Cork & Cow
403 Main Street
Franklin, TN 37064Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cork & Cow
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.corkandcow.com/
- Phone: (615) 538-6021
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason McConnell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kari Mauk 6155956070
A word from Cork & Cow
Steakhouse in Downtown Franklin
Steakhouse in Downtown Franklin
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cork & Cow - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Cork & Cow reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (61)notable wine list (59)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (21)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wouldn't ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014This restaurant was so loud we couldn't enjoy anything...the food, conversation, anything. Service was quite good. The calamari was so overcooked I thought I was eating rubber. Those expensive fillets were cooked as ordered but were pretty tough.
- Personable feastMichCanelitesDined on 11/19/2014The service is patient, knowledgable and efficient. The food was incredible and the chef was very attentive to food preferences. They created a custom dish that was fantastic. The items tried off the menu were perfect. The personable approach of the wait staff made this dinner top notch. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an awesome restaurant!Robin0730Dined on 11/19/2014If you live in or near Franklin, there is no reason at all that you need to travel to Nashville to find the best fine dining experience. It is here folks, in our backyard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - okay serviceDB09VIPDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I love to go out for meals. Not just a quick bite, but a meal. An experience. This is a restaurant that has the potential to let you do just that. I say "potential" because we had issues with our server rushing us, but I'll review that privately with the restaurant and just focus on the drinks and the food. We each started with an amazingly delicious cocktail that was noticeably hand-crafted with TLC. The bartender knew what he or she was doing when these little treasures were made! For a starter, we shared the meatball appetizer which was very good too. The sauce is unexpectedly spicy, but the meatballs and the bread served under them were tasty. I felt like having a really good hamburger that night and what I ordered (the cheeseburger of course) didn't disappoint...it was exactly what I was wanting. The quality of the meat used (both the burger & the bacon) was excellent. Prepared perfectly. The house fries with the malt vinegar aioli is exactly what you would want to pair with a burger like this. My husband ordered the peasant braised beef which turned out to be my favorite of our two entrees. Very, very good. And very, very comforting on a cold night. Our server recommended the A to Z Pinot Noir with each of our dishes, which was a great recommendation and complimented our food nicely. We were too full for dessert but from what we overheard, sounded lovely. We will try Cork & Cow again but will request that we not have the same server.Special Features:
- Outstanding evening!Pear0630Dined on 11/15/2014Went here for my birthday with my hubby! Sat upstairs on a loft/balcony overlooking the restaurant/bar. Very cool. Cool vibe - chandeliers and decor are awesome. Steak was amazing. Well done - we really enjoyed the night! Right on Main St in Franklin, so we walked around after dinner :) Great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant you must go!FranklinFoodieDined on 11/12/2014This restaurant has everything going for it - great food, drinks, service, atmosphere! Make reservations and enjoy a night on the town. The bar is also fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a special ocassionNashVegasDined on 11/10/2014Great food, very good service - it's small an very noisy so not all that romantic. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 11/8/2014very unique food combinations that i would never think would work well together but were awesome! I absolutely loved the Halibut wrapped in a potatoskin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best filet ever!loveanicemealDined on 11/8/2014Cork & Cow puts Morton's and other high-dollar steakhouses in the Nashville area to shame. The charred oysters were superb. French press coffee and the creme brulee topped off a fantastic meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!lahorseDined on 11/8/2014I have been twice this week! It was so much fun for a table of ten for a special girls night out dinner and then also perfect for an anniversary dinner with my husband. We love it! It's charming and sophisticated and the food is the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WanderlustDined on 11/8/2014Expensive but the steak was incredible. Mac and cheese best ever. Special occasion worthy. Great location, park the car, go to dinner, walk the cute shops after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We go here often because the food is great, the service is amazing and they have one of the best bartenders around. For a total restaurant experience, they are the best in Franklin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An anomalyLocalFarmSupporterDined on 11/7/2014We have been here several times with enjoyable meals and excellent service. This time was not up to their usual standards. Oysters were outstanding but entries were merely okay. Service was not good tonight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food delicious, service was veryCCGrasslandDined on 11/3/2014attentive but was just a tad too expensive as are most restaurants in Nashville these days.Special Features:
- Upscale pub diningPickyEaterDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed our meal that included scallops appetizer, the "Tomahawk", a 32 oz ribeye steak with oven roasted red potatoes finished in the fryer and topped with chimmichuri, and a side of asparagus spears. Everything was very tasty and well-prepared. The scallops were sweet and tender. The steak was savory and rich, but included a large rib bone and gobs of fat. The asparagus was perfectly al dente. The after dinner coffee was also very smooth and rich. Overall, the tastes were superb including the steak. There are several steaks and other entrees to choose from. Table service was pleasant and attentive. The tables were generously sized and attractive, and the chairs were comfortable. We will go back, but avoid the Tomahawk.,Special Features:
- Best meal in a whilefranklinresidentDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I brought our out of town guests to Cork & Cow and were blown away by the food, service, and ambiance. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceGoodstuffDined on 10/25/2014Eric our server was incredible. He completed our dining experience. He was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and spoke passionately about the food preparation.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service were excellent. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindtoughtopleaseDined on 10/19/2014Never been here before. I have been a big fan of Red Pony in Franklin and they were closed on Sunday. Had a fabulous experience and the food was perfect. As always in the food world...you pay for what you get and it was well worth the money. I have found my new restaurant in Franklin for special nights out.Special Features:
- SurfgirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our wait staff was inattentive. Other wait staff dropped silverware 4 times during our meal. The bartender dropped 2 things. The food wasn't worthy of the price point and certainly not at Franklin standards.
