish, was amazing. Very creative and large chunks of chicken. The corn bread appetizer was definitely worth $7. Served in small cast iron with all it flavor. Will,definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsJudeeDined on 6/27/2014The food is good. The wait staff is friendly and competent. The noise and activity level is a bit much for us. We are senior citizens. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation. My husband walks with a cane. There were no available seats. Another customer offered him her seat. I think the hostess was too distracted to see what was needed. Maybe more awareness of diners who are seniors or who have disabilities would improve your customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDaj67Dined on 6/25/2014Food and service were great. Portion size are very good and great original menu. Very very very noisy inside. Outside porch is great. I would recommend it. Prices are a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY - but they rush you out!AmazingVIPDined on 6/16/2014We went here for drinks with friends, but the wait service was rushing us to order and then after we munched on apps (that were yummy) the server started removing the plates before we were even done - she didn't even ask!!! The local friends we went with said the C&P is always rushing you out. But unfortunately it's one of the few local places you can go to - so they don't have much choice. So great place, but they need to appreciate the business they are receiving and let there guests enjoy the good food and drinks they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Cork & Pig Tavern #2 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The food was delicious. Wish you would bring back your fish tacos. Also, we went early in the evening around 5:30 and you were already out of mashed potatoes. Just wanted you to know that 3 of us wanted your mashed potatoes. Will visit again soon. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GrubBombaDined on 5/19/2014They have an appetizer that is amazing. The corn bread is awesome. Order the corn bread and the deviled eggs and you can't miss for the appetizers. Amanda is an excellent server.Special Features:
- Mother's DayBonnieDined on 5/11/2014Thank you for the quick seating on the evening of Mother's Day as we brought my 93 year old mother to dine with us. It was a very enjoyable experience but it was very loud so it was difficult for us to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.