Cork and Fin
221 Carrall Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2J2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cork and Fin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.corkandfin.ca/
- Phone: (604) 569-2215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7days a week from 5pm to 10pm, until 12am on Fridays and Saturdays Lunch: Thursday to Saturday from 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Elliott Hashimoto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mezzanine level offers semi-private dining for those seeking a more intimate experience. The mezzanine overlooks the dining room allowing one to still feel a part of the room without bumping elbows.
- Private Party Contact: Francis Regio 6045692215
- Special Events: Wine Dinners and Seafood Boil Feasts available throughout the year. Please inquire via email. We offer a semi-private dining room capable of seating up to 20 guests. Private Dining is available upon request.
- Cross Street: Water Street
- Public Transit: Waterfront station is a 5 minute walk away connecting with the North shore Seabus, Skytrain, and West Coast Express. Buses run along Cordova St. just steps away from the front door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on Cordova St and Water St. Private lots are also available on Cordova St and Water St.
A word from Cork and Fin
Gastown's only Raw Bar Restaurant located in the Historic Alhambra Hotel. Cork & Fin offers fresh quality seafood at an affordable price point. Delectable plates are served up tapas style. Enjoy fresh shucked oysters, Seafood Towers, Ahi Tuna Carpaccio or Roasted Game Hen with wild mushrooms for those craving something land based.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Cork and Fin - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Cork and Fin reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)special occasion (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great seadfoodMrsODined on 11/23/2014We went with a few friends specifically for their oysters. On Sundays, they have a lot of great specials, including the oysters and the seafood tower. We had at least two dozens oysters among the 5 of us, as well as the tower, which also included oysters, seared tuna, hamachi in soy sauce, mussels and lobster. Everything was as fresh as it gets and vibrantly tasty. My husband also ordered the game platter, which included spicy wings, fries with aioli and pork buns. The buns were so tasty, according to him, (I'm not too crazy about pork belly), that he ordered another serving, just of buns. The wine list, while not very long, does include a few varieties of bubbles, white and reds. Again, they often have specials. We had the Pinot Gris and the Chardonnay I think and were happy with our choice. The service was very good overall. Our server was nice and helpful and the waiting times were more than decent. Price-wise, it's also very reasonable considering the quality of their ingredients. All in all, it's a great place to go out with friends when craving really fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and location, but food too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014Came for dinner and ordered the 6 dish chef's tasting menu paired with a 1/2 litre of a great okanagan white wine. The first four dishes were fantastic, excellent balance of flavour and texture. Unfortunately the final two (roasted lamb rack and lobster mac and cheese) were both incredibly salty!!! We were too polite to say anything, but probably should have - after a few bites we just couldn't eat anymore. We have been to Cork and Fin several times and the food quality has generally been excellent- this is the first time something hasn't tasted right. Definitely would still recommend this place, I hope this was just a one-off. Ambiance and location in Gastown are both awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDatenight2Dined on 11/8/2014So yummy! Perfect for me and the hubbies date night! Service was awesome:)Special Features:
- Poor quality over pricedNolanDined on 11/8/2014The tasting dishes not good and very over priced for what was served. We were all very disappointed.
- Price and selectionSweeneytoddDined on 11/1/2014The two things that stand out for me is the price and alcohol selection. I have been to a few other places in the area and have spent the same amount of money and gotten much more food for the value. Secondly, a well stocked bar and excellent mixologist is a must. Two drinks that I wanted could not be made because basic ingredients (Spice rum) could not be provided. Also, I asked for the glass to be sugared and it wasn't. …and…the food was good, but did not have a wow factor. ex…the crab mac and cheese was good, but barely any crab…I have no problem paying for food if the quality of it blows you away. That being said, the service was excellent and the environment was beautiful.Special Features:
- Great but priceyGloriaDined on 10/31/2014You get what you pay for. Everything was delicious, and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.BlondieDined on 9/26/2014This was my second time here and I was a bit disappointed. The first time I went me and a girlfriend sat at the bar and had a dish and a dessert and two (2) cocktails each. Seems the way it should be when you visit this joint. There was 4 of us in this party and they do tapas style. The waiter recommended 10 to 12 dishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is insane. And the value was not amazing. If we decided on 12, that would be almost double what we would spend if we all got an entree each (and they do not do entrees). Not a bad place, but I will go to many other places before returning.Special Features:
- Mostly great menu, great group mealLovesmallmealspotsDined on 9/26/2014This place is super cute - great cozy atmosphere. All the menus items are very reasonably priced - a nice contrast from other Gastown locations. The share plate premise and ambiance creates a great group dining experience. Happy hour is phenomenal - drink and oysters are a must. Almost all of the menu items we tasted were good - we don't recommend the gnocchi howerver. Service staff was very prompt and overall friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value during happy hourmisterdiazDined on 9/26/2014Prices are reasonable but happy hour is amazing for cocktails and oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local tapas40ishlocalsDined on 9/20/2014lively room, great for small/midsize groups, tapas style smaller plates great for sharing. For seafood lovers or more adventurous foodies, stick to a la carte and avoid the tasting menu. Very well thought out wine list and good choice of beers and handcrafted cocktails.Special Features:
- Best service ever!shirLDined on 9/15/2014Got engaged here in 2012, and decided to come back here for our first year wedding anniversary. I simply emailed to inquire if we could get the same table, and they went above and beyond to ensure that we did. They even prepared us with champagne and flowers to decorate the table. Superb service from beginning to end and we are totally going to come back annually at the very least to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- nothing special....stephanieDined on 9/11/2014I was having expectations about the seafood, especially the tower since it's first on the menu, but it was a disappointment. The tower is expensive for the amount of food. The waitress emphasized it's a lot of food, and we even looked online for a picture of the tower, but when it came.... Let's just say what she said would be good for 4 girls plus two sides, was good for only 2. The gnocchi was also small portion, but frites was ok. The one thing I would recommend is the grapefruit beer, it's low alcohol (3.5%?) and it's refreshing.Special Features:
- How to spoil the summer menuOldFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Summer menu of small plates is a good option. My biggest disappointment is all 6 small plates came to table pretty well the same time. A better experience with tapas-like dining is to stagger the plates perhaps alternative cold and hot alternatives so they don't go cold.Special Features:
- Great all: food, place, servicelovefoodandcorknfinDined on 8/18/2014Great place to hang out with family and friends. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaysJerseytravelerDined on 8/13/2014Excellent food. The freshest salmon I've ever had. The tapas size dishes could have been a bit larger only to be able to provide our group of six more than one bite each from a plate. Great 70s groove soundtrack playing made. Fun ambiance and great for our group's dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too casual for it's own goodweeklydinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Ok, we saw it the night before next to a great restaurant we enjoyed. Tried it for the oysters and seafood on the plates. We ordered the trout (very good and fresh) preceded by oysters and a couple of appetizers. Non tasty appetizers, they forgot the oysters, the wind selection was not very good to the taste or diverse,and the waiter kept saying "totally" to everything we said, good or bad. Gave us a nice champagne as a consolation prize, but, well...not worthy,totally.
- The following 406 reviews are from the Cork and Fin reviews archive.
- Cute spot to stop incatshack666Dined on 7/23/2014I love these small restaurants popping up in the popular areas of Vancouver, especially in Gastown. Cocktail list was lovely, I had a stormy sour made with ginger beer and you could really taste the ginger! Very delicious. Myself and my uncle went in on Wednesday night and had the grilled crab legs and shrimp parfait to start, both were very enjoyable and as our main course we both had the daily fish special which was Sea Bream, or a whole baked fish and that was a first for me. My only complaint would be that the main course did take over 30 minutes to come out BUT our server without even asking us brought out a couple oysters for us to share on the house because of the wait time which was a very nice surprise! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- My new fav restaurantKeithVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great food + service. Great location. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu and all sold outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Sat us down gave us drinks and then told us most of their limited menu had run out! Food that was available was poor in quality
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Cork and Fin called us and cancelled our reservation about two hours before our dinner time. Not impressed.
- DisappointingDianeVIPDined on 7/4/2014Small menu, mediocre food. So disappointed because this is such a lovely space and great location. Needs more work on the menu
- Best meal of the tripKeithVIPDined on 6/15/2014Made these rezzies for family from ON who were here for the weekend after Alaskan cruise. They said C&F was the best meal of the trip. Service was outstanding and food was terrific. You did our city proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The food is always wonderful. The maangment and service are always attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay not amazinggheppetoDined on 5/18/2014Pretty average. Tuna was tasty but too sweet, the smoked oyster was delicious, but there was only one. Asparagus salad was meh, muscles were good.