- hollyholyDined on 10/18/2014We had to send our steaks back because they were very rare and we ordered medium. Our server comped our dessert which was very nice. We were disappointed when we realized we only got home with half of our leftovers. We spent $200.00 on our dinner and we were really looking forward to those leftovers!Special Features:
- NoisyTrvlandwine1Dined on 10/16/2014Love the food and service. Need quieter ambiance during dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold foodDiner2uDined on 10/14/2014potatoes were served cold. Asparagus over cooked. Really an average steak house but overpriced. Wines were more expensive for similar wines in other resturants.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!!!CrackerJackDined on 10/14/2014We (group of 4) truly enjoyed the relaxed dinning experience and the food/ service were both excellent! I highly recommend sharing The Tomahawk with a friend - be ready for a "WOW" with the first bite!!Special Features:
- A must!LunchDined on 10/14/2014What a great experience after a long work day. The carrot cake dessert will give you chills, and leave you speechless. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.Mhf1961Dined on 10/13/2014Went to Cork and the Cow on a recommendation and we are glad we did. Highly recommend the zucchini fries as an appetizer. The grouper special, lamb chops, and surf and turf were all delicious. Traveling to the Nashville are in the summer and we will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryJohnADined on 10/9/2014If you're looking for that "one of a kind" dining experience, you must try Cork & Cow. Starting with the Signature "Bittersweet Homecoming" cocktail through the main course finishing with extraordinary desserts, the journey is not one you'll soon forget.Special Features:
- OutstandingLetseatVIPDined on 10/9/2014Not only was the food outstanding but the service as well! The steak will absolutely melt in your mouth and don't miss the tempura lobster. Our greeting from Rachel and service from Adam actually rivaled the food. Thanks so much for such a wonderful evening. When I return to the area, I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine dining experienceDinnerclubVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was my first time dining at Cork & Cow. My husband treated me to a special night out after finishing grad school, and boy was it special. Impeccable wine list, fabulous cocktails, and very unique beer selections. But our waitress Jennifer took our experience to another level. She had in-depth knowledge about every item on the menu. The shrimp and scallop gnocchi was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. My husband's filet was melt in your mouth tender. Highly recommend Cork & Cow. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great service!FoodandwineDined on 10/4/2014The food was fabulous. The steaks were better than expected and the Mac and cheese was one of the best in town. The oyster appetizer was amazing. Our server was terrible. He failed the check on us regularly, did not seem to know the menu well, and was not personable at all. Although the food was great, we probably won't return with so many other options available in nashville with tried and true service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Lovely wait staff and quick service. Very wonderful romantic spot and the food was amazing. We shared a starter, salad and then an entrée and the portions were just perfect. The shrimp and scallop gnocchi was AMAZING. Best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night ever!BJA03Dined on 9/27/2014I took my Fiancé here for his birthday and we LOVED everything about this place. Starting at the bar, the specialty cocktails were excellent, the service was perfect and all if the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jonisueDined on 9/26/2014The food and service were excellent, but the noise level was so loud that it was disconcerting. We may go back for the food, but will have to really consider whether or not we want to put up with the loud crowd. Also the lighting was so dim, we couldn't read the menu. Luckily the waiter was very excellent and verbally went through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality and Service-High PriceFranklinfoodieDined on 9/23/2014Our reservation request indicated this was an anniversary celebration. Unfortunately, on this evening we found both the food quality and service to be very poor. A filet which was ordered medium (pink w/red center ok? said the aloof waiter) was served with a very rare, cold, dark red center. The waiter hadn't returned to check on our dinner. When we finally got his attention his response to the under cooked steak was "you want us to put some more fire under it?" Fifteen minutes later the same steak was returned over cooked. No apology, no manager, no "happy anniversary", no coffee -- nothing but an arrogant waiter and a tab of $150 for two. What a disappointment! We're crossing the Cork & Cow off our list of fine dining options!
- Okay diningPuckDined on 9/19/2014The salad, steak, and shrimp were fine, but should have been extraordinary for the price we had to pay. I had buyer's remorse. Could have had 16 meals at Cracker Barrel instead of the 2 we had at Cork & Cow. No, the food would not have been as good, but would have been tasty and a much, much better value. For food that is just as good, or better, try Stoney River and save enough to still eat at Cracker Barrel a couple of times.Special Features:
- awesome serviceolenatchezDined on 9/19/2014Food was fantastic and service by our waiter, Adam, was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedGettingOutDined on 9/16/2014We love Kayne Prime, and were reluctant to try C&C because we don't indulge in steak very often. We're glad we did. The ambiance was homier than Kayne - not better, just different. It feels like a neighborhood place which was welcomed after a busy day. Our server was phenomenal - truly outstanding. The best - the bread, the drinks and the steak were truly outstanding. We split a grass-fed bone-in ribeye with truffle butter and it was amazing. The sides, appetizers and dessert were very good but couldn't hold a candle to Kayne. All in all, however, there was enough truly great to seal the deal on a return visit.
- Wonderful ExperiencesmiloDined on 9/13/2014Best filet hands down. We added the aged butter on top of the filet and it added the most delicious flavor. Also tried the mac and cheese and it was the best I have had in a long time. Server was knowledgeable about food. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieDined on 9/12/2014Excellent meal and service! We have already recommended Cork and Cow to friends. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!FlintstonesDined on 9/11/2014The Tomahawk Rib-eye was fantastic. We paired it with a bottle of Caymus cab. What a great night. Thank you Grant and JoshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.