- number one service!demandingfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Hi, We went for a Mother's Day/birthday celebration and were really pleased with the food, service and ambiance. They accommodated our request of a window seat, not often done in restaurants these days especially when booking with open table. Our server happened to be one of the owners and very attentive and social as were the rest of the staff. We would recommend it to anyone and will go back again.Special Features:
- Eat PriorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The bench seating is chewed up enough that one loses theor appetite which is good as the portions for some dishes are so ridiculously small. They should definitely recover the seats & add first coarse items to their menu. Pasta is inexensive to serve so perhaps a more than appetizer portion for entree is advisable as its expected when ordered.
- Good food service not so muchGastownfoodieDined on 4/17/2014We had a great dinner there; the food was fantastic. Our server was not so good. He was fake, smarmy and generally lame. It took a long time for our food to arrive (1hr) and there were only 4 other tables, it was a quiet weeknight. The food was worthy enough to repeat and we will forgive the slow service as everyone has an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding. neighborhoodTouristDined on 4/11/2014Food was outstanding. neighborhood had a good grunge trasition feel to it which made the Cork and Fin a side street oasis in a sea of urbanity. Only hitch was the hostess/waitress who had been there two weeks and was learning the ropes. Food was outstanding. Would go back in a month when the service issue gets straightened out. Did I mention the food was outstanding?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/20144th visit here. Great food. Wine And service! Knowledgable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.BoltUprightVIPDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food and service. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- cozy and cutealbertafoodieDined on 3/21/2014The restaurant is a cute little building very old and antique looking. The service was amazing and the food was outstanding. All in all a wonderful experience and would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLove2eatoutDined on 3/18/2014A dark wet Tuesday night and we were in early. The lovely street level room is an intimate size and layout so it never felt "empty". The charming owner was very attentive and interesting to talk to. Initially we were disappointed that there wasn't a lot of seafood on the menu but on closer reading, there was plenty and all of the food was delicious. This place does seasonal to table very well - some of the best. Keeps the menu short and very up to date. Lovely cocktails and a small but well appointed wine list. Desserts to die for - a light and airy "cheesecake" like you've never seen or tasted before. Pure joy! Olive oil icecream with a salted caramel crunch wafer is a must try - it's truly delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 7 Saturday NightMaccVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our meals were all really good, and the three course price is unbeatable. Some of us have dietary restrictions that would have limited their options on the menu but that was covered by the daily specials. Our waiter was very friendly, offered good advice on menu items and did not rush us at all. I will likely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Bit of a let downBillionDined on 3/7/2014We really liked the decor, our servers persona and the location of the restaurant. We were disappointed with the poor acoustics, with the restaurant being full you felt like you were at a noisy stadium. The meal service was too slow, portion sizes were a bit too small given our cheque at the end of the night, I was unfortunately still hungry after my entree was done. The food quality was quite good and they did have an interesting menu selection. Overall the place left us wanting more and we didn't think we would make quick moves to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherelovesushiVIPDined on 2/20/2014We had a 3 course meal for a set price. Yhe choices were wonderful and the food outstanding. I have a gluten allergy and that was no problem even the dessert we shared was already gluten free. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great evening!JessicaDined on 2/16/2014We got the 3-course meal with wine pairings and it was delicious! Fresh seafood and vegetables. Absolutely loved the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant!wellmanDined on 2/15/2014When I went to Cork and Fin for Valentine's Day they had a limited menu. The food was really good but the portion sizes were really small. My previous visits were great with a delicious full menu, great service and leaving feeling more full than at Valentine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good V-day SpotBDubDined on 2/14/2014Great set menu for Love day. Octopus Salad was outstanding, as were the oysters and tuna tartare. Little bit cramped because all of the tables for two but hey, it's Valentines Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(VIandaDined on 2/12/2014This restaurant was a disappointment. The flavour was fair, not great, but it has definitely a space to grow, however the amount of food is minimalistic, to say the least. The desert a Lemon tart was awful. The drink menu is bad, there is only a few options for beer, nothing on tap. Good point they have oysters that are fresh and clean, they have a deal from 5 to 6:30pm that is quite good. Also they have a promotion were they take 10 dlls off from your menu before 6 pm, and maybe they take half of your food... Too bad it is a beautiful restaurant and the service was good.
- First timersLuvonlinereservationsDined on 2/2/2014Last day of Dineout on Feb.2,2014 and First timers @ Cork & Fin. Three savoury courses $28 ~ Fresh Oysters (upgraded from 3 pcs to a dozen +$14) , Tuna Albacore, and Grilled NY Striploin (+$2). All dishes and other dishes by looking at my friend's dishes were nicely executed and got a cozy corner for seating. The only rather small main entree was the Roasted Lingcod. All in all ~ a nice ending of dineout YVR.Special Features: